CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 30, 2018, 12:00:01 AM

Title: 8/30/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on August 30, 2018, 12:00:01 AM
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 05:25:52 AM
Morning, all. Happy Office Friday.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 06:17:05 AM
Happy little Friday!
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 06:20:40 AM
Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 06:33:13 AM
Good morning, Dave.
Morning, Tony. See you went with the NR last night. Good call.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 06:40:05 AM
Good morning, Dave.
Morning, Tony. See you went with the NR last night. Good call.
I wanted a change of pace but the other cigars I mentioned were all soft and spongy. In any case, I wasn't disappointed.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 07:26:58 AM
Good morning, Dave.
Morning, Tony. See you went with the NR last night. Good call.
I wanted a change of pace but the other cigars I mentioned were all soft and spongy. In any case, I wasn't disappointed.
TNWSS
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 07:39:30 AM
Good morning, Dave.
Morning, Tony. See you went with the NR last night. Good call.
I wanted a change of pace but the other cigars I mentioned were all soft and spongy. In any case, I wasn't disappointed.
TNWSS
Touché
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 07:53:25 AM
Now I'm giving consideration to what cigar I might smoke on the way home. Perhaps an RP Decade Cameroon?
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 30, 2018, 08:14:47 AM
Morning Dave and Tony.  Sorry to hear about the soft and spongy stick.  Hate when that happens.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 08:31:47 AM
Morning Dave and Tony.  Sorry to hear about the soft and spongy stick.  Hate when that happens.
Aren't you used to it at your age? Morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 08:32:14 AM
Now I'm giving consideration to what cigar I might smoke on the way home. Perhaps an RP Decade Cameroon?
Another solid choice. How far is the walk to the bus stop?
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 30, 2018, 08:49:12 AM
Morning Dave and Tony.  Sorry to hear about the soft and spongy stick.  Hate when that happens.
Aren't you used to it at your age? Morning, Mark.
You're welcome.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 08:52:56 AM
good morning guts. pleasant weather here, good enough to turn,off the a/c and open all the windows. been hot rubbing all morning. cigar # 1 lit, Caldwell Eastern Standard corona and Coffee.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 09:00:33 AM
good morning guts. pleasant weather here, good enough to turn,off the a/c and open all the windows. been hot rubbing all morning. cigar # 1 lit, Caldwell Eastern Standard corona and Coffee.
it's the Midnight Express by the way.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 09:13:28 AM
https://www.cigarpage.com/everybody-loves-ramon.html
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 09:21:32 AM
Now I'm giving consideration to what cigar I might smoke on the way home. Perhaps an RP Decade Cameroon?
Like those!  good morning Tony and all!
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 30, 2018, 09:21:58 AM
Now I'm giving consideration to what cigar I might smoke on the way home. Perhaps an RP Decade Cameroon?
Like those!  good morning Tony and all!
Morning Sam.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 09:24:29 AM
Working from home today to receive another delivery for the kitchen.  have an AB Family Blend, coffee & laptop on the deck at the moment.  balmy 80 deg with about 90% humidity.  dialed into the work scene and already dealing with crises.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 09:29:00 AM
We've been dealing with Lowes for the big stuff, and while they have decent products, and good prices,  getting the stuff actually to your door intact seems to be just beyond their reach.  we are on our 3rd stove delivery.  not THIS particular delivery, after the last stove delivery went bust with a damaged appliance, I called the manager and re-raised the roof (not the 1st time on this project) so he agreed to bring me a stove to use while they actually figure out how to get an undamaged one to me.  Wait until they get my bill for all of the dinners we had to order out and the time we have both spent waiting for them to bring damaged appliances to us.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 09:34:15 AM
Now I'm giving consideration to what cigar I might smoke on the way home. Perhaps an RP Decade Cameroon?
Another solid choice. How far is the walk to the bus stop?
Today, I ran it in 15 minutes because I didn't want to be late for a meeting with my colleagues in The Hague. A leisurely stroll takes about 35 minutes. When I smoke, I take a circuitous route and it therefore varies depending on how long it takes for me to finish. On average, it's a 25 minute walk.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 09:35:24 AM
Morning Dave and Tony.  Sorry to hear about the soft and spongy stick.  Hate when that happens.
It happens. Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 09:36:31 AM
good morning guts. pleasant weather here, good enough to turn,off the a/c and open all the windows. been hot rubbing all morning. cigar # 1 lit, Caldwell Eastern Standard corona and Coffee.
Good morning, Dean and Sam.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 09:38:17 AM
Catching up was easy.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 09:42:51 AM
We've been dealing with Lowes for the big stuff, and while they have decent products, and good prices,  getting the stuff actually to your door intact seems to be just beyond their reach.  we are on our 3rd stove delivery.  not THIS particular delivery, after the last stove delivery went bust with a damaged appliance, I called the manager and re-raised the roof (not the 1st time on this project) so he agreed to bring me a stove to use while they actually figure out how to get an undamaged one to me.  Wait until they get my bill for all of the dinners we had to order out and the time we have both spent waiting for them to bring damaged appliances to us.
damn Sam, that all really sucks.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 09:45:07 AM
Catching up was easy.

Members: 399
good thing they don't all post.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 09:53:47 AM
Now I'm giving consideration to what cigar I might smoke on the way home. Perhaps an RP Decade Cameroon?
Another solid choice. How far is the walk to the bus stop?
Today, I ran it in 15 minutes because I didn't want to be late for a meeting with my colleagues in The Hague. A leisurely stroll takes about 35 minutes. When I smoke, I take a circuitous route and it therefore varies depending on how long it takes for me to finish. On average, it's a 25 minute walk.
Gotcha. Helps to have all that eye candy around, I imagine.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 09:55:04 AM
We've been dealing with Lowes for the big stuff, and while they have decent products, and good prices,  getting the stuff actually to your door intact seems to be just beyond their reach.  we are on our 3rd stove delivery.  not THIS particular delivery, after the last stove delivery went bust with a damaged appliance, I called the manager and re-raised the roof (not the 1st time on this project) so he agreed to bring me a stove to use while they actually figure out how to get an undamaged one to me.  Wait until they get my bill for all of the dinners we had to order out and the time we have both spent waiting for them to bring damaged appliances to us.
True customer service is becoming a lost art. A lot of companies these days think customer service means just having people available. They forget about actually having the ability and training to service customers.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 09:58:24 AM
We've been dealing with Lowes for the big stuff, and while they have decent products, and good prices,  getting the stuff actually to your door intact seems to be just beyond their reach.  we are on our 3rd stove delivery.  not THIS particular delivery, after the last stove delivery went bust with a damaged appliance, I called the manager and re-raised the roof (not the 1st time on this project) so he agreed to bring me a stove to use while they actually figure out how to get an undamaged one to me.  Wait until they get my bill for all of the dinners we had to order out and the time we have both spent waiting for them to bring damaged appliances to us.
damn Sam, that all really sucks.
I agree, but I see the real problem as this is the "normal" state of affairs in 2018 USA.  and to sound like the old man that I am, things 20 years ago in the manufacturing/shipping world, while flawed, was still better then they are now.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 09:58:41 AM
Now I'm giving consideration to what cigar I might smoke on the way home. Perhaps an RP Decade Cameroon?
Another solid choice. How far is the walk to the bus stop?
Today, I ran it in 15 minutes because I didn't want to be late for a meeting with my colleagues in The Hague. A leisurely stroll takes about 35 minutes. When I smoke, I take a circuitous route and it therefore varies depending on how long it takes for me to finish. On average, it's a 25 minute walk.
Gotcha. Helps to have all that eye candy around, I imagine.
It sure does. But I probably could have made it here in 10 minutes this morning without all the distractions.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 09:59:51 AM
[...]
Don't get me started.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 10:03:09 AM
[...]
+1  also, I'm in the last group of baby boomers, admittedly one of the largest demographic groups in history in USA, and I'm going to retire in a couple more years (I Hope!) and i'm seeing a shortage of manpower, qualified or not, to fill positions as will be, probably already is, a shortage of labor since we didn't procreate as proficiently as our parents.  couple that with the new atmosphere of bringing manufacturing back to the US and the problem compounds.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 10:03:50 AM
[...]
go ahead, get started!   ;)
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 10:08:55 AM
[...]
Yeah, we're on to page 3 before lunch, the floodgates have opened!
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 10:12:13 AM
[...]
I saw a big change especially in NY when they quit hiring qualified workers and started training in house, unions blocked and not supported, and a very lax work ethic. I sat in an interview with a kid in a tee shirt and pants falling off his hips. I told him to go home and come back when he looked presentable. my engineer chewed my ass out and said I would probably hear from HR. I did and when I claimed it was a safety issue especially when he'd be working for me they dropped it. the kid never came back.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 30, 2018, 10:20:21 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 10:24:29 AM
[...]
I think, as a group, we failed overall to produce a decent round of worker bees.  I'm sure some of us made our kids go out and get a job when they were in their teens, but most parents I were involved with let the kids stay home until they were in their 20's with no expectation of gainful employment.  My kids all had jobs when they were 14, and all 3 of them not only gainfully employed, but hold good and influential jobs now.  what I see is the kids who were given this ethic, will be the leaders and will have to figure out what to do with the ones who are still having trouble tying their shoes by themselves.
while this may sound and actually be troubling in the short term (10-20 years) if we are truly as adaptable as everyone makes us out to be, the newer generation will figure out a way to redirect and change things to fit the new order.  can't help the eternal optimism.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 10:24:44 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Raz!
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 10:35:00 AM
[...]
Agreed on all points.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 10:40:45 AM
[...]
My family is so sick and tired of me bitching and customer service.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 10:42:41 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz. How's your buddy with the stents holding up?
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 30, 2018, 10:47:40 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Raz!
Sam!
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 30, 2018, 10:48:35 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz. How's your buddy with the stents holding up?
He's doing well, thanks. Resting up.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 30, 2018, 10:55:09 AM
Flip's quote of the day:
"He who laughs last, probably rode the short bus!"
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 30, 2018, 10:56:33 AM
Good morning boys, leaving work early today, youngest daughter
has a flight to London tonight, starts her semester abroad, tomorrow.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 11:00:57 AM
Flip's quote of the day:
"He who laughs last, probably rode the short bus!"

yeah, and?
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 30, 2018, 11:03:47 AM
Flip's quote of the day:
"He who laughs last, probably rode the short bus!"

yeah, and?
Relax, driving and riding are two separate things.  but as long as
everyone laughs, it's all cool!  8)
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 11:07:32 AM
Good morning boys, leaving work early today, youngest daughter
has a flight to London tonight, starts her semester abroad, tomorrow.
Good for her! I wish I had done it.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 11:08:29 AM
Flip's quote of the day:
"He who laughs last, probably rode the short bus!"

yeah, and?
ROTFLMAO!!!  caught that.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 11:09:27 AM
Good morning boys, leaving work early today, youngest daughter
has a flight to London tonight, starts her semester abroad, tomorrow.
Good for her! I wish I had done it.
Bah, I dated a broad and she was nothing but trouble.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 11:10:12 AM
Really, though, good for her!
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 11:13:39 AM
Good morning boys, leaving work early today, youngest daughter
has a flight to London tonight, starts her semester abroad, tomorrow.
Good for her! I wish I had done it.
Bah, I dated a broad and she was nothing but trouble.
So you're saying she was a woman?
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 11:13:58 AM
Flip's quote of the day:
"He who laughs last, probably rode the short bus!"

yeah, and?
Relax, driving and riding are two separate things.  but as long as
everyone laughs, it's all cool!  8)

......but I was the nut behind the wheel!
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 11:19:05 AM
Good morning boys, leaving work early today, youngest daughter
has a flight to London tonight, starts her semester abroad, tomorrow.
Good for her! I wish I had done it.
Bah, I dated a broad and she was nothing but trouble.
They all are.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 11:20:19 AM
Good morning boys, leaving work early today, youngest daughter
has a flight to London tonight, starts her semester abroad, tomorrow.
Good for her! I wish I had done it.
Bah, I dated a broad and she was nothing but trouble.
So you're saying she was a woman?
You beat me to it. Luckily we don't have any SotL on here.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 11:50:51 AM
Good morning boys, leaving work early today, youngest daughter
has a flight to London tonight, starts her semester abroad, tomorrow.
Good for her! I wish I had done it.
Bah, I dated a broad and she was nothing but trouble.
So you're saying she was a woman?
I think so, fortunately, we never got that far.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 11:52:01 AM
Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 30, 2018, 11:54:39 AM
Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!
Gah...my #2 son loves those jalapeño potato chips but I think they're awful. And I love jalapeños. Go figure.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 12:00:01 PM
Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!

that sounds good.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 12:32:33 PM
Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!

that sounds good.
It sure does. Even the jalapeño chips. Time for me to go find some grub too.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 12:35:29 PM
Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!

that sounds good.
It sure does. Even the jalapeño chips. Time for me to go find some grub too.
I had pbj. building sauce with hot Italian sausage.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 01:07:33 PM

Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!

that sounds good.
It sure does. Even the jalapeño chips. Time for me to go find some grub too.
I had pbj. building sauce with hot Italian sausage.

If I didn't know better, I'd be repulsed by that statement.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 01:08:48 PM

Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!

that sounds good.
It sure does. Even the jalapeño chips. Time for me to go find some grub too.
I had pbj. building sauce with hot Italian sausage.

If I didn't know better, I'd be repulsed by that statement.
why, what's wrong with pasta, sauce, and sausage?
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 01:22:51 PM

Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!

that sounds good.
It sure does. Even the jalapeño chips. Time for me to go find some grub too.
I had pbj. building sauce with hot Italian sausage.

If I didn't know better, I'd be repulsed by that statement.
LALTS
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 01:26:36 PM

Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!

that sounds good.
It sure does. Even the jalapeño chips. Time for me to go find some grub too.
I had pbj. building sauce with hot Italian sausage.

If I didn't know better, I'd be repulsed by that statement.
why, what's wrong with pasta, sauce, and sausage?
Let's just say that when I build sauce with my hot Italian sausage, I'm not the one who does the ingesting.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 01:34:46 PM

Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!

that sounds good.
It sure does. Even the jalapeño chips. Time for me to go find some grub too.
I had pbj. building sauce with hot Italian sausage.

If I didn't know better, I'd be repulsed by that statement.
why, what's wrong with pasta, sauce, and sausage?
Let's just say that when I build sauce with my hot Italian sausage, I'm not the one who does the ingesting.

I have company coming for dinner.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 01:40:17 PM

Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!

that sounds good.
It sure does. Even the jalapeño chips. Time for me to go find some grub too.
I had pbj. building sauce with hot Italian sausage.

If I didn't know better, I'd be repulsed by that statement.
why, what's wrong with pasta, sauce, and sausage?
Let's just say that when I build sauce with my hot Italian sausage, I'm not the one who does the ingesting.

I have company coming for dinner.
Give it up, Tony, this one has passed him by.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 30, 2018, 02:02:18 PM
Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!
Egg salad on multi-grain with mustard, sliced tomato, julienne carrots, and of course, bacon.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 30, 2018, 02:05:11 PM

Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!

that sounds good.
It sure does. Even the jalapeño chips. Time for me to go find some grub too.
I had pbj. building sauce with hot Italian sausage.

If I didn't know better, I'd be repulsed by that statement.
why, what's wrong with pasta, sauce, and sausage?
Let's just say that when I build sauce with my hot Italian sausage, I'm not the one who does the ingesting.

I have company coming for dinner.
Give it up, Tony, this one has passed him by.
I wish it had passed me by, too.   :P
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 02:06:16 PM
Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!
Egg salad on multi-grain with mustard, sliced tomato, julienne carrots, and of course, bacon.
That's some combo.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 02:07:32 PM

Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!

that sounds good.
It sure does. Even the jalapeño chips. Time for me to go find some grub too.
I had pbj. building sauce with hot Italian sausage.

If I didn't know better, I'd be repulsed by that statement.
why, what's wrong with pasta, sauce, and sausage?
Let's just say that when I build sauce with my hot Italian sausage, I'm not the one who does the ingesting.

I have company cumming for dinner.
Give it up, Tony, this one has passed him by.

Look again. I don't think this passed him at all.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 02:15:28 PM

Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!

that sounds good.
It sure does. Even the jalapeño chips. Time for me to go find some grub too.
I had pbj. building sauce with hot Italian sausage.

If I didn't know better, I'd be repulsed by that statement.
why, what's wrong with pasta, sauce, and sausage?
Let's just say that when I build sauce with my hot Italian sausage, I'm not the one who does the ingesting.

I have company cumming for dinner.
Give it up, Tony, this one has passed him by.

Look again. I don't think this passed him at all.
#fakenews
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 02:16:27 PM
@LTG: Any OT this week?
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 02:23:05 PM
@LTG: Any OT this week?
Oh my, yes. Super busy at work right now, and the OT is unlimited. Working a bit when I get home, then some more on Saturday after I hopefully hit the links, pending the weather report.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 02:24:52 PM
@LTG: Any OT this week?
Oh my, yes. Super busy at work right now, and the OT is unlimited. Working a bit when I get home, then some more on Saturday after I hopefully hit the links, pending the weather report.
Won't have any next week, though, with the holiday. I'll miss the extra $, but it's nice to have a week where I don't have to work more than my normal shift.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 30, 2018, 02:25:17 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 30, 2018, 02:26:48 PM

Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!

that sounds good.
It sure does. Even the jalapeño chips. Time for me to go find some grub too.
I had pbj. building sauce with hot Italian sausage.

If I didn't know better, I'd be repulsed by that statement.
why, what's wrong with pasta, sauce, and sausage?
Let's just say that when I build sauce with my hot Italian sausage, I'm not the one who does the ingesting.
So...who does?
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 02:29:14 PM
just changed my health insurance plan. had to call the company, my agent has been dragging her feet.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 02:31:20 PM

Hmm, Ham & cheese samwich on a pretzel roll with ice tea and jalapeno flavored potato chips!

that sounds good.
It sure does. Even the jalapeño chips. Time for me to go find some grub too.
I had pbj. building sauce with hot Italian sausage.

If I didn't know better, I'd be repulsed by that statement.
why, what's wrong with pasta, sauce, and sausage?
Let's just say that when I build sauce with my hot Italian sausage, I'm not the one who does the ingesting.
So...who does?
Sewer alligators?
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 30, 2018, 03:12:21 PM
Got the little boat out this morning and went cruising with the warden, very nice excursion.  Water was calm enough to go offshore a ways where we found huge schools of dolphins surfacing.  On the return we stopped and checked out the Georgetown Lighthouse and got in the water and cooled off a bit there.

Bottom photo is the 3 mile sea buoy where we saw all the dolphins.

Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 30, 2018, 03:17:11 PM
And for the Mayor we passed a shrimp boat and a tugboat together
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 03:18:39 PM
Got the little boat out this morning and went cruising with the warden, very nice excursion.  Water was calm enough to go offshore a ways where we found huge schools of dolphins surfacing.  On the return we stopped and checked out the Georgetown Lighthouse and got in the water and cooled off a bit there.

Bottom photo is the 3 mile sea buoy where we saw all the dolphins.
nice day Dave.
looks like the lighthouse is abandoned and in need of attention.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 03:19:28 PM
And for the Mayor we passed a shrimp boat and a tugboat together
tow job?
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 30, 2018, 03:23:41 PM
Got the little boat out this morning and went cruising with the warden, very nice excursion.  Water was calm enough to go offshore a ways where we found huge schools of dolphins surfacing.  On the return we stopped and checked out the Georgetown Lighthouse and got in the water and cooled off a bit there.

Bottom photo is the 3 mile sea buoy where we saw all the dolphins.
nice day Dave.
looks like the lighthouse is abandoned and in need of attention.
It was built in 1812 so rather old, automated about 20 years ago so no longer manned but it still operates .
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 30, 2018, 03:24:30 PM
And for the Mayor we passed a shrimp boat and a tugboat together
tow job?
Not sure what they were doing, probably buying some shrimp for dinner.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 30, 2018, 03:28:20 PM
Lunch at Hog Heaven on the way home.  Pulled pork, fried chicken, Mac & cheese, green beans and baked beans.  Mighty damn good!

Picked up some fresh off the boat shrimp to make some shrimp pasta tomorrow.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 03:28:23 PM
And for the Mayor we passed a shrimp boat and a tugboat together
tow job?
Not sure what they were doing, probably buying some shrimp for dinner.
gives drive-in a whole new meaning.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 30, 2018, 03:29:10 PM
San Cristobal Revelation fired up now.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 03:29:47 PM
Lunch at Hog Heaven on the way home.  Pulled pork, fried chicken, Mac & cheese, green beans and baked beans.  Mighty damn good!

Picked up some fresh off the boat shrimp to make some shrimp pasta tomorrow.

dinner for Saturday:

Brenda Joy's Southern~Supper

Full rack of baby back ribs, 1/2 lb. of slow smoked pulled pork, 1/2 lb. of beef brisket, and one whole chicken. Served with BBQ beans, homemade slaw, southern green beans, French fries, and six pieces of garlic toast. $65.00

https://www.hardwoodsmokehouse.com/mobile/#home/index
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 30, 2018, 03:34:37 PM
Lunch at Hog Heaven on the way home.  Pulled pork, fried chicken, Mac & cheese, green beans and baked beans.  Mighty damn good!

Picked up some fresh off the boat shrimp to make some shrimp pasta tomorrow.

dinner for Saturday:

Brenda Joy's Southern~Supper

Full rack of baby back ribs, 1/2 lb. of slow smoked pulled pork, 1/2 lb. of beef brisket, and one whole chicken. Served with BBQ beans, homemade slaw, southern green beans, French fries, and six pieces of garlic toast. $65.00

https://www.hardwoodsmokehouse.com/mobile/#home/index
Mine today was all you can eat for $8.00 including tea.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 30, 2018, 03:38:53 PM
Lunch at Hog Heaven on the way home.  Pulled pork, fried chicken, Mac & cheese, green beans and baked beans.  Mighty damn good!

Picked up some fresh off the boat shrimp to make some shrimp pasta tomorrow.

dinner for Saturday:

Brenda Joy's Southern~Supper

Full rack of baby back ribs, 1/2 lb. of slow smoked pulled pork, 1/2 lb. of beef brisket, and one whole chicken. Served with BBQ beans, homemade slaw, southern green beans, French fries, and six pieces of garlic toast. $65.00

https://www.hardwoodsmokehouse.com/mobile/#home/index
Mine today was all you can eat for $8.00 including tea.
no shit? I'm going up there and eat.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 30, 2018, 03:41:10 PM
Lunch at Hog Heaven on the way home.  Pulled pork, fried chicken, Mac & cheese, green beans and baked beans.  Mighty damn good!

Picked up some fresh off the boat shrimp to make some shrimp pasta tomorrow.

dinner for Saturday:

Brenda Joy's Southern~Supper

Full rack of baby back ribs, 1/2 lb. of slow smoked pulled pork, 1/2 lb. of beef brisket, and one whole chicken. Served with BBQ beans, homemade slaw, southern green beans, French fries, and six pieces of garlic toast. $65.00

https://www.hardwoodsmokehouse.com/mobile/#home/index
Mine today was all you can eat for $8.00 including tea.
no shit? I'm going up there and eat.
And it’s damn good too.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 04:16:21 PM
And for the Mayor we passed a shrimp boat and a tugboat together
Very cool. Loving all the pics.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 04:41:38 PM
Hey Dave.  Sounds like a nice trip!  The food makes me hungry and I already know I'm having fried chicken from Walmart...Walmart fried chicken?  I  can't wait!
Actually I can't wait until I can do what you're doing.  3 maybe 4 more years.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 04:44:44 PM
So they delivered the stand in stove, I took about 1-1/2 hrs converting it from natural gas to LP gas.  then about an hr after that, the Lowes truck comes backing back in and the same guys get out saying they'd dropped off the wrong stove.  I really wish I were imaginative enough to make this s**t up.  needless to say I disappointed them by telling them it was already hooked up.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 30, 2018, 04:48:15 PM
So they delivered the stand in stove, I took about 1-1/2 hrs converting it from natural gas to LP gas.  then about an hr after that, the Lowes truck comes backing back in and the same guys get out saying they'd dropped off the wrong stove.  I really wish I were imaginative enough to make this s**t up.  needless to say I disappointed them by telling them it was already hooked up.
Wow, now that is enough to piss you off!
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 04:48:38 PM
MB3 robusto on the deck with a glass of carbonated water.  humid, but not oppressive.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 30, 2018, 04:49:05 PM
Hey Dave.  Sounds like a nice trip!  The food makes me hungry and I already know I'm having fried chicken from Walmart...Walmart fried chicken?  I  can't wait!
Actually I can't wait until I can do what you're doing.  3 maybe 4 more years.
Walmart fried chicken, 🤔
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 04:50:51 PM
So they delivered the stand in stove, I took about 1-1/2 hrs converting it from natural gas to LP gas.  then about an hr after that, the Lowes truck comes backing back in and the same guys get out saying they'd dropped off the wrong stove.  I really wish I were imaginative enough to make this s**t up.  needless to say I disappointed them by telling them it was already hooked up.
Wow, now that is enough to piss you off!
Actually, after all of the nonsense they have already put us through, this was funny!  the stove's a loaner anyway since they can't seem to get the one we ordered undamaged to us.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 04:51:23 PM
MB3 robusto on the deck with a glass of carbonated water.  humid, but not oppressive.
Decided on an AJF Bellas Artes maduro and some seltzer for the walk home.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 04:51:52 PM
Hey Dave.  Sounds like a nice trip!  The food makes me hungry and I already know I'm having fried chicken from Walmart...Walmart fried chicken?  I  can't wait!
Actually I can't wait until I can do what you're doing.  3 maybe 4 more years.
Walmart fried chicken, 🤔
Yeah, right...  My sister's idea.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 30, 2018, 04:54:04 PM
MB3 robusto on the deck with a glass of carbonated water.  humid, but not oppressive.
Decided on an AJF Bellas Artes maduro and some seltzer for the walk home.
Nice Tony! Sounds good!  I bought one of those Soda Stream carbonators and find I drink a lot more water now that I use it.  the seltzer seems to quench better, and it's not as bland as plain water.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 30, 2018, 04:57:56 PM
And for the Mayor we passed a shrimp boat and a tugboat together
A tug or two a week keeps the Mayor balanced.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 30, 2018, 04:58:32 PM
In the man cave with a Chief Cool Arrow.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 30, 2018, 05:02:59 PM
MB3 robusto on the deck with a glass of carbonated water.  humid, but not oppressive.
Decided on an AJF Bellas Artes maduro and some seltzer for the walk home.
I have not smoked an MB3 in ages, might dig one up this week.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 30, 2018, 05:03:20 PM
In the man cave with a Chief Cool Arrow.
Fine cigar
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 30, 2018, 05:03:42 PM
And for the Mayor we passed a shrimp boat and a tugboat together
A tug or two a week keeps the Mayor balanced.
TugboatTony
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 05:12:08 PM
MB3 robusto on the deck with a glass of carbonated water.  humid, but not oppressive.
Decided on an AJF Bellas Artes maduro and some seltzer for the walk home.
Nice Tony! Sounds good!  I bought one of those Soda Stream carbonators and find I drink a lot more water now that I use it.  the seltzer seems to quench better, and it's not as bland as plain water.
I drink plenty of plain water all day long and actually prefer it. But I do enjoy a citrus  flavored seltzer with my cigar.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 05:13:27 PM
Have a nice evening, fellas. I'll check back in from the streets, in a bit.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 30, 2018, 05:15:53 PM
MB3 robusto on the deck with a glass of carbonated water.  humid, but not oppressive.
Decided on an AJF Bellas Artes maduro and some seltzer for the walk home.
Nice Tony! Sounds good!  I bought one of those Soda Stream carbonators and find I drink a lot more water now that I use it.  the seltzer seems to quench better, and it's not as bland as plain water.
I had one for a while, too, and enjoyed it.  I did a work around for the CO2 supply, though.  The retailers were getting ridiculous fees for replacement bottles.  That worked well until the carbonator itself went tits up.  Cheap design.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 05:48:19 PM
MB3 robusto on the deck with a glass of carbonated water.  humid, but not oppressive.
Decided on an AJF Bellas Artes maduro and some seltzer for the walk home.
If I didn't know better, I'd say this was Don Pepin Garcia stick. Lots of black pepper notes. Great cigar. Enjoy the maduro better than the original.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180830/a695a325a7eff07e459f3b8731bad721.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 30, 2018, 06:39:21 PM
MB3 robusto on the deck with a glass of carbonated water.  humid, but not oppressive.
Decided on an AJF Bellas Artes maduro and some seltzer for the walk home.
If I didn't know better, I'd say this was Don Pepin Garcia stick. Lots of black pepper notes. Great cigar. Enjoy the maduro better than the original.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180830/a695a325a7eff07e459f3b8731bad721.jpg)
Edit: Mostly notes of espresso. Very nice cigar.
Title: Re: 8/30/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 30, 2018, 10:16:38 PM
Just got home from work. Now to hook up the travel trailer and haul the family over to the sunny side of the mountains. Picking out cigars for the weekend.