CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 09, 2018, 12:00:16 AM

Title: 8/9/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on August 09, 2018, 12:00:16 AM
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2018, 04:51:53 AM
AUGUST 9, 2018 | NATIONAL BOOK LOVERS DAY | NATIONAL RICE PUDDING DAY
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 06:41:48 AM
SCDave must have bought out the limited supply of Foundry Wormhole at the Sis this morning.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 06:55:19 AM
Today is Thursday, Aug. 9, the 221st day of 2018.
Today’s Highlight in History:
On August 9, 1974, Vice President Gerald R. Ford became the nation’s 38th chief executive as President Richard Nixon’s resignation took effect.

On this date:
In 1854, Henry David Thoreau’s “Walden,” which described Thoreau’s experiences while living near Walden Pond in Massachusetts, was first published.
In 1902, Edward VII was crowned king of Britain following the death of his mother, Queen Victoria.
In 1936, Jesse Owens won his fourth gold medal at the Berlin Olympics as the United States took first place in the 400-meter relay.
In 1944, 258 African-American sailors based at Port Chicago, California, refused to load a munitions ship following a cargo vessel explosion that killed 320 men, many of them black. (Fifty of the sailors were convicted of mutiny, fined and imprisoned.)
In 1945, three days after the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, Japan, a U.S. B-29 Superfortress code-named Bockscar dropped a nuclear device (”Fat Man”) over Nagasaki, killing an estimated 74,000 people.
In 1969, actress Sharon Tate and four other people were found brutally slain at Tate’s Los Angeles home; cult leader Charles Manson and a group of his followers were later convicted of the crime.
In 1982, a federal judge in Washington ordered John W. Hinckley Jr., who’d been acquitted of shooting President Ronald Reagan and three others by reason of insanity, committed to a mental hospital.
In 1992, closing ceremonies were held for the Barcelona Summer Olympics, with the Unified Team of former Soviet republics winning 112 medals, the United States 108.
In 1995, Jerry Garcia, lead singer of the Grateful Dead, died in Forest Knolls, California, of a heart attack at age 53.
In 1997, Haitian immigrant Abner Louima was brutalized in a Brooklyn, New York, stationhouse by Officer Justin Volpe, who raped him with a broken broomstick. (Volpe was later sentenced to 30 years in prison.) An Amtrak train with more than 300 people aboard derailed on a bridge near Kingman, Arizona; 183 people were injured.
In 2004, Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Terry Nichols, addressing a court for the first time, asked victims of the blast for forgiveness as a judge sentenced him to 161 consecutive life sentences.
In 2014, Michael Brown Jr., an unarmed 18-year-old black man, was shot to death by a police officer following an altercation in Ferguson, Missouri; Brown’s death led to sometimes-violent protests in Ferguson and other U.S. cities.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 06:57:31 AM
Ten years ago: Todd Bachman, the father of 2004 volleyball Olympian Elisabeth "Wiz" Bachman, was stabbed to death by a Chinese man in Beijing in an apparently random attack just hours after the start of the Olympic Games. (The assailant took his own life.) Mariel Zagunis led a U.S. sweep of the women's saber fencing for the first American medals of the Games. Comedian Bernie Mac died in Chicago at age 50.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama promised to work with Congress on "appropriate reforms" for the domestic surveillance programs that stirred criticism at home and abroad. President Obama signed into law a measure restoring lower interest rates for student loans. Infamous drug lord Rafael Caro Quintero walked free after 28 years in prison when a Mexican court overturned his 40-year sentence for the 1985 kidnap and killing of U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency agent Enrique Camarena.

One year ago: North Korea's army said it was studying a plan to create an "enveloping fire" in areas around the U.S. territory of Guam with medium- to long-range ballistic missiles. Prosecutors in Florida said golfer Tiger Woods had agreed to plead guilty to reckless driving and would enter a diversion program that would allow him to have his record wiped clean; he'd been charged with DUI in May when he was found asleep in his car, apparently under the influence of a prescription painkiller and sleeping medication.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 07:00:38 AM
Today's Birthdays:
Basketball Hall of Famer Bob Cousy is 90.
Actress Cynthia Harris is 84.
Tennis Hall of Famer Rod Laver is 80.
Jazz musician Jack DeJohnette is 76.
Comedian-director David Steinberg is 76.
Actor Sam Elliott is 74.
Singer Barbara Mason is 71.
Former MLB All-Star pitcher Bill Campbell is 70.
College Football Hall of Famer and former NFL player John Cappelletti is 66.
College Football Hall of Famer and former NFL player Doug Williams is 63.
Actress Melanie Griffith is 61.
Actress Amanda Bearse is 60.
Rapper Kurtis Blow is 59.
Hockey Hall of Famer Brett Hull is 54.
TV host Hoda Kotb (HOH'-duh KAHT'-bee) is 54.
Actor Pat Petersen is 52.
Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders is 51.
Actress Gillian Anderson is 50.
Actor Eric Bana is 50.
Producer-director McG (aka Joseph McGinty Nichol) is 50.
NHL player-turned-assistant coach Rod Brind'Amour is 48.
TV anchor Chris Cuomo is 48.
Actor Thomas Lennon is 48.
Rock musician Arion Salazar is 48.
Rapper Mack 10 is 47.
Actress Nikki Schieler Ziering is 47.
Latin rock singer Juanes is 46.
Actress Liz Vassey is 46.
Actor Kevin McKidd is 45.
Actress Rhona Mitra (ROH'-nuh MEE'-truh) is 43.
Actor Texas Battle is 42.
Actress Jessica Capshaw is 42.
Actress Ashley Johnson is 35.
Actress Anna Kendrick is 33.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 07:01:03 AM
Thought for Today: "The truth is lived, not taught." — Hermann Hesse, German-born Swiss poet and author (born 1877, died this date in 1962).
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 07:02:46 AM
Don't know if we'll hear much from Mr. Bean today, probably out celebrating birthday with Curtis Blow.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 09, 2018, 07:06:08 AM
Don't know if we'll hear much from Mr. Bean today, probably out celebrating birthday with Curtis Blow.
That's Kurtis Blow to you.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2018, 07:30:50 AM
SCDave must have bought out the limited supply of Foundry Wormhole at the Sis this morning.
Could have as they were still available when I looked about 4:45  but no interest here.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 07:33:05 AM
Don't know if we'll hear much from Mr. Bean today, probably out celebrating birthday with Curtis Blow.
That's Kurtis Blow to you.
Yea, that too.  Should I go back and change it like Tony does?
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 09, 2018, 07:46:10 AM
Don't know if we'll hear much from Mr. Bean today, probably out celebrating birthday with Curtis Blow.
That's Kurtis Blow to you.
Yea, that too.  Should I go back and change it like Tony does?
No question.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 08:16:13 AM
good morning everybody. is it Monday yet?
cigar and coffee as I wait for the cable guy or gal.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 08:22:31 AM
Basketball Hall of Famer Bob Cousy is 90.
there's a name I know. right up there with Pistol Pete Maravich, Dave Bing,  and Jim Boeheim, born in Lyons, New York. He graduated from Lyons Central High School.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 08:36:27 AM
Morning Mr. Dean.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 08:46:12 AM
WTF.

Male student molested by female teacher awarded $2.1M.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/09/male-student-molested-by-female-teacher-awarded-2-1m.amp.html
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 08:46:49 AM
Good to have Brett Favre stop by and visit the Tigers...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24324724/brett-favre-surprises-clemson-tigers-spends-day-team
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 08:49:10 AM
WTF.

Male student molested by female teacher awarded $2.1M.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/09/male-student-molested-by-female-teacher-awarded-2-1m.amp.html
See Dean, you can get some and be given money as well!
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 09, 2018, 08:50:53 AM
WTF.

Male student molested by female teacher awarded $2.1M.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/09/male-student-molested-by-female-teacher-awarded-2-1m.amp.html
Yeah, I'm sure he suffered serious emotional damage from nailing his teacher repeatedly for 8 months.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 09, 2018, 08:51:26 AM
WTF.

Male student molested by female teacher awarded $2.1M.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/09/male-student-molested-by-female-teacher-awarded-2-1m.amp.html
Yeah, I'm sure he suffered serious emotional damage from nailing his teacher repeatedly for 8 months.
In case you were curious what she looks like...

https://media.sandiegoreader.com/img/photos/2016/05/19/Toni_Sutton_t670.jpg?b3f6a5d7692ccc373d56e40cf708e3fa67d9af9d
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 08:57:59 AM
WTF.

Male student molested by female teacher awarded $2.1M.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/09/male-student-molested-by-female-teacher-awarded-2-1m.amp.html
Yeah, I'm sure he suffered serious emotional damage from nailing his teacher repeatedly for 8 months.
In case you were curious what she looks like...

https://media.sandiegoreader.com/img/photos/2016/05/19/Toni_Sutton_t670.jpg?b3f6a5d7692ccc373d56e40cf708e3fa67d9af9d
I've had worse.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 09:05:27 AM

Storytelling: Summer in the '60s: when kids grew up simply on their own.

In the 1960s, you got up early because it was too hot to sleep in.

Your breakfast was sugared cereal along with orange juice, with sugar added by both the manufacturer and by you.

You ran outside quickly, hoping to avoid the phrase, "If you don't have anything to do, I'll give you something to do!"

You met your friends at a designated spot: on the corner, by the mailbox, in the woods, etc.

If you were on the swim team you walked to the pool in the pre-dawn, sizzling heat and dove into the freezing cold water whether you wanted to or not.

The coaches were not interested in your comfort or self-esteem. A near-drowning might get you a three-minute reprieve. Your parents were not there -- enough said.

If your mom needed groceries for dinner you walked to the store, hoping not to lose the money she had given you (all change) as you cut through the woods, climbed a tree or played "chicken" -- running across the street with your eyes closed. If there was a dime left you could buy yourself a "cold pop," but that was not the usual scenario.

There was a "lunchtime" every day at noon when you would sit down at the kitchen table with your siblings and eat a sandwich made with Wonder Bread, lunch meat, mayonnaise and drink a glass of whole milk. If you missed it, you didn't eat again until dinner time.

You played military games the rest of the day in the woods -- boys and girls. Your fathers were all veterans, and it was the activity of choice. You brought your own toy gun or rifle, and if you didn't have one you used a stick -- or hit the littlest kid and took his.

If you were a girl, and it was suggested that you be a nurse, you'd shoot the boy who suggested it.

No one was sent out to play with BPA-free water bottles, and no one's mom provided Gatorade to replenish our electrolytes. (Not knowing you even had electrolytes was a plus.) We'd sneak into someone's backyard and drink from a garden hose, or we'd all drink from the tin canteen some lucky kid had gotten for Christmas and refilled with creek water.

If anyone was bleeding profusely, the kid was taken care of by the designated army nurse (the girl who didn't have the guts to shoot the kid who assigned her). She would take the dirty shirt off another kid, wipe the blood away and throw the shirt in the creek. If you cried, you faced the firing squad. No exceptions.

Dinner was a mandatory exercise in precision and self-control. It was served at the exact same time each day -- 10 minutes after your father walked in the door. You washed your face and hands, said grace and spent the rest of the meal trying not to get yourself, or one of your siblings, into trouble by relating too much about your day.

No parent ever asked about our feelings, or our dreams, or about whether or not we had excelled at anything that particular day. Apparently they just looked at our sunburned faces, toned little bodies and ravenous appetites and assumed that they were parenting perfectly -- and quite effortlessly, I might add.

The evenings were spent back in the neighborhood, playing Ollie-Ollie-In-Free, four square or kickball, or riding bikes with no helmets and drinking some more from a neighbor's lead-laden garden hose.

Knock-down fights about almost anything would occur spontaneously, to which not one parent would pay any attention.

When the streetlights came on, everyone went home -- immediately. Some time would be then spent on the porch or patio with your parents -- both of them. (Apparently none of them had classes or meetings back then.)

It was too hot to be inside, so the whole neighborhood would be outside yelling from yard to yard. If you were lucky your mom might appear with a Popsicle to cool you off.

Then it was off to bed with the curtains pulled over dressers or doors, begging for a breeze or two. There were sweet dreams of days in the sun, no school and hand-picked friends.

It doesn't get much better than that.

Those summer days were more instructional than any a kid of today might experience.

We learned how to take care of ourselves, our siblings and our friends. We learned how to stay out of trouble by simply not divulging too much information. We learned that you can, and should, be happy with a Popsicle.

Most of all, we learned that life is good if you keep it simple and pick good friends.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 09:24:34 AM
WTF.

Male student molested by female teacher awarded $2.1M.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/09/male-student-molested-by-female-teacher-awarded-2-1m.amp.html
Yeah, I'm sure he suffered serious emotional damage from nailing his teacher repeatedly for 8 months.
In case you were curious what she looks like...

https://media.sandiegoreader.com/img/photos/2016/05/19/Toni_Sutton_t670.jpg?b3f6a5d7692ccc373d56e40cf708e3fa67d9af9d
I've had worse.
   :-X   :P   :-X
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 09:29:35 AM

[...]

I remember well, but those days are gone for good.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 09:31:22 AM
Saw you enjoyed an Ave Maria Divinia last night Dean.  Pretty snazzy!
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 09:31:54 AM
And Flip just talked about what he has in his humi.   ::)
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 09:37:34 AM
Just three weeks to College Football!   ;D

Thursday, August 30
UC Davis
at
San Jose State

Central Connecticut
at
Ball State  7:00 PM ESPN

Kennesaw State
at
Georgia State  7:00 PM ESPN

UCF
at
UConn  7:00 PM ESPNU

New Mexico State
at
Minnesota  7:00 PM

Northwestern
at
Purdue  8:00 PM ESPN

Wake Forest
at
Tulane  8:00 PM CBSSN

Savannah State
at
UAB  8:00 PM ESPN

Missouri State
at
Oklahoma State  8:00 PM

Weber State
at
Utah  8:00 PM

Southeastern Louisiana
at
UL Monroe  8:00 PM ESPN

Northwestern State
at
Texas A&M  8:30 PM SECN

Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 09:41:52 AM
[...]

Also games on Friday,
Most games on Saturday September 1
Miami plays LSU on Sunday September 2
Virginia Tech and Florida State on Monday September 3
....then three days to recover! (no Thursday game this week)
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 09:51:54 AM
Decent prices on AJF New World cigars at the Page today.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 09:55:00 AM
Saw you enjoyed an Ave Maria Divinia last night Dean.  Pretty snazzy!
got 5 in an AJ sampler, pretty tasty compared to EPC 2nds.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 09:57:11 AM
[...]

if the cable guy or gal ever gets here I'll know what channels I get. definately need golf and Indy car racing.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 10:09:54 AM
Saw you enjoyed an Ave Maria Divinia last night Dean.  Pretty snazzy!
got 5 in an AJ sampler, pretty tasty compared to EPC 2nds.
Well, yea!   ;)
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 10:11:30 AM
[...]

If it's a cable gal, I'm sure you'll trade your package for hers and end up with all the channels.   ;)
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 10:12:11 AM
Wasn't sure we'd make it to page 3 by noon today... :-\
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 09, 2018, 10:13:00 AM
Saw you enjoyed an Ave Maria Divinia last night Dean.  Pretty snazzy!
got 5 in an AJ sampler, pretty tasty compared to EPC 2nds.
I'd certainly hope so!
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 10:21:28 AM
[...]

the sales rep that stopped yesterday was a lovely blue eyed dirty blond, young thing.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 10:22:45 AM
Wasn't sure we'd make it to page 3 by noon today... :-\
? I'm still on page #1.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2018, 10:23:22 AM
Pretty nice offer here for La Imperiosa Corona Gordas

https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/la-imperiosa-corona-gorda.html
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 09, 2018, 10:26:21 AM

[...]

Indeed.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 10:28:46 AM
[...]

So you mean in her 50's?
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 09, 2018, 10:28:48 AM
Morning Daves and Dean.  Late check in for me, and looks like I'll have to restart this fk'n puter.  Thanks, Bill Gates!
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 10:35:05 AM
[...]

30's
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 10:36:29 AM
Morning Daves and Dean.  Late check in for me, and looks like I'll have to restart this fk'n puter.  Thanks, Bill Gates!
what's so hard about pushing a power button? you definately have a difficult job.
morning Mark.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 09, 2018, 10:38:07 AM
Morning Daves and Dean.  Late check in for me, and looks like I'll have to restart this fk'n puter.  Thanks, Bill Gates!
what's so hard about pushing a power button? you definately have a difficult job.
morning Mark.
It's shutting down all the programs (11), restarting, logging in, and waiting, waiting, waiting, then restarting each of the programs and opening the files. So yeah, it's a giant PITA.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 09, 2018, 10:38:35 AM
AUGUST 9, 2018 | NATIONAL BOOK LOVERS DAY | NATIONAL RICE PUDDING DAY
I can get behind both of those.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 09, 2018, 10:38:50 AM
Good morning, fellas.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 10:47:06 AM
Let’s take a little stroll down Memory Lane.

My friend tells me how his mom’s doctor advised her to smoke and have a glass of wine to relax during pregnancy. (Can you say “malpractice”?) These days, pregnant moms are practically accused of child abuse if they’re sniffing second-hand smoke as they walk through a restaurant’s outdoor patio.

How About That Yummy ’60s Food?
As children of the ‘60s, we consumed Sugar Pops, Sugar Smacks or Sugar Crisps for breakfast (notice a pattern?), ate a can of Chef-Boyardee for lunch and scarfed a frozen Swanson dinner full of classic Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes while we parked ourselves in front of the TV. Where the hell was our food pyramid, and how did we not develop scurvy or rickets during our fresh-fruit-free childhood?

How about those wonderful, packed-with-love, egg salad sandwiches our moms sent us to school with . . . in brown paper bags? No frozen, football-shaped ice-packs to keep the salmonella and E. coli at bay. No, it was a wing and a prayer that kept us one step ahead of a bout with food poisoning.

Safety Is for Wimps
As kids, we often sat in the front of the car (on the bench seat between our parents), with no airbags to cushion us if dad stopped short to avoid a squirrel, sending us careening into the dashboard or, worse, through the front windshield. Sometimes we sat in the back seat, bouncing around unrestrained and often engaged in free-for-all fights with siblings. Cars did have lap belts, but they were usually buried in the crevice of the back seat along with loose change and stray Cracker Jack peanuts. Ah, good times.

When we rode our banana-seat bikes, we went barefoot with no helmet, sometimes with a friend balancing on the handlebars. Helmets were for dorks! Who cares if we occasionally lost a toe in the spokes or cracked our skull against the curb? As long as we were out of the house, our parents were thrilled!

Thanks to the lack of cabinet locks, child-proof caps and other baby-proofing wonders, we had 24/7 access to everything in our parents’ lead-painted cabinets, from Drano and oven cleaner to medicine and bleach. Eventually, in the ’70s, we got to add those fun “Mr. Yuk” poison control stickers to our family toxins. But still.

It’s Playtime, ’70s-Style!
When we played, it was usually outside, which was a good thing compared to today’s screen-addicted kids. But we disappeared for hours without telling our parents, who didn’t seem to care (or notice) that we were missing and incommunicado for half a day. We could have been walking along railroad tracks, playing with M-80s, meeting up with Ted Bundy, or crossing a state border, but our parents couldn’t track us down with a GPS-enabled cell phone. They just assumed we’d be home “by dark” or “when the street lights came on.”

“Go play at the park,” our moms would croon to us when we cried, “We’re bored!” In other words, why don’t we just dash to the hot, metal death trap down the road? We could play on those rusty playgrounds that required a Tetanus-booster after a trip down the jagged-edged slide. If we’re especially lucky on a hot, summer day, we’d come home with a nice memento (a.k.a. first-degree burn) on our legs when slide temps would top out at 140+ degrees. Not ready for a good, ol’ fashioned scalding? How about a nice contusion if we got clunked on the head with wooden swing seats the size of breadboards? Or let’s go for a 1960s-style abrasion from a skid across the hot asphalt after we got propelled from the whirling, madcap merry-go-round? Or, just for kicks, how about a trip to the ER after the whole swing set tipped over because it wasn’t anchored into the ground with cement? (Yes, I’m talking to you, Brian.)

And what think tank designed the dangerous toys we played with in the ‘60s and ‘70s? Let’s bat around a pair of Clackers—essentially two giant glass or acrylic marbles on a string that you smash together, sometimes sending “Clacker shrapnel” to lodge into your cornea. And let’s not forget about Jarts—basically giant darts with a FOOT-LONG weighted metal tip on one end. Like a game of horseshoes, players were supposed to throw Jarts underhanded toward a target, with the tip sticking into the ground. Or into someone’s thigh. Or skull. Were there seriously no product testers in the 1960s who could have predicted the liability here?

Let’s Catch Some Rays
As we entered our teen years, we took the danger into our own hands, slathering on baby oil and concocting tinfoil-covered-cardboard “mirrors” to intensify the sun’s rays. (Remember, back then it was called sunTAN lotion, not sunscreen.) But not only did we lack SPF completely until the ’70s (and only then, got to choose from SPF 4, 6 or 8), we actually multiplied the sun’s effects and encouraged skin cancer with our tinfoil origami projects. Nice!

While there’s plenty to love about the ‘60s and ‘70s (hello, lava lamps, Frisbees, and disco), it was a tad dangerous. And don’t even get me started on the perils of those naughty ‘80s.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 10:54:08 AM
Pretty nice offer here for La Imperiosa Corona Gordas

https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/la-imperiosa-corona-gorda.html
Also good price on the Four Kicks Maduro (and regular)
Likin' the Luminosa Toro's as well
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 10:55:12 AM
While not nearly for Cheapy-Cheapo consideration,

Todays offers from SBC:

Thursday Special!

Today only we have one special on three cateogires!

 Dunbarton
 Foundation
 Viaje

 CODE: THURSDAY = 15% off plus 5% reward points
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 11:04:10 AM
Morning MicrosoftBitchBean.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 09, 2018, 11:05:00 AM
Time for doughnuts and then we're heading to Six Flags for the day. I'm hoping to relax with a smoke and a drink later this evening.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 09, 2018, 11:21:54 AM
Another sign of the slow steady decline of the western world.
https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/47730/ (https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/47730/)
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 09, 2018, 11:28:59 AM
Another sign of the slow steady decline of the western world.
https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/47730/ (https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/47730/)
I'm gonna propose this theory to my manager when it comes time for my annual raise.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 09, 2018, 11:29:16 AM
Time for doughnuts and then we're heading to Six Flags for the day. I'm hoping to relax with a smoke and a drink later this evening.
Have fun, SixTonys.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 11:30:35 AM
601 Brown robusto lit. still waiting on cable, was suppose to be here between 9 and 10am. WTF.
called the rep from yesterday but got her voice mail.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 11:31:31 AM
Time for doughnuts and then we're heading to Six Flags for the day. I'm hoping to relax with a smoke and a drink later this evening.
have fun, hope you have great weather and lots of money.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 09, 2018, 11:32:14 AM
Time for doughnuts and then we're heading to Six Flags for the day. I'm hoping to relax with a smoke and a drink later this evening.
Have fun, SixTonys.
That's a fat joke, right?
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 09, 2018, 11:33:50 AM
Time for doughnuts and then we're heading to Six Flags for the day. I'm hoping to relax with a smoke and a drink later this evening.
have fun, hope you have great weather and lots of money.
Nope. And have even less patience. Gonna need that cigar at the end of the day.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 11:43:29 AM
Time for doughnuts and then we're heading to Six Flags for the day. I'm hoping to relax with a smoke and a drink later this evening.
Have fun, SixTonys.
That's a fat joke, right?
it is now.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 11:46:26 AM
Time for doughnuts and then we're heading to Six Flags for the day. I'm hoping to relax with a smoke and a drink later this evening.
What do you mean for the day?  The day is half over.  Or are you just doing the water park?
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 11:55:42 AM
Another sign of the slow steady decline of the western world.
https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/47730/ (https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/47730/)
Not so slow a decline.  More like full crash and burn.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 11:56:36 AM
601 Brown robusto lit. still waiting on cable, was suppose to be here between 9 and 10am. WTF.
called the rep from yesterday but got her voice mail.
I take it you recently got a 601 Rainbow sampler?
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 12:02:18 PM
601 Brown robusto lit. still waiting on cable, was suppose to be here between 9 and 10am. WTF.
called the rep from yesterday but got her voice mail.
I take it you recently got a 601 Rainbow sampler?
😊
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 09, 2018, 12:07:22 PM
Time for doughnuts and then we're heading to Six Flags for the day. I'm hoping to relax with a smoke and a drink later this evening.
Have fun, SixTonys.
That's a fat joke, right?
it is now.
LALTS
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 09, 2018, 12:34:08 PM
good morning everybody. is it Monday yet?
cigar and coffee as I wait for the cable guy or gal.
knowing Dean's luck, the cable gal, will be a 62 year old nymphomaniac,
who can climb ladders, and is good with a crimping tool!
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 09, 2018, 12:43:11 PM
And Flip just talked about what he has in his humi.   ::)
the two remaining humidors, I sold the big humidor and a an airtight
storage box with cigars for a paltry $120, to give the cigars in them, a good home.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 12:47:22 PM
And Flip just talked about what he has in his humi.   ::)
the two remaining humidors, I sold the big humidor and a an airtight
storage box with cigars for a paltry $120, to give the cigars in them, a good home.
damn, where was I?
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 12:48:09 PM
good morning everybody. is it Monday yet?
cigar and coffee as I wait for the cable guy or gal.
knowing Dean's luck, the cable gal, will be a 62 year old nymphomaniac,
who can climb ladders, and is good with a crimping tool!
they gotta get here first. 😡
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 09, 2018, 01:06:09 PM
And Flip just talked about what he has in his humi.   ::)
the two remaining humidors, I sold the big humidor and a an airtight
storage box with cigars for a paltry $120, to give the cigars in them, a good home.
damn, where was I?
Yeah, where was the banter fire sale?
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 09, 2018, 01:10:46 PM
And Flip just talked about what he has in his humi.   ::)
the two remaining humidors, I sold the big humidor and a an airtight
storage box with cigars for a paltry $120, to give the cigars in them, a good home.
damn, where was I?
Yeah, where was the banter fire sale?
This was a local guy, who I had enjoyed cigars with at the legion, no trips to post office involved,
he did get a three pack of Buesos in the deal, as well as a fiver of EPC's an oliva V, some San Lontanos
and CLE quarentas, included with a bunch of Gurkhas.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 01:20:18 PM
And Flip just talked about what he has in his humi.   ::)
the two remaining humidors, I sold the big humidor and a an airtight
storage box with cigars for a paltry $120, to give the cigars in them, a good home.
damn, where was I?
Yeah, where was the banter fire sale?
This was a local guy, who I had enjoyed cigars with at the legion, no trips to post office involved,
he did get a three pack of Buesos in the deal, as well as a fiver of EPC's an oliva V, some San Lontanos
and CLE quarentas, included with a bunch of Gurkhas.
He didn't ask for you to pay him to take the Gurkhas?
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 01:21:01 PM
You get rid of the cigars, and the women have won.   :'(   >:(
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 01:21:36 PM
And Flip just talked about what he has in his humi.   ::)
the two remaining humidors, I sold the big humidor and a an airtight
storage box with cigars for a paltry $120, to give the cigars in them, a good home.
damn, where was I?
Yeah, where was the banter fire sale?
Yea, sheesh!
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 02:18:33 PM
No cigars, but some fine spirit sampling with food...

https://flaviar.com/craft-spirits-celebration?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=08092018_cux_US&utm_content=Final&utm_term=US_customers_daily

Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 02:19:04 PM
Afternoon cablelady lull...
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 09, 2018, 02:20:11 PM
Heading to Niagara Falls Sunday/Monday, so I'll talk at youse guys again on Tuesday. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 09, 2018, 02:25:51 PM
Heading to Niagara Falls Sunday/Monday, so I'll talk at youse guys again on Tuesday. Hazzuh!
buy Golf...
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2018, 02:27:27 PM
LFD Cameroon Cabinet Lancero lit
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 02:32:14 PM
Heading to Niagara Falls Sunday/Monday, so I'll talk at youse guys again on Tuesday. Hazzuh!
Aren't you skipping Friday/Saturday?
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 09, 2018, 02:51:32 PM
Heading to Niagara Falls Sunday/Monday, so I'll talk at youse guys again on Tuesday. Hazzuh!
Aren't you skipping Friday/Saturday?
He may have better things to do.....
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 09, 2018, 02:59:51 PM
@flip, what was for lunch?  Plate of left over BBQ beans here.  Going to get interesting in a few hours.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2018, 03:19:24 PM
@flip, what was for lunch?  Plate of left over BBQ beans here.  Going to get interesting in a few hours.
Better not light up, kaboom 🔥😂

I had fried oysters, fried flounder, Mac & cheese and pear cobbler for desert.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 03:24:49 PM
cable guy having problems. interweb set up but tv has no picture. going to swap out box.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 09, 2018, 03:24:55 PM
@flip, what was for lunch?  Plate of left over BBQ beans here.  Going to get interesting in a few hours.
Better not light up, kaboom 🔥😂

I had fried oysters, fried flounder, Mac & cheese and pear cobbler for desert.
You got me beat by a mile!  Love me some fried oysters.  Or diablo oysters, wrapped in bacon with jalapeno and broiled.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2018, 03:28:18 PM
@flip, what was for lunch?  Plate of left over BBQ beans here.  Going to get interesting in a few hours.
Better not light up, kaboom 🔥😂

I had fried oysters, fried flounder, Mac & cheese and pear cobbler for desert.
You got me beat by a mile!  Love me some fried oysters.  Or diablo oysters, wrapped in bacon with jalapeno and broiled.
I like almost all oyster dishes, especially char grilled with garlic and parmigiana on top.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 09, 2018, 03:28:53 PM
cable guy having problems. interweb set up but tv has no picture. going to swap out box.
#1 problem for you is it's not a cable girl.
(https://i.imgur.com/FtGuCQg.jpg?fb)
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 03:37:39 PM
@flip, what was for lunch?  Plate of left over BBQ beans here.  Going to get interesting in a few hours.
Go settle into that workman cave.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 03:38:18 PM
@flip, what was for lunch?  Plate of left over BBQ beans here.  Going to get interesting in a few hours.
Better not light up, kaboom 🔥😂

I had fried oysters, fried flounder, Mac & cheese and pear cobbler for desert.
What, no hushpuppies or slaw?
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2018, 03:40:11 PM
cable guy having problems. interweb set up but tv has no picture. going to swap out box.
#1 problem for you is it's not a cable girl.
(https://i.imgur.com/FtGuCQg.jpg?fb)
+1
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2018, 03:40:49 PM
@flip, what was for lunch?  Plate of left over BBQ beans here.  Going to get interesting in a few hours.
Better not light up, kaboom 🔥😂

I had fried oysters, fried flounder, Mac & cheese and pear cobbler for desert.
What, no hushpuppies or slaw?
Actually I did have a couple of hush puppies but I passed on the slaw as I am not a big slaw fan.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2018, 04:06:55 PM
Room 101 HN ready to add 🔥 and a large glass of elixir
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 09, 2018, 04:53:39 PM
@flip, what was for lunch?  Plate of left over BBQ beans here.  Going to get interesting in a few hours.
Saving the calories for when I go out to karaoke tonight, they have a halfway decent kitchen
at the Athenia Veterans post in Clifton.  I had some iced coffee and a mango fruit ice on the way into work.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 09, 2018, 04:55:26 PM
@flip, what was for lunch?  Plate of left over BBQ beans here.  Going to get interesting in a few hours.
Better not light up, kaboom 🔥😂

I had fried oysters, fried flounder, Mac & cheese and pear cobbler for desert.
You got me beat by a mile!  Love me some fried oysters.  Or diablo oysters, wrapped in bacon with jalapeno and broiled.
I like almost all oyster dishes, especially char grilled with garlic and parmigiana on top.
I've like an oyster shooter, glass with ice cold vodka and an oyster....
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2018, 06:30:25 PM
@ Travelin Dave & Fish:  this one has your names all over it.

Caldwell Hit & Run Super Toro (6.0"x54) Pack of 10 for $49.99 FS

https://www.cigar.com/daily-cigar-deal/
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2018, 07:16:49 PM
If this included FS you could easily work out a right nice deal with it but it does not have FS.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/build-your-own-ultra-premium-sampler/2015872/
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 07:27:23 PM
trying to decide what to smoke.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2018, 07:28:27 PM
trying to decide what to smoke.
A cigar sounds appropriate 😀

You get the tv working?
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 07:36:21 PM
trying to decide what to smoke.
A cigar sounds appropriate 😀

You get the tv working?

went with a Ruination.

yes, watching Godfather II
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 07:37:37 PM
trying to decide what to smoke.
A cigar sounds appropriate 😀

You get the tv working?

went with a Ruination.

yes, watching Godfather II

and recording Man On Fire with the free DVR service.
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2018, 07:55:07 PM
trying to decide what to smoke.
A cigar sounds appropriate 😀

You get the tv working?

went with a Ruination.

yes, watching Godfather II
I saw The Godfather movies were on but I need to watch I first to remember it all, been over 40 years since I saw it
Title: Re: 8/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2018, 08:14:49 PM
trying to decide what to smoke.
A cigar sounds appropriate 😀

You get the tv working?

went with a Ruination.

yes, watching Godfather II
I saw The Godfather movies were on but I need to watch I first to remember it all, been over 40 years since I saw it
I always thought II was the best one.