CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 29, 2018, 12:01:32 AM

Title: 6/29/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on June 29, 2018, 12:01:32 AM
Happy Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 05:57:03 AM
Morning, all. Happy Actual Friday.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on June 29, 2018, 06:04:41 AM
Morning, all. Happy Actual Friday.
good morning Dave. Happy 5th Monday.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on June 29, 2018, 06:06:04 AM
Too many doctors, too many early morning appointments.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 06:30:43 AM
Too many doctors, too many early morning appointments.
I'd trade that and hot tub time for work any day of the week.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on June 29, 2018, 06:32:33 AM
Too many doctors, too many early morning appointments.
I'd trade that and hot tub time for work any day of the week.
okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 06:56:51 AM
Too many doctors, too many early morning appointments.
I'd trade that and hot tub time for work any day of the week.
okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.
Morning, Dean. Have to replace the brakes on our Kia this weekend. Luckily, we're supposed to be reaching near record highs, so that oughta be a good time.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on June 29, 2018, 06:59:31 AM
Too many doctors, too many early morning appointments.
I'd trade that and hot tub time for work any day of the week.
okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.
Morning, Dean. Have to replace the brakes on our Kia this weekend. Luckily, we're supposed to be reaching near record highs, so that oughta be a good time.
so long as you have a nice air conditioned waiting room to sit in or are you dropping it off?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on June 29, 2018, 07:03:46 AM
well I suppose. time for the long drive.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 07:03:49 AM
Good morning, LTG and Deano.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 07:07:13 AM
Too many doctors, too many early morning appointments.
I'd trade that and hot tub time for work any day of the week.
okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.
Morning, Dean. Have to replace the brakes on our Kia this weekend. Luckily, we're supposed to be reaching near record highs, so that oughta be a good time.
so long as you have a nice air conditioned waiting room to sit in or are you dropping it off?
Neither, I meant I'M replacing the brakes this weekend. Dealership wants $360 to do it, whereas I can do it for about $50.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 07:07:48 AM
Good morning, LTG and Deano.
Morning, Tony. Or, should I say, MORNING, TONY. At least until after your appt.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 07:16:40 AM
Too many doctors, too many early morning appointments.
I'd trade that and hot tub time for work any day of the week.
okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.
Morning, Dean. Have to replace the brakes on our Kia this weekend. Luckily, we're supposed to be reaching near record highs, so that oughta be a good time.
so long as you have a nice air conditioned waiting room to sit in or are you dropping it off?
Neither, I meant I'M replacing the brakes this weekend. Dealership wants $360 to do it, whereas I can do it for about $50.
Nice. Only thing that would make that a better situation is if the Mrs is the primary driver of that car.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 07:17:04 AM
Good morning, LTG and Deano.
Morning, Tony. Or, should I say, MORNING, TONY. At least until after your appt.
What?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 07:17:40 AM
Too many doctors, too many early morning appointments.
I'd trade that and hot tub time for work any day of the week.
okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.
Morning, Dean. Have to replace the brakes on our Kia this weekend. Luckily, we're supposed to be reaching near record highs, so that oughta be a good time.
so long as you have a nice air conditioned waiting room to sit in or are you dropping it off?
Neither, I meant I'M replacing the brakes this weekend. Dealership wants $360 to do it, whereas I can do it for about $50.
Nice. Only thing that would make that a better situation is if the Mrs is the primary driver of that car.
Haha, she is indeed. BRB, double checking her life insurance situation. No relation.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 07:17:47 AM
Good morning, LTG and Deano.
Morning, Tony. Or, should I say, MORNING, TONY. At least until after your appt.
What?
CNS
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 07:22:11 AM
Too many doctors, too many early morning appointments.
I'd trade that and hot tub time for work any day of the week.
okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.
Morning, Dean. Have to replace the brakes on our Kia this weekend. Luckily, we're supposed to be reaching near record highs, so that oughta be a good time.
so long as you have a nice air conditioned waiting room to sit in or are you dropping it off?
Neither, I meant I'M replacing the brakes this weekend. Dealership wants $360 to do it, whereas I can do it for about $50.
Are you going to be doing this under the hot sun?

Edit: Any chance you have an air conditioned garage with a lift?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 07:31:24 AM
Too many doctors, too many early morning appointments.
I'd trade that and hot tub time for work any day of the week.
okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.
Morning, Dean. Have to replace the brakes on our Kia this weekend. Luckily, we're supposed to be reaching near record highs, so that oughta be a good time.
so long as you have a nice air conditioned waiting room to sit in or are you dropping it off?
Neither, I meant I'M replacing the brakes this weekend. Dealership wants $360 to do it, whereas I can do it for about $50.
Are you going to be doing this under the hot sun?

Edit: Any chance you have an air conditioned garage with a lift?
Lol, no AC in the garage or a lift, but at least I'll be out of the sun. So there's that.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 07:40:29 AM
Too many doctors, too many early morning appointments.
I'd trade that and hot tub time for work any day of the week.
okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.
Morning, Dean. Have to replace the brakes on our Kia this weekend. Luckily, we're supposed to be reaching near record highs, so that oughta be a good time.
so long as you have a nice air conditioned waiting room to sit in or are you dropping it off?
Neither, I meant I'M replacing the brakes this weekend. Dealership wants $360 to do it, whereas I can do it for about $50.
Are you going to be doing this under the hot sun?

Edit: Any chance you have an air conditioned garage with a lift?
Lol, no AC in the garage or a lift, but at least I'll be out of the sun. So there's that.
Can you smoke cigars while working?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 07:53:10 AM
Too many doctors, too many early morning appointments.
I'd trade that and hot tub time for work any day of the week.
okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.
Morning, Dean. Have to replace the brakes on our Kia this weekend. Luckily, we're supposed to be reaching near record highs, so that oughta be a good time.
so long as you have a nice air conditioned waiting room to sit in or are you dropping it off?
Neither, I meant I'M replacing the brakes this weekend. Dealership wants $360 to do it, whereas I can do it for about $50.
Are you going to be doing this under the hot sun?

Edit: Any chance you have an air conditioned garage with a lift?
Lol, no AC in the garage or a lift, but at least I'll be out of the sun. So there's that.
Can you smoke cigars while working?
I could, but I imagine that would make me even hotter. Definitely something I'll take under advisement, though.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 08:52:27 AM
I received my word of the day from dictionary.com... this one is offensive and too pinko commie even for me:

Flexitarian
a person whose diet is mostly vegetarian but sometimes includes meat, fish, or poultry.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 09:19:01 AM
I received my word of the day from dictionary.com... this one is offensive and too pinko commie even for me:

Flexitarian
a person whose diet is mostly vegetarian but sometimes includes meat, fish, or poultry.
Sounds like some sort of quitter vegetarian to me.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 09:23:04 AM
I received my word of the day from dictionary.com... this one is offensive and too pinko commie even for me:

Flexitarian
a person whose diet is mostly vegetarian but sometimes includes meat, fish, or poultry.
Sounds like some sort of quitter vegetarian to me.
Sounds like most humans I know. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't. Doesn't mean you have to give it a "tarian".
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 09:24:48 AM
I received my word of the day from dictionary.com... this one is offensive and too pinko commie even for me:

Flexitarian
a person whose diet is mostly vegetarian but sometimes includes meat, fish, or poultry.
Sounds like some sort of quitter vegetarian to me.
Sounds like most humans I know. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't. Doesn't mean you have to give it a "tarian".
Indeed. We already have a word for that, it's omnivore.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: ss2 on June 29, 2018, 09:34:55 AM
I received my word of the day from dictionary.com... this one is offensive and too pinko commie even for me:

Flexitarian
a person whose diet is mostly vegetarian but sometimes includes meat, fish, or poultry.
Sounds like some sort of quitter vegetarian to me.
Sounds like most humans I know. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't. Doesn't mean you have to give it a "tarian".
Indeed. We already have a word for that, it's omnivore.
+1  and i happen to think Omnivore even sounds much better than Flexitarian.  That sounds more like some one who does Yoga.
  Good morning all!
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 09:36:35 AM
I received my word of the day from dictionary.com... this one is offensive and too pinko commie even for me:

Flexitarian
a person whose diet is mostly vegetarian but sometimes includes meat, fish, or poultry.
Sounds like some sort of quitter vegetarian to me.
Sounds like most humans I know. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't. Doesn't mean you have to give it a "tarian".
Indeed. We already have a word for that, it's omnivore.
+1  and i happen to think Omnivore even sounds much better than Flexitarian.  That sounds more like some one who does Yoga.
  Good morning all!
Lol, it definitely does. Morning, Sam.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 09:37:07 AM
Free shipping at JR right now, though, for the life of me, I can't find any decent deals. Probably why they're offering free shipping.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: ss2 on June 29, 2018, 09:38:05 AM
[...]

I would recommend doing the brakes and having the cigar as a reward afterwards when you can at least sit in the shade with a fan and that other liquid libation reward you would be due.  It's how I do it anyway.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 09:47:53 AM
[...]

That definitely sounds like the plan to beat.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 10:05:02 AM
I received my word of the day from dictionary.com... this one is offensive and too pinko commie even for me:

Flexitarian
a person whose diet is mostly vegetarian but sometimes includes meat, fish, or poultry.
Sounds like some sort of quitter vegetarian to me.
Sounds like most humans I know. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't. Doesn't mean you have to give it a "tarian".
Indeed. We already have a word for that, it's omnivore.
+1  and i happen to think Omnivore even sounds much better than Flexitarian.  That sounds more like some one who does Yoga.
  Good morning all!
Sam! Been waiting for you to get back on here to smoke my Decade Cameroon. Although I've smoked a couple of decent cigars, in the meantime.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 10:15:59 AM
What happened to BacktoNJDave this morning?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 10:19:30 AM
Can't believe how busy it is today. Didn't everyone else get the memo that it was summer Friday?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: ss2 on June 29, 2018, 10:24:25 AM
I received my word of the day from dictionary.com... this one is offensive and too pinko commie even for me:

Flexitarian
a person whose diet is mostly vegetarian but sometimes includes meat, fish, or poultry.
Sounds like some sort of quitter vegetarian to me.
Sounds like most humans I know. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't. Doesn't mean you have to give it a "tarian".
Indeed. We already have a word for that, it's omnivore.
+1  and i happen to think Omnivore even sounds much better than Flexitarian.  That sounds more like some one who does Yoga.
  Good morning all!
Sam! Been waiting for you to get back on here to smoke my Decade Cameroon. Although I've smoked a couple of decent cigars, in the meantime.
Nice!  smoked my 2nd one last week.  i'm pretty sure i'll be looking for more (on sale of course!).  what did you get to smoke?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: ss2 on June 29, 2018, 10:38:25 AM
Can't believe how busy it is today. Didn't everyone else get the memo that it was summer Friday?
Yeah, and also a holiday weekend?  everybody should be clogging up the roads right now and leaving us alone...  A note on holiday weekends.  due to the holiday falling mid week, i have the distinct feeling that traffic is going to be a mess for the next 2 weekends
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on June 29, 2018, 10:48:23 AM
Can't believe how busy it is today. Didn't everyone else get the memo that it was summer Friday?
Yeah, and also a holiday weekend?  everybody should be clogging up the roads right now and leaving us alone...  A note on holiday weekends.  due to the holiday falling mid week, i have the distinct feeling that traffic is going to be a mess for the next 2 weekends
doing a staycation on the 4th, yard looks good, Warden just spent $3,500 on landscaping another
$600 on flowers(lavender and day lillys.) so all new red mulch, river stone behind the deck, large brick/stone edging/walls
now all the feral cats, are no longer ashamed to be lounging on the property.  this after lasts years new hardtop 12 by 16 canopy,
and having the deck refinished from driftwood grey to adobe tan.  Nice place not to have a cigar.... ::)
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: ss2 on June 29, 2018, 10:53:48 AM
Can't believe how busy it is today. Didn't everyone else get the memo that it was summer Friday?
Yeah, and also a holiday weekend?  everybody should be clogging up the roads right now and leaving us alone...  A note on holiday weekends.  due to the holiday falling mid week, i have the distinct feeling that traffic is going to be a mess for the next 2 weekends
doing a staycation on the 4th, yard looks good, Warden just spent $3,500 on landscaping another
$600 on flowers(lavender and day lillys.) so all new red mulch, river stone behind the deck, large brick/stone edging/walls
now all the feral cats, are no longer ashamed to be lounging on the property.  this after lasts years new hardtop 12 by 16 canopy,
and having the deck refinished from driftwood grey to adobe tan.  Nice place not to have a cigar.... ::)
Hi Flip!  All sounds good, except for the no cigar part...
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 10:55:31 AM
Can't believe how busy it is today. Didn't everyone else get the memo that it was summer Friday?
Yeah, and also a holiday weekend?  everybody should be clogging up the roads right now and leaving us alone...  A note on holiday weekends.  due to the holiday falling mid week, i have the distinct feeling that traffic is going to be a mess for the next 2 weekends
doing a staycation on the 4th, yard looks good, Warden just spent $3,500 on landscaping another
$600 on flowers(lavender and day lillys.) so all new red mulch, river stone behind the deck, large brick/stone edging/walls
now all the feral cats, are no longer ashamed to be lounging on the property.  this after lasts years new hardtop 12 by 16 canopy,
and having the deck refinished from driftwood grey to adobe tan.  Nice place not to have a cigar.... ::)
Well, at least it will be nice to look at?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on June 29, 2018, 11:02:23 AM
good morning guys back from the rheumatologist. he increased one drug, prescribed another, and gave me two shots of cortisone in each ankle.

I am way behind on my paperwork/reports so I hope to tackle those today for Sunday.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: ss2 on June 29, 2018, 11:08:30 AM
Hi Dean.  sounds painful, how many times do you have to get these shots?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on June 29, 2018, 11:08:44 AM
WHERE THE HELL IS THE NEWS, BIRTHDAYS, AND THOUGHT FOR THE DAY?
Sheesh, you'd think this was a cigar site or something.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 29, 2018, 11:12:17 AM
New Sheriff in Town aka DIL grounded the Travellin
Man
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on June 29, 2018, 11:13:58 AM
Hi Dean.  sounds painful, how many times do you have to get these shots?
Hello Sam. the cortisone 3 times a year max, usually when my pain level is so high I show up in tears. I do get monthly injections of a biologic to treat my RA though, 2 injections at $4,024.56 each.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on June 29, 2018, 11:21:10 AM
Today is June 29th, there still is pleanty of
time to get your Christmas shopping done!
Not On this day in history:
Mrs Whitney said: "Eli Whitney, get your cotton picking hands
off my bottle of gin!"
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: ss2 on June 29, 2018, 11:31:57 AM
Hi Dean.  sounds painful, how many times do you have to get these shots?
Hello Sam. the cortisone 3 times a year max, usually when my pain level is so high I show up in tears. I do get monthly injections of a biologic to treat my RA though, 2 injections at $4,024.56 each.
YIKES!  does the biologic halt or reverse the effects?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 11:32:00 AM
Hi Dean.  sounds painful, how many times do you have to get these shots?
Hello Sam. the cortisone 3 times a year max, usually when my pain level is so high I show up in tears. I do get monthly injections of a biologic to treat my RA though, 2 injections at $4,024.56 each.
What a bargain!
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: ss2 on June 29, 2018, 11:34:06 AM
WHERE THE HELL IS THE NEWS, BIRTHDAYS, AND THOUGHT FOR THE DAY?
Sheesh, you'd think this was a cigar site or something.
speaking of cigars.  new Holts deal of the day  https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?p=0&limit=all
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 12:11:43 PM
Hi Dean.  sounds painful, how many times do you have to get these shots?
Hello Sam. the cortisone 3 times a year max, usually when my pain level is so high I show up in tears. I do get monthly injections of a biologic to treat my RA though, 2 injections at $4,024.56 each.
YIKES!  does the biologic halt or reverse the effects?
I believe it reverses the effects of filling his wallet.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 12:17:46 PM
On a similar note, I got a clean bill of health.

My cholesterol, blood sugar, etc, have improved dramatically with just watching my diet over the last year. "Keep doing what you're doing," is what the doc said. "On the other hand, you might want to have a specialist take a look at your hearing".

Could have been worse, for sure.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 12:27:48 PM
[...]

Recent smokes include: EP Carrillo 2015 Limited Edition, Montecristo New York Connoisseur Edition, Herrera Estsli corona gorda, and Padron 2000 maduro.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 12:31:09 PM
On a similar note, I got a clean bill of health.

My cholesterol, blood sugar, etc, have improved dramatically with just watching my diet over the last year. "Keep doing what you're doing," is what the doc said. "On the other hand, you might want to have a specialist take a look at your hearing".

Could have been worse, for sure.
Couple more years and you can be in the running for Mr. Universe. Good work.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 29, 2018, 12:39:17 PM
On a similar note, I got a clean bill of health.

My cholesterol, blood sugar, etc, have improved dramatically with just watching my diet over the last year. "Keep doing what you're doing," is what the doc said. "On the other hand, you might want to have a specialist take a look at your hearing".

Could have been worse, for sure.
And on that note:

Krispy Kreme's Chocolate Glaze Doughnuts, which became popular during the solar eclipse, will be back on July 7 in recognition of World Chocolate Day.

Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on June 29, 2018, 12:43:11 PM
Hi Dean.  sounds painful, how many times do you have to get these shots?
Hello Sam. the cortisone 3 times a year max, usually when my pain level is so high I show up in tears. I do get monthly injections of a biologic to treat my RA though, 2 injections at $4,024.56 each.
YIKES!  does the biologic halt or reverse the effects?
been a year now and I'm no better, but no worse. I am hoping that the other two meds with will help.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 12:44:53 PM
Hi Dean.  sounds painful, how many times do you have to get these shots?
Hello Sam. the cortisone 3 times a year max, usually when my pain level is so high I show up in tears. I do get monthly injections of a biologic to treat my RA though, 2 injections at $4,024.56 each.
YIKES!  does the biologic halt or reverse the effects?
been a year now and I'm no better, but no worse. I am hoping that the other two meds with will help.
At your age, I would certainly take getting no worse.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 12:46:39 PM
WHERE THE HELL IS THE NEWS, BIRTHDAYS, AND THOUGHT FOR THE DAY?
Sheesh, you'd think this was a cigar site or something.
speaking of cigars.  new Holts deal of the day  https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?p=0&limit=all
There are definitely some interesting deals there. I believe it's worth a closer look.

Also interesting is "Camacho BG Meyer Standard Issue Figurado". Not because they are great cigars but because I had no idea Camacho was at all involved.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on June 29, 2018, 12:48:08 PM
Hi Dean.  sounds painful, how many times do you have to get these shots?
Hello Sam. the cortisone 3 times a year max, usually when my pain level is so high I show up in tears. I do get monthly injections of a biologic to treat my RA though, 2 injections at $4,024.56 each.
What a bargain!
yep, I pay $0 by driving an hour one way to have it administered. if it were delivered to my house I would have to come up with the full price. fucked up.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 12:48:18 PM
On a similar note, I got a clean bill of health.

My cholesterol, blood sugar, etc, have improved dramatically with just watching my diet over the last year. "Keep doing what you're doing," is what the doc said. "On the other hand, you might want to have a specialist take a look at your hearing".

Could have been worse, for sure.
And on that note:

Krispy Kreme's Chocolate Glaze Doughnuts, which became popular during the solar eclipse, will be back on July 7 in recognition of World Chocolate Day.
It would be un-American not to indulge.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 12:50:53 PM
Hi Dean.  sounds painful, how many times do you have to get these shots?
Hello Sam. the cortisone 3 times a year max, usually when my pain level is so high I show up in tears. I do get monthly injections of a biologic to treat my RA though, 2 injections at $4,024.56 each.
What a bargain!
yep, I pay $0 by driving an hour one way to have it administered. if it were delivered to my house I would have to come up with the full price. fucked up.
It would be worth it even if you had to hire a limo.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 12:52:49 PM
Today is June 29th, there still is pleanty of
time to get your Christmas shopping done!
Not On this day in history:
Mrs Whitney said: "Eli Whitney, get your cotton picking hands
off my bottle of gin!"
By the way, I should acknowledge that I chuckled a little...
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 12:59:59 PM
On a similar note, I got a clean bill of health.

My cholesterol, blood sugar, etc, have improved dramatically with just watching my diet over the last year. "Keep doing what you're doing," is what the doc said. "On the other hand, you might want to have a specialist take a look at your hearing".

Could have been worse, for sure.
And on that note:

Krispy Kreme's Chocolate Glaze Doughnuts, which became popular during the solar eclipse, will be back on July 7 in recognition of World Chocolate Day.
It would be un-American not to indulge.
Yep, in fact, if we don't indulge, then ISIS and Obama win.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: sfish on June 29, 2018, 01:00:01 PM
https://www.jrcigars.com/brand/room-101-cigars/room-101-ltd-namakubi

Code: BIRTHDAY15A1 for additional 15% with the free shipping, $59.08 final cost

You're all welcome...and GFY's!!!
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on June 29, 2018, 01:02:29 PM
Hi Dean.  sounds painful, how many times do you have to get these shots?
Hello Sam. the cortisone 3 times a year max, usually when my pain level is so high I show up in tears. I do get monthly injections of a biologic to treat my RA though, 2 injections at $4,024.56 each.
YIKES!  does the biologic halt or reverse the effects?
been a year now and I'm no better, but no worse. I am hoping that the other two meds with will help.
At your age, I would certainly take getting no worse.
better would be better.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 29, 2018, 01:07:47 PM
What happened to BacktoNJDave this morning?
Back to NJLate ….got in about 1:00.  Busy morning with dog and grandkids.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: sfish on June 29, 2018, 01:08:34 PM
What happened to BacktoNJDave this morning?
Back to NJLate ….got in about 1:00.  Busy morning with dog and grandkids.
And cigar shopping?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 01:08:59 PM
On a similar note, I got a clean bill of health.

My cholesterol, blood sugar, etc, have improved dramatically with just watching my diet over the last year. "Keep doing what you're doing," is what the doc said. "On the other hand, you might want to have a specialist take a look at your hearing".

Could have been worse, for sure.
And on that note:

Krispy Kreme's Chocolate Glaze Doughnuts, which became popular during the solar eclipse, will be back on July 7 in recognition of World Chocolate Day.
It would be un-American not to indulge.
Yep, in fact, if we don't indulge, then ISIS and Obama win.
LALTS
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 29, 2018, 01:09:27 PM
WHERE THE HELL IS THE NEWS, BIRTHDAYS, AND THOUGHT FOR THE DAY?
Sheesh, you'd think this was a cigar site or something.
It's only when you're gone that they miss you....
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 01:10:19 PM
https://www.jrcigars.com/brand/room-101-cigars/room-101-ltd-namakubi

Code: BIRTHDAY15A1 for additional 15% with the free shipping, $59.08 final cost

You're all welcome...and GFY's!!!
Scotty! Welcome back. Is it too late to ask for your old job back?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 29, 2018, 01:10:55 PM
On a similar note, I got a clean bill of health.

My cholesterol, blood sugar, etc, have improved dramatically with just watching my diet over the last year. "Keep doing what you're doing," is what the doc said. "On the other hand, you might want to have a specialist take a look at your hearing".

Could have been worse, for sure.
What?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 01:11:35 PM
On a similar note, I got a clean bill of health.

My cholesterol, blood sugar, etc, have improved dramatically with just watching my diet over the last year. "Keep doing what you're doing," is what the doc said. "On the other hand, you might want to have a specialist take a look at your hearing".

Could have been worse, for sure.
What?
Good afternoon, GrandpaDave.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: sfish on June 29, 2018, 01:14:25 PM
https://www.jrcigars.com/brand/room-101-cigars/room-101-ltd-namakubi

Code: BIRTHDAY15A1 for additional 15% with the free shipping, $59.08 final cost

You're all welcome...and GFY's!!!
Scotty! Welcome back. Is it too late to ask for your old job back?
Yes...yes it is
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 29, 2018, 01:20:02 PM
https://www.jrcigars.com/brand/room-101-cigars/room-101-ltd-namakubi

Code: BIRTHDAY15A1 for additional 15% with the free shipping, $59.08 final cost

You're all welcome...and GFY's!!!
Can't pass that up.  Thought Namakubi's were history.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 29, 2018, 01:21:10 PM
https://www.jrcigars.com/brand/room-101-cigars/room-101-ltd-namakubi

Code: BIRTHDAY15A1 for additional 15% with the free shipping, $59.08 final cost

You're all welcome...and GFY's!!!
Scotty! Welcome back. Is it too late to ask for your old job back?
Yes...yes it is
He's cashed the new paychecks, they own him!
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 29, 2018, 01:28:56 PM
Today is Friday, June 29, the 180th day of 2018. There are 185 days left in the year.
Today’s Highlight in History:
On June 29, 1927, the first trans-Pacific airplane flight was completed as U.S. Army Air Corps Lt. Lester J. Maitland and Lt. Albert F. Hegenberger arrived at Wheeler Field in Hawaii aboard the Bird of Paradise, an Atlantic-Fokker C-2, after flying 2,400 miles from Oakland, California, in 25 hours, 50 minutes.
On this date:
In 1520, Montezuma II, the ninth and last emperor of the Aztecs, died in Tenochtitlan (tay-nohch-TEET’-lahn) under unclear circumstances (some say he was killed by his own subjects; others, by the Spanish).
In 1613, London’s original Globe Theatre, where many of Shakespeare’s plays were performed, was destroyed by a fire sparked by a cannon shot during a performance of “Henry VIII.”
In 1767, Britain approved the Townshend Revenue Act, which imposed import duties on glass, paint, oil, lead, paper and tea shipped to the American colonies. (Colonists bitterly protested, prompting Parliament to repeal the duties — except for tea.)
In 1880, France annexed Tahiti, which became a French colony on December 30, 1880.
In 1936, entertainer and songwriter George M. Cohan was presented with the Congressional Gold Medal by President Franklin D. Roosevelt for his contributions to building American morale during World War I.
Franklin D. Roosevelt for his contributions to building American morale during World War I.
In 1941, Polish statesman, pianist and composer Ignacy Jan Paderewski (een-YAHS’ yahn pah-dayr-EF’-skee) died in New York at age 80.
In 1956, actress Marilyn Monroe married playwright Arthur Miller in a civil ceremony in White Plains, New York. (The couple also wed in a Jewish ceremony on July 1; the marriage lasted 4 1/2 years).
In 1967, actress Jayne Mansfield, 34, was killed along with her boyfriend, Sam Brody, and their driver, Ronnie Harrison, when their car slammed into the rear of a tractor-trailer on a highway in Slidell, Louisiana; three children riding in the back, including Mansfield’s 3-year-old daughter, Mariska Hargitay, survived. Jerusalem was re-unified as Israel removed barricades separating the Old City from the Israeli sector.
In 1978, actor Bob Crane of “Hogan’s Heroes” fame was found bludgeoned to death in an apartment in Scottsdale, Arizona, where he was appearing in a play; he was 49.
In 1988, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Morrison v. Olson, upheld the independent counsel law in a 7-1 decision (the sole dissenter was Justice Antonin Scalia).
In 1995, the space shuttle Atlantis and the Russian Mir space station linked in orbit, beginning a historic five-day voyage as a single ship. A department store in Seoul (sohl), South Korea, collapsed, killing at least 500 people. Actress Lana Turner died in Century City, California, at age 74.
In 2003, actress Katharine Hepburn died in Old Saybrook, Connecticut, at age 96.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 29, 2018, 01:30:21 PM
Ten years ago: Zimbabwe’s longtime ruler Robert Mugabe was swornin as president for a sixth term after a widely discredited runoff in which he was the only candidate. Two weeks away from her 20th birthday, Inbee Park became the youngest winner of the U.S. Women’s Open by closing with a 2-under 71 at Interlachen in Edina, Minnesota. Spain won the European Championship 1-0 over Germany for its first major title in 44 years.

Five years ago: Paying tribute to his personal hero, President Barack Obama met privately in Johannesburg, South Africa, with Nelson Mandela’s family as the world anxiously awaited news on the condition of the hospitalized 94-year-old anti-apartheid leader. (Mandela was discharged from the hospital on September 1, 2013; he died the following December.)

One year ago: A scaled-back version of President Donald Trump’s travel ban took effect, stripped of provisions that brought protests and chaos at airports worldwide in January. South Korea’s new leader, Moon Jae-in, dined with President Trump at the White House as part of an effort to reassure Washington that he would coordinate closely on dealing with the North Korean threat. President Trump nominated Indiana’s health commissioner, Dr. Jerome Adams, to serve as the next U.S. surgeon general.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: ss2 on June 29, 2018, 01:31:11 PM
[...]

Sweet!  some nice ones there!
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 29, 2018, 01:34:27 PM
Today’s Birthdays: Movie producer Robert Evans is 88. Songwriter L. Russell Brown is 78. Singer-songwriter Garland Jeffreys is 75. Actor Gary Busey is 74. Comedian Richard Lewis is 71. Actor-turned-politican-turned-radio personality Fred Grandy is 70. Rock musician Ian Paice (Deep Purple) is 70. Singer Don Dokken (Dokken) is 65. Rock singer Colin Hay (Men At Work) is 65. Actress Maria Conchita Alonso is 63. Actress Kimberlin Brown (TV: “The Bold and the Beautiful”) is 57. Actress Sharon Lawrence is 57. Actress Amanda Donohoe is 56. Actress Judith Hoag is 55. Violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter is 55. Rhythm and blues singer Stedman Pearson (Five Star) is 54. Actress Kathleen Wilhoite is 54. Producer-writer Matthew Weiner is 53. Musician Dale Baker is 52. Actress Melora Hardin is 51. Actor Brian D’Arcy James is 50. Actress Christina Chang is 47. Rap DJ Shadow is 46. Actor-dancer Will Kemp is 41. Actress Zuleikha Robinson is 41. Country musician Todd Sansom (Marshall Dyllon) is 40. Singer Nicole Scherzinger is 40. Comedian-writer Colin Jost (johst) is 36. Actress Lily Rabe is 36. Rhythm and blues singer Aundrea Fimbres is 35. Actress Camila Mendes (TV: “Riverdale”) is 24.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 01:34:45 PM
https://www.jrcigars.com/brand/room-101-cigars/room-101-ltd-namakubi

Code: BIRTHDAY15A1 for additional 15% with the free shipping, $59.08 final cost

You're all welcome...and GFY's!!!
Thank you for enabling. Can't pass up for sub $3.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 29, 2018, 01:35:01 PM
Thought for Today: “A hypocrite is a person who — but who isn’t?” — Don Marquis, American journalist-author (1878-1937).
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 29, 2018, 01:35:44 PM
Sorry I made you wait Deano….guess that doesn't happen much any more...
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 01:36:31 PM
Sorry I made you wait Deano….guess that doesn't happen much any more...
Definitely TNWSS.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 01:37:13 PM
Time to head downstairs and find something to eat. Maybe some leftover lasagna?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 01:43:14 PM
https://www.jrcigars.com/brand/room-101-cigars/room-101-ltd-namakubi

Code: BIRTHDAY15A1 for additional 15% with the free shipping, $59.08 final cost

You're all welcome...and GFY's!!!
The prodigal hump returns!
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: ss2 on June 29, 2018, 01:43:34 PM
https://www.jrcigars.com/brand/room-101-cigars/room-101-ltd-namakubi

Code: BIRTHDAY15A1 for additional 15% with the free shipping, $59.08 final cost

You're all welcome...and GFY's!!!
Thank you for enabling. Can't pass up for sub $3.
+1 Already hit it.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: ss2 on June 29, 2018, 01:44:33 PM
Time to head downstairs and find something to eat. Maybe some leftover lasagna?
To celebrate that glowing Dr's report?  :P
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 01:47:06 PM
Time to head downstairs and find something to eat. Maybe some leftover lasagna?
To celebrate that glowing Dr's report?
D'oh!  I'll pick up the dieting again after 4th July. Or maybe the 7th? When is national doughnut day again?
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 01:55:22 PM
Time to head downstairs and find something to eat. Maybe some leftover lasagna?
To celebrate that glowing Dr's report?
D'oh!  I'll pick up the dieting again after 4th July. Or maybe the 7th? When is national doughnut day again?
The fact that you intend to pick it up again is half the battle.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 29, 2018, 01:58:01 PM
https://www.jrcigars.com/brand/room-101-cigars/room-101-ltd-namakubi

Code: BIRTHDAY15A1 for additional 15% with the free shipping, $59.08 final cost

You're all welcome...and GFY's!!!
The prodigal hump returns!
[...and bearing gifts!]
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 02:04:07 PM
https://www.jrcigars.com/brand/room-101-cigars/room-101-ltd-namakubi

Code: BIRTHDAY15A1 for additional 15% with the free shipping, $59.08 final cost

You're all welcome...and GFY's!!!
The prodigal hump returns!
[...and bearing gifts!]
That's why I chose hump instead of something worse. ;)
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 29, 2018, 02:19:23 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: ss2 on June 29, 2018, 02:22:43 PM
Hazzuh!
Later!  Be careful with those brakes!
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on June 29, 2018, 02:22:56 PM
Sorry I made you wait Deano….guess that doesn't happen much any more...
not a problem Dave, I only read the thought of the day.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 29, 2018, 02:31:47 PM
Hazzuh!
Talking Monday off... Which makes the next 90 minutes really tough.

Before you ask, I have some client meetings on Tuesday which prevented me from taking the really long weekend.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: ss2 on June 29, 2018, 03:56:40 PM
Unable to take an extended long weekend lull.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on June 29, 2018, 04:56:31 PM
WHERE THE HELL IS THE NEWS, BIRTHDAYS, AND THOUGHT FOR THE DAY?
Sheesh, you'd think this was a cigar site or something.
speaking of cigars.  new Holts deal of the day  https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?p=0&limit=all
Hmmm, Chief Cool Arrow robs for $4.25 ea, FS.  Tempting.  Anyone interested in a box split?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/room-101-chief-cool-arrow-1.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/room-101-chief-cool-arrow-1.html)
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on June 29, 2018, 04:57:17 PM
Afternoon lululullers.  Back in the work man cave with a Laranja.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 29, 2018, 05:25:53 PM
WHERE THE HELL IS THE NEWS, BIRTHDAYS, AND THOUGHT FOR THE DAY?
Sheesh, you'd think this was a cigar site or something.
speaking of cigars.  new Holts deal of the day  https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?p=0&limit=all
Hmmm, Chief Cool Arrow robs for $4.25 ea, FS.  Tempting.  Anyone interested in a box split?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/room-101-chief-cool-arrow-1.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/room-101-chief-cool-arrow-1.html)
They are well worth a box purchase at that price.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 29, 2018, 05:29:22 PM
Afternoon lululullers.  Back in the work man cave with a Laranja.
Afternoon Bean

601 Blue lit, some thunderstorms around the area have cooled it off and nought to sit out.  Was a hot mofo earlier in the day.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on June 29, 2018, 06:22:07 PM
Afternoon lululullers.  Back in the work man cave with a Laranja.
Afternoon Bean

601 Blue lit, some thunderstorms around the area have cooled it off and nought to sit out.  Was a hot mofo earlier in the day.
Looks like most of the country is in for a hot spell this coming week.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on June 29, 2018, 06:22:33 PM
WHERE THE HELL IS THE NEWS, BIRTHDAYS, AND THOUGHT FOR THE DAY?
Sheesh, you'd think this was a cigar site or something.
speaking of cigars.  new Holts deal of the day  https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?p=0&limit=all
Hmmm, Chief Cool Arrow robs for $4.25 ea, FS.  Tempting.  Anyone interested in a box split?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/room-101-chief-cool-arrow-1.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/room-101-chief-cool-arrow-1.html)
They are well worth a box purchase at that price.
Yeah, think I'll pull the trigger and see if anyone wants to split it later.
Title: Re: 6/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on June 29, 2018, 10:28:34 PM
Trigger pulled lull.