CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on May 21, 2018, 12:31:33 AM

Title: 5/21/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on May 21, 2018, 12:31:33 AM
Monday again, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 21, 2018, 05:55:01 AM
Morning, all. Happy Monday jam!
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 21, 2018, 06:31:36 AM
Morning, all. Happy Monday jam!
Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 21, 2018, 06:32:52 AM
Morning Dave and Tony.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 21, 2018, 06:40:37 AM
On May 21, 1927, Charles A. Lindbergh landed his Spirit of St. Louis monoplane near Paris, completing the first solo airplane flight across the Atlantic Ocean in 33 1/2 hours.

On this date:
In 1542, Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto died while searching for gold along the Mississippi River.

In 1868, Ulysses S. Grant was nominated for president by the Republican national convention in Chicago.

In 1881, Clara Barton founded the American Red Cross.

In 1917, the Great Atlanta Fire broke out, burning 300 acres, destroying nearly 2,000 buildings and displacing some 10,000 residents.

In 1924, in a case that drew much notoriety, 14-year-old Bobby Franks was murdered in a “thrill killing” carried out by University of Chicago students Nathan Leopold Jr. and Richard Loeb (Bobby’s cousin).

In 1932, Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean as she landed in Northern Ireland, about 15 hours after leaving Newfoundland.

In 1945, actors Humphrey Bogart, 45, and Lauren Bacall, 20, were married at Malabar Farm in Lucas, Ohio (it was his fourth marriage, her first, and would last until Bogart’s death in 1957).

In 1955, Chuck Berry recorded his first single, “Maybellene,” for Chess Records in Chicago.

In 1972, Michelangelo’s Pieta, on display at the Vatican, was damaged by a hammer-wielding man who shouted he was Jesus Christ.

In 1982, during the Falklands War, British amphibious forces landed on the beach at San Carlos Bay.

In 1991, former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated during national elections by a suicide bomber.

In 1998, a teen gunman opened fire inside Thurston High School in Springfield, Oregon, killing two students, a day after he killed his parents. (The shooter was sentenced to nearly 112 years in prison.) In the wake of deadly protests, Indonesian President Suharto stepped down after 32 years in power.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 21, 2018, 06:41:09 AM
Ten years ago: Oil prices blew past $130 a barrel for the first time and gas prices climbed above $3.80 a gallon. Israel and Syria unexpectedly announced the resumption of peace talks after an eight-year break. David Cook won “American Idol” in a landslide over David Archuleta.

Five years ago: Former IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman told the Senate Finance Committee he first learned in the spring of 2012 that agents had improperly targeted political groups that vehemently opposed President Barack Obama’s policies, saying he decided to let the inspector general look into the matter. Singer Kellie Pickler and pro partner Derek Hough were named “Dancing with the Stars” champions.

One year ago: President Donald Trump, visiting Riyadh, implored Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries to extinguish “Islamic extremism” emanating from the region, describing a “battle between good and evil” rather than a clash between the West and Islam. North Korea fired a solid-fuel ballistic missile, saying the test was hailed as perfect by leader Kim Jong Un. The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus received its final standing ovation as it performed its last show at the Nassau County Coliseum in Uniondale, New York, ending a 146-year run. Sweden won the ice hockey world championship with a 2-1 shootout victory over two-time defending champion Canada.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 21, 2018, 06:41:32 AM
Today’s Birthdays: Rhythm-and-blues singer Ron Isley (The Isley Brothers) is 77. Rock musician Hilton Valentine (The Animals) is 75. Musician Bill Champlin is 71. Singer Leo Sayer is 70. Actress Carol Potter is 70. Former Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., is 67. Actor Mr. T is 66. Music producer Stan Lynch is 63. Actor Judge Reinhold is 61. Actor-director Nick Cassavetes is 59. Actor Brent Briscoe is 57. Actress Lisa Edelstein is 52. Actress Fairuza Balk is 44. Rock singer-musician Mikel Jollett (Airborne Toxic Event) is 44. Rapper Havoc (Mobb Deep) is 44. Rock musician Tony LoGerfo (Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real) is 35. Actor Sunkrish Bala is 34. Actor David Ajala is 32. Actress Ashlie Brillault is 31. Country singer Cody Johnson is 31. Actor Scott Leavenworth is 28. Actress Sarah Ramos is 27.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 21, 2018, 06:41:57 AM
Thought for Today: “If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other.” — Carl Schurz, American politician (1829-1906).
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 21, 2018, 06:59:11 AM
Morning Dave and Tony.
Hola, NJDave.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 21, 2018, 07:00:24 AM
Had to remove a dead baby 'possum from the yard this morning.
Thanks Dean.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 21, 2018, 07:01:04 AM
Morning Dave and Tony.
Hola, NJDave.
Soon to be DenverDave. (for the week anyway)
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 21, 2018, 07:01:42 AM
Looks like my long peaceful solitary life will be coming to an end....
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 21, 2018, 07:03:22 AM
Looks like my long peaceful solitary life will be coming to an end....
Son #1 accepted a position in North Jersey, and it appears he and his family (including two almost 3 year olds and a dog) will be moving in for a while during transition.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 21, 2018, 07:06:24 AM
Had to remove a dead baby 'possum from the yard this morning.
Thanks Dean.
Could have waited until a bird of prey picked it up.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 21, 2018, 07:07:13 AM
Looks like my long peaceful solitary life will be coming to an end....
Son #1 accepted a position in North Jersey, and it appears he and his family (including two almost 3 year olds and a dog) will be moving in for a while during transition.
You love it.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 21, 2018, 07:10:19 AM
Looks like my long peaceful solitary life will be coming to an end....
Son #1 accepted a position in North Jersey, and it appears he and his family (including two almost 3 year olds and a dog) will be moving in for a while during transition.
Gotta start buying the large pack of TP when you go grocery shopping!
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 21, 2018, 07:10:40 AM
Thought for Today: “If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other.” — Carl Schurz, American politician (1829-1906).
Unless they're 'animals'. ;)
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 21, 2018, 07:33:39 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. another rainy day. EPC 2nd and coffee.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 21, 2018, 07:35:28 AM
Had to remove a dead baby 'possum from the yard this morning.
Thanks Dean.
suppose to let me know before they die. harder to rescue.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 21, 2018, 07:36:23 AM
off to the ear doctor.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 21, 2018, 07:46:31 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. another rainy day. EPC 2nd and coffee.
Good morning, Dean.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 21, 2018, 07:47:13 AM
off to the ear doctor.
Make sure you put the cigar out before you go into the appt.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 21, 2018, 08:03:17 AM
Looks like my long peaceful solitary life will be coming to an end....
Son #1 accepted a position in North Jersey, and it appears he and his family (including two almost 3 year olds and a dog) will be moving in for a while during transition.
You love it.
Shall be far less boring for sure.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 21, 2018, 08:04:06 AM
Had to remove a dead baby 'possum from the yard this morning.
Thanks Dean.
Could have waited until a bird of prey picked it up.
There's enough around.  They just tend to leave a bit of a mess with the bits they don't like.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 21, 2018, 08:04:43 AM
Off to the friendly skies, have a good one all (3).
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: sfish on May 21, 2018, 08:05:03 AM
off to the ear doctor.
Huh!?
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 21, 2018, 08:13:40 AM
Had to remove a dead baby 'possum from the yard this morning.
Thanks Dean.
Could have waited until a bird of prey picked it up.
That would be for a live baby possum.  An already dead one requires a carrion eater.  Or the neighbor's cat.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 21, 2018, 08:14:24 AM
Off to the friendly skies, have a good one all (3).
Don't forget the gate rack report.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 21, 2018, 08:25:53 AM
Morning Dave, Tony, and EarDoctorDean.  Monday, sheesh.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 21, 2018, 08:37:08 AM
Morning Dave, Tony, and EarDoctorDean.  Monday, sheesh.
At least next Monday will be better.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 21, 2018, 08:47:00 AM
sonofabitch I'm a week early and the doctor they can't fit me in. it's MONDAY !!
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 21, 2018, 08:47:36 AM
off to the ear doctor.
Huh!?
what?
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 21, 2018, 08:48:39 AM
good morning Scott and Mark. heading back home.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 21, 2018, 08:54:23 AM
sonofabitch I'm a week early and the doctor they can't fit me in. it's MONDAY !!
(https://media.giphy.com/media/8WdsK61D9YOOc/200.gif)
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 21, 2018, 09:03:24 AM
Morning Dave, Tony, and EarDoctorDean.  Monday, sheesh.
At least next Monday will be better.
Indeed.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 21, 2018, 10:16:00 AM
Monday lull.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: razgueado on May 21, 2018, 10:18:23 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 21, 2018, 10:29:02 AM
Good morning Scott, Mark, Bret... And I assume Flip will be here before too long.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 21, 2018, 10:35:11 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, raz.  Happy Monday to ya.   ::)
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: razgueado on May 21, 2018, 10:36:56 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, raz.  Happy Monday to ya.   ::)
Thanks, Mark. Can I go home now?

Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 21, 2018, 10:50:15 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, raz.  Happy Monday to ya.   ::)
Thanks, Mark. Can I go home now?
Yes, the banterland committee for blowing off work has convened and approved your request.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 21, 2018, 11:09:41 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, raz.  Happy Monday to ya.   ::)
Thanks, Mark. Can I go home now?
Yes, the banterland committee for blowing off work has convened and approved your request.
Oh dang, had I known I would have put in my request hours ago.

Do you think my boss will take it as a threat if I tell him that I need a decision NOW if he's going to renew my contract or I'm walking out the door? It's not worth the Monday aggravation if I'm not gonna be here next week anyway.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: razgueado on May 21, 2018, 11:33:44 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, raz.  Happy Monday to ya.   ::)
Thanks, Mark. Can I go home now?
Yes, the banterland committee for blowing off work has convened and approved your request.
Oh dang, had I known I would have put in my request hours ago.

Do you think my boss will take it as a threat if I tell him that I need a decision NOW if he's going to renew my contract or I'm walking out the door? It's not worth the Monday aggravation if I'm not gonna be here next week anyway.
It's the UN. What do YOU think?
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 21, 2018, 11:36:22 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, raz.  Happy Monday to ya.   ::)
Thanks, Mark. Can I go home now?
Yes, the banterland committee for blowing off work has convened and approved your request.
Oh dang, had I known I would have put in my request hours ago.

Do you think my boss will take it as a threat if I tell him that I need a decision NOW if he's going to renew my contract or I'm walking out the door? It's not worth the Monday aggravation if I'm not gonna be here next week anyway.
The banterland committee works faster than any government agency, so I think you'll be waiting until 3 Tuesdays from now to find out.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on May 21, 2018, 12:30:03 PM
sonofabitch I'm a week early and the doctor they can't fit me in. it's MONDAY !!
they have these things, called calendars, that you can mark the appointment on.
good day, one and all.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on May 21, 2018, 12:30:28 PM
Good morning Scott, Mark, Bret... And I assume Flip will be here before too long.
he was reading....
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 21, 2018, 12:58:40 PM
Good morning Scott, Mark, Bret... And I assume Flip will be here before too long.
he was reading....
Don't you know reading is for nerds?
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 21, 2018, 12:58:50 PM
Good morning Scott, Mark, Bret... And I assume Flip will be here before too long.
he was reading....
It's fundamental.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 21, 2018, 01:06:53 PM
Good morning Scott, Mark, Bret... And I assume Flip will be here before too long.
he was reading....
It's fundamental.
(https://media.giphy.com/media/111ebonMs90YLu/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on May 21, 2018, 01:07:44 PM
Good morning Scott, Mark, Bret... And I assume Flip will be here before too long.
he was reading....
It's fundamental.
and good for you too!
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 21, 2018, 01:24:28 PM
Good morning Scott, Mark, Bret... And I assume Flip will be here before too long.
he was reading....
It's fundamental.
(https://media.giphy.com/media/111ebonMs90YLu/giphy.gif)
Is that a young Fish?
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 21, 2018, 01:46:42 PM
Good morning Scott, Mark, Bret... And I assume Flip will be here before too long.
he was reading....
It's fundamental.
(https://media.giphy.com/media/111ebonMs90YLu/giphy.gif)
Is that a young Fish?
Like looking into a time machine, isn't it?
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on May 21, 2018, 02:02:37 PM
looking at a replacement window air conditioner.  Current one has lasted more than 10 years, wife
says it is starting to sound funny.  it's a big 208/230 volt unit at least 18,000 BTU's maybe more.
it makes the dining room & living room comfortable during the summer(house built in the 20's, has steam heat
plaster walls, no duct work for central air). we get by with 3 air conditioners (finished basement stays kind of cool
 till August).   Sweet spot seems to be 25K BTU's under $600 for slide in chassis (install frame in window, slide in guts).
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 21, 2018, 02:24:54 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on May 21, 2018, 03:07:58 PM
Hazzuh!
bye Golf...
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 21, 2018, 07:19:49 PM
stopped at some hole in the wall smoke shop in Ocala for for a break. guy gifted me a Gurkha Park Ave out of his locker that he said had better than a year on it. I'm not a fan of Gurkhas but I remember I use to smoke the Park Ave years back. I felt bad that I had to part with a OOO beli I had in my pocket but what the hell. fired up the Grkha on the way home and it was surprisingly very good.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on May 21, 2018, 07:22:36 PM
stopped at some hole in the wall smoke shop in Ocala for for a break. guy gifted me a Gurkha Park Ave out of his locker that he said had better than a year on it. I'm not a fan of Gurkhas but I remember I use to smoke the Park Ave years back. I felt bad that I had to part with a OOO beli I had in my pocket but what the hell. fired up the Grkha on the way home and it was surprisingly very good.
some of them are, some not so much so....
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 21, 2018, 10:02:42 PM
stopped at some hole in the wall smoke shop in Ocala for for a break. guy gifted me a Gurkha Park Ave out of his locker that he said had better than a year on it. I'm not a fan of Gurkhas but I remember I use to smoke the Park Ave years back. I felt bad that I had to part with a OOO beli I had in my pocket but what the hell. fired up the Grkha on the way home and it was surprisingly very good.
That's an AJ Fernandez cigar.
Title: Re: 5/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 21, 2018, 10:04:09 PM
Baseball has been bery bery gewd to me. Boys won their game. Pizza for dinner.