CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 02, 2018, 12:00:36 AM

Title: 3/2/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on March 02, 2018, 12:00:36 AM
Happy Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 12:06:48 AM
Good job Tony!
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 12:07:03 AM
We on page 2 yet?
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 12:08:49 AM
Pretty pricy on those Camacho's at the Sis, even if there is a $20 gift card included.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 12:09:38 AM
As I'm off tomorrow, think I'll have a MOWPA before turning in.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 12:37:46 AM
As I'm off tomorrow, think I'll have a MOWPA before turning in.
I've gotta an early day tomorrow. Have a nice night, Dave.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 01:19:27 AM
See ya in a few Tony.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 05:39:51 AM
See ya in a few Tony.
Sheesh, it felt like only a couple...
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 05:53:23 AM
Morning, Tony. Kids got a snow day today. Luckily it's my WFH day, so I don't have to venture out in it. Though, it doesn't look like we got anywhere near the amount of snow they were calling for.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 05:55:51 AM
Morning, Tony. Kids got a snow day today. Luckily it's my WFH day, so I don't have to venture out in it. Though, it doesn't look like we got anywhere near the amount of snow they were calling for.
That doesn't sound so bad. Just raining like a mofo here. I'll take it over snow.

Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 06:06:23 AM
Morning, Tony. Kids got a snow day today. Luckily it's my WFH day, so I don't have to venture out in it. Though, it doesn't look like we got anywhere near the amount of snow they were calling for.
That doesn't sound so bad. Just raining like a mofo here. I'll take it over snow.

Good morning, Dave.
Yeah, that was us pretty much all day yesterday. Then the winds and cold front came through and turned it all to snow and ice. You'll probably see that later today.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 06:21:28 AM
Morning, Tony. Kids got a snow day today. Luckily it's my WFH day, so I don't have to venture out in it. Though, it doesn't look like we got anywhere near the amount of snow they were calling for.
That doesn't sound so bad. Just raining like a mofo here. I'll take it over snow.

Good morning, Dave.
Yeah, that was us pretty much all day yesterday. Then the winds and cold front came through and turned it all to snow and ice. You'll probably see that later today.
Awesome. Looking forward to it.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 07:09:53 AM
Crappy weather lull?
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 07:11:57 AM
Anticipation....
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 07:12:21 AM
Crappy weather lull?
It's a good day for hot chocolate lull.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 07:13:17 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 07:14:19 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Back atcha, UberDave. When do you turn the meter on today?
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 07:14:19 AM
Today is Friday, March 2, the 61st day of 2018. There are 304 days left in the year.
Today's Highlight in History:
On March 2, 1943, the three-day Battle of the Bismarck Sea began in the southwest Pacific during World War II; U.S. and Australian warplanes were able to inflict heavy damage on an Imperial Japanese convoy.
On this date:
In 1793, the first (and third) president of the Republic of Texas, Sam Houston, was born near Lexington, Virginia.
In 1836, the Republic of Texas formally declared its independence from Mexico.
In 1867, Howard University, a historically black school of higher learning in Washington, D.C., was founded. Congress passed, over President Andrew Johnson's veto, the first of four Reconstruction Acts.
In 1877, Republican Rutherford B. Hayes was declared the winner of the 1876 presidential election over Democrat Samuel J. Tilden, even though Tilden had won the popular vote.
In 1917, Puerto Ricans were granted U.S. citizenship as President Woodrow Wilson signed the Jones-Shafroth Act.
In 1933, the motion picture "King Kong" had its world premiere at New York's Radio City Music Hall and the Roxy.
In 1939, Roman Catholic Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli (puh-CHEL'-ee) was elected pope on his 63rd birthday; he took the name Pius XII. The Massachusetts legislature voted to ratify the Bill of Rights, 147 years after the first 10 amendments to the U.S. Constitution had gone into effect. (Georgia and Connecticut soon followed.)
In 1958, a multinational expedition led by British explorer Vivian Fuchs completed the first overland crossing of Antarctica by way of the South Pole in 99 days.
In 1965, the movie version of the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical "The Sound of Music," starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer, had its world premiere in New York.
In 1978, the remains of comedian Charles Chaplin were stolen by extortionists from his grave in Cosier-sur-Vevey, Switzerland. (The body was recovered near Lake Geneva 11 weeks later.)
In 1989, representatives from the 12 European Community nations agreed to ban all production of CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons), the synthetic compounds blamed for destroying the Earth's ozone layer, by the end of the 20th century.
In 1995, the Internet search engine website Yahoo! was incorporated by founders Jerry Yang and David Filo.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 07:15:02 AM
Ten years ago: Dmitry Medvedev, Vladimir Putin's hand-picked successor, scored a crushing victory in Russia's presidential election.

Five years ago: The day after $85 billion in across-the-board federal spending cuts went into effect, President Barack Obama and congressional Republicans refused to concede any culpability for failing to stave off the sequester. Alaska's 41st Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race kicked off with a festive ceremonial start in Anchorage.

One year ago: Under intensifying pressure, Attorney General Jeff Sessions abruptly agreed to recuse himself from any investigation into Russian meddling in America's 2016 presidential election, acting after revelations he twice spoke with the Russian ambassador during the campaign and failed to say so when pressed by Congress. Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson was confirmed as secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development on a Senate vote of 58-41; a few hours later, the Senate backed former Texas Gov. Rick Perry to be energy secretary, 62-37.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 07:15:30 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor John Cullum is 88. Author Tom Wolfe is 88. Former Soviet President and Nobel peace laureate Mikhail S. Gorbachev is 87. Actress Barbara Luna is 79. Author John Irving is 76. Actress Cassie Yates is 67. Actress Laraine Newman is 66. Former Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wis., is 65. Former Interior Secretary Ken Salazar is 63. Singer Jay Osmond is 63. Pop musician John Cowsill (The Cowsills) is 62. Tennis player Kevin Curren is 60. Country singer Larry Stewart (Restless Heart) is 59. Rock singer Jon Bon Jovi is 56. Blues singer-musician Alvin Youngblood Hart is 55. Actor Daniel Craig is 50. Actor Richard Ruccolo is 46. Rock musician Casey (Jimmie's Chicken Shack) is 42. Rock singer Chris Martin (Coldplay) is 41. Actress Heather McComb is 41. Actress Rebel Wilson is 38. Actress Bryce Dallas Howard is 37. NFL quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is 36. Musician Mike "McDuck" Olson (Lake Street Dive) is 35. Actor Robert Iler is 33. Actress Nathalie Emmanuel is 29. Singer-rapper-actress Becky G is 21.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 07:15:52 AM
Thought for Today: "Humor has a tremendous place in this sordid world. It's more than just a matter of laughing. If you can see things out of whack, then you can see how things can be in whack." - Theodor Seuss Geisel (GY'-zuhl), AKA "Dr. Seuss," American children's author (born this date in 1904, died 1991).
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 07:28:59 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Good morning, Dave. What time is your daughter's flight?
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 07:47:54 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Good morning, Dave. What time is your daughter's flight?
6:30 this evening.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 07:49:37 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Good morning, Dave. What time is your daughter's flight?
6:30 this evening.
Not the best day/week to be travelling....  our storm here, she's flying into Heathrow that was all but closed yesterday with a wild storm they are having there, and Italy has been cold and rainy/snowy.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 07:51:25 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Good morning, Dave. What time is your daughter's flight?
6:30 this evening.
Not the best day/week to be travelling....  our storm here, she's flying into Heathrow that was all but closed yesterday with a wild storm they are having there, and Italy has been cold and rainy/snowy.
I'm sure she'll have a good time when she gets there in any case.  Working full time and going to school isn't easy, needs a break.  She and a friend are going to see an ex-roommate who is married to an Air Force pilot and stationed there.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 07:54:16 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Good morning, Dave. What time is your daughter's flight?
6:30 this evening.
Not the best day/week to be travelling....  our storm here, she's flying into Heathrow that was all but closed yesterday with a wild storm they are having there, and Italy has been cold and rainy/snowy.
I have a friend that lives in Ireland, and they've been getting snow as well. Pretty much shutting everything down for them.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 07:59:26 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Good morning, Dave. What time is your daughter's flight?
6:30 this evening.
Not the best day/week to be travelling....  our storm here, she's flying into Heathrow that was all but closed yesterday with a wild storm they are having there, and Italy has been cold and rainy/snowy.
I'm sure she'll have a good time when she gets there in any case.  Working full time and going to school isn't easy, needs a break.  She and a friend are going to see an ex-roommate who is married to an Air Force pilot and stationed there.
Have a nice schedule... visiting in the north Piancavallo, Prosecco Region (Conegliano, Follina), Venice, then a bit south to Florence, Assisi.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 08:00:29 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Good morning, Dave. What time is your daughter's flight?
6:30 this evening.
Not the best day/week to be travelling....  our storm here, she's flying into Heathrow that was all but closed yesterday with a wild storm they are having there, and Italy has been cold and rainy/snowy.
I have a friend that lives in Ireland, and they've been getting snow as well. Pretty much shutting everything down for them.
Our plant is in Tullamore, they shut down yesterday.  They are about as well equipped to deal with snow as the Carolina's.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 08:05:07 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Good morning, Dave. What time is your daughter's flight?
6:30 this evening.
Not the best day/week to be travelling....  our storm here, she's flying into Heathrow that was all but closed yesterday with a wild storm they are having there, and Italy has been cold and rainy/snowy.
I have a friend that lives in Ireland, and they've been getting snow as well. Pretty much shutting everything down for them.
Our plant is in Tullamore, they shut down yesterday.  They are about as well equipped to deal with snow as the Carolina's.
Lol, exactly. She posted a picture of I think Newcastle Beach, near her house, and it had a light dusting of snow. Time for panic!
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 08:12:35 AM
Hah!  West Virginia student gets wasted, schedules Uber to take him home....ends up home, home in NJ.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/03/02/drunk-man-blacks-out-takes-1-600-uber-ride-new-jersey-west-virginia-party/388056002/
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 09:01:15 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Good morning, Dave. What time is your daughter's flight?
6:30 this evening.
Not the best day/week to be travelling....  our storm here, she's flying into Heathrow that was all but closed yesterday with a wild storm they are having there, and Italy has been cold and rainy/snowy.
I'm sure she'll have a good time when she gets there in any case.  Working full time and going to school isn't easy, needs a break.  She and a friend are going to see an ex-roommate who is married to an Air Force pilot and stationed there.
The food will be good. Guaranteed.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 09:12:46 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Good morning, Dave. What time is your daughter's flight?
6:30 this evening.
Not the best day/week to be travelling....  our storm here, she's flying into Heathrow that was all but closed yesterday with a wild storm they are having there, and Italy has been cold and rainy/snowy.
I'm sure she'll have a good time when she gets there in any case.  Working full time and going to school isn't easy, needs a break.  She and a friend are going to see an ex-roommate who is married to an Air Force pilot and stationed there.
The food will be good. Guaranteed.
For sure.  A bit different from the "standard" Italian available here.  Hope she like risotto and polenta (AKA Italian grits).
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 09:13:49 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Good morning, Dave. What time is your daughter's flight?
6:30 this evening.
Not the best day/week to be travelling....  our storm here, she's flying into Heathrow that was all but closed yesterday with a wild storm they are having there, and Italy has been cold and rainy/snowy.
I'm sure she'll have a good time when she gets there in any case.  Working full time and going to school isn't easy, needs a break.  She and a friend are going to see an ex-roommate who is married to an Air Force pilot and stationed there.
The food will be good. Guaranteed.
I feel like if I went to Italy, I'd struggle to do any sightseeing. I'd just want to eat the entire time.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 09:14:10 AM
Somehow, I've never seen much of Italy.  Only been to Milan.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 09:15:04 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Good morning, Dave. What time is your daughter's flight?
6:30 this evening.
Not the best day/week to be travelling....  our storm here, she's flying into Heathrow that was all but closed yesterday with a wild storm they are having there, and Italy has been cold and rainy/snowy.
I'm sure she'll have a good time when she gets there in any case.  Working full time and going to school isn't easy, needs a break.  She and a friend are going to see an ex-roommate who is married to an Air Force pilot and stationed there.
The food will be good. Guaranteed.
I feel like if I went to Italy, I'd struggle to do any sightseeing. I'd just want to eat the entire time.
You sightsee while walking off meals to make room for the next.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 09:15:27 AM
Wonder if they have Pizza Hut there?
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 09:30:53 AM
Morning again Tony, and good home day to you SnowDave.
Good morning, Dave. What time is your daughter's flight?
6:30 this evening.
Not the best day/week to be travelling....  our storm here, she's flying into Heathrow that was all but closed yesterday with a wild storm they are having there, and Italy has been cold and rainy/snowy.
I'm sure she'll have a good time when she gets there in any case.  Working full time and going to school isn't easy, needs a break.  She and a friend are going to see an ex-roommate who is married to an Air Force pilot and stationed there.
The food will be good. Guaranteed.
I feel like if I went to Italy, I'd struggle to do any sightseeing. I'd just want to eat the entire time.
You sightsee while walking off meals to make room for the next.
Now we've got a plan starting to come together.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2018, 09:43:17 AM
good morning guys. Happy 5th Monday. I have a brown box from the Page out for delivery. I'm guessing by 1-2 o'clock. the one from the Sis ordered the same day may make it Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
AF Cuban corona and coffee while the lady plays on my computer.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2018, 09:46:16 AM
I was talking to Rick in Buffalo yesterday. they were predicting 18" of snow today, I see they dropped it to 2". if Buffalo was female I'm sure she'd be pissed.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 09:53:26 AM
good morning guys. Happy 5th Monday. I have a brown box from the Page out for delivery. I'm guessing by 1-2 o'clock. the one from the Sis ordered the same day may make it Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
AF Cuban corona and coffee while the lady plays on my computer.
Is that what she calls it?
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 09:53:53 AM
Morning Mr. Dean.  How you feeling today?
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2018, 10:00:06 AM
ordered a sign for my front door. hopefully it'll keep the Jehovah's Witnesses at bay and other solicitors.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2018, 10:00:44 AM
Morning Mr. Dean.  How you feeling today?
much better thank you.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2018, 10:02:29 AM
good morning guys. Happy 5th Monday. I have a brown box from the Page out for delivery. I'm guessing by 1-2 o'clock. the one from the Sis ordered the same day may make it Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
AF Cuban corona and coffee while the lady plays on my computer.
Is that what she calls it?
she's ordering dog meds.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 10:02:54 AM
ordered a sign for my front door. hopefully it'll keep the Jehovah's Witnesses at bay and other solicitors.
But what will it attract?
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 10:03:44 AM
good morning guys. Happy 5th Monday. I have a brown box from the Page out for delivery. I'm guessing by 1-2 o'clock. the one from the Sis ordered the same day may make it Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
AF Cuban corona and coffee while the lady plays on my computer.
Is that what she calls it?
she's ordering dog meds.
Puppy uppers, doggie downers?
Sorry...bit of a flashback.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 10:23:33 AM
good morning guys. Happy 5th Monday. I have a brown box from the Page out for delivery. I'm guessing by 1-2 o'clock. the one from the Sis ordered the same day may make it Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
AF Cuban corona and coffee while the lady plays on my computer.
Is that what she calls it?
she's ordering dog meds.
This euphemism is getting more difficult to follow.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 10:23:55 AM
ordered a sign for my front door. hopefully it'll keep the Jehovah's Witnesses at bay and other solicitors.
If that doesn't do it, nothing will.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 10:24:15 AM
ordered a sign for my front door. hopefully it'll keep the Jehovah's Witnesses at bay and other solicitors.
But what will it attract?
I'm not sure how picky he is, generally.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 10:26:50 AM
I was talking to Rick in Buffalo yesterday. they were predicting 18" of snow today, I see they dropped it to 2". if Buffalo was female I'm sure she'd be pissed.
They were saying 2-5 inches for us, and we probably got 1. The storm definitely didn't turn into what they thought it would, at least for our area.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 10:27:18 AM
I was talking to Rick in Buffalo yesterday. they were predicting 18" of snow today, I see they dropped it to 2". if Buffalo was female I'm sure she'd be pissed.
They were saying 2-5 inches for us, and we probably got 1. The storm definitely didn't turn into what they thought it would, at least for our area.
Though, the wind was crazy. Lots of people lost power, and they closed schools because of it.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: ss2 on March 02, 2018, 10:34:56 AM
Mornin all.  High wind on the Eastern Shore of MD, and Wilm DE, but no school closures or snow.  Baltimore and most of the Western Shore of MD did close schools for the day though with 12,000 or so souls out of power as of 7:30 this morning.  My daughter teaches school in Baltimore County (not to be confused with the City) and they are off today.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: ss2 on March 02, 2018, 10:37:29 AM
only ever had 1 of these and don't even remember whether I liked it or not.  holts flash sale for "The Griffins"  http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 10:42:22 AM
Some Dr. Seuss quotes for the day:

“Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind!”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”

“If you never did you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.”

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

“It is fun to have fun but you have to know how.”

“Everything stinks till it’s finished.”

“You’re in pretty good shape for the shape you are in.”

“I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.”
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 10:43:55 AM
only ever had 1 of these and don't even remember whether I liked it or not.  holts flash sale for "The Griffins"  http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html
Very mild cigar.  Don't need strength, but do need flavor.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 10:47:29 AM
only ever had 1 of these and don't even remember whether I liked it or not.  holts flash sale for "The Griffins"  http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html
Very mild cigar.  Don't need strength, but do need flavor.
Have you had that one? That's different than the original.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2018, 10:55:27 AM
ordered a sign for my front door. hopefully it'll keep the Jehovah's Witnesses at bay and other solicitors.
But what will it attract?
not worried about who it attracts, more concerned about repelling a few choice people.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: ss2 on March 02, 2018, 10:56:17 AM
only ever had 1 of these and don't even remember whether I liked it or not.  holts flash sale for "The Griffins"  http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html
Very mild cigar.  Don't need strength, but do need flavor.
Ahh, good observation.  thanks!  playing around with some monster sales.  hard to find deals there.  seem to sell 5pks for what everyone else sells 10pks for.  Did grab a DE Tabac sampler for the girls when they stop over, a 10pk of Immortals, a under crown toro 3-pk , and a couple of other things.  with Catsrule, around $62.00.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 11:02:30 AM
Mornin all.  High wind on the Eastern Shore of MD, and Wilm DE, but no school closures or snow.  Baltimore and most of the Western Shore of MD did close schools for the day though with 12,000 or so souls out of power as of 7:30 this morning.  My daughter teaches school in Baltimore County (not to be confused with the City) and they are off today.
Good Day Sam.  My son in Frederick is currently without power.  Snowing pretty good here.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 11:03:16 AM
only ever had 1 of these and don't even remember whether I liked it or not.  holts flash sale for "The Griffins"  http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html
Very mild cigar.  Don't need strength, but do need flavor.
Have you had that one? That's different than the original.
No, haven't had the Nicaragua.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 11:04:16 AM
only ever had 1 of these and don't even remember whether I liked it or not.  holts flash sale for "The Griffins"  http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html
Very mild cigar.  Don't need strength, but do need flavor.
Ahh, good observation.  thanks!  playing around with some monster sales.  hard to find deals there.  seem to sell 5pks for what everyone else sells 10pks for.  Did grab a DE Tabac sampler for the girls when they stop over, a 10pk of Immortals, a under crown toro 3-pk , and a couple of other things.  with Catsrule, around $62.00.
Catsrule is the only saving grace there.  I'm a little surprised it's stayed around as long as it has.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 11:08:56 AM
only ever had 1 of these and don't even remember whether I liked it or not.  holts flash sale for "The Griffins"  http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html
Very mild cigar.  Don't need strength, but do need flavor.
Ahh, good observation.  thanks!  playing around with some monster sales.  hard to find deals there.  seem to sell 5pks for what everyone else sells 10pks for.  Did grab a DE Tabac sampler for the girls when they stop over, a 10pk of Immortals, a under crown toro 3-pk , and a couple of other things.  with Catsrule, around $62.00.
Catsrule is the only saving grace there.  I'm a little surprised it's stayed around as long as it has.
It's almost like someone forgot to turn it off. It's like the CG17 code at Famous.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: ss2 on March 02, 2018, 11:45:27 AM
only ever had 1 of these and don't even remember whether I liked it or not.  holts flash sale for "The Griffins"  http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html
Very mild cigar.  Don't need strength, but do need flavor.
Ahh, good observation.  thanks!  playing around with some monster sales.  hard to find deals there.  seem to sell 5pks for what everyone else sells 10pks for.  Did grab a DE Tabac sampler for the girls when they stop over, a 10pk of Immortals, a under crown toro 3-pk , and a couple of other things.  with Catsrule, around $62.00.
Catsrule is the only saving grace there.  I'm a little surprised it's stayed around as long as it has.
It's almost like someone forgot to turn it off. It's like the CG17 code at Famous.
Well, I'm sure as hell not going to tell them.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 11:56:17 AM
Catsrule lull?
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 12:11:43 PM
Monster decent offer of EPC Elencos Actor Mayor 5/$32.95 solid after discount.  Pistoff Kristoff also good (not great) with discount.  Tabac sampler 5/$18.98, Nica Rustica El Brujito 10/$47.98, Jamie Garcia Reserva Robusto 5/$25.98 all good with discount.  Sobremesa's a rip off.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 12:12:34 PM
SBC offer for today:

Fantastic Friday

Today we have two specials on some great boutique brands!

CODE: FANTASTIC = 17% off + 5% in reward points off the brands below.

CODE: FRIDAY = 23% off plus 5% in reward points off brands below on orders $200+

Crux
Dapper Cigars
Nomad
MLB Cigars
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2018, 12:32:10 PM
early delivery.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on March 02, 2018, 01:06:30 PM
Morning, Tony. Kids got a snow day today. Luckily it's my WFH day, so I don't have to venture out in it. Though, it doesn't look like we got anywhere near the amount of snow they were calling for.
That doesn't sound so bad. Just raining like a mofo here. I'll take it over snow.

Good morning, Dave.
Yeah, you don't have to shovel rain....
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on March 02, 2018, 01:12:17 PM
Somehow, I've never seen much of Italy.  Only been to Milan.
Roma, Firenze, Venice, Bari, Milan, then the little towns with family
Grassano, Villa Col di Cannali, Costa Charro, and Castel Baronia.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on March 02, 2018, 01:14:20 PM
ordered a sign for my front door. hopefully it'll keep the Jehovah's Witnesses at bay and other solicitors.
Just tell them you are a Druid, and you want to talk to them
about praying to trees.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: ss2 on March 02, 2018, 01:16:35 PM
Morning, Tony. Kids got a snow day today. Luckily it's my WFH day, so I don't have to venture out in it. Though, it doesn't look like we got anywhere near the amount of snow they were calling for.
That doesn't sound so bad. Just raining like a mofo here. I'll take it over snow.

Good morning, Dave.
Yeah, you don't have to shovel rain....
Well, when i was a kid (about 2 or 3 hundred years ago) our basement used to flood after a hard rain.  my father & I had to use barn shovels to shovel the water up into a 5-gal bucket which we carried up the outside basement steps and dumped for about a 1/2 a day at a time.  so, yes, you can shovel rain..  Hi Flip!
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on March 02, 2018, 01:19:02 PM
early delivery.
hope those lighters were free or under $3 apiece.  fake carbon fibre, tricky to light.
nice cigar choices...
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on March 02, 2018, 01:24:29 PM
Morning, Tony. Kids got a snow day today. Luckily it's my WFH day, so I don't have to venture out in it. Though, it doesn't look like we got anywhere near the amount of snow they were calling for.
That doesn't sound so bad. Just raining like a mofo here. I'll take it over snow.

Good morning, Dave.
Yeah, you don't have to shovel rain....
Well, when i was a kid (about 2 or 3 hundred years ago) our basement used to flood after a hard rain.  my father & I had to use barn shovels to shovel the water up into a 5-gal bucket which we carried up the outside basement steps and dumped for about a 1/2 a day at a time.  so, yes, you can shovel rain..  Hi Flip!
but if it stays outside, not much of a necessity.  when my parents built their home, the land had a very high water table.  So a sump pump in the basement floor was called for, and orangeburg pipe, with holes, from under the cellar floor
drained to the sump hole.  eventually some cracks in the walls were widened, stuffed with oakum and lead wool, and then lead to "french drains"  along the wall and covered with hydraulic cement.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2018, 01:28:49 PM
early delivery.
hope those lighters were free or under $3 apiece.  fake carbon fibre, tricky to light.
nice cigar choices...
free, I tried deleting them from the order but they showed up anyway. Trashed.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2018, 02:20:40 PM
Crappy lighter lull/hazzuh
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 02:21:12 PM
Finally lunchtime. Sheesh. How goes it here on the banter this afternoon?
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 02:27:18 PM
I was talking to Rick in Buffalo yesterday. they were predicting 18" of snow today, I see they dropped it to 2". if Buffalo was female I'm sure she'd be pissed.
Or relieved.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 02:30:01 PM
Great avvy today, NJDave.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 02:31:25 PM
only ever had 1 of these and don't even remember whether I liked it or not.  holts flash sale for "The Griffins"  http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html
Had one recently. Nice morning stick but usually pretty pricey.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 02:37:27 PM
Crappy lighter lull/hazzuh
Those lighters really do suck ass. I actually have one with me here. Not sure why I haven't tossed it yet.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 02:38:44 PM
All caught up. PWMAO!
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on March 02, 2018, 03:29:40 PM
Crappy lighter lull/hazzuh
Those lighters really do suck ass. I actually have one with me here. Not sure why I haven't tossed it yet.
it came empty, and you put butane into it... don't like to waste butane.
Me I gave mine away, Shadow uses it as a sobriety test.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2018, 04:19:48 PM
got white clam sauce built for dinner with ziti. should be ready by 5:30.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2018, 04:37:13 PM
before dinner smoke.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2018, 04:39:12 PM
Crappy lighter lull/hazzuh
Those lighters really do suck ass. I actually have one with me here. Not sure why I haven't tossed it yet.
it came empty, and you put butane into it... don't like to waste butane.
Me I gave mine away, Shadow uses it as a sobriety test.
I just tossed them in the garbage after the picture. had some from CF 2013 that I treated the same way.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 05:15:01 PM
early delivery.
Almost better than a redhead visit!!!
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 05:16:00 PM
All caught up. PWMAO!
We have much different definitions of proper PWing.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 05:18:23 PM
Just got back from the airport.  Once off the turnpike, multiple roads closed or detoured.  Multiple traffic lights out, trees and branches down.  Glad I got home before regular rush started.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 05:38:36 PM
Crappy lighter lull/hazzuh
Those lighters really do suck ass. I actually have one with me here. Not sure why I haven't tossed it yet.
it came empty, and you put butane into it... don't like to waste butane.
Me I gave mine away, Shadow uses it as a sobriety test.
Hahaha. You need both hands to be able to light it, that's for sure.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 05:38:46 PM
Just read a fun article about steel mills in America to be protected by Trumpfs tariff are not all American owned....Russian, Luxembourg, Brazil, Mexico...
Three of the nine executives at his announcement were from foreign owned companies!
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 05:39:24 PM
got white clam sauce built for dinner with ziti. should be ready by 5:30.
Dinner should be ready. Oh boy!
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 05:41:54 PM
Just got back from the airport.  Once off the turnpike, multiple roads closed or detoured.  Multiple traffic lights out, trees and branches down.  Glad I got home before regular rush started.
I'm sitting in regular rush, as I post this. The good news is that my final meeting of the day went well and all the CYA work I did over the last two days was worth it.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 05:48:40 PM
got white clam sauce built for dinner with ziti. should be ready by 5:30.
Dinner should be ready. Oh boy!
Think that is the same that I'll be having for dinner...but I'm going out and ordering.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 05:49:46 PM
Just got back from the airport.  Once off the turnpike, multiple roads closed or detoured.  Multiple traffic lights out, trees and branches down.  Glad I got home before regular rush started.
I'm sitting in regular rush, as I post this. The good news is that my final meeting of the day went well and all the CYA work I did over the last two days was worth it.
Lucky you're doing  a bus.  Just saw that Amtrak is suspending service, and other lines facing delays.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 05:51:33 PM
Just got back from the airport.  Once off the turnpike, multiple roads closed or detoured.  Multiple traffic lights out, trees and branches down.  Glad I got home before regular rush started.
I'm sitting in regular rush, as I post this. The good news is that my final meeting of the day went well and all the CYA work I did over the last two days was worth it.
Lucky you're doing  a bus.  Just saw that Amtrak is suspending service, and other lines facing delays.
Trains have been really fucked lately. I still get all the texts from NJTransit. Don't get me wrong, buses suck too just not as badly.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 05:54:00 PM
Just got back from the airport.  Once off the turnpike, multiple roads closed or detoured.  Multiple traffic lights out, trees and branches down.  Glad I got home before regular rush started.
I'm sitting in regular rush, as I post this. The good news is that my final meeting of the day went well and all the CYA work I did over the last two days was worth it.
Lucky you're doing  a bus.  Just saw that Amtrak is suspending service, and other lines facing delays.
Trains have been really fucked lately. I still get all the texts from NJTransit. Don't get me wrong, buses suck too just not as badly.
Speaking of which, I just received the following text since my last post:

Subject:NJ Transit Alerts
UPDATE: Train service in and out of Penn Station New York is subject to up to 90 minute delays...
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 07:01:25 PM
Flight got off on time.  Hopefully it won't be too bumpy a ride over the pond.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 07:05:09 PM
Snow is blowing right, blowing left, going up, some even going down.  Luckily not accumulating.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Threebean on March 02, 2018, 09:05:07 PM
Evening dinner time PW's.  Damn the wind is howling!  Wendy's carryout salad here.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 10:25:27 PM
Evening dinner time PW's.  Damn the wind is howling!  Wendy's carryout salad here.
Sounds thrilling, can't do better than that?
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 10:25:51 PM
Not a lounge to be found in the area?
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 10:26:31 PM
Heading back in the morning?
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 10:27:25 PM
Flight service should be back on track tomorrow.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 10:57:10 PM
No one else may be home, but we'll take it to page 8 for the night.

Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2018, 11:06:42 PM
Evening dinner time PW's.  Damn the wind is howling!  Wendy's carryout salad here.
Sounds thrilling, can't do better than that?
I made a shrimp scampi dish with crusty bread for soaking up the broth.
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 11:10:16 PM
On to the weekend...
Title: Re: 3/2/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2018, 11:10:34 PM
On to the weekend...
Even if we get blown into it.