CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on February 09, 2018, 12:01:16 AM

Title: 2/9/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on February 09, 2018, 12:01:16 AM
Happy Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 09, 2018, 06:18:42 AM
Happy real Friday, y'alls.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 06:44:37 AM
Morning Mr. Tony, TGIF!
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 06:46:58 AM
Another CI Jam...well kinda, now offering Villager Export packs....
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 06:50:04 AM
Today is Friday, Feb. 9, the 40th day of 2018. There are 325 days left in the year.
Today's Highlight in History:
On Feb. 9, 1943, the World War II battle of Guadalcanal in the southwest Pacific ended with an Allied victory over Japanese forces.
On this date:
In 1773, the ninth president of the United States, William Henry Harrison, was born in Charles City County, Virginia.
In 1825, the House of Representatives elected John Quincy Adams president after no candidate received a majority of electoral votes.
In 1861, Jefferson Davis was elected provisional president of the Confederate States of America at a congress held in Montgomery, Alabama.
In 1870, the U.S. Weather Bureau was established.
In 1893, Giuseppe Verdi's last opera, "Falstaff," was first performed in Milan, Italy.
In 1942, the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff held its first formal meeting to coordinate military strategy during World War II. Daylight-saving "War Time" went into effect in the United States, with clocks moved one hour forward. The SS Normandie, a former French liner being refitted for the U.S. Navy at a New York pier, caught fire (it capsized early the next morning).
In 1950, in a speech in Wheeling, West Virginia, Sen. Joseph McCarthy, R-Wis., charged the State Department was riddled with Communists.
In 1964, The Beatles made their first live American television appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show," broadcast from New York on CBS.
In 1971, a magnitude 6.6 earthquake in California's San Fernando Valley claimed 65 lives. The crew of Apollo 14 returned to Earth after man's third landing on the moon.
In 1984, Soviet leader Yuri V. Andropov, 69, died 15 months after succeeding Leonid Brezhnev; he was followed by Konstantin U. Chernenko (chehr-NYEN'-koh).
In 1991, voters in Lithuania overwhelmingly endorsed independence from the Soviet Union in a non-binding plebiscite.
In 2002, Britain's Princess Margaret, sister of Queen Elizabeth II, died in London at age 71.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 06:50:35 AM
Ten years ago: Democrat Barack Obama swept the Louisiana primary and caucuses in Nebraska and Washington state; Republican Mike Huckabee outpolled John McCain in the Kansas caucuses and Louisiana primary, while McCain won the Washington caucuses. A suicide bomber blasted a political gathering in northwestern Pakistan, killing at least 27 people. Space shuttle Atlantis, carrying a European-built science lab, docked with the international space station.

Five years ago: Hundreds of mourners and dignitaries, including first lady Michelle Obama, packed the funeral service for Hadiya Pendleton, a 15-year-old honor student who was shot and killed Jan. 29 as she stood with friends at a neighborhood park about a mile from President Barack Obama's Chicago home in the Kenwood neighborhood.

One year ago: A federal appeals court refused to reinstate President Donald Trump's ban on travelers from seven predominantly Muslim nations, unanimously rejecting the administration's claim of presidential authority, questioning its motives and concluding that the order was unlikely to survive legal challenges. President Donald Trump reaffirmed America's long-standing "one China" policy in a phone call with Chinese President Xi Jinping, potentially alleviating concerns about a major shift in Washington's relations with Beijing.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 06:50:58 AM
Today's Birthdays: Television journalist Roger Mudd is 90. Actress Janet Suzman is 79. Nobel Prize-winning author J.M. Coetzee is 78. Actress-politician Sheila James Kuehl (kyool) (TV: "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis") is 77. Singer-songwriter Carole King is 76. Actor Joe Pesci is 75. Singer Barbara Lewis is 75. Author Alice Walker is 74. Actress Mia Farrow is 73. Former Sen. Jim Webb, D-Va., is 72. Singer Joe Ely is 71. Actress Judith Light is 69. Rhythm-and-blues musician Dennis "DT" Thomas (Kool & the Gang) is 67. Actor Charles Shaughnessy is 63. Actor Ed Amatrudo is 62. Former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe is 61. Jazz musician Steve Wilson is 57. Country singer Travis Tritt is 55. Actress Julie Warner is 53. Country singer Danni Leigh is 48. Actress Sharon Case is 47. Actor Jason George is 46. Actress Amber Valletta is 44. Actor-producer Charlie Day is 42. Rock singer Chad Wolf (Carolina Liar) is 42. Actor A.J. Buckley is 41. Rock musician Richard On (O.A.R.) is 39. Actress Ziyi (zee yee) Zhang is 39. Olympic silver and bronze medal figure skater Irina Slutskaya is 39. Actor Tom Hiddleston is 37. Actor David Gallagher is 33. Actor Michael B. Jordan is 31. Actress Rose Leslie is 31. Actress Marina Malota is 30. Actress Camille Winbush is 28. Actor Jimmy Bennett is 22. Actor Evan Roe (TV: "Madam Secretary") is 18.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 06:51:23 AM
Thought for Today: "What we call progress is the exchange of one nuisance for another nuisance." - Havelock Ellis, English psychologist (1859-1939).
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 07:25:00 AM
Hoping the DOW behaves itself today....
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 07:27:00 AM
Good to have the Olympics back.  Some good "pre-day" viewing yesterday.  My knees still hurt from watching the moguls prelims.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: sfish on February 09, 2018, 07:29:54 AM
Good morning Dave...and only Dave
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 09, 2018, 07:33:06 AM
Morning Dave and Fish.  Happy Friday.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: sfish on February 09, 2018, 07:35:26 AM
On the monster:

EP Carrillo Elencos Series Acto Mayor 5 Pack - $38.98
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 07:35:37 AM
Morning FishFriday and EarlyRiserBean.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 07:36:31 AM
Did you sleep in the manbubble last night Bean?
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 09, 2018, 07:44:42 AM
Did you sleep in the manbubble last night Bean?
Ha, no, but had a good time with corporate touring and hob-nobbing with the close out at Celis Brewery.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 07:59:38 AM
Did you sleep in the manbubble last night Bean?
Ha, no, but had a good time with corporate touring and hob-nobbing with the close out at Celis Brewery.
What was the beer of the night?
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 09, 2018, 08:03:31 AM
Did you sleep in the manbubble last night Bean?
Ha, no, but had a good time with corporate touring and hob-nobbing with the close out at Celis Brewery.
What was the beer of the night?
They had a full lineup weighted toward wits and citrusy offerings.  Only three of them listed on their website. I went for the Pale Bock, which was delicious.  https://www.celisbeers.com/our-beers (https://www.celisbeers.com/our-beers)

Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: sfish on February 09, 2018, 08:32:01 AM
On the monster:

EP Carrillo Elencos Series Acto Mayor 5 Pack - $38.98
@NJDave, I know you gave me one of these and they rated very well, what are you thoughts on the cigar?
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on February 09, 2018, 08:54:28 AM
good morning guys. got a Nicaraguan house blend from CCom going with coffee. the lady's implant was turned on and programmed yesterday afternoon, a 3 hour process. quite the mess of electronics sent home with her. implant charger, charger for the implant charger, and controller. quite confusing at first, but all is working.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on February 09, 2018, 08:58:26 AM
heading down to the library to get our tax packages for AARP tax preparations next week, then I have to build my chili for the cookoff tomorrow.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 09, 2018, 09:30:30 AM
Good morning Dave...and only Dave
Hey!  I was here too... sorta.

Good morning NJDave, Scott, and Mark.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 09, 2018, 09:31:57 AM
heading down to the library to get our tax packages for AARP tax preparations next week, then I have to build my chili for the cookoff tomorrow.
Good morning to you too, Dean.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 09:36:46 AM
On the monster:

EP Carrillo Elencos Series Acto Mayor 5 Pack - $38.98
@NJDave, I know you gave me one of these and they rated very well, what are you thoughts on the cigar?
Definite boxworthy.  I loved the original and this seems very close.  I have a few of the originals left and plan on doing a side by side in warmer weather.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 09:41:22 AM
good morning guys. got a Nicaraguan house blend from CCom going with coffee. the lady's implant was turned on and programmed yesterday afternoon, a 3 hour process. quite the mess of electronics sent home with her. implant charger, charger for the implant charger, and controller. quite confusing at first, but all is working.
Does it get HBO?
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 09:41:46 AM
Morning Dean.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 09:43:55 AM
On the monster:

EP Carrillo Elencos Series Acto Mayor 5 Pack - $38.98
@NJDave, I know you gave me one of these and they rated very well, what are you thoughts on the cigar?
As with the original, only three sizes, Robusto (5 1/4 x 50), Torpedo (6 1/4 x 52) and Toro (6 x 54).  Decent prices with Atlantic VIP [$101, $113, $110/box].
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on February 09, 2018, 09:45:23 AM
good morning guys. got a Nicaraguan house blend from CCom going with coffee. the lady's implant was turned on and programmed yesterday afternoon, a 3 hour process. quite the mess of electronics sent home with her. implant charger, charger for the implant charger, and controller. quite confusing at first, but all is working.
Does it get HBO?
Playboy channel.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on February 09, 2018, 09:46:53 AM
hey, it's National Pizza Day!!!
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 10:37:38 AM
hey, it's National Pizza Day!!!
I think I can do my part this evening!
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on February 09, 2018, 10:53:59 AM
hey, it's National Pizza Day!!!
deep dish, regular crust, or ultra thin crust?
Morning guys...
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on February 09, 2018, 10:55:16 AM
hey, it's National Pizza Day!!!
do they make a "Skinny Girl" pizza?  no not a saltine and a cherry tomato.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 11:06:59 AM
hey, it's National Pizza Day!!!
deep dish, regular crust, or ultra thin crust?
Morning guys...
My daughters birthday weekend so she gets to choose.  Usually go with regular crust.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 11:08:11 AM
hey, it's National Pizza Day!!!
do they make a "Skinny Girl" pizza?  no not a saltine and a cherry tomato.
As a matter of fact...

http://recipeofhealth.com/recipe/skinny-girl-pizza-641545rb
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 09, 2018, 11:22:32 AM
Biz site has NR bundles $90/25, FS.  That's a good deal.  I believe Sam was in the market.

http://www.cigarplace.biz/nica-rustica-belly.html (http://www.cigarplace.biz/nica-rustica-belly.html)

Edit: This vitola is a bit larger than the usual offering.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 09, 2018, 11:25:55 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 09, 2018, 12:14:43 PM
Sigh.  2017 may become a lost year in the market.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 09, 2018, 12:32:56 PM
Sigh.  2017 may become a lost year in the market.
Getting close to buy time.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on February 09, 2018, 12:39:12 PM
got my chili started for the 3rd Annual Chili Cookoff tomorrow.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 01:26:08 PM
got my chili started for the 3rd Annual Chili Cookoff tomorrow.
Good luck with that.  Not to give away any secrets, but what's you're unique angle?
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on February 09, 2018, 01:46:36 PM
got my chili started for the 3rd Annual Chili Cookoff tomorrow.
Good luck with that.  Not to give away any secrets, but what's you're unique angle?
equal parts of ground chuck and hot Italian sausage, so no real angle.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on February 09, 2018, 03:05:37 PM
got my chili started for the 3rd Annual Chili Cookoff tomorrow.
Good luck with that.  Not to give away any secrets, but what's you're unique angle?
equal parts of ground chuck and hot Italian sausage, so no real angle.
I use chunks of steak or a roast, and ground a blend of chili peppers to add to the cumin.
Texas style, no beans.   Chili Lull
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on February 09, 2018, 03:08:19 PM
Just opened a can of fruit cocktail, and dumped it in a bowl.  stirred it around a bit.
If you eat it right out of the can, the cherries and grapes are on the top, then the peaches, then the pears.
I want an assortment.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 03:13:34 PM
Just opened a can of fruit cocktail, and dumped it in a bowl.  stirred it around a bit.
If you eat it right out of the can, the cherries and grapes are on the top, then the peaches, then the pears.
I want an assortment.
Giving that more thought than I ever did.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 09, 2018, 03:17:09 PM
Just opened a can of fruit cocktail, and dumped it in a bowl.  stirred it around a bit.
If you eat it right out of the can, the cherries and grapes are on the top, then the peaches, then the pears.
I want an assortment.
Giving that more thought than I ever did.
Indeed.  Sounds like you had a doobie to go along with the fruit cocktail.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 09, 2018, 03:22:07 PM
Afternoon Dave, Dean, and FruityFlip.  GoTF toro in the man cave.  Was going to spark an NR, but thought nah, it's Friday, might as well start the weekend.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 03:42:46 PM
Sigh.  2017 may become a lost year in the market.
Getting close to buy time.
Cheapy Cheapo hits the market!
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 03:43:24 PM
Afternoon Dave, Dean, and FruityFlip.  GoTF toro in the man cave.  Was going to spark an NR, but thought nah, it's Friday, might as well start the weekend.
Gonna have to be looking for another box soon.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 09, 2018, 03:45:31 PM
Biz site has NR bundles $90/25, FS.  That's a good deal.  I believe Sam was in the market.

http://www.cigarplace.biz/nica-rustica-belly.html (http://www.cigarplace.biz/nica-rustica-belly.html)

Edit: This vitola is a bit larger than the usual offering.
Hey all!  just got out of the last meeting for the day.  Thanks Mark, exactly what I was looking for!  they are on the road as we speak.  based on what i've paid for 10 pks, very good price.  hope everyone has had a good day!  old Chinese curse says "May you live in interesting times".  Been an interesting day.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 09, 2018, 03:47:03 PM
Just opened a can of fruit cocktail, and dumped it in a bowl.  stirred it around a bit.
If you eat it right out of the can, the cherries and grapes are on the top, then the peaches, then the pears.
I want an assortment.
Giving that more thought than I ever did.
Indeed.  Sounds like you had a doobie to go along with the fruit cocktail.
"Even though you may dislike pickles, it is, afterall, the only thing you can do with a cucumber"  from "A Child's Garden of Grass"
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 09, 2018, 03:47:35 PM
See what happens when i'm forced to sit in meetings all day.  Everyone suffers...
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 09, 2018, 03:49:08 PM
Sigh.  2017 may become a lost year in the market.
Getting close to buy time.
Cheapy Cheapo hits the market!
Actually I don't think we're done yet.  Need a Fed interest rate bump to get things really settled in. Last I saw that's coming in March.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 09, 2018, 03:50:01 PM
Afternoon Dave, Dean, and FruityFlip.  GoTF toro in the man cave.  Was going to spark an NR, but thought nah, it's Friday, might as well start the weekend.
Gonna have to be looking for another box soon.
Yes, watching the dailies.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 09, 2018, 03:52:06 PM
Biz site has NR bundles $90/25, FS.  That's a good deal.  I believe Sam was in the market.

http://www.cigarplace.biz/nica-rustica-belly.html (http://www.cigarplace.biz/nica-rustica-belly.html)

Edit: This vitola is a bit larger than the usual offering.
Hey all!  just got out of the last meeting for the day.  Thanks Mark, exactly what I was looking for!  they are on the road as we speak.  based on what i've paid for 10 pks, very good price.  hope everyone has had a good day!  old Chinese curse says "May you live in interesting times".  Been an interesting day.
Good to hear! About the cigars, that is.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 09, 2018, 03:53:39 PM
Biz site has NR bundles $90/25, FS.  That's a good deal.  I believe Sam was in the market.

http://www.cigarplace.biz/nica-rustica-belly.html (http://www.cigarplace.biz/nica-rustica-belly.html)

Edit: This vitola is a bit larger than the usual offering.
Hey all!  just got out of the last meeting for the day.  Thanks Mark, exactly what I was looking for!  they are on the road as we speak.  based on what i've paid for 10 pks, very good price.  hope everyone has had a good day!  old Chinese curse says "May you live in interesting times".  Been an interesting day.
Good to hear! About the cigars, that is.
Thanks for the tip.  actually i saw a few decent deals there.  but pocketbook only held enough for the NR's.  free ship as well.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 09, 2018, 04:21:59 PM
And... I found my last NR in the box so it will be toasted in honor of the new box coming in.  have a good night and better weekend all!  Dean, good luck with the chili!
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 09, 2018, 04:27:06 PM
And... I found my last NR in the box so it will be toasted in honor of the new box coming in.  have a good night and better weekend all!  Dean, good luck with the chili!
Enjoy your weekend as well.  And don't worry about Dean, he knows his way around the kitchen almost as well as the bedroom!
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 09, 2018, 04:32:45 PM
hey, it's National Pizza Day!!!
do they make a "Skinny Girl" pizza?  no not a saltine and a cherry tomato.
I actually made pizza earlier in the week that was fabulous.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 09, 2018, 04:34:43 PM
Just opened a can of fruit cocktail, and dumped it in a bowl.  stirred it around a bit.
If you eat it right out of the can, the cherries and grapes are on the top, then the peaches, then the pears.
I want an assortment.
Giving that more thought than I ever did.
More thought than Del Monte ever did too.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 09, 2018, 04:36:23 PM
Biz site has NR bundles $90/25, FS.  That's a good deal.  I believe Sam was in the market.

http://www.cigarplace.biz/nica-rustica-belly.html (http://www.cigarplace.biz/nica-rustica-belly.html)

Edit: This vitola is a bit larger than the usual offering.
Hey all!  just got out of the last meeting for the day.  Thanks Mark, exactly what I was looking for!  they are on the road as we speak.  based on what i've paid for 10 pks, very good price.  hope everyone has had a good day!  old Chinese curse says "May you live in interesting times".  Been an interesting day.
+1
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 09, 2018, 04:37:25 PM
May as well start up another page...
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 09, 2018, 08:34:50 PM
New page lull.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 09:50:34 PM
May as well start up another page...
It's been like pulling teeth tonight.
Title: Re: 2/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 09, 2018, 11:12:52 PM
May as well start up another page...
It's been like pulling teeth tonight.
Closing down the day lull.