CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 15, 2018, 12:00:25 AM

Title: 1/15/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on January 15, 2018, 12:00:25 AM
Monday again, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 15, 2018, 12:33:39 AM
That Vikings win was something else. We could theoretically have a real home field advantage at the Superbowl this year.

I'm rooting for a Minnesota / Jacksonville big game. Probably not very good for ratings though.
Three out of the four QB's not been in the game before.
There's always gotta be a first time. Brady's had plenty of opportunities. Time for someone else to get a shot.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 06:10:59 AM
That Vikings win was something else. We could theoretically have a real home field advantage at the Superbowl this year.

I'm rooting for a Minnesota / Jacksonville big game. Probably not very good for ratings though.
Three out of the four QB's not been in the game before.
There's always gotta be a first time. Brady's had plenty of opportunities. Time for someone else to get a shot.
Well, they're getting a shot.  Let's hope they can take advantage of it.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 06:11:55 AM
Today is Monday, Jan. 15, the 15th day of 2018. There are 350 days left in the year. This is the Martin Luther King Jr. federal holiday.
Today's Highlight in History:
On Jan. 15, 1943, work was completed on the Pentagon, the headquarters of the U.S. Department of War (now Defense).
On this date:
In 1559, England's Queen Elizabeth I was crowned in Westminster Abbey.
In 1777, the people of New Connecticut declared their independence. (The republic later became the state of Vermont.)
In 1892, the original rules of basketball, devised by James Naismith, were published for the first time in Springfield, Massachusetts, where the game originated.
In 1918, Gamal Abdel Nasser, the second president of Egypt, was born in Alexandria.
In 1929, civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. was born in Atlanta.
In 1947, the mutilated remains of 22-year-old Elizabeth Short, who came to be known as the "Black Dahlia," were found in a vacant Los Angeles lot; her slaying remains unsolved.
In 1961, a U.S. Air Force radar tower off the New Jersey coast collapsed into the Atlantic Ocean during a severe storm, killing all 28 men aboard.
In 1967, the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League defeated the Kansas City Chiefs of the American Football League 35-10 in the first AFL-NFL World Championship Game, retroactively known as Super Bowl I.
In 1978, two students at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Lisa Levy and Margaret Bowman, were slain in their sorority house. (Ted Bundy was later convicted of the crime, and executed.)
In 1989, NATO, the Warsaw Pact and 12 other European countries adopted a human rights and security agreement in Vienna, Austria.
In 1993, a historic disarmament ceremony ended in Paris with the last of 125 countries signing a treaty banning chemical weapons.
In 2009, US Airways Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger ditched his Airbus 320 in the Hudson River after a flock of birds disabled both engines; all 155 people aboard survived.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 06:12:37 AM
Ten years ago: Republican Mitt Romney scored his first major presidential primary victory in his native Michigan. During a visit to Saudi Arabia, President George W. Bush warned that surging oil prices threatened the U.S. economy, and urged OPEC nations to boost their output. Actor Brad Renfro, who as a youngster had played the title role in "The Client," was found dead in his Los Angeles home; he was 25.

Five years ago: New York state enacted the nation's toughest gun restrictions and the first since the Newtown, Connecticut, school massacre, including an expanded assault-weapon ban and background checks for buying ammunition. Twin blasts ripped through a university campus in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo, killing more than 80 people, most of them students, in the government-controlled part of the city.

One year ago: In his final interview as president, Barack Obama told CBS' "60 Minutes" that the increase of Israeli settlements had "gotten so substantial" that it was inhibiting the possibility of an "effective, contiguous Palestinian state." Former pro wrestler Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, who had just been found not competent to stand trial in the 1983 death of his girlfriend, died at his son-in-law's home near Pompano Beach, Florida, at age 73.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 06:13:16 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Margaret O'Brien is 80. Actress Andrea Martin is 71. College and Pro Football Hall of Famer Randy White is 65. Actor-director Mario Van Peebles is 61. Rock musician Adam Jones (Tool) is 53. Actor James Nesbitt is 53. Singer Lisa Lisa (Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam) is 51. Actor Chad Lowe is 50. Alt-country singer Will Oldham (aka Bonnie Prince Billy) is 48. Actress Regina King is 47. Actor Eddie Cahill is 40. NFL quarterback Drew Brees is 39. Rapper/reggaeton artist Pitbull is 37. Actor Victor Rasuk is 33. Actress Jessy Schram is 32. Electronic dance musician Skrillex is 30. Singer-songwriter Grace VanderWaal (TV: "America's Got Talent") is 14
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 06:13:56 AM
Thought for Today: "A man can't ride your back unless it's bent." - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968).
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 15, 2018, 06:20:30 AM
Man, how 'bout them Vikings, huh? Tough day to be a Saints fan. Morning, all.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 15, 2018, 06:31:11 AM
Good morning, Daves.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 06:35:50 AM
Afterthought offerings at the Sis, CI has the third iteration of Murcielago.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 06:36:42 AM
Man, how 'bout them Vikings, huh? Tough day to be a Saints fan. Morning, all.
Or a Pittsburg fan.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 06:37:00 AM
Morning Dave and Tony.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 15, 2018, 06:40:28 AM
Man, how 'bout them Vikings, huh? Tough day to be a Saints fan. Morning, all.
Or a Pittsburg fan.
Yeah, but I'm happy about that. :) Sorry, Tony.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 15, 2018, 06:48:54 AM
Man, how 'bout them Vikings, huh? Tough day to be a Saints fan. Morning, all.
Or a Pittsburg fan.
D'oh!

But in both cases, we're upset because we weren't able to come back. We should have played a better first half.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 15, 2018, 06:52:09 AM
Afterthought offerings at the Sis, CI has the third iteration of Murcielago.
I saw that. Wondering if they are any good. According to the ad copy, they're even better. Why would they lie?
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 15, 2018, 07:00:19 AM
Man, how 'bout them Vikings, huh? Tough day to be a Saints fan. Morning, all.
Or a Pittsburg fan.
D'oh!

But in both cases, we're upset because we weren't able to come back. We should have played a better first half.
https://www.facebook.com/barstoolsports/videos/10156227245647502/?hc_ref=ARTGq_LoHKYQUl3OWExRtidDFdd3jW4BEVktpPuT6Yck0vKc46-RqT9gMvEFNmJ7x54
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 15, 2018, 07:04:38 AM
@Dean: Just in case you were questioning your decision...

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/weather/2018/01/looks_like_upstate_ny_is_coldest_place_in_us_for_the_second_time_in_eight_days.html
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 15, 2018, 07:06:38 AM
Man, how 'bout them Vikings, huh? Tough day to be a Saints fan. Morning, all.
Or a Pittsburg fan.
D'oh!

But in both cases, we're upset because we weren't able to come back. We should have played a better first half.
https://www.facebook.com/barstoolsports/videos/10156227245647502/?hc_ref=ARTGq_LoHKYQUl3OWExRtidDFdd3jW4BEVktpPuT6Yck0vKc46-RqT9gMvEFNmJ7x54
That boy has got issues.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 07:15:48 AM
Afterthought offerings at the Sis, CI has the third iteration of Murcielago.
I saw that. Wondering if they are any good. According to the ad copy, they're even better. Why would they lie?
No real interest in trying them.  The second iteration wasn't great, I see no reason why these would be.  The few reviews I've read have said, OK cigar, just not noteworthy.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 15, 2018, 07:45:49 AM
Good morning Daves and Mr. Mayor.  Happy DeanDay.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 15, 2018, 07:49:18 AM
Man, how 'bout them Vikings, huh? Tough day to be a Saints fan. Morning, all.
Or a Pittsburg fan.
D'oh!

But in both cases, we're upset because we weren't able to come back. We should have played a better first half.
https://www.facebook.com/barstoolsports/videos/10156227245647502/?hc_ref=ARTGq_LoHKYQUl3OWExRtidDFdd3jW4BEVktpPuT6Yck0vKc46-RqT9gMvEFNmJ7x54
That boy has got issues.
Not for much longer, since he's gonna hang himself.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 07:50:26 AM
Man, how 'bout them Vikings, huh? Tough day to be a Saints fan. Morning, all.
Or a Pittsburg fan.
D'oh!

But in both cases, we're upset because we weren't able to come back. We should have played a better first half.
https://www.facebook.com/barstoolsports/videos/10156227245647502/?hc_ref=ARTGq_LoHKYQUl3OWExRtidDFdd3jW4BEVktpPuT6Yck0vKc46-RqT9gMvEFNmJ7x54
That boy has got issues.
Not for much longer, since he's gonna hang himself.
Needs to employ some Cleveland coping strategies.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 07:50:49 AM
Good morning Daves and Mr. Mayor.  Happy DeanDay.
And what's so happy about it??
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 07:51:30 AM
#2 son left to head back for his last semester.  Quiet house.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 15, 2018, 07:55:00 AM
Good morning Daves and Mr. Mayor.  Happy DeanDay.
And what's so happy about it??
You're avi is very cute?
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 15, 2018, 08:11:54 AM
Man, how 'bout them Vikings, huh? Tough day to be a Saints fan. Morning, all.
Or a Pittsburg fan.
D'oh!

But in both cases, we're upset because we weren't able to come back. We should have played a better first half.
https://www.facebook.com/barstoolsports/videos/10156227245647502/?hc_ref=ARTGq_LoHKYQUl3OWExRtidDFdd3jW4BEVktpPuT6Yck0vKc46-RqT9gMvEFNmJ7x54
That boy has got issues.
Not for much longer, since he's gonna hang himself.
Needs to employ some Cleveland coping strategies.
Time for a parade? ;)
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 08:28:03 AM
Good morning Daves and Mr. Mayor.  Happy DeanDay.
And what's so happy about it??
You're avi is very cute?
Well, yea, but is that going to carry you through the day?
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 08:28:53 AM
Also no incoming missile warnings today, so yea, I guess it is picking up.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 15, 2018, 08:39:51 AM
Good morning Daves and Mr. Mayor.  Happy DeanDay.
And what's so happy about it??
You're avi is very cute?
Well, yea, but is that going to carry you through the day?
Only about 5 minutes.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 15, 2018, 08:41:29 AM
Also no incoming missile warnings today, so yea, I guess it is picking up.
Sorta hard to top that monumental f'k up.  Dean is overdue for a restraining order or a deadbeat story, so  there's hope the day will get interesting.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 15, 2018, 08:59:03 AM
Good morning Daves and Mr. Mayor.  Happy DeanDay.
And what's so happy about it??
You're avi is very cute?
Well, yea, but is that going to carry you through the day?
I've got a very active imagination.

Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 15, 2018, 09:40:04 AM
@Dean: Just in case you were questioning your decision...

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/weather/2018/01/looks_like_upstate_ny_is_coldest_place_in_us_for_the_second_time_in_eight_days.html
I have not questioned my decision since I crossed over the NY state line.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 15, 2018, 09:40:13 AM
Overactive imagination lull?
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 15, 2018, 09:40:46 AM
@Dean: Just in case you were questioning your decision...

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/weather/2018/01/looks_like_upstate_ny_is_coldest_place_in_us_for_the_second_time_in_eight_days.html
I have not questioned my decision since I crossed over the NY state line.
Good morning, Dean.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 15, 2018, 09:41:48 AM
Also no incoming missile warnings today, so yea, I guess it is picking up.
Sorta hard to top that monumental f'k up.  Dean is overdue for a restraining order or a deadbeat story, so  there's hope the day will get interesting.
life has been very dull and boring lately.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 15, 2018, 09:44:08 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 15, 2018, 10:06:32 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
See, I feel like there could be a good story right there. You're just not trying anymore.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 15, 2018, 10:12:38 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
See, I feel like there could be a good story right there. You're just not trying anymore.
Indeed.  Lady will be late leaving, and the redhead early, so like I said, there's hope things will get interesting.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 15, 2018, 10:17:56 AM
Good morning Dean, Mark, Dave, Tony & Dave! Seems Winter has returned. At least in DE.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 15, 2018, 10:25:53 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
See, I feel like there could be a good story right there. You're just not trying anymore.
Indeed.  Lady will be late leaving, and the redhead early, so like I said, there's hope things will get interesting.
If a gazebo or cellphone gets involved somehow, that'll be like hitting the Dean jackpot.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 15, 2018, 10:26:24 AM
Good morning Dean, Mark, Dave, Tony & Dave! Seems Winter has returned. At least in DE.
Morning, Sam. Same here, back to single digit temps for lows for a little while. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 15, 2018, 10:29:19 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
See, I feel like there could be a good story right there. You're just not trying anymore.
Indeed.  Lady will be late leaving, and the redhead early, so like I said, there's hope things will get interesting.
they've met. the lady doesn't like the redhead because she's wealthy, carefree, independant, and wants no committment. the redhead likes the lady because that's how she is.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 15, 2018, 10:31:21 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
See, I feel like there could be a good story right there. You're just not trying anymore.
Indeed.  Lady will be late leaving, and the redhead early, so like I said, there's hope things will get interesting.
If a gazebo or cellphone gets involved somehow, that'll be like hitting the Dean jackpot.
my gazebo days are over with, and my phone plan is only for me.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 15, 2018, 10:38:47 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
See, I feel like there could be a good story right there. You're just not trying anymore.
Indeed.  Lady will be late leaving, and the redhead early, so like I said, there's hope things will get interesting.
If a gazebo or cellphone gets involved somehow, that'll be like hitting the Dean jackpot.
my gazebo days are over with, and my phone plan is only for me.
Well hell, what fun is that?  Next you'll tell us you're done with deadbeats, which we're never going to believe.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 15, 2018, 10:41:31 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
See, I feel like there could be a good story right there. You're just not trying anymore.
Indeed.  Lady will be late leaving, and the redhead early, so like I said, there's hope things will get interesting.
If a gazebo or cellphone gets involved somehow, that'll be like hitting the Dean jackpot.
my gazebo days are over with, and my phone plan is only for me.
Well hell, what fun is that?  Next you'll tell us you're done with deadbeats, which we're never going to believe.
Yeah, I'd believe Drumpf is a stable genius before I believe that. ;)
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 15, 2018, 10:44:53 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
See, I feel like there could be a good story right there. You're just not trying anymore.
Indeed.  Lady will be late leaving, and the redhead early, so like I said, there's hope things will get interesting.
If a gazebo or cellphone gets involved somehow, that'll be like hitting the Dean jackpot.
my gazebo days are over with, and my phone plan is only for me.
Well hell, what fun is that?  Next you'll tell us you're done with deadbeats, which we're never going to believe.
Yeah, I'd believe Drumpf is a stable genius before I believe that. ;)
What, you mean he's NOT?   :o
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 15, 2018, 10:48:48 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
See, I feel like there could be a good story right there. You're just not trying anymore.
Indeed.  Lady will be late leaving, and the redhead early, so like I said, there's hope things will get interesting.
If a gazebo or cellphone gets involved somehow, that'll be like hitting the Dean jackpot.
my gazebo days are over with, and my phone plan is only for me.
Well hell, what fun is that?  Next you'll tell us you're done with deadbeats, which we're never going to believe.
Yeah, I'd believe Drumpf is a stable genius before I believe that. ;)
What, you mean he's NOT?   :o
Not only that, he's also the "least racist person" ever. Bet you didn't know that, either!
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 15, 2018, 10:51:33 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
See, I feel like there could be a good story right there. You're just not trying anymore.
Indeed.  Lady will be late leaving, and the redhead early, so like I said, there's hope things will get interesting.
If a gazebo or cellphone gets involved somehow, that'll be like hitting the Dean jackpot.
my gazebo days are over with, and my phone plan is only for me.
Well hell, what fun is that?  Next you'll tell us you're done with deadbeats, which we're never going to believe.
Yeah, I'd believe Drumpf is a stable genius before I believe that. ;)
What, you mean he's NOT?   :o
Not only that, he's also the "least racist person" ever. Bet you didn't know that, either!
I've heard him say that about himself, but i think he's the only one...
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 15, 2018, 10:53:10 AM
Just had a guy come in and gift me a Davidoff Geneve churchill.  says he likes them a lot, didn't get much love in the reviews I saw, and looks like its a bit pricey.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 15, 2018, 10:57:12 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
See, I feel like there could be a good story right there. You're just not trying anymore.
Indeed.  Lady will be late leaving, and the redhead early, so like I said, there's hope things will get interesting.
If a gazebo or cellphone gets involved somehow, that'll be like hitting the Dean jackpot.
my gazebo days are over with, and my phone plan is only for me.
Well hell, what fun is that?  Next you'll tell us you're done with deadbeats, which we're never going to believe.
so far no deadbeats in my life right now and I hope it stays that way.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 15, 2018, 10:59:38 AM
Just had a guy come in and gift me a Davidoff Geneve churchill.  says he likes them a lot, didn't get much love in the reviews I saw, and looks like its a bit pricey.
It'll smoke great for the price!
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 15, 2018, 11:03:23 AM
Just had a guy come in and gift me a Davidoff Geneve churchill.  says he likes them a lot, didn't get much love in the reviews I saw, and looks like its a bit pricey.
It'll smoke great for the price!
Very true!
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 11:10:51 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
See, I feel like there could be a good story right there. You're just not trying anymore.
Indeed.  Lady will be late leaving, and the redhead early, so like I said, there's hope things will get interesting.
If a gazebo or cellphone gets involved somehow, that'll be like hitting the Dean jackpot.
my gazebo days are over with, and my phone plan is only for me.
But you can now branch into supervision.  You know how to do them, just direct some youngun with a hammer and screwdriver.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 11:12:00 AM
Good day Sam and Mr. Bean.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 15, 2018, 11:14:54 AM
Good morning Dean, Mark, Dave, Tony & Dave! Seems Winter has returned. At least in DE.
Indeed. Good morning, Sam.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 15, 2018, 11:30:02 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
See, I feel like there could be a good story right there. You're just not trying anymore.
Indeed.  Lady will be late leaving, and the redhead early, so like I said, there's hope things will get interesting.
If a gazebo or cellphone gets involved somehow, that'll be like hitting the Dean jackpot.
my gazebo days are over with, and my phone plan is only for me.
But you can now branch into supervision.  You know how to do them, just direct some youngun with a hammer and screwdriver.
I'd rather not.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 15, 2018, 11:35:05 AM
good morning guys. 54° and sunny here. redhead due to come over after the lady leaves.
See, I feel like there could be a good story right there. You're just not trying anymore.
Indeed.  Lady will be late leaving, and the redhead early, so like I said, there's hope things will get interesting.
If a gazebo or cellphone gets involved somehow, that'll be like hitting the Dean jackpot.
my gazebo days are over with, and my phone plan is only for me.
But you can now branch into supervision.  You know how to do them, just direct some youngun with a hammer and screwdriver.
I'd rather not.
TWSS
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 15, 2018, 11:35:21 AM
I've been invited to an archives workshop outside of Jacksonville later this month. when I enquired about hotel accommodations a lady I met at the convention last year said I could spend the night at her place. she also asked if I had a room yet for the convention in Ft Lauderdale in August. I said all set and if she needed a place to stay she was welcome, but I only have a single king size bed she'd have to share. she's considering it.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 15, 2018, 12:33:17 PM
I've been invited to an archives workshop outside of Jacksonville later this month. when I enquired about hotel accommodations a lady I met at the convention last year said I could spend the night at her place. she also asked if I had a room yet for the convention in Ft Lauderdale in August. I said all set and if she needed a place to stay she was welcome, but I only have a single king size bed she'd have to share. she's considering it.
Oh, good, so we'll have another Dean-level story later this month.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 12:53:48 PM
I've been invited to an archives workshop outside of Jacksonville later this month. when I enquired about hotel accommodations a lady I met at the convention last year said I could spend the night at her place. she also asked if I had a room yet for the convention in Ft Lauderdale in August. I said all set and if she needed a place to stay she was welcome, but I only have a single king size bed she'd have to share. she's considering it.
Should be a couple of nice cigar lounges around as well.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 12:54:30 PM
I've been invited to an archives workshop outside of Jacksonville later this month. when I enquired about hotel accommodations a lady I met at the convention last year said I could spend the night at her place. she also asked if I had a room yet for the convention in Ft Lauderdale in August. I said all set and if she needed a place to stay she was welcome, but I only have a single king size bed she'd have to share. she's considering it.
Oh, good, so we'll have another Dean-level story later this month.
He has been slacking off as of late.  Damn surgery.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 15, 2018, 01:19:26 PM
I've been invited to an archives workshop outside of Jacksonville later this month. when I enquired about hotel accommodations a lady I met at the convention last year said I could spend the night at her place. she also asked if I had a room yet for the convention in Ft Lauderdale in August. I said all set and if she needed a place to stay she was welcome, but I only have a single king size bed she'd have to share. she's considering it.
Should be a couple of nice cigar lounges around as well.
going to try and get together with KC while I'm there.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 15, 2018, 01:24:43 PM
I've been invited to an archives workshop outside of Jacksonville later this month. when I enquired about hotel accommodations a lady I met at the convention last year said I could spend the night at her place. she also asked if I had a room yet for the convention in Ft Lauderdale in August. I said all set and if she needed a place to stay she was welcome, but I only have a single king size bed she'd have to share. she's considering it.
Oh, good, so we'll have another Dean-level story later this month.
Now we're talking...
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 01:33:33 PM
I know CarolinaDave was a big Cranberries fan, but for the rest of you, just in case,
Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dead at 46.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 15, 2018, 01:54:35 PM
I know CarolinaDave was a big Cranberries fan, but for the rest of you, just in case,
Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dead at 46.
So you're saying she's finally ready to become a Zombie.

Oof, too soon?
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 15, 2018, 02:16:57 PM
And with that groaner, it's time to say hazzuh!
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 02:40:25 PM
And with that groaner, it's time to say hazzuh!
I will second that groan.
Have a good evening.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 15, 2018, 03:29:29 PM
And with that groaner, it's time to say hazzuh!
later!
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 04:23:44 PM
Come on page 6, come on end of day!
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 04:24:24 PM
Mr. Bean should be posting more from his smoke pod  by now...
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 15, 2018, 05:08:12 PM
Mr. Bean should be posting more from his smoke pod  by now...
Indeed. DPG Blue with coffee in the smoke pod.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 05:10:36 PM
You supposed to be getting some snow/ice tonight Mr. Bean?
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 15, 2018, 05:19:16 PM
You supposed to be getting some snow/ice tonight Mr. Bean?
That's the story the weather people are pushing.  The rain supposed to start about 10 pm but the temps don't fall to freezing until 4 am or so, about the time the rain supposed to taper off.  My money is on a preemptive panic where none is warranted.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 15, 2018, 05:19:58 PM
You supposed to be getting some snow/ice tonight Mr. Bean?
And back up to 70 deg for Saturday.   ::)
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: sfish on January 15, 2018, 05:23:18 PM
Afterthought offerings at the Sis, CI has the third iteration of Murcielago.
Those pictured are the second run, the third has a black band, not that I have any faith in them being great
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 15, 2018, 06:05:38 PM
I know CarolinaDave was a big Cranberries fan, but for the rest of you, just in case,
Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dead at 46.
No details? SCDave would have provided those. He is good at delivering death notices.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: cigarbreath on January 15, 2018, 06:06:08 PM
You supposed to be getting some snow/ice tonight Mr. Bean?
That's the story the weather people are pushing.  The rain supposed to start about 10 pm but the temps don't fall to freezing until 4 am or so, about the time the rain supposed to taper off.  My money is on a preemptive panic where none is warranted.
The White Death!  Runaway!  Runaway!
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 15, 2018, 06:06:36 PM
Afterthought offerings at the Sis, CI has the third iteration of Murcielago.
Those pictured are the second run, the third has a black band, not that I have any faith in them being great
The color band has nothing to do with them being noirs?
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 15, 2018, 06:08:24 PM
Hello Mike. Hope all is well by you. Cold as shit here.

The good news is that it's my S-i-L's birthday and they're having us over for dinner. Don't have to cook tonight.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: cigarbreath on January 15, 2018, 07:10:09 PM
Hello Mike. Hope all is well by you. Cold as shit here.

The good news is that it's my S-i-L's birthday and they're having us over for dinner. Don't have to cook tonight.
Free meals be good.  Nice when all you have to do is eat.  Like everywhere else it be cold and snowy.  Not a whole lot of snow but the really cold weather making sure it stays.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 09:42:03 PM
I know CarolinaDave was a big Cranberries fan, but for the rest of you, just in case,
Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dead at 46.
No details? SCDave would have provided those. He is good at delivering death notices.
Yea, well I'm doing the best I can picking up others deliverables.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 15, 2018, 10:12:21 PM
I know CarolinaDave was a big Cranberries fan, but for the rest of you, just in case,
Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dead at 46.
No details? SCDave would have provided those. He is good at delivering death notices.
Yea, well I'm doing the best I can picking up others deliverables.
Pretty sure SCDave has permanently purged terms like deliverables, takeaways, and "at the end of the day" from his lexicon.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 15, 2018, 10:17:29 PM
Winter apocalypse part deux on its way.  Our weathermen are hyperventilating.  I could swear one of them was sporting a woody.

... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from midnight tonight
to 6 PM CST Tuesday...

* what... significant icing possible. The ice will result in
  dangerous travel conditions late Monday night through the day
  on Tuesday. Total ice accumulations of up around one tenth of an
  inch are expected with isolated totals up to one quarter inch.

* Where... most of northern part of south central Texas.

* When... from late Monday night through Tuesday evening.

* Additional details... in addition to the wintry precipitation
  and the impacts of accumulating freezing rain, sleet, and
  snow, the temperatures will be very cold. Temperatures will
  drop into the upper 20s by Tuesday afternoon and with strong
  north winds windchill values could drop into the teens.
  Overnight Tuesday into Wednesday as temperatures continue to
  drop some single digit windchill values will be possible in
  The Hill Country.

* Timing... 12 am through 6 PM Tuesday

* main impact... hazardous travel conditions and freezing-yo-azz-off will occur throughout the affected area.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Winter Storm Warning for sleet means that a winter storm system
is impacting the area with significant amounts of sleet and
freezing rain. Travel is likely to be severely impacted.  Go to the store and buy up all the milk, eggs, and bread in sight

Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 10:54:44 PM
Afterthought offerings at the Sis, CI has the third iteration of Murcielago.
Those pictured are the second run, the third has a black band, not that I have any faith in them being great
I thought the second run looked exactly like the first.  This third run has the totally restyled logo.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 10:55:31 PM
I know CarolinaDave was a big Cranberries fan, but for the rest of you, just in case,
Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dead at 46.
No details? SCDave would have provided those. He is good at delivering death notices.
Yea, well I'm doing the best I can picking up others deliverables.
Pretty sure SCDave has permanently purged terms like deliverables, takeaways, and "at the end of the day" from his lexicon.
So be it.
Title: Re: 1/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 15, 2018, 10:55:47 PM
Evening Mr. CB.