CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on December 20, 2017, 12:00:21 AM

Title: 12/20/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on December 20, 2017, 12:00:21 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 12:04:11 AM
The good news is that there are no 404s in today's offerings. The bad news is the same.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 06:14:31 AM
Good morning, humped.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 06:22:32 AM
The good news is that there are no 404s in today's offerings. The bad news is the same.
Yup.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 06:26:09 AM
Today is Wednesday, Dec. 20, the 354th day of 2017. There are 11 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Dec. 20, 1803, the Louisiana Purchase was completed as ownership of the territory was formally transferred from France to the United States.

On this date:

In 1790, the first successful cotton mill in the United States began operating at Pawtucket, Rhode Island.

In 1812, German authors Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm published the first volume of the first edition of their collection of folk stories, "Children's and Household Tales."

In 1860, South Carolina became the first state to secede from the Union as all 169 delegates to a special convention in Charleston voted in favor of separation.

In 1864, Confederate forces evacuated Savannah, Georgia, as Union Maj. Gen. William T. Sherman nearly completed his "March to the Sea."

In 1924, Adolf Hitler was released from prison after serving nine months for his role in the Beer Hall Putsch.

In 1945, the Office of Price Administration announced the end of tire rationing, effective Jan. 1, 1946.

In 1946, the Frank Capra film "It's A Wonderful Life," starring James Stewart and Donna Reed, had a preview showing for charity in New York, a day before its official world premiere.

In 1963, the Berlin Wall was opened for the first time to West Berliners, who were allowed one-day visits to relatives in the Eastern sector for the holidays.

In 1976, Richard J. Daley, the mayor of Chicago since 1955, died in office at age 74.

In 1987, more than 4,300 people were killed when the Dona Paz, a Philippine passenger ship, collided with the tanker Vector off Mindoro island.

In 1989, the United States launched Operation Just Cause, sending troops into Panama to topple the government of Gen. Manuel Noriega.

In 1995, an American Airlines Boeing 757 en route to Cali, Colombia, slammed into a mountain, killing all but four of the 163 people aboard. In Bosnia-Herzegovina, NATO began its peacekeeping mission, taking over from the United Nations.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 06:26:40 AM
Ten years ago: Police used chemical spray and stun guns on protesters outside a New Orleans City Council meeting where members unanimously supported demolition of 4,500 public housing units for post-Hurricane Katrina redevelopment. Thieves broke into the Sao Paulo Museum of Art in Brazil and made off with two paintings, one by Pablo Picasso and the other by Candido Portinari. (The works were recovered in January 2008.) Utah opened the bowl season with a wild 35-32 victory over the Navy Midshipmen in the Poinsettia Bowl.

Five years ago: The State Department acknowledged major weaknesses in security and errors in judgment exposed in a scathing independent report on the deadly Sept. 11, 2012 assault on a U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya. The National Hockey League, in a labor fight with its players, announced the cancellation of the 2012-13 regular-season schedule through Jan. 14, 2013. Michael Phelps was named The Associated Press male athlete of the year. Three-time Olympic runner Suzy Favor Hamilton acknowledged working as an escort following a report on The Smoking Gun website about her double life.

One year ago: President Barack Obama designated the bulk of U.S.-owned waters in the Arctic Ocean and certain areas in the Atlantic Ocean as indefinitely off limits to future oil and gas leasing. A deadly chain-reaction explosion ripped through Mexico's best-known fireworks market on the northern outskirts of the capital, killing at least 36 people. Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova was injured in her playing hand by a knife-wielding attacker at her Czech Republic home and underwent surgery (the attacker remains at large).
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 06:27:09 AM
Today's Birthdays: Original Mouseketeer Tommy Cole (TV: "The Mickey Mouse Club") is 76. Rhythm and blues singer-musician Walter "Wolfman" Washington is 74. Rock musician-music producer Bobby Colomby is 73. Rock musician Peter Criss is 72. Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue is 71. Psychic/illusionist Uri Geller is 71. Producer Dick Wolf ("Law & Order") is 71. Rock musician Alan Parsons is 69. Actress Jenny Agutter is 65. Actor Michael Badalucco is 63. Actress Blanche Baker is 61. Rock singer Billy Bragg is 60. Rock singer-musician Mike Watt (The Secondmen, Minutemen, fIREHOSE) is 60. Actor Joel Gretsch is 54. Country singer Kris Tyler is 53. Rock singer Chris Robinson is 51. Actress Nicole deBoer is 47. Movie director Todd Phillips is 47. Singer David Cook ("American Idol") is 35. Actor Jonah Hill is 34. Actor Bob Morley is 33. Singer JoJo is 27.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 06:27:37 AM
Thought for Today: "It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter." - Marlene Dietrich, German-born actress (1901-1992).
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 06:38:07 AM
Florida Atlantic with a dominant 50-3 victory over Akron in the Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl last night.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 07:11:56 AM
Also, today is the first day of the new early signing period for college football.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 07:12:28 AM
And, let us not forget that today is the Holiday Herf in Somerville!
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 07:13:58 AM
And, let us not forget that today is the Holiday Herf in Somerville!
Hope Fishy dosed up on his Alka Seltzer Cold and Sinus last night.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 07:46:01 AM
Today is National Sangria Day.  Shouldn't that be on a Taco Tuesday?
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2017, 07:52:51 AM
The good news is that there are no 404s in today's offerings. The bad news is the same.
Yup.
Haven't seen Centurions up in a while. Not a bad deal for a fiver, but certainly have purchased for less.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2017, 07:53:25 AM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2017, 08:11:03 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, and Mark. 60° and fog. Wrists wrapped in ice. Short Story and pepsi.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 08:19:54 AM
And, let us not forget that today is the Holiday Herf in Somerville!
That's, "Happy Holidays Herf". I enjoy a good alliteration.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 08:20:34 AM
The good news is that there are no 404s in today's offerings. The bad news is the same.
Yup.
Haven't seen Centurions up in a while. Not a bad deal for a fiver, but certainly have purchased for less.
Say it isn't so!

Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 08:28:38 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, and Mark. 60° and fog. Wrists wrapped in ice. Short Story and pepsi.
Ouch. Good morning and godspeed, Deano.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: sfish on December 20, 2017, 08:44:32 AM
And, let us not forget that today is the Holiday Herf in Somerville!
Hope Fishy dosed up on his Alka Seltzer Cold and Sinus last night.
Indeed I did, all hopped-up on goofballs
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 08:55:57 AM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 08:57:11 AM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
Maybe John II
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 08:57:50 AM
And, let us not forget that today is the Holiday Herf in Somerville!
Hope Fishy dosed up on his Alka Seltzer Cold and Sinus last night.
Indeed I did, all hopped-up on goofballs
Perfect! Maybe we can do shots of Nyquil too.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: sfish on December 20, 2017, 09:02:14 AM
And, let us not forget that today is the Holiday Herf in Somerville!
Hope Fishy dosed up on his Alka Seltzer Cold and Sinus last night.
Indeed I did, all hopped-up on goofballs
Perfect! Maybe we can do shots of Nyquil too.
I'll do those pre-game
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2017, 09:03:03 AM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
Maybe John II
Not Not-John?
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: sfish on December 20, 2017, 09:05:51 AM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
I'd appreciate it if you guys could refrain from smoking tonight
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: ss2 on December 20, 2017, 09:12:40 AM
Good morning all!
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 09:14:48 AM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
Maybe John II
Not Not-John?
No, Not-John has moved on.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 09:15:54 AM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
I'd appreciate it if you guys could refrain from smoking tonight
You know we have a long standing tradition of offending....especially Tony.  Tonight should be no different.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 09:16:16 AM
Good Morning Sam!
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 09:17:08 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, and Mark. 60° and fog. Wrists wrapped in ice. Short Story and pepsi.
Glad you can still get that Short Story in Dean.  Good thoughts!
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: sfish on December 20, 2017, 09:20:52 AM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
I'd appreciate it if you guys could refrain from smoking tonight
You know we have a long standing tradition of offending....especially Tony.  Tonight should be no different.
Tony's certainly at the top of his game lately
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: sfish on December 20, 2017, 09:21:15 AM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
Maybe John II
What time are you shooting for?
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2017, 09:31:57 AM
If today is the first day of the rest of my life, I am in deep shit!
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2017, 09:32:52 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, and Mark. 60° and fog. Wrists wrapped in ice. Short Story and pepsi.
Glad you can still get that Short Story in Dean.  Good thoughts!
thanks Dave. AF Cuban corona on deck.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 09:37:46 AM
Serie D is a nice cigar, but Tatuaje?, Illusione?

"This blend produces an elegant, balanced experience with nuanced flavors that build to a medium-full body. If you like Tatuaje, Viaje, Illusione, Padilla, or Diesel... Ortega Serie 'D' Exclusivo is one you MUST add to your home humidor."  - Michael Burgher, Account Manager Cigar.com
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 09:38:50 AM
If today is the first day of the rest of my life, I am in deep shit!
At least it's not the last day of the rest of your life... ;)
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2017, 09:48:00 AM
If today is the first day of the rest of my life, I am in deep shit!
At least it's not the last day of the rest of your life... ;)
Way to glass-half-full it, StuartSmalleyDave.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: ss2 on December 20, 2017, 10:02:06 AM
If today is the first day of the rest of my life, I am in deep shit!
At least it's not the last day of the rest of your life... ;)
Way to glass-half-full it, StuartSmalleyDave.
Actually optimism at it's best!  Go Dave go!
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2017, 10:14:17 AM
If today is the first day of the rest of my life, I am in deep shit!
At least it's not the last day of the rest of your life... ;)
+1
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 10:36:02 AM
If you're likin' yourself some Nubs, then Holt's has them in a flash sale today.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 10:41:13 AM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
I'd appreciate it if you guys could refrain from smoking tonight
Sure. We'll let the other patrons know too.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 10:41:24 AM
Good morning all!
Good morning, Sam.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 10:43:11 AM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
Maybe John II
What time are you shooting for?
My WAZE is telling me 6:15. I'll do my best to get there earlier... With dinner.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2017, 10:50:41 AM
If you're likin' yourself some Nubs, then Holt's has them in a flash sale today.
And the FU has some AJ deals if you need to stock up, the Chosen One in particular.
https://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigarfu/ajs-sampler-sizzler/2009230/ (https://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigarfu/ajs-sampler-sizzler/2009230/)
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2017, 11:11:01 AM
If you're likin' yourself some Nubs, then Holt's has them in a flash sale today.
And the FU has some AJ deals if you need to stock up, the Chosen One in particular.
https://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigarfu/ajs-sampler-sizzler/2009230/ (https://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigarfu/ajs-sampler-sizzler/2009230/)
too bad I have nothing to do with CI anymore.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2017, 11:12:47 AM
If you're likin' yourself some Nubs, then Holt's has them in a flash sale today.
And the FU has some AJ deals if you need to stock up, the Chosen One in particular.
https://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigarfu/ajs-sampler-sizzler/2009230/ (https://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigarfu/ajs-sampler-sizzler/2009230/)
too bad I have nothing to do with CI anymore.
I was thinking of you when I posted it.  That sampler is a couple days worth for you.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: sfish on December 20, 2017, 11:25:57 AM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
Maybe John II
What time are you shooting for?
My WAZE is telling me 6:15. I'll do my best to get there earlier... With dinner.
I know you'll be late, I was asking Dave...no offense  ;D
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 11:26:06 AM
Viaje Holiday Blend Christmas Trees now available at SBC and Atlantic.
Have a full year of age on them as they were blended for last year but missed the deadline.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 11:26:51 AM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
Maybe John II
What time are you shooting for?
5:00-5:15
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 11:32:14 AM
If you're likin' yourself some Nubs, then Holt's has them in a flash sale today.
And the FU has some AJ deals if you need to stock up, the Chosen One in particular.
https://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigarfu/ajs-sampler-sizzler/2009230/ (https://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigarfu/ajs-sampler-sizzler/2009230/)
That was offered at the Sis last week for $99.99....more in Cheapy-Cheapo range.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: sfish on December 20, 2017, 11:32:18 AM
Viaje Holiday Blend Christmas Trees now available at SBC and Atlantic.
Have a full year of age on them as they were blended for last year but missed the deadline.
Rough vitola though, like 4x60?
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: sfish on December 20, 2017, 11:32:46 AM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
Maybe John II
What time are you shooting for?
5:00-5:15
Same here...if all breaks right
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 11:33:06 AM
If you're likin' yourself some Nubs, then Holt's has them in a flash sale today.
And the FU has some AJ deals if you need to stock up, the Chosen One in particular.
https://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigarfu/ajs-sampler-sizzler/2009230/ (https://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigarfu/ajs-sampler-sizzler/2009230/)
too bad I have nothing to do with CI anymore.
It's the season of reconciliation and forgiveness.  (Except if you're a Dave)
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 11:34:22 AM
Viaje Holiday Blend Christmas Trees now available at SBC and Atlantic.
Have a full year of age on them as they were blended for last year but missed the deadline.
Rough vitola though, like 4x60?
Many/most of the Viaje's tend toward the Nub sizing.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: razgueado on December 20, 2017, 11:36:55 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 11:41:41 AM
#2-4 posted for Cigar Aficionado top 25.  Nothing exciting....
#2  Padrón Serie 1926 No. 2 (Natural)
#3  Oliva Serie V Belicoso
#4  Bolivar Belicoso Fino
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 11:42:21 AM
Hola RevRaz.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 11:46:09 AM
From StogieGuys, What makes an excellent tobacconist

Maintains a good selection at fair prices. This one is obvious. I assume I’ll be paying more than I otherwise would online—and I’m completely OK with that, especially since the shop is offering me a place to smoke. But I don’t think it’s necessary to charge crazy mark-ups, either. And the selection should be big enough to require more than a few minutes to peruse, with the usual suspects and hopefully some hard-to-find smokes as well. House blends, when done right, can add an exclusive touch. The best shops bring in the brands their regulars are clamoring for.

Serves coffee and/or liquor, or implements BYOB. I realize local ordinances and laws may make this impossible, but nothing goes better with a fine cigar than coffee, bourbon, rum, wine, scotch, etc. I’m happy to pay the shop/lounge for drinks, if possible; BYOB is a great alternative. If nothing else, providing coffee or water for free, or for purchase, is a great idea.

Has a friendly, attentive staff. Nothing is worse than being rushed, watched like a hawk, completely ignored, or assumed to be a petty thief. I love it when the staff says something like, “Welcome. Would you like some assistance picking out your cigars, or would you prefer to browse the selection yourself?” It’s a simple question that’s rarely asked.

Stays open later. Time and again I find many shops and lounges close early in the evening—like an hour or two after a normal work day. I understand it isn’t always possible, but I love it when they stay open late enough to have a post-dinner smoke. Bonus points for shops that recognize there are important sporting events that need to be watched, and that often merits staying open later if there’s a crowd.

Provides comfortable seating with access to power outlets. I don’t need decadence, but I don’t want to sit in a lawn chair, either. Plentiful, spread-out seating with solid ventilation is preferred. This is what makes me want to hang out, spend money, and come back.

Makes cleanliness a priority. I’m not asking for much. Empty the ash trays, dust the surfaces, and vacuum after those three guys got pizza crumbs everywhere. Also, the bathroom shouldn’t look like the opening scene of Saw.

Takes good care of the product. The cigars you sell should be in perfect smoking condition at the time of purchase. Period. Too often I’ve purchased a cigar that, once lit, proves to be under- or over-humidified. This should never, ever happen.

Values entertainment. Good TVs, WiFi, and maybe even a poker table. These touches go a long way.

Hosts great events. These days, many cigar consumers follow their favorite cigar makers on social media. They surely notice pictures and posts from cigar celebrities who visit shops across the country, often bringing with them exclusive cigars, branded merchandise, and a chance to make a more personal connection. Good cigar shops attract the best events and offer event-only deals.

Provides valuable consultation. There are tons of cigars on the market, and smoking them all is just not possible. The best shops can make educated suggestions about cigars to try based on a particular customer’s current tastes and interests.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 11:47:00 AM
From StogieGuys, What makes an excellent tobacconist

[...]

Speaking of that, @ThreeBean, Have you been back to the lounge we went to with CarolinaDave?
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2017, 11:51:14 AM
From StogieGuys, What makes an excellent tobacconist

[...]

Casa de Montecristo?  I get their emails and am tempted, but kinda far for me, so no.  Haven't been in to the Habana House yet, either.  Give me a minute to come up with an excuse for that omission.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: razgueado on December 20, 2017, 11:53:13 AM
Hola RevRaz.
<Raz genuflects in Dave's general direction> Morning.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2017, 12:04:31 PM
Hola RevRaz.
<Raz genuflects in Dave's general direction> Morning.
What, because he's the last Dave standing we have to be all respectful now?
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 12:27:36 PM
Hola RevRaz.
<Raz genuflects in Dave's general direction> Morning.
What, because he's the last Dave standing we have to be all respectful now?
Sounds about right.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 12:28:38 PM
Hola RevRaz.
<Raz genuflects in Dave's general direction> Morning.
What, because he's the last Dave standing we have to be all respectful now?
Sounds about right.
...and there's that whole elder thing... ;)
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 12:35:36 PM
From Halfwheel:

Gilberto Oliva Sr., the founder of the Oliva Cigar Co., has passed away at 86.
(From Dec 16, don't know if it was posted previously)
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 12:56:44 PM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
Maybe John II
What time are you shooting for?
My WAZE is telling me 6:15. I'll do my best to get there earlier... With dinner.
I know you'll be late, I was asking Dave...no offense  ;D
Bastage!
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on December 20, 2017, 12:59:08 PM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
Maybe John II
What time are you shooting for?
My WAZE is telling me 6:15. I'll do my best to get there earlier... With dinner.
I know you'll be late, I was asking Dave...no offense  ;D
Bastage!
I like a place that serves drinks, so you have something to do,
while waiting for Tony to show up....
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 01:00:28 PM
Hola RevRaz.
<Raz genuflects in Dave's general direction> Morning.
What, because he's the last Dave standing we have to be all respectful now?
Sounds about right.
Until I offend you...
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 01:02:49 PM
From Halfwheel:

Gilberto Oliva Sr., the founder of the Oliva Cigar Co., has passed away at 86.
(From Dec 16, don't know if it was posted previously)
Is that why they gave him #3?

Spoiler alert: No Olivas in my goodie bag.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 01:03:23 PM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
Maybe John II
What time are you shooting for?
My WAZE is telling me 6:15. I'll do my best to get there earlier... With dinner.
I know you'll be late, I was asking Dave...no offense  ;D
Bastage!
I like a place that serves drinks, so you have something to do,
while waiting for Tony to show up....
You know it's Wednesday, right?
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: razgueado on December 20, 2017, 01:25:10 PM
Hola RevRaz.
<Raz genuflects in Dave's general direction> Morning.
What, because he's the last Dave standing we have to be all respectful now?
No, but I'm a pastor, so *I* have to be.  Sometimes.  When everyone's looking, anyway.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on December 20, 2017, 01:28:45 PM
Morning Dave and Mr. Mayor.  Whose on the roster for this evening?
Looking like Tony, UnderTheWeatherFish, John and your's truly.
Maybe John II
What time are you shooting for?
My WAZE is telling me 6:15. I'll do my best to get there earlier... With dinner.
I know you'll be late, I was asking Dave...no offense  ;D
Bastage!
I like a place that serves drinks, so you have something to do,
while waiting for Tony to show up....
You know it's Wednesday, right?
All day today, and half of tonight!
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2017, 01:45:06 PM
@RazMan:

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/12/13/meet-us-armys-new-pistol.html
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 02:22:43 PM
@RazMan:

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/12/13/meet-us-armys-new-pistol.html
So still not buying 'Murican......
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 02:27:02 PM
Hola RevRaz.
<Raz genuflects in Dave's general direction> Morning.
What, because he's the last Dave standing we have to be all respectful now?
No, but I'm a pastor, so *I* have to be.  Sometimes.  When everyone's looking, anyway.
You scheduled to do any pastoring over the Christmas holiday?
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: sfish on December 20, 2017, 02:34:15 PM
From Halfwheel:

Gilberto Oliva Sr., the founder of the Oliva Cigar Co., has passed away at 86.
(From Dec 16, don't know if it was posted previously)
Is that why they gave him #3?

Spoiler alert: No Olivas in my goodie bag.
Where are my Melanios?
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2017, 02:35:06 PM
@RazMan:

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/12/13/meet-us-armys-new-pistol.html
So still not buying 'Murican......
just thought it was an interesting article.
like cigars, buying 'Murican isn't always a good thing.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: sfish on December 20, 2017, 02:35:08 PM
Later boys, see you NJ guys at the herf
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: razgueado on December 20, 2017, 02:35:55 PM
Hola RevRaz.
<Raz genuflects in Dave's general direction> Morning.
What, because he's the last Dave standing we have to be all respectful now?
No, but I'm a pastor, so *I* have to be.  Sometimes.  When everyone's looking, anyway.
You scheduled to do any pastoring over the Christmas holiday?
No, just putting together the Christmas Eve services.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 02:40:10 PM
Speaking of pastors, anyone else watch a series called "Preacher" (scheduled for it's 3rd season in 2018 on AMC).
It's based on a graphic novel along the lines of the movie Dogma.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 02:41:36 PM
From Halfwheel:

Gilberto Oliva Sr., the founder of the Oliva Cigar Co., has passed away at 86.
(From Dec 16, don't know if it was posted previously)
Is that why they gave him #3?

Spoiler alert: No Olivas in my goodie bag.
Where are my Melanios?
In the Pepperidge Farm isle.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 02:41:59 PM
Later boys, see you NJ guys at the herf
Bringing some ice?
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 02:42:39 PM
@RazMan:

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/12/13/meet-us-armys-new-pistol.html
So still not buying 'Murican......
just thought it was an interesting article.
like cigars, buying 'Murican isn't always a good thing.
Not always, but there are some fine American made firearms.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2017, 03:18:09 PM
From Halfwheel:

Gilberto Oliva Sr., the founder of the Oliva Cigar Co., has passed away at 86.
(From Dec 16, don't know if it was posted previously)
Is that why they gave him #3?

Spoiler alert: No Olivas in my goodie bag.
Where are my Melanios?
In the Pepperidge Farm isle.
CNS
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2017, 03:25:38 PM
Off to Somerville I go.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 03:31:16 PM
Speaking of pastors, anyone else watch a series called "Preacher" (scheduled for it's 3rd season in 2018 on AMC).
It's based on a graphic novel along the lines of the movie Dogma.
No sir. Should I be?
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2017, 04:18:27 PM
Afternoon, gents. In the shop with an Uncle Lee. That stick seems to age well.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: ss2 on December 20, 2017, 04:32:45 PM
sorry I was AWOL this afternoon, crazy busy.  have a HTC Hababo Colorado for the ride home. have a good time tonight!
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on December 20, 2017, 04:53:36 PM
Afternoon, gents. In the shop with an Uncle Lee. That stick seems to age well.
Nephew Bean.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2017, 05:46:58 PM
Afternoon, gents. In the shop with an Uncle Lee. That stick seems to age well.
Nephew Bean.
Uncle Mikey.  77 and sunny here, oh yeah!
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on December 20, 2017, 05:50:56 PM
Afternoon, gents. In the shop with an Uncle Lee. That stick seems to age well.
Nephew Bean.
Uncle Mikey.  77 and sunny here, oh yeah!
45° degrees here.  Relatively balmy.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 07:12:18 PM
First cigar... Caldwell Eastern Standard. The humidification here is absolute shite.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/724efe4a440526fe0df3341bce6c3083.jpg)
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2017, 08:47:04 PM
First cigar... Caldwell Eastern Standard. The humidification here is absolute shite.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/724efe4a440526fe0df3341bce6c3083.jpg)
Give my best wishes GFY to Fish, John, and the White Whale.
Title: Re: 12/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2017, 10:49:14 PM
First cigar... Caldwell Eastern Standard. The humidification here is absolute shite.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/724efe4a440526fe0df3341bce6c3083.jpg)
Give my best wishes GFY to Fish, John, and the White Whale.
John wasn't able to make it... And then there were three.

Wound up letting that Caldwell die out and  followed it up with a Four Kicks maduro. (Sorry, no photo). It was a very good stick that requires revisiting.