CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 24, 2017, 01:16:52 AM

Title: 10/24/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on October 24, 2017, 01:16:52 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 05:19:56 AM
Morning Jammers!
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 05:21:03 AM
Obsidian Robusto

20/$39.99
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 05:22:44 AM
Something different for the Sister:

Sobremesa Short Torpedo (4.7"x54) Box of 14
$99.99
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 05:23:11 AM
Free Shipping today at the Dot Biz
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 05:38:49 AM
Storms moved through about 10 last night and all cleared out now.  62 degrees now and up to 76 with sunshine for the afternoon.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 05:40:24 AM
Flooring installation was scheduled for today and tomorrow but that has been postponed until Thursday and Friday, ready to get it done but not a big deal in the big scheme of things.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 05:42:25 AM
Obsidian Robusto

20/$39.99
This garbage is not even worth recapping.

ACID Kuba Kuba Robustos

10/$44.99
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 05:43:35 AM
Temperatures in the 90's at World Series game time this evening, 8:09 ET.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 06:09:15 AM
Obsidian Robusto

20/$39.99
This garbage is not even worth recapping.

ACID Kuba Kuba Robustos

10/$44.99
Seems the bar has been magically moving on every offer this morning, SHEESH whata bullshit operation!

HC Series Maduro2 Belicoso

10/$29.99
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 06:17:12 AM
Obsidian Robusto

20/$39.99
This garbage is not even worth recapping.

ACID Kuba Kuba Robustos

10/$44.99
Seems the bar has been magically moving on every offer this morning, SHEESH whata bullshit operation!

HC Series Maduro2 Belicoso

10/$29.99
True, but moving is a good thing.  Remember when these dogs used to get hung up?
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 06:19:12 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 06:20:09 AM
Today is Tuesday, Oct. 24, the 297th day of 2017. There are 68 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Oct. 24, 1952, Republican presidential candidate Dwight D. Eisenhower declared in Detroit, "I shall go to Korea" as he promised to end the conflict. (He made the visit over a month later.)

On this date:

In 1537, Jane Seymour, the third wife of England's King Henry VIII, died 12 days after giving birth to Prince Edward, later King Edward VI.

In 1648, the Peace of Westphalia (west-FAY'-lee-uh) ended the Thirty Years War and effectively destroyed the Holy Roman Empire.

In 1861, the first transcontinental telegraph message was sent by Chief Justice Stephen J. Field of California from San Francisco to President Abraham Lincoln in Washington, D.C., over a line built by the Western Union Telegraph Co.

In 1931, the George Washington Bridge, connecting New York and New Jersey, was officially dedicated (it opened to traffic the next day).

In 1936, the short story "The Devil and Daniel Webster" by Stephen Vincent Benet was published in The Saturday Evening Post.

In 1939, DuPont began publicly selling its nylon stockings in Wilmington, Delaware. Benny Goodman and His Orchestra recorded their signature theme, "Let's Dance," for Columbia Records in New York.

In 1945, the United Nations officially came into existence as its charter took effect.

In 1962, a naval quarantine of Cuba ordered by President John F. Kennedy went into effect during the missile crisis.

In 1972, Hall of Famer Jackie Robinson, who'd broken Major League Baseball's color barrier in 1947, died in Stamford, Connecticut, at age 53.

In 1980, the merchant freighter SS Poet departed Philadelphia, bound for Port Said (sah-EED'), Egypt, with a crew of 34 and a cargo of grain; it disappeared en route and has not been heard from since.

In 1992, the Toronto Blue Jays became the first baseball team based outside the U.S. to win the World Series as they defeated the Atlanta Braves, 4-3, in Game 6.

In 2002, authorities apprehended Army veteran John Allen Muhammad and teenager Lee Boyd Malvo near Myersville, Maryland, in the Washington-area sniper attacks. (Malvo was later sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole; Muhammad was sentenced to death and executed in 2009.)
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 06:20:48 AM
Ten years ago: Rapidly rising Internet star Facebook Inc. sold a 1.6 percent stake to Microsoft Corp. for $240 million, spurning a competing offer from online search leader Google Inc. The Boston Red Sox flattened the Colorado Rockies in their World Series opener at Fenway, 13-1.

Five years ago: Less than two weeks before Election Day, President Barack Obama set out on a 40-hour campaign marathon through battleground states; Republican Mitt Romney looked to the Midwest for a breakthrough in a close race shadowed by a weak economy. Hurricane Sandy roared across Jamaica and headed toward Cuba, before taking aim at the eastern United States. The San Francisco Giants took the first game of the World Series, 8-3, over the Detroit Tigers, as Pablo Sandoval became the fourth player to hit three home runs in a World Series game.

One year ago: Campaigning in battleground Florida, a defiant Donald Trump blamed his campaign struggles on "phony polls" from the "disgusting" media. Hillary Clinton and Sen. Elizabeth Warren pounded Trump, accusing him of disrespecting women and denigrating U.S. troops assisting Iraqis in their push to retake the city of Mosul. Pop idol Bobby Vee, 73, died in Rogers, Minnesota.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 06:21:21 AM
Today's Birthdays: Rock musician Bill Wyman is 81. Actor F. Murray Abraham is 78. Movie director-screenwriter David S. Ward is 72. Actor Kevin Kline is 70. Former NAACP President Kweisi Mfume (kwah-EE'-see oom-FOO'-may) is 69. Country musician Billy Thomas (Terry McBride and the Ride) is 64. Actor Doug Davidson is 63. Actor B.D. Wong is 57. Actor Zahn McClarnon is 51. Singer Michael Trent (Americana duo Shovels & Rope) is 40. Rock musician Ben Gillies (Silverchair) is 38. Singer-actress Monica Arnold is 37. Actress-comedian Casey Wilson is 37. Rhythm-and-blues singer Adrienne Bailon (3lw) is 34. Actor Tim Pocock is 32. R&B singer-rapper-actor Drake is 31. Actress Shenae Grimes is 28. Actress Eliza Taylor is 28. Actor Ashton Sanders (Film: "Moonlight") is 22. Olympic gold medal gymnast Kyla Ross is 21. Actor Hudson Yang is 14.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 06:21:49 AM
Thought for Today: "Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday." - Napoleon Hill, American writer (1883-1970).
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 06:22:58 AM
Obsidian Robusto

20/$39.99
This garbage is not even worth recapping.

ACID Kuba Kuba Robustos

10/$44.99
Seems the bar has been magically moving on every offer this morning, SHEESH whata bullshit operation!

HC Series Maduro2 Belicoso

10/$29.99
True, but moving is a good thing.  Remember when these dogs used to get hung up?
Well they have been just timing them out without the bar moving but now suddenly the bar is moving yet they are obviously still timing them out the same way while trying to BS you into thinking they are actually selling.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 06:24:36 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning sir
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 06:27:53 AM
Good morning, Daves.

Enjoy the jam. I'm driving in today so I'll be out of pocket for a bit.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 06:30:38 AM
Good morning, Daves.

Enjoy the jam. I'm driving in today so I'll be out of pocket for a bit.
Morning SchoolBoyMayor, Jam is nothing more than another joke.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 24, 2017, 06:38:48 AM
Good morning Daves and Tony. 67° and breezy, may hit 90° today.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 06:40:07 AM
Good morning Daves and Tony. 67° and breezy, may hit 90° today.
Morning RedHeadDean
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 24, 2017, 06:41:16 AM
thank you all for the 12000 post congrats. I really don't pat attention to my post count, nothing like the CI banter was. I just do as CB taught me, 'post and post often'.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 06:41:53 AM
Obsidian Robusto

20/$39.99
This garbage is not even worth recapping.

ACID Kuba Kuba Robustos

10/$44.99
Seems the bar has been magically moving on every offer this morning, SHEESH whata bullshit operation!

HC Series Maduro2 Belicoso

10/$29.99
Punch Gran Puro Rancho (Robusto)

5/$19.99
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 06:45:45 AM
Obsidian Robusto

20/$39.99
This garbage is not even worth recapping.

ACID Kuba Kuba Robustos

10/$44.99
Seems the bar has been magically moving on every offer this morning, SHEESH whata bullshit operation!

HC Series Maduro2 Belicoso

10/$29.99
True, but moving is a good thing.  Remember when these dogs used to get hung up?
Well they have been just timing them out without the bar moving but now suddenly the bar is moving yet they are obviously still timing them out the same way while trying to BS you into thinking they are actually selling.
All of them are just repeats from the last 3 or 4 Jams.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 24, 2017, 06:56:28 AM
coffee's ready, AF Cuban corona lit. let's get this 2nd Monday started.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 07:00:18 AM
Obsidian Robusto

20/$39.99
This garbage is not even worth recapping.

ACID Kuba Kuba Robustos

10/$44.99
Seems the bar has been magically moving on every offer this morning, SHEESH whata bullshit operation!

HC Series Maduro2 Belicoso

10/$29.99
True, but moving is a good thing.  Remember when these dogs used to get hung up?
Well they have been just timing them out without the bar moving but now suddenly the bar is moving yet they are obviously still timing them out the same way while trying to BS you into thinking they are actually selling.
All of them are just repeats from the last 3 or 4 Jams.
Does make it easier for them from the planning perspective.  Just another corner to cut.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 07:00:41 AM
Time to take the dogs out then feed them.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 07:01:03 AM
Morning SchoolDazeTony and RedheadsOnParadeDean.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 07:04:49 AM
Good morning, Daves.

Enjoy the jam. I'm driving in today so I'll be out of pocket for a bit.
Morning SchoolBoyMayor, Jam is nothing more than another joke.
Sssshhhhocking.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 07:06:05 AM
Good morning Daves and Tony. 67° and breezy, may hit 90° today.
Good morning, RedheadsMatterDean.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 07:07:53 AM
Morning SchoolDazeTony and RedheadsOnParadeDean.
Windy morning here. A few raindrops are starting to fall now too.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 24, 2017, 07:25:00 AM
Good morning Daves and Tony. 67° and breezy, may hit 90° today.
Good morning, RedheadsMatterDean.
....and thank you again Tony.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 07:27:32 AM
Obsidian Robusto

20/$39.99
This garbage is not even worth recapping.

ACID Kuba Kuba Robustos

10/$44.99
Seems the bar has been magically moving on every offer this morning, SHEESH whata bullshit operation!

HC Series Maduro2 Belicoso

10/$29.99
Punch Gran Puro Rancho (Robusto)

5/$19.99
1 ball and 3 strikes so the Jam is out!

Called strike 3:

Vegas Series A Triple-A

10/$29.99
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 07:28:17 AM
Morning SchoolDazeTony and RedheadsOnParadeDean.
Windy morning here. A few raindrops are starting to fall now too.
Beautiful morning here but very wet from last nights rain.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 07:57:23 AM
The bat is back, again. Muciélago is once again heading to stores, this time coming from an A.J. Fernández factory It’s the third incarnation of the blend, which debuted in 2009 by EO Brands. That cigar was made at My Father Cigars S.A. Production stopped and EO Brands split up. ...
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 08:03:20 AM
The bat is back, again. Muciélago is once again heading to stores, this time coming from an A.J. Fernández factory It’s the third incarnation of the blend, which debuted in 2009 by EO Brands. That cigar was made at My Father Cigars S.A. Production stopped and EO Brands split up. ...
Lets hope this is better than #2.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 08:04:46 AM
The bat is back, again. Muciélago is once again heading to stores, this time coming from an A.J. Fernández factory It’s the third incarnation of the blend, which debuted in 2009 by EO Brands. That cigar was made at My Father Cigars S.A. Production stopped and EO Brands split up. ...
Lets hope this is better than #2.
Indeed, at least it is not likely to be worse :o
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 24, 2017, 08:29:32 AM
Just finished changing my address on the SS website. They demand you change your password every 6 months so of course I had to go through all the security questions and then wait to text me the security # to access my account, but it is done. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 08:44:14 AM
Just finished changing my address on the SS website. They demand you change your password every 6 months so of course I had to go through all the security questions and then wait to text me the security # to access my account, but it is done. Sheesh.
Gotta stay ahead of those pesky Russians!
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 08:45:59 AM
Obsidian Robusto

20/$39.99
This garbage is not even worth recapping.

ACID Kuba Kuba Robustos

10/$44.99
Seems the bar has been magically moving on every offer this morning, SHEESH whata bullshit operation!

HC Series Maduro2 Belicoso

10/$29.99
Punch Gran Puro Rancho (Robusto)

5/$19.99
1 ball and 3 strikes so the Jam is out!

Called strike 3:

Vegas Series A Triple-A

10/$29.99
Alec Bradley Coyol Robusto
5/$$23.50

Still crap, but at least something visually different.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 09:00:29 AM
Time to go tinker with the boat, later.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 09:25:22 AM
Obsidian Robusto

20/$39.99
This garbage is not even worth recapping.

ACID Kuba Kuba Robustos

10/$44.99
Seems the bar has been magically moving on every offer this morning, SHEESH whata bullshit operation!

HC Series Maduro2 Belicoso

10/$29.99
Punch Gran Puro Rancho (Robusto)

5/$19.99
1 ball and 3 strikes so the Jam is out!

Called strike 3:

Vegas Series A Triple-A

10/$29.99
Alec Bradley Coyol Robusto
5/$$23.50

Still crap, but at least something visually different.
How do you know it is shite? I agree that it probably is... But how do you know?
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 09:25:43 AM
Time to go tinker with the boat, later.
It's a brand new boat!  What's to tinker?
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 09:26:50 AM
Obsidian Robusto

20/$39.99
This garbage is not even worth recapping.

ACID Kuba Kuba Robustos

10/$44.99
Seems the bar has been magically moving on every offer this morning, SHEESH whata bullshit operation!

HC Series Maduro2 Belicoso

10/$29.99
Punch Gran Puro Rancho (Robusto)

5/$19.99
1 ball and 3 strikes so the Jam is out!

Called strike 3:

Vegas Series A Triple-A

10/$29.99
Alec Bradley Coyol Robusto
5/$$23.50

Still crap, but at least something visually different.
How do you know it is shite? I agree that it probably is... But how do you know?
You are correct sir.  I will rely on my profiling based on scores of other crappy AB cigars suffered through over the years.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 09:29:16 AM
School tonight and none on Thursday this week. Planning to meet up with Charlie and his buddy, Dennis, on Thursday. Probably end up at Jamie's if any of yuz "locals" are up for it.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 09:55:14 AM
[...]

I'd agree with that. I'll wait to try them when they're free on cigar.com.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 10:08:57 AM
[...]

Agreed.  That was my last AB "purchase".
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 10:14:11 AM
Company sold the SD site which was the last of three Cali sites.
Visits with JWacky will be impacted... :(

https://www.integralife.com/integra-lifesciences-announces-definitive-agreement-to-sell-certain-neurosurgery-assets-to-natus-medical-incorporated/product/natusannouncement
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: sfish on October 24, 2017, 10:41:48 AM
Company sold the SD site which was the last of three Cali sites.
Visits with JWacky will be impacted... :(

https://www.integralife.com/integra-lifesciences-announces-definitive-agreement-to-sell-certain-neurosurgery-assets-to-natus-medical-incorporated/product/natusannouncement
Well that sucks
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 11:07:40 AM
Company sold the SD site which was the last of three Cali sites.
Visits with JWacky will be impacted... :(

https://www.integralife.com/integra-lifesciences-announces-definitive-agreement-to-sell-certain-neurosurgery-assets-to-natus-medical-incorporated/product/natusannouncement
Who?
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 24, 2017, 11:46:03 AM
School tonight and none on Thursday this week. Planning to meet up with Charlie and his buddy, Dennis, on Thursday. Probably end up at Jamie's if any of yuz "locals" are up for it.
I can bring the Gurkha's....
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 24, 2017, 11:47:24 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 24, 2017, 11:53:28 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning Brett.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 11:58:48 AM
Morning RenoVaRaz.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 24, 2017, 12:05:45 PM
Morning, muchachos.
morning Brett.
Morning, Don Vito.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 24, 2017, 12:06:28 PM
Morning RenoVaRaz.
Seriously. As of last night, the barn door is up and operational. Morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 12:26:50 PM
Morning RenoVaRaz.
Seriously. As of last night, the barn door is up and operational. Morning, Dave.
Who's barn door?  What are you saying there Raz?   :o
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 24, 2017, 12:32:41 PM
Morning RenoVaRaz.
Seriously. As of last night, the barn door is up and operational. Morning, Dave.
Who's barn door?  What are you saying there Raz?   :o
Smartass. The Chip-and-Joanna-approved barn door that turns the 1.75 bathrooms upstairs into a bath suite.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 12:35:22 PM
Morning RenoVaRaz.
Seriously. As of last night, the barn door is up and operational. Morning, Dave.
Who's barn door?  What are you saying there Raz?   :o
Smartass. The Chip-and-Joanna-approved barn door that turns the 1.75 bathrooms upstairs into a bath suite.
Oh, of course, that kind.  Very nice!
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 12:56:29 PM
School tonight and none on Thursday this week. Planning to meet up with Charlie and his buddy, Dennis, on Thursday. Probably end up at Jamie's if any of yuz "locals" are up for it.
I can bring the Gurkha's....
Please do so and join us.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 12:56:43 PM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola Bret.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 24, 2017, 12:58:11 PM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola Bret.
Good morning, Mr. Ambassador.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 01:04:06 PM
Morning RenoVaRaz.
Seriously. As of last night, the barn door is up and operational. Morning, Dave.
Who's barn door?  What are you saying there Raz?   :o
Smartass. The Chip-and-Joanna-approved barn door that turns the 1.75 bathrooms upstairs into a bath suite.
Or an ensuite, for our Canadian BotL that might be lurking.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 24, 2017, 01:04:37 PM
Morning RenoVaRaz.
Seriously. As of last night, the barn door is up and operational. Morning, Dave.
Who's barn door?  What are you saying there Raz?   :o
Smartass. The Chip-and-Joanna-approved barn door that turns the 1.75 bathrooms upstairs into a bath suite.
Or an ensuite, for our Canadian BotL that might be lurking.
That too.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 01:51:38 PM
Ensuite lull?
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 24, 2017, 02:17:35 PM
Just spent the last two hours trying to access and call the NYS Retirees site to change my address. FINALLY got a human. all is good now.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 02:27:21 PM
Just spent the last two hours trying to access and call the NYS Retirees site to change my address. FINALLY got a human. all is good now.
That explains the lull. Hurry, get some coffee going and light a cigar!
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 24, 2017, 02:36:53 PM
Just spent the last two hours trying to access and call the NYS Retirees site to change my address. FINALLY got a human. all is good now.
Humans are over-rated. Afternoon, boys.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 02:37:18 PM
Ensuite lull?
Is that something like a hirsute?
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 24, 2017, 02:41:00 PM
School tonight and none on Thursday this week. Planning to meet up with Charlie and his buddy, Dennis, on Thursday. Probably end up at Jamie's if any of yuz "locals" are up for it.
I can bring the Gurkha's....
Please do so and join us.
you going there for cigars and drinks, or
cigars, drinks & dinner?  around what time?
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 24, 2017, 02:44:12 PM
Just spent the last two hours trying to access and call the NYS Retirees site to change my address. FINALLY got a human. all is good now.
To err is human, but to really foul things up, requires a computer!
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 24, 2017, 02:44:44 PM
Just spent the last two hours trying to access and call the NYS Retirees site to change my address. FINALLY got a human. all is good now.
That explains the lull. Hurry, get some coffee going and light a cigar!
way ahead of you.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 03:05:36 PM
Just spent the last two hours trying to access and call the NYS Retirees site to change my address. FINALLY got a human. all is good now.
Humans are over-rated. Afternoon, boys.
Vastly.  Hey EasyRiderBean.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 24, 2017, 03:07:15 PM
Just spent the last two hours trying to access and call the NYS Retirees site to change my address. FINALLY got a human. all is good now.
Humans are over-rated. Afternoon, boys.
that's why we have the banter?
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 03:10:44 PM
Ensuite lull?
Is that something like a hirsute?
I'd rather lick an ensuite.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2017, 03:12:55 PM

School tonight and none on Thursday this week. Planning to meet up with Charlie and his buddy, Dennis, on Thursday. Probably end up at Jamie's if any of yuz "locals" are up for it.
I can bring the Gurkha's....
Please do so and join us.
you going there for cigars and drinks, or
cigars, drinks & dinner?  around what time?

All of the above. The plan is to get there at 5 and stay until 10ish.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2017, 04:34:45 PM
Enjoy!
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 24, 2017, 05:00:41 PM
Just spent the last two hours trying to access and call the NYS Retirees site to change my address. FINALLY got a human. all is good now.
Humans are over-rated. Afternoon, boys.
that's why we have the banter?
See the post above about computers.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 05:10:22 PM
LFD Cameroon lit, very nice out today!
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 05:11:29 PM
Just spent the last two hours trying to access and call the NYS Retirees site to change my address. FINALLY got a human. all is good now.
If it was the Federal OPM you would still be on hold
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 05:12:19 PM
Just spent the last two hours trying to access and call the NYS Retirees site to change my address. FINALLY got a human. all is good now.
Humans are over-rated. Afternoon, boys.
Afternoon BikerBean, guess you got home.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 05:22:02 PM
The Peasants are Revolting and the Turncoats are on the run!

Senator Jeff Flake told The Arizona Republic ahead of his announcement that he has become convinced “there may not be a place for a Republican like me in the current Republican climate or the current Republican Party.” Gee, ya think?

Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 24, 2017, 05:26:04 PM
The Peasants are Revolting and the Turncoats are on the run!

Senator Jeff Flake told The Arizona Republic ahead of his announcement that he has become convinced “there may not be a place for a Republican like me in the current Republican climate or the current Republican Party.” Gee, ya think?

no, politicians don't think, they just lie, cheat, and steal.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 05:28:59 PM
The Peasants are Revolting and the Turncoats are on the run!

Senator Jeff Flake told The Arizona Republic ahead of his announcement that he has become convinced “there may not be a place for a Republican like me in the current Republican climate or the current Republican Party.” Gee, ya think?

no, politicians don't think, they just lie, cheat, and steal.
The thinking part was an editorial comment not anything that commie idiot Flake did himself.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 24, 2017, 05:29:56 PM
Just spent the last two hours trying to access and call the NYS Retirees site to change my address. FINALLY got a human. all is good now.
Humans are over-rated. Afternoon, boys.
Afternoon BikerBean, guess you got home.
Yep, rolled in about 7 pm.  Out in the shop with an NR lit.  Nice temps, though a little breezy today.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 24, 2017, 05:33:23 PM
://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.www.complex.com/pop-culture/2011/10/the-50-hottest-redheads-of-all-time/

a lot of non redheads, unless their hairdresser knows different.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 05:47:31 PM
@ Computer Gurus - is 100 Mbps reasonably good internet speed for hd tv streaming?  If not what is?
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 24, 2017, 07:26:36 PM

School tonight and none on Thursday this week. Planning to meet up with Charlie and his buddy, Dennis, on Thursday. Probably end up at Jamie's if any of yuz "locals" are up for it.
I can bring the Gurkha's....
Please do so and join us.
you going there for cigars and drinks, or
cigars, drinks & dinner?  around what time?

All of the above. The plan is to get there at 5 and stay until 10ish.
so you will be there around 7:30 then?   8)
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 09:31:45 PM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 09:32:22 PM
World Series Tied 1-1 after 5 innings.

Kershaw seems to know nothing but strikes with the exception of one home run pitch.  He has  11 strikeouts after 6 innings
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2017, 09:51:29 PM
World Series Tied 1-1 after 5 innings.

Kershaw seems to know nothing but strikes with the exception of one home run pitch.  He has  11 strikeouts after 6 innings
Dodgers up 3-1 after 6 >:(
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 24, 2017, 10:08:23 PM
@ Computer Gurus - is 100 Mbps reasonably good internet speed for hd tv streaming?  If not what is?
Not a computer guru, but that is some high speed internet at that rate.  We have 20 mps here, and no issues streaming stuff.  Check if that is a "peak" rate or actually "guaranteed", though nothing really is in that realm.

Edit:  Just did a speedtest, and we're getting 85.34 Mbps, so damn, it's better than expected!  (TNWSS).
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 24, 2017, 10:09:02 PM
World Series Tied 1-1 after 5 innings.

Kershaw seems to know nothing but strikes with the exception of one home run pitch.  He has  11 strikeouts after 6 innings
Dodgers up 3-1 after 6 >:(
Balls!
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 24, 2017, 10:46:35 PM
World Series Tied 1-1 after 5 innings.

Kershaw seems to know nothing but strikes with the exception of one home run pitch.  He has  11 strikeouts after 6 innings
Dodgers up 3-1 after 6 >:(
And so it ends. As for the Astros, it's gotta suck when the first batter you face hits a home run off your first pitch in a World Series.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 24, 2017, 10:56:03 PM
Looks like I'm PW'ing here.  SCDave is in bed, the NJ boys are at Jaime's, Dean is with a redhead and discovering that the carpet does not match the drapes, UNTony is on a conference call with Senegal or some other hand-out country, NJDave is planning his reemergence as SCDave2, Oy is smoking another Cuban and waiting for the first snowflake to appear, Fish is planning his third vacation this quarter, Short Stack is wrestling with an obstinate boiler, CB is doing curls with a purse, flip is eating who knows what, Ogie is fresh out of free ship codes, and LTG is watching the Browns stink up the place again.
Title: Re: 10/24/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 24, 2017, 11:08:29 PM
Guess I'd better head to bed, vacation over, time to be responsible again, or at least appear to be so.  Adios, mofos.