CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 09, 2017, 12:04:08 AM

Title: 10/9/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on October 09, 2017, 12:04:08 AM
Monday again, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2017, 12:08:39 AM
Pricing La Palina's like Gurkha's now...

La Palina Red Label Toro (6.0"x50)
Pack of 10
In Stock
$9,999.99
save $9,960  100% off  $39.99

CI  is really getting creative with their financing....
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 05:18:08 AM
Morning Pilgrims, Happy Columbus Day!

Your Congress is taking ANOTHER entire week off with pay so why aren't you?

This year the House calendar foresees 111 working days in Washington.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 05:46:01 AM
Dumbass Drunk Driver of the Year!  I would luv to see the look on his lawyers face when he tells him what happened.

If you are ever stopped and been drinking he has given you a list of what NOT to do.  This fool is facing felony DUI with jail time and did a great job of convicting himself.

Suspected drunk driver hits cyclist, says he tried to call a cab during ACL

http://kxan.com/2017/10/08/suspected-drunk-driver-hits-cyclist-says-he-tried-to-call-a-cab-during-acl/
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 05:57:52 AM
Pricing La Palina's like Gurkha's now...

La Palina Red Label Toro (6.0"x50)
Pack of 10
In Stock
$9,999.99
save $9,960  100% off  $39.99

CI  is really getting creative with their financing....
And even after $9,960 off they are still not a great deal!
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 06:01:44 AM
Nothing but 3 illegitimate children at the Sister today.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 06:15:36 AM
Fairway mowers are out working this morning.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 06:18:14 AM
Good morning, SCDave. Hoping to get on before my morning conference call but wasn't able to. On with the day!
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 06:22:38 AM
Good morning, SCDave. Hoping to get on before my morning conference call but wasn't able to. On with the day!
Morning Mayor T, sheesh a conference call this early in the morning on Monday :o.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 06:29:27 AM
Good morning, SCDave. Hoping to get on before my morning conference call but wasn't able to. On with the day!
Morning Mayor T, sheesh a conference call this early in the morning on Monday :o.
Tell me about it. Had to take it from home because the earliest bus wouldn't have gotten me in on time.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 06:53:03 AM
Another Very balmy morning, 78 degrees and 97% humidity.  Thunderstorms likely for the afternoon.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2017, 06:53:26 AM
Morning CarolinaDave and Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 06:54:16 AM
Morning CarolinaDave and Mr. Mayor.
Good morning,  NJDave. Where are you today?
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2017, 06:54:47 AM
Taking a BeanerTime flight out today, so have the morning to make it feel like a day off.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 06:56:37 AM
Morning LateFlightDave
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2017, 07:00:43 AM
Morning CarolinaDave and Mr. Mayor.
Good morning,  NJDave. Where are you today?
Heading to Minneapolis.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2017, 07:02:09 AM
Today is Monday, Oct. 9, the 282nd day of 2017. There are 83 days left in the year. This is Columbus Day in the United States, as well as Thanksgiving Day in Canada.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Oct. 9, 1967, Marxist revolutionary guerrilla leader Che Guevara, 39, was summarily executed by the Bolivian army a day after his capture.

On this date:

In 1514, Mary Tudor, the 18-year-old sister of Henry VIII, became Queen consort of France upon her marriage to 52-year-old King Louis XII, who died less than three months later.

In 1776, a group of Spanish missionaries settled in present-day San Francisco.

In 1888, the public was first admitted to the Washington Monument.

In 1914, the Belgian city of Antwerp fell to German forces during World War I.

In 1936, the first generator at Boulder (later Hoover) Dam began transmitting electricity to Los Angeles.

In 1946, the Eugene O'Neill drama "The Iceman Cometh" opened at the Martin Beck Theater in New York.

In 1958, Pope Pius XII died at age 82, ending a 19-year papacy. (He was succeeded by Pope John XXIII.)

In 1975, Soviet scientist Andrei Sakharov (AHN'-dray SAHK'-ah-rawf) was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

In 1985, the hijackers of the Achille Lauro (ah-KEE'-leh LOW'-roh) cruise liner surrendered two days after seizing the vessel in the Mediterranean. (Passenger Leon Klinghoffer was killed by the hijackers during the standoff.)

In 1987, author, politician and diplomat Clare Boothe Luce died in Washington at age 84.

In 1995, a sabotaged section of track caused an Amtrak train, the Sunset Limited, to derail in Arizona; one person was killed and about 80 were injured (the case remains unsolved).

In 2009, President Barack Obama was named the recipient of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize for what the Norwegian Nobel Committee called "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2017, 07:03:10 AM
Ten years ago: Nine Republican presidential hopefuls debated in Dearborn, Michigan; Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani clashed over tax and spending cuts, each claiming greater commitment than the other. Two Armenian Christian women were shot dead while riding in a car in Baghdad by security contractors working for Australian-owned Unity Resources Group. France's Albert Fert and German Peter Gruenberg won the 2007 Nobel Prize in physics for a discovery that let computers, iPods and other digital devices store reams of data on ever-shrinking hard disks. Actress Carol Bruce died in Woodland Hills, California, at age 87.

Five years ago: Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky was sentenced in Bellefonte (BEHL'-fahnt), Pennsylvania, to 30 to 60 years in prison following his June 2012 conviction on 45 counts of sexual abuse of boys. Future Nobel peace laureate Malala Yousufzai (mah-LAH'-lah yoo-SOOF'-zeye), a 14-year-old Pakistani girl who had dared to advocate education for girls and criticize the Taliban, was shot and seriously wounded by a militant gunman in the town of Mingora in the volatile Swat Valley.

One year ago: During a bitter debate in St. Louis, Hillary Clinton declared that Donald Trump's vulgar comments about women revealed "exactly who he is" and proved his unsuitability to be president; firing back, Trump accused Clinton of attacking women involved in Bill Clinton's extramarital affairs and promised she would "be in jail" if he were president. Tom Brady, looking relatively rust-free after serving his four-game "Deflategate" suspension, passed for 406 yards and three touchdowns to Martellus Bennett as the New England Patriots thumped the Cleveland Browns 33-13.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2017, 07:03:57 AM
Today's Birthdays: Retired MLB All-Star Joe Pepitone is 77. Former Sen. Trent Lott, R-Miss., is 76. C-SPAN founder Brian Lamb is 76. Rhythm-and-blues singer Nona Hendryx is 73. Singer Jackson Browne is 69. Nobel Peace laureate Jody Williams is 67. Actor Gary Frank is 67. Actor Richard Chaves is 66. Actor Robert Wuhl is 66. Actress-TV personality Sharon Osbourne is 65. Actor Tony Shalhoub is 64. Actor Scott Bakula is 63. Musician James Fearnley (The Pogues) is 63. Actor John O'Hurley is 63. Writer-producer-director-actor Linwood Boomer is 62. Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Mike Singletary is 59. Actor Michael Pare is 59. Jazz musician Kenny Garrett is 57. Rock singer-musician Kurt Neumann (The BoDeans) is 56. Country singer Gary Bennett is 53. Movie director Guillermo del Toro is 53. Former British Prime Minister David Cameron is 51. Singer P.J. Harvey is 48. Movie director Steve McQueen (Film: "12 Years a Slave") is 48. World Golf Hall of Famer Annika Sorenstam is 47. Actress Cocoa Brown is 45. Country singer Tommy Shane Steiner is 44. Actor Steve Burns is 44. Rock singer Sean Lennon is 42. Actor Randy Spelling is 39. Christian hip-hop artist Lecrae is 38. Actor Brandon Routh is 38. Actor Zachery Ty Bryan is 36. Actress Spencer Grammer is 34. Comedian Melissa Villasenor (TV: "Saturday Night Live") is 30. Actor Tyler James Williams is 25. Country singer Scotty McCreery (TV: "American Idol") is 24.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2017, 07:06:14 AM
Thought for Today: "The world is divided into people who think they are right." — Author unknown.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 07:18:14 AM
Morning CarolinaDave and Mr. Mayor.
Good morning,  NJDave. Where are you today?
Heading to Minneapolis.
One of my favorite cities. Best to go now before winter gets here.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 07:22:20 AM
Thought for Today: "The world is divided into people who think they are right." — Author unknown.
Wrong! (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171009/6254a5babfc06c9913e16cbd6a5ec15c.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 07:27:17 AM
Thought for Today: "The world is divided into people who think they are right." — Author unknown.
Pretty much nothing but whimsical nonsense, thus it makes total sense that nobody is willing to claim it.   Sheesh, even ISIS does not claim it ::)
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 07:37:46 AM
Where would we be without the brilliance of the FBI?

After a week of intense investigation by hundreds of agents they think maybe the Las Vegas Shooter May Have Had An Undetected Mental Illness.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2017, 07:39:06 AM
While you're picking out furniture and whatnot for the new place CarolinaDave, Large humi's on sale at the Sis, 20% off and free ship!

https://www.cigar.com/p/tower-of-power-humidor-humidors/1438314/

https://www.cigar.com/p/sovereign-cabinet-humidor-humidors/1438344/#p-151853

https://www.cigar.com/p/olde-english-cigar-tower-humidors/1480382/#p-151916
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2017, 07:39:50 AM
Where would we be without the brilliance of the FBI?

After a week of intense investigation by hundreds of agents they think maybe the Las Vegas Shooter May Have Had An Undetected Mental Illness.
Ya think?
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 07:55:54 AM
While you're picking out furniture and whatnot for the new place CarolinaDave, Large humi's on sale at the Sis, 20% off and free ship!

https://www.cigar.com/p/tower-of-power-humidor-humidors/1438314/

https://www.cigar.com/p/sovereign-cabinet-humidor-humidors/1438344/#p-151853

https://www.cigar.com/p/olde-english-cigar-tower-humidors/1480382/#p-151916
2 of them are nice designs but unfortunately cheap humi's don't usually seal tight enough and it is difficult to hold humdity levels, also glass doors are not preferred either.  On that 4000 count one add another $1000+ for a quality humidifier system.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2017, 08:01:42 AM
Good morning guys. Happy Monday.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 08:13:08 AM
Good morning guys. Happy Monday.
Morning Dean
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2017, 08:16:48 AM
Gotta spend some time at Verizon today. Dropped my phone and even with the Otter Box my screen cracked.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 08:20:23 AM
Gotta spend some time at Verizon today. Dropped my phone and even with the Otter Box my screen cracked.
Sheesh, breaking it with an otter box on it takes a pretty heavy bump.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2017, 08:30:52 AM
Gotta spend some time at Verizon today. Dropped my phone and even with the Otter Box my screen cracked.
Sheesh, breaking it with an otter box on it takes a pretty heavy bump.
Landed flat on it's face in the concrete driveway.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2017, 08:35:47 AM
Gotta spend some time at Verizon today. Dropped my phone and even with the Otter Box my screen cracked.
Sheesh, breaking it with an otter box on it takes a pretty heavy bump.
Landed flat on it's face in the concrete driveway.
That's going to leave a mark.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 08:36:50 AM
Gotta spend some time at Verizon today. Dropped my phone and even with the Otter Box my screen cracked.
Sheesh, breaking it with an otter box on it takes a pretty heavy bump.
Landed flat on it's face in the concrete driveway.
Did exactly the same thing myself a few years ago and the damn thing literally exploded but I just had a very basic case on it.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2017, 08:43:39 AM
Morning Dean and Bean.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2017, 08:50:19 AM
Morning Dean and Bean.
Morning MinniesoooootaDave.  Internet is jacked up here this morning, first time since we moved to the new shop in May.  Guess it was  a matter of when rather than if.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 09:06:45 AM
Morning Dean and Bean.
Morning MinniesoooootaDave.  Internet is jacked up here this morning, first time since we moved to the new shop in May.  Guess it was  a matter of when rather than if.
Morning NoNetBean.

Have they had your FIL's funeral yet?
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2017, 09:12:06 AM
Morning Dean and Bean.
Morning MinniesoooootaDave.  Internet is jacked up here this morning, first time since we moved to the new shop in May.  Guess it was  a matter of when rather than if.
Morning NoNetBean.

Have they had your FIL's funeral yet?
Scheduled for this coming Saturday in Michigan.  We're flying up Friday, back on Sunday.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 09:14:25 AM
Morning Dean and Bean.
Morning MinniesoooootaDave.  Internet is jacked up here this morning, first time since we moved to the new shop in May.  Guess it was  a matter of when rather than if.
Morning NoNetBean.

Have they had your FIL's funeral yet?
Scheduled for this coming Saturday in Michigan.  We're flying up Friday, back on Sunday.
Oh my, that is a long time to have to wait and travel.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2017, 09:18:30 AM
Off to Verizon.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2017, 09:21:16 AM
Morning Dean and Bean.
Morning MinniesoooootaDave.  Internet is jacked up here this morning, first time since we moved to the new shop in May.  Guess it was  a matter of when rather than if.
Morning NoNetBean.

Have they had your FIL's funeral yet?
Scheduled for this coming Saturday in Michigan.  We're flying up Friday, back on Sunday.
Oh my, that is a long time to have to wait and travel.
Indeed.  Even though the bulk of the arrangements were pre-planned and paid, the warden needs time to get all the details just right.  She spent an entire day just figuring out what clothes to send up there for him to be buried in, ended up at Dillard's buying him something new.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 09:58:08 AM
Morning Dean and Bean.
Morning MinniesoooootaDave.  Internet is jacked up here this morning, first time since we moved to the new shop in May.  Guess it was  a matter of when rather than if.
Morning NoNetBean.

Have they had your FIL's funeral yet?
Scheduled for this coming Saturday in Michigan.  We're flying up Friday, back on Sunday.
Oh my, that is a long time to have to wait and travel.
Indeed.  Even though the bulk of the arrangements were pre-planned and paid, the warden needs time to get all the details just right.  She spent an entire day just figuring out what clothes to send up there for him to be buried in, ended up at Dillard's buying him something new.
I am all too familiar with all that planning, boy has specific instructions on that for me.  Warm weather is a fishing shirt, shorts and boat shoes cool weather is a long sleeve fishing shirt or cold weather is a flannel shirt both with khaki pants and boat shoes with socks.  .
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 09:58:38 AM
Off to Verizon.
Always a fun and pleasant thing to do.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 09:59:30 AM
Just walked the dogs and holy-jeez the humidity is unbelievable.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 10:07:16 AM
WTF will the loons come up with next ::)

A longtime educator has created an increasingly popular lesson that turns the classroom into a courtroom and asks students to put Columbus, his crew, the King and Queen of Spain on trial for murder.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Christopher-columbus-day-history-trial-murder-12258599.php?ipid=hpctp
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 10:12:49 AM
Guess SBC did not get the indigenous message!  Good For Them!

Small Batch Columbus Day Special!

This promotion will be featuring four different tiers that focus on Columbus.

Code: Nina =  14.92% off with ONE Davidoff Scorecard Edition. Minimum purchase of $60

Code: Pinta = 14.92% off with ONE Davidoff Anniversario #2 & ONE Davidoff Scorecard Edition. Minimum purchase of $120

Code: Santa Maria = 14.92% off with ONE Davidoff Millennium Churchill ONE Davidoff Anniversario #2 & ONE Davidoff Scorecard Edition. Minimum purchase of $240.

Code: Columbus = 14.92% off with ONE Zino Platinum Z-Crown Stout ($100 MSRP) minimum purchase of $300.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2017, 10:15:58 AM
Just walked the dogs and holy-jeez the humidity is unbelievable.
Yep, same here, windows were fogged on the outside.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2017, 10:17:39 AM
[...]

What, no "Keep Austin Weird" lapel pin?
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 10:28:12 AM
[...]

We buried my dad with his favorite Shreveport Captains baseball hat on and put his daily Dallas Moning News (he read it everyday) in for him.

Edit:  The then Shreveport Captains became the Round Rock Express when they started up.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 10:36:38 AM
Massive fires in Napa and Sonoma counties burn structures, force evacuations, close hospitals

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/2-big-wildfires-prompt-evacuations-in-Napa-County-12262945.php

Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 10:40:42 AM
Time to go to the paint store and try to match some damn ceiling paint.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 10:51:12 AM
Holy effin' Monday, amIright? And it ain't even noon. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 10:55:33 AM
[...]

You think it'll be cold where you're going?
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2017, 11:01:21 AM
[...]

CNS
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 11:15:59 AM
Good morning, Mark. Humid as hell up here too.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 09, 2017, 11:28:38 AM
Where would we be without the brilliance of the FBI?

After a week of intense investigation by hundreds of agents they think maybe the Las Vegas Shooter May Have Had An Undetected Mental Illness.
Gee, y'think?

Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 09, 2017, 11:28:54 AM
Where would we be without the brilliance of the FBI?

After a week of intense investigation by hundreds of agents they think maybe the Las Vegas Shooter May Have Had An Undetected Mental Illness.
Ya think?
What he said.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 09, 2017, 11:32:42 AM
Holy effin' Monday, amIright? And it ain't even noon. Sheesh.
It's a Monday. No freaking' doubt about it.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: sfish on October 09, 2017, 11:35:10 AM
Mashed:

My Father No. 4 5 Pk
$29.98
SOLD OUT!

Great deal if they were ever there
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 11:42:05 AM
Mashed:

My Father No. 4 5 Pk
$29.98
SOLD OUT!

Great deal if they were ever there
Yeah, they been showing up for a couple of weeks and always sold out.  F'n Famous Bastards!
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 11:51:16 AM
Where would we be without the brilliance of the FBI?

After a week of intense investigation by hundreds of agents they think maybe the Las Vegas Shooter May Have Had An Undetected Mental Illness.
Gee, y'think?

Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz. Hope you had an enjoyable weekend.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 09, 2017, 11:52:01 AM
Where would we be without the brilliance of the FBI?

After a week of intense investigation by hundreds of agents they think maybe the Las Vegas Shooter May Have Had An Undetected Mental Illness.
Gee, y'think?

Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz. Hope you had an enjoyable weekend.
All things considered, I did. Morning, Mayor T.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 11:52:45 AM
Mashed:

My Father No. 4 5 Pk
$29.98
SOLD OUT!

Great deal if they were ever there
That's always half the battle on the decent deals. That's why we pounce when one is available.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 12:49:59 PM
[...]

Don't know, I don't judge!
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 12:54:03 PM
Sitting in a restaurant parking lot watching it rain like a mofo while I am hungry
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 01:44:49 PM
Sitting in a restaurant parking lot watching it rain like a mofo while I am hungry
I walked out to grab a bite and now my pant bottoms and socks are soaked. It's miserable out there.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2017, 02:24:51 PM
Off to Verizon.
Verizon is fucked up!
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 02:31:48 PM
Off to Verizon.
Verizon is fucked up!
Yep. I got rid of them as my mobile provider. The unfortunate truth is that they all suck.

Edit: I wound up cutting my nose off to spite my face. They offer the best service (reception) in my area. You are best off to bring the busted phone to the mall and have one of those glass repair kiosks replace it. It'll run you about $75-$100 but still cheaper than what Verizon will do for you.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 02:36:37 PM
Off to Verizon.
Verizon is fucked up!
Yep. I got rid of them as my mobile provider. The unfortunate truth is that they all suck.
Exactly, I have had both major ones and they are both totally fuct up!  All the other ones are even worse too.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 02:37:50 PM
Off to Verizon.
Verizon is fucked up!
Exactly the experience description I was anticipating
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 02:40:33 PM
By the way, I replaced the screen myself once and these old eyes are never gonna attempt that again. It's just not worth the frustration. And it wound up costing me about the same as having a place do it for me.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2017, 02:47:02 PM
Off to Verizon.
Verizon is fucked up!
Yep. I got rid of them as my mobile provider. The unfortunate truth is that they all suck.

Edit: I wound up cutting my nose off to spite my face. They offer the best service (reception) in my area. You are best off to bring the busted phone to the mall and have one of those glass repair kiosks replace it. It'll run you about $75-$100 but still cheaper than what Verizon will do for you.
the insurance claim will cost me $150. Verizon wanted to put me in a new phone for $275. WTF.
I know they all suck. I don't know why I have insurance if it costs me money.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 03:04:57 PM
Off to Verizon.
Verizon is fucked up!
Yep. I got rid of them as my mobile provider. The unfortunate truth is that they all suck.

Edit: I wound up cutting my nose off to spite my face. They offer the best service (reception) in my area. You are best off to bring the busted phone to the mall and have one of those glass repair kiosks replace it. It'll run you about $75-$100 but still cheaper than what Verizon will do for you.
the insurance claim will cost me $150. Verizon wanted to put me in a new phone for $275. WTF.
I know they all suck. I don't know why I have insurance if it costs me money.
I got rid of my insurance for that very reason. You pay monthly for the insurance and then the deductible is about the same price as buying a new phone. I bought my replacement phone (same model that I already had) on ebay for less than $150 and so far, so good.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2017, 03:07:47 PM
Off to Verizon.
Verizon is fucked up!
Exactly the experience description I was anticipating
I didn't want to say, but yeah, I avoid going into one of their stores as I know it will be a long wait while the dumb bitches ahead of me try to chose the color of their phones and then the overpriced accessories to go with.  Eventually speak with a "tech" and be told you're phone is f'kd, go on-line to order a replacement/upgrade.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 03:56:55 PM
Off to Verizon.
Verizon is fucked up!
Exactly the experience description I was anticipating
I didn't want to say, but yeah, I avoid going into one of their stores as I know it will be a long wait while the dumb bitches ahead of me try to chose the color of their phones and then the overpriced accessories to go with.  Eventually speak with a "tech" and be told you're phone is f'kd, go on-line to order a replacement/upgrade.
And the insurance is a total scam
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 03:59:56 PM
Best thing I can say about cell service is I am now the deadbeat and proud of it!  Son  bought us both new iPhones and put them on his unlimited everything business plan.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 04:17:38 PM
4.1" of rain at the Myrtle Beach airport today.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 04:19:56 PM
La Herencia Core lit and some sparkling water.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2017, 05:00:23 PM
Best thing I can say about cell service is I am now the deadbeat and proud of it!  Son  bought us both new iPhones and put them on his unlimited everything business plan.
sonofabitch, DeadbeatDave. LOL.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 05:01:02 PM
Best thing I can say about cell service is I am now the deadbeat and proud of it!  Son  bought us both new iPhones and put them on his unlimited everything business plan.
sonofabitch, DeadbeatDave. LOL.
;D
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2017, 05:03:01 PM
[...]

I filed the claim. My phone has been discontinued of course, and it's not that old. So I go from an LG G5 to the G6 for $149, and when it arrives I'll cancel the insurance. FUCKERS.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2017, 05:06:19 PM
cigar and coffee.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 05:11:36 PM
DIL's father and I were going fishing tomorrow but looks like the weather is going to postpone that plan with an 80% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow,
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2017, 05:16:24 PM
DIL's father and I were going fishing tomorrow but looks like the weather is going to postpone that plan with an 80% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow,
that's too bad. Tstorms moving in here.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 05:19:03 PM
DIL's father and I were going fishing tomorrow but looks like the weather is going to postpone that plan with an 80% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow,
that's too bad. Tstorms moving in here.
Are you still stuck with that $hitty satellite internet at the new place?
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 05:25:30 PM
Astros beat the Red Sox at Fenway 5-4 today to take the series 3-1
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2017, 05:38:19 PM
DIL's father and I were going fishing tomorrow but looks like the weather is going to postpone that plan with an 80% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow,
that's too bad. Tstorms moving in here.
Are you still stuck with that $hitty satellite internet at the new place?
yep, damn 2 year contract. penalty is $20 a month, only had it 7 months. tried finding a cable company to buy the contract but no luck yet.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 05:41:40 PM
DIL's father and I were going fishing tomorrow but looks like the weather is going to postpone that plan with an 80% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow,
that's too bad. Tstorms moving in here.
Are you still stuck with that $hitty satellite internet at the new place?
yep, damn 2 year contract. penalty is $20 a month, only had it 7 months. tried finding a cable company to buy the contract but no luck yet.
That sux
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2017, 05:47:08 PM
DIL's father and I were going fishing tomorrow but looks like the weather is going to postpone that plan with an 80% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow,
that's too bad. Tstorms moving in here.
Are you still stuck with that $hitty satellite internet at the new place?
yep, damn 2 year contract. penalty is $20 a month, only had it 7 months. tried finding a cable company to buy the contract but no luck yet.
That sux
I know.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Oyam18 on October 09, 2017, 05:53:32 PM
Celebrating 35 years
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2017, 05:55:02 PM
Celebrating 35 years
Congratulations!
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2017, 05:57:09 PM
Celebrating 35 years
congrats DaveOy. that's special.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 06:03:56 PM
Celebrating 35 years
Congrats, David!
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 09, 2017, 07:08:05 PM
Celebrating 35 years
Congratulations!
BIG congratulations, amigo!
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2017, 08:07:40 PM
Anniversary lull?
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2017, 10:36:39 PM
Bit brisk out here tonight by the firepit with a Room 101 HN.  Fine way to wind down the day.
Title: Re: 10/9/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2017, 10:36:56 PM
Congrats DaveOy