CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 05, 2017, 12:26:07 AM

Title: 10/5/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on October 05, 2017, 12:26:07 AM
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 05:47:02 AM
Good morning,  guys.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 05, 2017, 06:31:39 AM
Good morning Tony. 72° here, light breeze, heading into the high 80's.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 06:33:28 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and UpAndAtEmDean.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 06:33:36 AM
Good morning Tony. 72° here, light breeze, heading into the high 80's.
About the same here. Supposed to hit 85° today.
Edit: Only about 65° now.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 06:34:34 AM
Guess I'll go into the office today and tomorrow....for a change of pace.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 06:37:27 AM
Today is Thursday, Oct. 5, the 278th day of 2017. There are 87 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Oct. 5, 1947, President Harry S. Truman delivered the first televised White House address as he spoke on the world food crisis.

On this date:

In 1829, the 21st president of the United States, Chester Alan Arthur, was born in North Fairfield, Vermont.

In 1892, the Dalton Gang, notorious for its train robberies, was practically wiped out while attempting to rob a pair of banks in Coffeyville, Kansas.

In 1931, Clyde Pangborn and Hugh Herndon completed the first non-stop flight across the Pacific Ocean, arriving in Washington state some 41 hours after leaving Japan.

In 1941, former Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis, the first Jewish member of the nation's highest court, died in Washington at age 84.

In 1953, Earl Warren was sworn in as the 14th chief justice of the United States, succeeding Fred M. Vinson.

In 1969, the British TV comedy program "Monty Python's Flying Circus" made its debut on BBC 1.

In 1974, the Irish Republican Army bombed two pubs in Guildford, Surrey, England, resulting in five deaths and dozens of injuries. (Four men who became known as the Guildford Four were convicted of the bombings, but were ultimately vindicated.)

In 1984, the space shuttle Challenger blasted off from the Kennedy Space Center on an 8-day mission; the crew included Kathryn D. Sullivan, who became the first American woman to walk in space, and Marc Garneau, the first Canadian astronaut.

In 1988, Democrat Lloyd Bentsen lambasted Republican Dan Quayle during their vice presidential debate, telling Quayle, "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy."

In 1990, a jury in Cincinnati acquitted an art gallery and its director of obscenity charges stemming from an exhibit of sexually graphic photographs by the late Robert Mapplethorpe.

In 1999, two packed commuter trains collided near London's Paddington Station, killing 31 people.

In 2011, Apple founder Steve Jobs, 56, died in Palo Alto, California.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 06:38:05 AM
Ten years ago: President George W. Bush defended his administration's methods of detaining and questioning terrorism suspects, saying both were successful and lawful. Topps Meat Co. said it was closing its business, six days after it was forced to issue a massive beef recall. Track star Marion Jones pleaded guilty in White Plains, New York, to lying to federal investigators when she denied using performance-enhancing drugs, and announced her retirement after the hearing.

Five years ago: A month before the presidential election, the Labor Department reported that unemployment fell in September 2012 to its lowest level, 7.8 percent, since President Barack Obama took office; some Republicans questioned whether the numbers had been manipulated.

One year ago: Portugal's former prime minister Antonio Guterres won the Security Council's unanimous backing to become the next U.N. secretary-general, succeeding Ban Ki-moon. Frenchman Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Scottish-born Fraser Stoddart and Dutch scientist Bernard "Ben" Feringa won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for making devices the size of molecules.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 06:38:36 AM
Morning Dean, Mayor and Dave

Slept in a while this morning
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 06:39:26 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Glynis Johns is 94. College Football Hall of Fame coach Barry Switzer is 80. Rhythm-and-blues singer Arlene Smith (The Chantels) is 76. Singer-musician Steve Miller is 74. Sen. Benjamin L. Cardin, D-Md., is 74. Rock singer Brian Johnson (AC/DC) is 70. Actress Karen Allen is 66. Writer-producer-director Clive Barker is 65. Rock musician David Bryson (Counting Crows) is 63. Rock singer and famine-relief organizer Bob Geldof is 63. Astrophysicist-author Neil deGrasse Tyson is 59. Memorial designer Maya Lin is 58. Actor Daniel Baldwin is 57. Rock singer-musician Dave Dederer is 53. Hockey Hall of Famer Mario Lemieux is 52. Actor Guy Pearce is 50. Actress Josie Bissett is 47. Singer-actress Heather Headley is 43. Pop-rock singer Colin Meloy (The Decemberists) is 43. Rock musician Brian Mashburn (Save Ferris) is 42. Actress Parminder Nagra (pahr-MIHN'-da NAH'-grah) is 42. Actor Scott Weinger is 42. Actress Kate Winslet is 42. Rock musician James Valentine (Maroon 5) is 39. Rock musician Paul Thomas (Good Charlotte) is 37. Actor Jesse Eisenberg is 34. TV personality Nicky Hilton is 34. Actress Azure Parsons is 33. Rhythm-and-blues singer Brooke Valentine is 32. Actor Kevin Bigley is 31. Actor Joshua Logan Moore is 23. Actor Jacob Tremblay is 11.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 06:40:02 AM
Thought for Today: "America has believed that in differentiation, not in uniformity, lies the path of progress. It acted on this belief; it has advanced human happiness, and it has prospered." — Justice Louis D. Brandeis (1856-1941).

Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 06:41:30 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.  House decorating can be tiring work...or maybe it was the cigars and elixer with the boy...
...either way, feels good, doesn't it.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: sfish on October 05, 2017, 06:46:37 AM
Good morning boys
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 06:46:49 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.  House decorating can be tiring work...or maybe it was the cigars and elixer with the boy...
...either way, feels good, doesn't it.
Wish I could sleep till 6:00 or so every morning.  I woke up for an hour or so about 2:30 this morning so total sleep time was about average.

Boy ended up a lirtle late getting home and it was a pretty quiet evening but the pizza was really good.  DIL's parents were there also qnd we always enjoy visiting with them.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 06:47:05 AM
Good morning boys
Morning Fish
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 06:51:06 AM
Guess I'll go into the office today and tomorrow....for a change of pace.
Do you still remember where it is?

Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 06:51:16 AM
Morning StillAVacationInSightFish.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 06:51:46 AM
...TROPICAL DEPRESSION APPROACHING THE COAST OF NICARAGUA... ...FLOODING RAINS EXPECTED OVER PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AMERICA...

Track was shifted about 250  miles west overnight somDean is in a better spot but it is headed dead ass straight towards my brothers house now.  At least it should be no more than a minimal hurricane.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 06:51:52 AM
Guess I'll go into the office today and tomorrow....for a change of pace.
Do you still remember where it is?

Good morning, Dave.
I'll use the GPS.
Morning Mayor Tony.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 06:52:35 AM
Morning Dean, Mayor and Dave

Slept in a while this morning
That's your prerogative. Good morning, SCDave.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 06:56:59 AM
...TROPICAL DEPRESSION APPROACHING THE COAST OF NICARAGUA... ...FLOODING RAINS EXPECTED OVER PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AMERICA...

Track was shifted about 250  miles west overnight somDean is in a better spot but it is headed dead ass straight towards my brothers house now.  At least it should be no more than a minimal hurricane.
Wonder how much damage these storms have done to the tobacco crop?  With all the talk about perfect growing conditions and all that, these storms are regular in the Caribbean, guess they're more resilient than led to believe.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 06:58:09 AM
Good morning boys
Good morning, Scott.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 06:59:53 AM
...TROPICAL DEPRESSION APPROACHING THE COAST OF NICARAGUA... ...FLOODING RAINS EXPECTED OVER PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AMERICA...

Track was shifted about 250  miles west overnight somDean is in a better spot but it is headed dead ass straight towards my brothers house now.  At least it should be no more than a minimal hurricane.
Wonder how much damage these storms have done to the tobacco crop?  With all the talk about perfect growing conditions and all that, these storms are regular in the Caribbean, guess they're more resilient than led to believe.
I was wondering that myself, either way it will be an excuse for the next round of price increases.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 07:03:35 AM
...TROPICAL DEPRESSION APPROACHING THE COAST OF NICARAGUA... ...FLOODING RAINS EXPECTED OVER PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AMERICA...

Track was shifted about 250  miles west overnight somDean is in a better spot but it is headed dead ass straight towards my brothers house now.  At least it should be no more than a minimal hurricane.
Wonder how much damage these storms have done to the tobacco crop?  With all the talk about perfect growing conditions and all that, these storms are regular in the Caribbean, guess they're more resilient than led to believe.
I was wondering that myself, either way it will be an excuse for the next round of price increases.
Like they need excuses?
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 07:09:29 AM
...TROPICAL DEPRESSION APPROACHING THE COAST OF NICARAGUA... ...FLOODING RAINS EXPECTED OVER PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AMERICA...

Track was shifted about 250  miles west overnight somDean is in a better spot but it is headed dead ass straight towards my brothers house now.  At least it should be no more than a minimal hurricane.
Wonder how much damage these storms have done to the tobacco crop?  With all the talk about perfect growing conditions and all that, these storms are regular in the Caribbean, guess they're more resilient than led to believe.
I was wondering that myself, either way it will be an excuse for the next round of price increases.
Like they need excuses?
All 21st century business models include excuses for everything, "DON'T BLAME US" not our fault.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 07:11:27 AM
At the Sister, would be really nice if they had a 20% off coupon today!

Crowned Heads Las Calaveras EL 2017 Sampler   4 Cigars for $35
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 07:16:19 AM
Prepare your teets for a serious milking!

Puerto Rico Is Running Out of Money

Before tackling a $74 billion debt, a liquidity crisis looms
If Congress doesn’t send money, ‘it will be a disaster’

Puerto Rico faces a government shutdown on Oct. 31, including halting its hurricane recovery, if Congress doesn’t provide billions in emergency funds, said Treasury Secretary Raul Maldonado
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 07:27:16 AM
LMAO, Sniveling little bitch

Megyn Kelly made the wrong column of The Hollywood Reporter’s early Fall TV show winners and losers, with her rocky debut week described as falling short of anything momentous.

Based on premiere week ratings released by THR, the former Fox News anchor suffered a 21 percent ratings deficit behind her competitor’s show, “Live with Kelly and Ryan.”
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 07:30:44 AM
Since Travellin Dave is going to the office today I might take the day off.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 07:53:58 AM
Puerto Rican Lull?
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 08:06:19 AM
Oh Chit, gonna be a nasty bastard of a storm!

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION BECOMES TROPICAL STORM NATE NEAR THE COAST OF NICARAGUA... ...FLOODING RAINS EXPECTED OVER PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AMERICA...
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 08:19:13 AM
Puerto Rican Lull?
Si
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 08:26:02 AM
Sun is shining on the freshly mowed golf course and it sure is pretty.  Not a cloud in the sky.

63 degrees now partly cloudy and up to about 80 for the afternoon.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 08:28:00 AM
Puerto Rican Lull?
Si Señor, Tequila and dólars Por Favor
Completed it for you  :)
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 08:34:32 AM
Bean must be sleeping in this morning too.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 08:40:12 AM
At the Sister, would be really nice if they had a 20% off coupon today!

Crowned Heads Las Calaveras EL 2017 Sampler   4 Cigars for $35
I saw that too. Still have $100 worth of gift cards there so I considered using them even without the 20%.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 08:43:59 AM
LMFAO, f'n phony douche bag got caught with his zipper down!

Tim Murphy, the Republican congressman representing Pennsylvania, announced Wednesday that he would not run for a ninth term, amid tawdry revelations of an extramarital affair in which the anti-abortion lawmaker urged his mistress to get an abortion when he thought she was pregnant.

Murphy said in a brief statement through his office that he will "take personal time to seek help as my family and I continue to work through our personal difficulties."

Murphy's decision came a day after the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette published text messages between Murphy and Shannon Edwards.

A Jan. 25 text message from Edwards told the congressman he had "zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," according to the newspaper.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 08:45:43 AM
At the Sister, would be really nice if they had a 20% off coupon today!

Crowned Heads Las Calaveras EL 2017 Sampler   4 Cigars for $35
I saw that too. Still have $100 worth of gift cards there so I considered using them even without the 20%.
And I of course would be sitting on a $20 CI Gift Card.  Just my luck.

Actually $35 with FS is about as cheap as I remember seeing them.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 08:55:47 AM
Meeting time...
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 09:03:10 AM
Sun is shining on the freshly mowed golf course and it sure is pretty.  Not a cloud in the sky.

63 degrees now partly cloudy and up to about 80 for the afternoon.
So I guess you picked the right spot to settle in.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 09:05:17 AM
Sun is shining on the freshly mowed golf course and it sure is pretty.  Not a cloud in the sky.

63 degrees now partly cloudy and up to about 80 for the afternoon.
So I guess you picked the right spot to settle in.
Overall yes but the winters are longer and cooler here than I woul like to have.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 09:06:29 AM
Meeting time...
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 09:18:04 AM
...TROPICAL DEPRESSION APPROACHING THE COAST OF NICARAGUA... ...FLOODING RAINS EXPECTED OVER PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AMERICA...

Track was shifted about 250  miles west overnight somDean is in a better spot but it is headed dead ass straight towards my brothers house now.  At least it should be no more than a minimal hurricane.
Brother has both cars filled with gas and packing up to be ready to evacuate tomorrow, closing the storm shutters except the doors  this evening will be the last step assuming the track does not move away from him.  He has a hotel room in Hammond, LA about an hour and a half away.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 09:35:24 AM
Guess I will get out and go check the work progress.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 09:42:37 AM
Puerto Rican Lull?
Si Señor, Tequila and dólars Por Favor
Completed it for you  :)
Puerto Rican's aren't big on Tequila....Rum is the drink of choice.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 09:47:12 AM
[...]

Oops.....

That's a big difference between GOP and Dems.  Dem's are all for legalizing vices and debauchery, so practicing the same is not out of character.  Repub's on the other hand preaching holier than thou, conservative positions appear the bigger hypocrites when caught behaving the same as the Dem's.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 09:48:42 AM
Puerto Rican Lull?
Si Señor, Tequila and dólars Por Favor
Completed it for you  :)
Puerto Rican's aren't big on Tequila....Rum is the drink of choice.
True
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 09:53:06 AM
...TROPICAL DEPRESSION APPROACHING THE COAST OF NICARAGUA... ...FLOODING RAINS EXPECTED OVER PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AMERICA...

Track was shifted about 250  miles west overnight somDean is in a better spot but it is headed dead ass straight towards my brothers house now.  At least it should be no more than a minimal hurricane.
Brother has both cars filled with gas and packing up to be ready to evacuate tomorrow, closing the storm shutters except the doors  this evening will be the last step assuming the track does not move away from him.  He has a hotel room in Hammond, LA about an hour and a half away.
So he got the brains AND the looks? So unfair.

Meeting lull. Couldn't resist.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 09:53:53 AM
[...]

Really it's about the same both ways just different topics.  Lefties hate guns but every fukn one of them with money has armed bodyguards and armed home security.  Simply stated they are all phony crooks duping the fools that vote for them.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 09:54:44 AM
...TROPICAL DEPRESSION APPROACHING THE COAST OF NICARAGUA... ...FLOODING RAINS EXPECTED OVER PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AMERICA...

Track was shifted about 250  miles west overnight somDean is in a better spot but it is headed dead ass straight towards my brothers house now.  At least it should be no more than a minimal hurricane.
Brother has both cars filled with gas and packing up to be ready to evacuate tomorrow, closing the storm shutters except the doors  this evening will be the last step assuming the track does not move away from him.  He has a hotel room in Hammond, LA about an hour and a half away.
So he got the brains AND the looks? So unfair.

Meeting lull. Couldn't resist.
Just the brains, I got the looks.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 09:59:29 AM
Looks like I am going to have to start over on the damn granite, place has not been able to get me a price estimate in 2 days time after promising to have it to me yesterday so I can imagine the installation issues.  FMTT, and we really like the piece of stone.

There are 3 more places nearby to pick from though.  But, around here they may be even worse.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 10:24:00 AM
[...]

Exactly right....Washington should just be called "Hypocrites R Us".

Best quote about the Murphy fiasco:

Murphy’s district is so safe he could be re-elected if he eloped with a gerbil. But the House Republicans were reported to be talking about getting him to resign, and he announced he’d leave at the end of his term.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 10:25:26 AM
...TROPICAL DEPRESSION APPROACHING THE COAST OF NICARAGUA... ...FLOODING RAINS EXPECTED OVER PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AMERICA...

Track was shifted about 250  miles west overnight somDean is in a better spot but it is headed dead ass straight towards my brothers house now.  At least it should be no more than a minimal hurricane.
Brother has both cars filled with gas and packing up to be ready to evacuate tomorrow, closing the storm shutters except the doors  this evening will be the last step assuming the track does not move away from him.  He has a hotel room in Hammond, LA about an hour and a half away.
So he got the brains AND the looks? So unfair.

Meeting lull. Couldn't resist.
Tony's on a roll.....look out!
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 10:32:30 AM
...TROPICAL DEPRESSION APPROACHING THE COAST OF NICARAGUA... ...FLOODING RAINS EXPECTED OVER PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AMERICA...

Track was shifted about 250  miles west overnight somDean is in a better spot but it is headed dead ass straight towards my brothers house now.  At least it should be no more than a minimal hurricane.
Brother has both cars filled with gas and packing up to be ready to evacuate tomorrow, closing the storm shutters except the doors  this evening will be the last step assuming the track does not move away from him.  He has a hotel room in Hammond, LA about an hour and a half away.
So he got the brains AND the looks? So unfair.

Meeting lull. Couldn't resist.
Tony's on a roll.....look out!
Yeah, but payback is hell ;D
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 10:33:42 AM
[...]

Sadly it's probably true
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 05, 2017, 10:43:41 AM
sloooow.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 10:46:46 AM
...TROPICAL DEPRESSION APPROACHING THE COAST OF NICARAGUA... ...FLOODING RAINS EXPECTED OVER PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AMERICA...

Track was shifted about 250  miles west overnight somDean is in a better spot but it is headed dead ass straight towards my brothers house now.  At least it should be no more than a minimal hurricane.
Brother has both cars filled with gas and packing up to be ready to evacuate tomorrow, closing the storm shutters except the doors  this evening will be the last step assuming the track does not move away from him.  He has a hotel room in Hammond, LA about an hour and a half away.
So he got the brains AND the looks? So unfair.

Meeting lull. Couldn't resist.
Just the brains, I got the looks.
Remember, I've met you in person.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 10:51:05 AM
sloooow.
How are you feeling today, Deano? Is the congestion still an issue? How about the RA?
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 05, 2017, 10:52:57 AM
Just got off the phone with my garbage service. $65 quarterly, I paid in advance, I have the cancelled check and two weeks now they've driven past my can. the lady assured me I was on the list and I asked if I get a break on my next bill. guess first I better see if they pick it up next week.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 05, 2017, 10:54:18 AM
sloooow.
How are you feeling today, Deano? Is the congestion still an issue? How about the RA?
chest still rattling away, RA not terrible. trying hang mirrors and pictures.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 11:05:01 AM
sloooow.
How are you feeling today, Deano? Is the congestion still an issue? How about the RA?
chest still rattling away, RA not terrible. trying hang mirrors and pictures.
On the ceiling?
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 05, 2017, 11:08:09 AM
sloooow.
How are you feeling today, Deano? Is the congestion still an issue? How about the RA?
chest still rattling away, RA not terrible. trying hang mirrors and pictures.
On the ceiling?
LOL. actually doing a wall of mirrors in the living room.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 11:25:14 AM
[...]

Sounds like a really great guy all around!

Murphy is not one of those genial lawmakers whose affable demeanor makes him popular with his peers. Or even with his own office. The Post-Gazette also came up with a memo, apparently written by his chief of staff, complaining about constant turnover due to his “hostile, erratic, unstable, angry, aggressive and abusive behavior.”

There was also a reference to an evening in which Murphy drove some of his staff members to an event in the pouring rain. His “dangerous and erratic” performance behind the wheel was possibly due to the fact that, according to the memo, he was also reading his iPad, playing YouTube videos and texting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/opinion/sex-sanctimony-and-congress.html?src=trending&module=Ribbon&version=origin&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Trending&pgtype=Multimedia
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 11:27:21 AM
sloooow.
How are you feeling today, Deano? Is the congestion still an issue? How about the RA?
chest still rattling away, RA not terrible. trying hang mirrors and pictures.
On the ceiling?
LOL. actually doing a wall of mirrors in the living room.
Always tried to have as few mirrors as possible.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 05, 2017, 11:27:54 AM
Morning boys.  FIL passed away last night.  Not unexpected, his decline steepened the last few weeks.  87 yrs old.  Was a good man, unpretentious, salt-of-the-earth type, and not a cross thing to say about another in all the years I knew him.  RIP
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 05, 2017, 11:34:50 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 05, 2017, 11:34:55 AM
OK, so I'm on the train this morning, and I see Wonder Woman, Spiderman, a guy in a Superman outfit, and a lady dressed like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Oh yeah Comic Con is at the Javits Center. Nothing phases us folks from NYC. 8)
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 05, 2017, 11:45:26 AM
Morning boys.  FIL passed away last night.  Not unexpected, his decline steepened the last few weeks.  87 yrs old.  Was a good man, unpretentious, salt-of-the-earth type, and not a cross thing to say about another in all the years I knew him.  RIP
condolences...
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 11:47:44 AM
Morning boys.  FIL passed away last night.  Not unexpected, his decline steepened the last few weeks.  87 yrs old.  Was a good man, unpretentious, salt-of-the-earth type, and not a cross thing to say about another in all the years I knew him.  RIP
Condolences to all of his family and RIP.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 11:49:56 AM
[...]

Yet the Moron Sheeple have elected him 6 times
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 05, 2017, 11:50:50 AM
Morning boys.  FIL passed away last night.  Not unexpected, his decline steepened the last few weeks.  87 yrs old.  Was a good man, unpretentious, salt-of-the-earth type, and not a cross thing to say about another in all the years I knew him.  RIP
sorry for your loss Mark. sounds like he had a good life?
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 05, 2017, 11:52:38 AM
Thought for Today: "America has believed that in differentiation, not in uniformity, lies the path of progress. It acted on this belief; it has advanced human happiness, and it has prospered." — Justice Louis D. Brandeis (1856-1941).
Now, if everyone would just agree that meat is murder, socialism is justice, cops are all racist brutes, borders are wrong, white people should hand over all their assets to blacks, gender is a spectrum, speech is free so long as it doesnt hurt anyone's feelings, and everyone should turn in their guns...we'd be a happy, diverse, progressive, crime-free, progressive society.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 05, 2017, 11:53:55 AM
sloooow.
How are you feeling today, Deano? Is the congestion still an issue? How about the RA?
chest still rattling away, RA not terrible. trying hang mirrors and pictures.
On the ceiling?
LOL. actually doing a wall of mirrors in the living room.
Always tried to have as few mirrors as possible.
I've always liked mirrors, especially the old ones in gilded frames.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 05, 2017, 11:55:11 AM
OK, so I'm on the train this morning, and I see Wonder Woman, Spiderman, a guy in a Superman outfit, and a lady dressed like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Oh yeah Comic Con is at the Javits Center. Nothing phases us folks from NYC. 8)
typical NYC.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 11:58:41 AM
$24 on the mash if any interested

Pistoff Kristoff Corona Gorda 5 Pack
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 11:59:12 AM
sloooow.
How are you feeling today, Deano? Is the congestion still an issue? How about the RA?
chest still rattling away, RA not terrible. trying hang mirrors and pictures.
On the ceiling?
LOL. actually doing a wall of mirrors in the living room.
Always tried to have as few mirrors as possible.
I've always liked mirrors, especially the old ones in gilded frames.
Not at all a mirror fan myself
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 12:03:18 PM
Beautiful day to sit outside and eat some fried chicken on the Inlet
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 05, 2017, 12:06:12 PM
[...]

Taking personal time to try to find some character.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 05, 2017, 12:12:53 PM
rain moving in, I have a garage for shelter.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 12:35:47 PM
sloooow.
How are you feeling today, Deano? Is the congestion still an issue? How about the RA?
chest still rattling away, RA not terrible. trying hang mirrors and pictures.
On the ceiling?
LOL. actually doing a wall of mirrors in the living room.
Always tried to have as few mirrors as possible.
I've always liked mirrors, especially the old ones in gilded frames.
You do tend to prefer Old and sometimes gilded  (that means redhead, right?)
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 12:36:55 PM
Beautiful day to sit outside and eat some fried chicken on the Inlet
Would be better to be out on the water on a boat.   Just sayin'....
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 12:38:06 PM
Morning boys.  FIL passed away last night.  Not unexpected, his decline steepened the last few weeks.  87 yrs old.  Was a good man, unpretentious, salt-of-the-earth type, and not a cross thing to say about another in all the years I knew him.  RIP
So he probably wouldn't have fit in around these parts.
Sorry for your loss.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 12:38:45 PM
rain moving in, I have a garage for shelter.
Indeed, benefits of movin' on up!
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 12:40:16 PM
Morning boys.  FIL passed away last night.  Not unexpected, his decline steepened the last few weeks.  87 yrs old.  Was a good man, unpretentious, salt-of-the-earth type, and not a cross thing to say about another in all the years I knew him.  RIP
My sincere condolences to you and your family, Mark.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 12:41:15 PM
Beautiful day to sit outside and eat some fried chicken on the Inlet
Would be better to be out on the water on a boat.   Just sayin'....
Yeh but the app ind is gusting pretty strong now
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 12:41:49 PM
Thought for Today: "America has believed that in differentiation, not in uniformity, lies the path of progress. It acted on this belief; it has advanced human happiness, and it has prospered." — Justice Louis D. Brandeis (1856-1941).
Now, if everyone would just agree that meat is murder, socialism is justice, cops are all racist brutes, borders are wrong, white people should hand over all their assets to blacks, gender is a spectrum, speech is free so long as it doesnt hurt anyone's feelings, and everyone should turn in their guns...we'd be a happy, diverse, progressive, crime-free, progressive society.
Agreed!
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 05, 2017, 02:15:45 PM
I need more mirrors.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 02:22:12 PM
I need more mirrors.
No, you need clothes!
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 05, 2017, 02:23:59 PM
I need more mirrors.
No, you need clothes!
I have shorts on!
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 05, 2017, 02:36:32 PM
84°, windows open, nice breeze coming through the house.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 02:39:12 PM
I need more mirrors.
No, you need clothes!
Hahaha. I was thinking the same thing... Shorts or not.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 02:56:20 PM
I need more mirrors.
No, you need clothes!
Hahaha. I was thinking the same thing... Shorts or not.
Agreed....pretty sure he's lying about the shorts.   :o   ::)   :-[
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 03:00:35 PM
SBC specials for the day on RoMa Craft and Cornelius & Anthony.

Happy Thursday!
We hope everyone is having a wonderful week. We got two specials for today only!

Both specials apply to RoMa Craft and Cornelius & Anthony categories!

CODE: THURSDAY = 20% on purchases $49.99+ on above categories!
CODE: THURSDAY100 = 25% on purchases $100+ on above categories!
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 05, 2017, 03:01:54 PM
I need more mirrors.
No, you need clothes!
Hahaha. I was thinking the same thing... Shorts or not.
Agreed....pretty sure he's lying about the shorts.   :o   ::)   :-[
windows wide open. I do not need to pull a Harper Valley PTA.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 03:48:59 PM
I need more mirrors.
No, you need clothes!
Hahaha. I was thinking the same thing... Shorts or not.
Agreed....pretty sure he's lying about the shorts.   :o   ::)   :-[
windows wide open. I do not need to pull a Harper Valley PTA.
Don't need to be pulling anything....
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 04:06:44 PM
Guess I will get out and go check the work progress.
Now you have colors, flooring and maybe counter tops....what about lighting and particularly ceiling fans?
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 05, 2017, 04:17:25 PM
Beautiful day to sit outside and eat some fried chicken on the Inlet
Would be better to be out on the water on a boat.   Just sayin'....
Any day on the water...
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 05, 2017, 04:18:01 PM
Morning boys.  FIL passed away last night.  Not unexpected, his decline steepened the last few weeks.  87 yrs old.  Was a good man, unpretentious, salt-of-the-earth type, and not a cross thing to say about another in all the years I knew him.  RIP
So he probably wouldn't have fit in around these parts.
Sorry for your loss.
Yeah, sad to lose him. Condolences.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 04:19:23 PM
Guess I will get out and go check the work progress.
Now you have colors, flooring and maybe counter tops....what about lighting and particularly ceiling fans?

Ceiling fans are all staying in place except 2 on the balcony which we already purchased.

Only one chandelier to replace and that is pretty easy.

Looked at another granite supplier today and they are coming out to measure tomorrow or Monday, 3 pieces selected to choose from.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 05, 2017, 04:26:30 PM
a lot of rain heading my way.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 04:52:02 PM
MB3 and Sparkling Water
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 05, 2017, 04:58:32 PM
the day started with Wonder Woman and family on the train,
ending with Deckard and a replicant or two, in Blade Runner 2049 premiere. tonight.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 05:05:31 PM
the day started with Wonder Woman and family on the train,
ending with Deckard and a replicant or two, in Blade Runner 2049 premiere. tonight.
You lost me after Wonder Woman.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 05:07:17 PM
the day started with Wonder Woman and family on the train,
ending with Deckard and a replicant or two, in Blade Runner 2049 premiere. tonight.
You lost me after Wonder Woman.
I been lost since Dean built a wall of mirrors
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 05:07:28 PM
MB3 and Sparkling Water
Heading to class. Getting cloudy and supposed to rain tomorrow so looks like two smoke-free days followed by a smoke-free weekend.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 05:10:00 PM
MB3 and Sparkling Water
Heading to class. Getting cloudy and supposed to rain tomorrow so looks like two smoke-free days followed by a smoke-free weekend.
No smokes sux but so does school'n so sounds like you are screwed.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 05:13:26 PM
MB3 and Sparkling Water
Heading to class. Getting cloudy and supposed to rain tomorrow so looks like two smoke-free days followed by a smoke-free weekend.
No smokes sux but so does school'n so sounds like you are screwed.
I'm enjoying my class.

Edit: I'm immediately able to use what I learn at work.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 05:15:53 PM
MB3 and Sparkling Water
Heading to class. Getting cloudy and supposed to rain tomorrow so looks like two smoke-free days followed by a smoke-free weekend.
No smokes sux but so does school'n so sounds like you are screwed.
I'm enjoying my class.

Edit: I'm immediately able to use what I learn at work.
That does help for sure
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 05:21:40 PM
a lot of rain heading my way.
Good thing for that garage!
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 05:22:14 PM
MB3 and Sparkling Water
Heading to class. Getting cloudy and supposed to rain tomorrow so looks like two smoke-free days followed by a smoke-free weekend.
No smokes sux but so does school'n so sounds like you are screwed.
I'm enjoying my class.

Edit: I'm immediately able to use what I learn at work.
Gonna pass the test this time?
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 05, 2017, 05:33:16 PM
the day started with Wonder Woman and family on the train,
ending with Deckard and a replicant or two, in Blade Runner 2049 premiere. tonight.
You lost me after Wonder Woman.
my other post was about a family going to comic con on the train this morning...
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 05:38:35 PM
Full Moon Tonight
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 05:42:11 PM
MB3 and Sparkling Water
Heading to class. Getting cloudy and supposed to rain tomorrow so looks like two smoke-free days followed by a smoke-free weekend.
No smokes sux but so does school'n so sounds like you are screwed.
I'm enjoying my class.

Edit: I'm immediately able to use what I learn at work.
Gonna pass the test this time?
I dunno. Unfortunately, I need to take the exam next month but I won't be done with the course for another 6 weeks after that.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 05, 2017, 05:46:58 PM
MB3 and Sparkling Water
Heading to class. Getting cloudy and supposed to rain tomorrow so looks like two smoke-free days followed by a smoke-free weekend.
No smokes sux but so does school'n so sounds like you are screwed.
I'm enjoying my class.

Edit: I'm immediately able to use what I learn at work.
Gonna pass the test this time?
I dunno. Unfortunately, I need to take the exam next month but I won't be done with the course for another 6 weeks after that.
Hmmmm, that poses an issue
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 05:47:04 PM
Full Moon Tonight
Explains a lot.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2017, 05:48:01 PM
MB3 and Sparkling Water
Heading to class. Getting cloudy and supposed to rain tomorrow so looks like two smoke-free days followed by a smoke-free weekend.
No smokes sux but so does school'n so sounds like you are screwed.
I'm enjoying my class.

Edit: I'm immediately able to use what I learn at work.
Gonna pass the test this time?
I dunno. Unfortunately, I need to take the exam next month but I won't be done with the course for another 6 weeks after that.
Talk to the instructor.  Maybe he can offer some pointers.
Title: Re: 10/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2017, 10:49:56 PM
MB3 and Sparkling Water
Heading to class. Getting cloudy and supposed to rain tomorrow so looks like two smoke-free days followed by a smoke-free weekend.
No smokes sux but so does school'n so sounds like you are screwed.
I'm enjoying my class.

Edit: I'm immediately able to use what I learn at work.
Gonna pass the test this time?
I dunno. Unfortunately, I need to take the exam next month but I won't be done with the course for another 6 weeks after that.
Talk to the instructor.  Maybe he can offer some pointers.
That's a good idea. I've started hitting the books and studying pretty hard besides going to class. The class is helping me out a lot with how to answer some of those really tricky questions.