CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 12, 2017, 12:00:07 AM

Title: 9/12/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on September 12, 2017, 12:00:07 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 12, 2017, 06:00:28 AM
Good morning, brothers.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 06:03:22 AM
Good morning, brothers.
Good Early Morning to ya Mayor
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 06:04:17 AM
Morning Slackers, Happy 2nd Saturday
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 06:07:54 AM
Low budget day at the early morning Deal Sites
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 12, 2017, 06:11:06 AM
Low budget day at the early morning Deal Sites
Sure is. Not a temptation to be found.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 12, 2017, 06:13:04 AM
Good morning, brothers.
Good Early Morning to ya Mayor
Good morning, InTransitDave. Will you be spending a few days in LA?
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 06:17:35 AM
Good morning, brothers.
Good Early Morning to ya Mayor
Good morning, InTransitDave. Will you be spending a few days in LA?
We plan to leave here tomorrow then be in Myrtle Beach Friday.  Overnights in Birmingham and Atlanta planned.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 12, 2017, 06:23:44 AM
Good morning, brothers.
Good Early Morning to ya Mayor
Good morning, InTransitDave. Will you be spending a few days in LA?
We plan to leave here tomorrow then be in Myrtle Beach Friday.  Overnights in Birmingham and Atlanta planned.
You watching the situation in front of you? Some of those areas may be waterlogged.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 06:25:55 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 06:26:16 AM
And now there is Jose, YIKES!  Hopefully it will simply go off into the North Atlantic.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 06:26:43 AM
Good morning, brothers.
Good Early Morning to ya Mayor
Good morning, InTransitDave. Will you be spending a few days in LA?
We plan to leave here tomorrow then be in Myrtle Beach Friday.  Overnights in Birmingham and Atlanta planned.
You watching the situation in front of you? Some of those areas may be waterlogged.
MAY be?
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 06:28:57 AM
And now there is Jose, YIKES!  Hopefully it will simply go off into the North Atlantic.
It's just been kind-of meandering...
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 06:31:03 AM
Good morning, brothers.
Good Early Morning to ya Mayor
Good morning, InTransitDave. Will you be spending a few days in LA?
We plan to leave here tomorrow then be in Myrtle Beach Friday.  Overnights in Birmingham and Atlanta planned.
You watching the situation in front of you? Some of those areas may be waterlogged.
We are prepared to alter our schedule and/or route at any time.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 06:31:37 AM
Morning Travellin Dave
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 06:32:58 AM
Today is Tuesday, Sept. 12, the 255th day of 2017. There are 110 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On September 12, 1942, during World War II, a German U-boat off West Africa torpedoed the RMS Laconia, which was carrying Italian prisoners of war, British soldiers and civilians; it's estimated more than 1,600 people died while some 1,100 survived after the ship sank. The German crew, joined by other U-boats, began rescue operations. (On September 16, the rescue effort came to an abrupt halt when the Germans were attacked by a U.S. Army bomber; as a result, U-boat commanders were ordered to no longer rescue civilian survivors of submarine attacks.)

On this date:

In 1814, the Battle of North Point took place in Maryland during the War of 1812 as American forces slowed British troops advancing on Baltimore.

In 1846, Elizabeth Barrett secretly married Robert Browning at St. Marylebone Church in London.

In 1914, during World War I, the First Battle of the Marne ended in an Allied victory against Germany.

In 1938, Adolf Hitler demanded the right of self-determination for the Sudeten (soo-DAYT'-un) Germans in Czechoslovakia.

In 1944, the Second Quebec Conference opened with President Franklin D. Roosevelt and British Prime Minister Winston Churchill in attendance.

In 1953, Massachusetts Sen. John F. Kennedy married Jacqueline Lee Bouvier (boo-vee-AY') in Newport, Rhode Island.

In 1960, Democratic presidential candidate John F. Kennedy addressed questions about his Roman Catholic faith, telling the Greater Houston Ministerial Association, "I do not speak for my church on public matters, and the church does not speak for me."

In 1974, Emperor Haile Selassie (HY'-lee sehl-AH'-see) was deposed by Ethiopia's military after ruling for 58 years.

In 1977, South African black student leader and anti-apartheid activist Steve Biko (BEE'-koh), 30, died while in police custody, triggering an international outcry.

In 1986, Joseph Cicippio (sih-SIHP'-ee-oh), the acting comptroller at the American University in Beirut, was kidnapped (he was released in December 1991).

In 1987, reports surfaced that Democratic presidential candidate Joseph Biden had borrowed, without attribution, passages of a speech by British Labour Party leader Neil Kinnock (KIHN'-ik) for one of his own campaign speeches. (The Kinnock report, along with other damaging revelations, prompted Biden to drop his White House bid.)

In 1992, the space shuttle Endeavour blasted off, carrying with it Mark Lee and Jan Davis, the first married couple in space; Mae Jemison, the first black woman in space; and Mamoru Mohri, the first Japanese national to fly on a U.S. spaceship. Police in Peru captured Shining Path founder Abimael Guzman. Actor Anthony Perkins died in Hollywood at age 60.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 06:33:37 AM
Ten years ago: Russian President Vladimir Putin replaced long-serving Prime Minister Mikhail Fradkov with an obscure Cabinet official, Viktor Zubkov. Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe (shin-zoh ah-bay) announced his resignation.

Five years ago: The U.S. dispatched an elite group of Marines to Tripoli, Libya, after the mob attack in Benghazi that killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans. President Barack Obama strongly condemned the violence, and vowed to bring the killers to justice; Republican challenger Mitt Romney accused the administration of showing weakness in the face of tumultuous events in the Middle East.

One year ago: Striking a conciliatory tone after an Oval Office sitdown, President Barack Obama and the top Senate Republican declared themselves hopeful that an agreement could be reached to keep the government running and to provide money to take care of the worsening Zika (ZEE'-kuh) crisis. Two men disrupted a live broadcast of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" by rushing onto the stage to protest Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte's presence on the show. (Lochte and his swimming teammates faced criticism since they were involved in an early-morning drunken encounter at a gas station in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.)
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 12, 2017, 06:33:56 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Good morning, OGTravellin Dave.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 06:34:08 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor Freddie Jones is 90. Composer Harvey Schmidt ("The Fantasticks") is 88. Actor Ian Holm is 86. Former U.S. Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., is 78. Actress Linda Gray is 77. Singer Maria Muldaur is 75. Actor Joe Pantoliano is 66. Singer-musician Gerry Beckley (America) is 65. Original MTV VJ Nina Blackwood is 65. Rock musician Neil Peart (Rush) is 65. Actor Peter Scolari is 62. Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback is 61. Actress Rachel Ward is 60. Actress Amy Yasbeck is 55. Rock musician Norwood Fisher (Fishbone) is 52. Actor Darren E. Burrows is 51. Rock singer-musician Ben Folds (Ben Folds Five) is 51. Actor-comedian Louis (loo-ee) C.K. is 50. Rock musician Larry LaLonde (Primus) is 49. Golfer Angel Cabrera is 48. Actor-singer Will Chase is 47. Actor Josh Hopkins is 47. Country singer Jennifer Nettles is 43. Actress Lauren Stamile (stuh'-MEE'-lay) is 41. Rapper 2 Chainz is 40. Actor Ben McKenzie is 39. Singer Ruben Studdard is 39. Basketball Hall of Fame player Yao Ming is 37. Singer-actress Jennifer Hudson is 36. Actor Alfie Allen is 31. Actress Emmy Rossum is 31. Country singer Kelsea Ballerini is 24. Actor Colin Ford is 21.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 06:34:46 AM
Thought for Today: "Find the good. It's all around you. Find it, showcase it and you'll start believing it." - Jesse Owens, Olympic gold medal track and field athlete (born this date in 1913, died in 1980).
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 06:35:00 AM
Good morning, brothers.
Good Early Morning to ya Mayor
Good morning, InTransitDave. Will you be spending a few days in LA?
We plan to leave here tomorrow then be in Myrtle Beach Friday.  Overnights in Birmingham and Atlanta planned.
You watching the situation in front of you? Some of those areas may be waterlogged.
MAY be?
Wet is ok, now Charleston is deluged and Georgetown got wet.  Myrtle Beach just got damp.  James island near Charleston was 3 feet under water yesterday.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 12, 2017, 06:39:14 AM
Thought for Today: "Find the good. It's all around you. Find it, showcase it and you'll start believing it." - Jesse Owens, Olympic gold medal track and field athlete (born this date in 1913, died in 1980).
I like this quote. Not sure I believe it, but I like it.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 06:39:56 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Good morning, OGTravellin Dave.
Need to wait for CarolinaTravellinDave to settle in before I start hitting the road again on Monday for a long stretch.  Confusing enough with the number of Dave's, don't need them all to be of the travelling variety.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 06:44:40 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Good morning, OGTravellin Dave.
Need to wait for CarolinaTravellinDave to settle in before I start hitting the road again on Monday for a long stretch.  Confusing enough with the number of Dave's, don't need them all to be of the travelling variety.
Believe me, I will give it my all to shut and lock the Travellin Door behind me Friday afternoon and hand you over the key!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 12, 2017, 06:45:49 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Good morning, OGTravellin Dave.
Need to wait for CarolinaTravellinDave to settle in before I start hitting the road again on Monday for a long stretch.  Confusing enough with the number of Dave's, don't need them all to be of the travelling variety.
As long as y'all can keep it straight.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 07:05:06 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Good morning, OGTravellin Dave.
Need to wait for CarolinaTravellinDave to settle in before I start hitting the road again on Monday for a long stretch.  Confusing enough with the number of Dave's, don't need them all to be of the travelling variety.
As long as y'all can keep it straight.
TWSS.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 12, 2017, 07:12:04 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Good morning, OGTravellin Dave.
Need to wait for CarolinaTravellinDave to settle in before I start hitting the road again on Monday for a long stretch.  Confusing enough with the number of Dave's, don't need them all to be of the travelling variety.
As long as y'all can keep it straight.
TWSS.
Touché.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 07:14:15 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Good morning, OGTravellin Dave.
Need to wait for CarolinaTravellinDave to settle in before I start hitting the road again on Monday for a long stretch.  Confusing enough with the number of Dave's, don't need them all to be of the travelling variety.
Believe me, I will give it my all to shut and lock the Travellin Door behind me Friday afternoon and hand you over the key!
I was very sad to hear that we were selling our San Diego Site as part of another merger divestiture requirement.  Last of our three Cali sites...knew it was coming but sad none the less.  May be a while before there is another JWacky rendezvous.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 12, 2017, 07:17:54 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Good morning, OGTravellin Dave.
Need to wait for CarolinaTravellinDave to settle in before I start hitting the road again on Monday for a long stretch.  Confusing enough with the number of Dave's, don't need them all to be of the travelling variety.
Believe me, I will give it my all to shut and lock the Travellin Door behind me Friday afternoon and hand you over the key!
I was very sad to hear that we were selling our San Diego Site as part of another merger divestiture requirement.  Last of our three Cali sites...knew it was coming but sad none the less.  May be a while before there is another JWacky rendezvous.
That makes me sad too. That was our connection back to what the banter was.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 07:19:04 AM
Looks like the Denver - LA Chargers game was a good one.
But who can stay up to watch that one?
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 07:20:17 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Good morning, OGTravellin Dave.
Need to wait for CarolinaTravellinDave to settle in before I start hitting the road again on Monday for a long stretch.  Confusing enough with the number of Dave's, don't need them all to be of the travelling variety.
Believe me, I will give it my all to shut and lock the Travellin Door behind me Friday afternoon and hand you over the key!
I was very sad to hear that we were selling our San Diego Site as part of another merger divestiture requirement.  Last of our three Cali sites...knew it was coming but sad none the less.  May be a while before there is another JWacky rendezvous.
It was officially announced yesterday is what I meant to say...
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 07:20:51 AM
Where's Dean this morning?  Out chasing 'possums?
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 07:25:28 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Good morning, OGTravellin Dave.
Need to wait for CarolinaTravellinDave to settle in before I start hitting the road again on Monday for a long stretch.  Confusing enough with the number of Dave's, don't need them all to be of the travelling variety.
Believe me, I will give it my all to shut and lock the Travellin Door behind me Friday afternoon and hand you over the key!
I was very sad to hear that we were selling our San Diego Site as part of another merger divestiture requirement.  Last of our three Cali sites...knew it was coming but sad none the less.  May be a while before there is another JWacky rendezvous.
It was officially announced yesterday is what I meant to say...
And I'll be dropping down from a 100K Frequent Flier to mere Gold status....
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 07:27:02 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Good morning, OGTravellin Dave.
Need to wait for CarolinaTravellinDave to settle in before I start hitting the road again on Monday for a long stretch.  Confusing enough with the number of Dave's, don't need them all to be of the travelling variety.
Believe me, I will give it my all to shut and lock the Travellin Door behind me Friday afternoon and hand you over the key!
I was very sad to hear that we were selling our San Diego Site as part of another merger divestiture requirement.  Last of our three Cali sites...knew it was coming but sad none the less.  May be a while before there is another JWacky rendezvous.
It was officially announced yesterday is what I meant to say...
And I'll be dropping down from a 100K Frequent Flier to mere Gold status....
Your world is crumbling around you
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 07:29:15 AM
And where's OhioDave?  Still getting over the shock of the Brownies loosing to the Steelers?
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 07:30:08 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Good morning, OGTravellin Dave.
Need to wait for CarolinaTravellinDave to settle in before I start hitting the road again on Monday for a long stretch.  Confusing enough with the number of Dave's, don't need them all to be of the travelling variety.
Believe me, I will give it my all to shut and lock the Travellin Door behind me Friday afternoon and hand you over the key!
I was very sad to hear that we were selling our San Diego Site as part of another merger divestiture requirement.  Last of our three Cali sites...knew it was coming but sad none the less.  May be a while before there is another JWacky rendezvous.
It was officially announced yesterday is what I meant to say...
And I'll be dropping down from a 100K Frequent Flier to mere Gold status....
Your world is crumbling around you
Indeed...no more Cali, European trips dropped off....sheesh.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 07:31:05 AM
Watched some storm chaser videos of the FL Keys last night and Holy Cow what a mess they are!  Seriously doubt we will be making outer spring trip there, can't see anyway they can be recovered by then when you consider how much other recovery is also required around the state.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 07:33:49 AM
[...]
I have made Hilton Platinum for next year but that will be the last one so want to get my two little free planned trips knocked out in 2018.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 07:35:39 AM
@ Fish - How is your sister in Naples?
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: sfish on September 12, 2017, 07:56:23 AM
@ Fish - How is your sister in Naples?
All good, reasonably speaking. She's driving down today with her BIL, who works for them. He's a trades guy who takes care of their properties, they bought a trailer and are going down to assess and make repairs. No water damage or flooding but they have fencing, screen enclosures and landscaping that took a beating...nothing compared to what was forcasted but plenty of work to do regardless. They have their house we've been going to and just bought a new one 3 miles from there. They will rent out the current one and move into the new one later this year, they also have 4 or 5 other rental homes they own in the same area. Can't shed many tears for someone who can own so much but the storm could have really put a hurting on them
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 08:05:37 AM
@ Fish - How is your sister in Naples?
All good, reasonably speaking. She's driving down today with her BIL, who works for them. He's a trades guy who takes care of their properties, they bought a trailer and are going down to assess and make repairs. No water damage or flooding but they have fencing, screen enclosures and landscaping that took a beating...nothing compared to what was forcasted but plenty of work to do regardless. They have their house we've been going to and just bought a new one 3 miles from there. They will rent out the current one and move into the new one later this year, they also have 4 or 5 other rental homes they own in the same area. Can't shed many tears for someone who can own so much but the storm could have really put a hurting on them
For sure fortunate with only that level of damage.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: sfish on September 12, 2017, 08:09:55 AM
@ Fish - How is your sister in Naples?
All good, reasonably speaking. She's driving down today with her BIL, who works for them. He's a trades guy who takes care of their properties, they bought a trailer and are going down to assess and make repairs. No water damage or flooding but they have fencing, screen enclosures and landscaping that took a beating...nothing compared to what was forcasted but plenty of work to do regardless. They have their house we've been going to and just bought a new one 3 miles from there. They will rent out the current one and move into the new one later this year, they also have 4 or 5 other rental homes they own in the same area. Can't shed many tears for someone who can own so much but the storm could have really put a hurting on them
For sure fortunate with only that level of damage.
Absolutely, blessed to have that much but looked to be potentially catastrophic early on...very lucky
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: sfish on September 12, 2017, 08:11:44 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Good morning, OGTravellin Dave.
Need to wait for CarolinaTravellinDave to settle in before I start hitting the road again on Monday for a long stretch.  Confusing enough with the number of Dave's, don't need them all to be of the travelling variety.
Believe me, I will give it my all to shut and lock the Travellin Door behind me Friday afternoon and hand you over the key!
I was very sad to hear that we were selling our San Diego Site as part of another merger divestiture requirement.  Last of our three Cali sites...knew it was coming but sad none the less.  May be a while before there is another JWacky rendezvous.
It was officially announced yesterday is what I meant to say...
And I'll be dropping down from a 100K Frequent Flier to mere Gold status....
Wow, what does that mean to you and how much longer do you need to be there?
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 12, 2017, 08:13:02 AM
Morning Fish, Daves, Tony. Heading back east myself later this morning for the rest of the week.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 08:15:04 AM
Morning Fish, Daves, Tony. Heading back east myself later this morning for the rest of the week.
Morning YankeeBean
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 08:18:18 AM
[...]
Just shifting projects and priorities.  Just as much time on the road, most of it is currently east of the Mississippi.  In any case, don't plan on being around more than another year, two max.  Then again, one firm I was planning on doing contract work for is HQ'd in Marco Island.... :-\
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
Morning Fish, Daves, Tony. Heading back east myself later this morning for the rest of the week.
Bring a jacket.  We all know how thin your blood is...
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 08:19:42 AM
Morning Fish & Beans.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: sfish on September 12, 2017, 08:22:34 AM
[...]
Ooof, not pretty there
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 12, 2017, 08:32:23 AM
Morning Fish, Daves, Tony. Heading back east myself later this morning for the rest of the week.
Bring a jacket.  We all know how thin your blood is...
Actually looks to be unseasonably warm there this week, but GFY anyway.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 08:46:14 AM
Morning Fish, Daves, Tony. Heading back east myself later this morning for the rest of the week.
Bring a jacket.  We all know how thin your blood is...
Actually looks to be unseasonably warm there this week, but GFY anyway.
LMAO
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: sfish on September 12, 2017, 09:24:12 AM
Bean's fault
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 09:26:56 AM
Morning Fish, Daves, Tony. Heading back east myself later this morning for the rest of the week.
Bring a jacket.  We all know how thin your blood is...
Actually looks to be unseasonably warm there this week, but GFY anyway.
I don't know about that....evening temps would be around 60...you may need gloves and a hat as well as jacket.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 09:28:23 AM
[...]
Actually, I heard back from him...they are on the far side of the island from landfall and all things considered have fairly minor issues.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 09:29:14 AM
Morning Fish, Daves, Tony. Heading back east myself later this morning for the rest of the week.
Bring a jacket.  We all know how thin your blood is...
Actually looks to be unseasonably warm there this week, but GFY anyway.
It's actually very seasonable (by our standards).
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 09:29:55 AM
Dean take the flamingo out for a swim?
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: sfish on September 12, 2017, 09:38:11 AM
Dean take the flamingo out for a swim?
Apparently:
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 12, 2017, 10:15:33 AM
good morning boys, crazy day yesterday.
went into work, but left at 5pm to get back to NJ early for a 6:15 dental appointment.
train from NY Penn Station to Secaucus, has door problems, so we don't leave on time and I miss the 5:46 connection.  So I am sitting there waiting for the 6:13, and NJ Transit decides to cancel it.  Next connection
is 6:46pm.  Call dentist and let them know I won't make the appointment.  get off that train, and while driving to my house, I am passed by an ambulance and a police car.  I turn on my street, and there are 4 police cars and 3 ambulances in front of my house, and the street is blocked.  Thought one of my elderly neighbor might be having medical problems, nope, there is blood on my sidewalk, someone passing through the neighborhood was stabbed.  they take him away in one of the ambulances.  Will try to get to the dentist today.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 12, 2017, 10:16:05 AM
Dean take the flamingo out for a swim?
He and the lady are getting creative with it in the bedroom.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 12, 2017, 10:17:58 AM
[...]
Dayum, that beats any Dad story.  That's a helluva neighborhood if "people passing through" get stabbed.  You might consider moving to the Bronx.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 10:18:33 AM
[...]
Just don't get stabbed!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 10:24:51 AM
Dean take the flamingo out for a swim?
He and the lady are getting creative with it in the bedroom.
Fishy, please no pictures!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 12, 2017, 10:37:59 AM
Time for me to hit the road.  Will check in from the gate with a rack report.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 11:09:20 AM
Time for me to hit the road.  Will check in from the gate with a rack report.
That's the spirit.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 11:09:58 AM
Time for me to hit the road.  Will check in from the gate with a rack report.
Just a quickie in and out or are you staying over the weekend again?
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: sfish on September 12, 2017, 11:13:26 AM
Some interesting "sold out" deals on the mash today
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 12, 2017, 11:22:23 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 11:45:57 AM
RazMan in the House.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 12, 2017, 11:48:00 AM
RazMan in the House.
RazMan in the office, unfortunately. And this day is just shaping up to be a real peach...if by peach one means "clusterfuk."
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 12, 2017, 11:48:52 AM
The only bright spot is the boss is leaving at 12:30. That might help. Some.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 12, 2017, 12:07:53 PM
Time for me to hit the road.  Will check in from the gate with a rack report.
Just a quickie in and out or are you staying over the weekend again?
Returning Friday night. Hopefully doesn't turn into Saturday morning.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 12, 2017, 12:10:52 PM
OK, slim pickings at the gate and the airport in general.  Nice light Tuesday crowd wise.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 12, 2017, 12:16:11 PM
OK, slim pickings at the gate and the airport in general.  Nice light Tuesday crowd wise.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. You weren't gonna use that rack anyways.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 12:24:09 PM
OK, slim pickings at the gate and the airport in general.  Nice light Tuesday crowd wise.
That's what you get for going with off peak travel.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 12:30:57 PM
OK, slim pickings at the gate and the airport in general.  Nice light Tuesday crowd wise.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. You weren't gonna use that rack anyways.
Take it from somebody who knows!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 12, 2017, 12:46:55 PM
OK, slim pickings at the gate and the airport in general.  Nice light Tuesday crowd wise.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. You weren't gonna use that rack anyways.
Take it from somebody who knows!
EXACTLY!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 12, 2017, 02:14:23 PM
OK, slim pickings at the gate and the airport in general.  Nice light Tuesday crowd wise.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. You weren't gonna use that rack anyways.
Take it from somebody who knows!
Somebody who knows what?
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 12, 2017, 02:18:30 PM
OK, slim pickings at the gate and the airport in general.  Nice light Tuesday crowd wise.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. You weren't gonna use that rack anyways. (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tapatalk-emoji/emoji16.png)
Take it from somebody who knows!
Somebody who knows what?
Around here?  Sheesh!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 02:25:58 PM
OK, slim pickings at the gate and the airport in general.  Nice light Tuesday crowd wise.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. You weren't gonna use that rack anyways.
Take it from somebody who knows!
Somebody who knows what?
In this case, about not using racks anyways... ???
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 12, 2017, 02:29:53 PM
Been a busy day, went in for my injections and accidents at almost every light NOT working on the 3 lane in Ocala. WalMart in Ocala got a shipment of gas in, traffic backed up for at least 2 blocks in the right lane. Fight broke out because a guy couldn't get in the center lane. Fights back home in Inglis with evacuees trying to get gas, food, etc, locals I guess had enough of them. No gas reported in my area in Crystal River through Inglis. My power was restored an hour ago so I'm slowly putting the house back in order, air the place out, and do laundry. Oh, and I'm all out of cigars.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 03:09:43 PM
Been a busy day, went in for my injections and accidents at almost every light NOT working on the 3 lane in Ocala. WalMart in Ocala got a shipment of gas in, traffic backed up for at least 2 blocks in the right lane. Fight broke out because a guy couldn't get in the center lane. Fights back home in Inglis with evacuees trying to get gas, food, etc, locals I guess had enough of them. No gas reported in my area in Crystal River through Inglis. My power was restored an hour ago so I'm slowly putting the house back in order, air the place out, and do laundry. Oh, and I'm all out of cigars.
No big deal until I saw that last problem and that one is a big fukn deal!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 12, 2017, 03:43:31 PM
Been a busy day, went in for my injections and accidents at almost every light NOT working on the 3 lane in Ocala. WalMart in Ocala got a shipment of gas in, traffic backed up for at least 2 blocks in the right lane. Fight broke out because a guy couldn't get in the center lane. Fights back home in Inglis with evacuees trying to get gas, food, etc, locals I guess had enough of them. No gas reported in my area in Crystal River through Inglis. My power was restored an hour ago so I'm slowly putting the house back in order, air the place out, and do laundry. Oh, and I'm all out of cigars.
No big deal until I saw that last problem and that one is a big fukn deal!
I lost a small humi from my truck somewhere somehow. I'll hit the ABC store tomorrow.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 12, 2017, 04:29:26 PM
Been a busy day, went in for my injections and accidents at almost every light NOT working on the 3 lane in Ocala. WalMart in Ocala got a shipment of gas in, traffic backed up for at least 2 blocks in the right lane. Fight broke out because a guy couldn't get in the center lane. Fights back home in Inglis with evacuees trying to get gas, food, etc, locals I guess had enough of them. No gas reported in my area in Crystal River through Inglis. My power was restored an hour ago so I'm slowly putting the house back in order, air the place out, and do laundry. Oh, and I'm all out of cigars.
Out of cigars?? This is a disaster! Call in FEMA, stat!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 04:58:54 PM
Been a busy day, went in for my injections and accidents at almost every light NOT working on the 3 lane in Ocala. WalMart in Ocala got a shipment of gas in, traffic backed up for at least 2 blocks in the right lane. Fight broke out because a guy couldn't get in the center lane. Fights back home in Inglis with evacuees trying to get gas, food, etc, locals I guess had enough of them. No gas reported in my area in Crystal River through Inglis. My power was restored an hour ago so I'm slowly putting the house back in order, air the place out, and do laundry. Oh, and I'm all out of cigars.
No big deal until I saw that last problem and that one is a big fukn deal!
I lost a small humi from my truck somewhere somehow. I'll hit the ABC store tomorrow.
Tomorrow hell, what will you do for the rest of the afternoon, not to mention tomorrow morning!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 05:04:43 PM
Been a busy day, went in for my injections and accidents at almost every light NOT working on the 3 lane in Ocala. WalMart in Ocala got a shipment of gas in, traffic backed up for at least 2 blocks in the right lane. Fight broke out because a guy couldn't get in the center lane. Fights back home in Inglis with evacuees trying to get gas, food, etc, locals I guess had enough of them. No gas reported in my area in Crystal River through Inglis. My power was restored an hour ago so I'm slowly putting the house back in order, air the place out, and do laundry. Oh, and I'm all out of cigars.
Those are words I never thought I would hear from anyone on the banter.... :o
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 12, 2017, 05:17:14 PM
Been a busy day, went in for my injections and accidents at almost every light NOT working on the 3 lane in Ocala. WalMart in Ocala got a shipment of gas in, traffic backed up for at least 2 blocks in the right lane. Fight broke out because a guy couldn't get in the center lane. Fights back home in Inglis with evacuees trying to get gas, food, etc, locals I guess had enough of them. No gas reported in my area in Crystal River through Inglis. My power was restored an hour ago so I'm slowly putting the house back in order, air the place out, and do laundry. Oh, and I'm all out of cigars.
Those are words I never thought I would hear from anyone on the banter.... :o
Guess I'll suffer through.
I really think they were stolen.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 12, 2017, 05:34:54 PM
Been a busy day, went in for my injections and accidents at almost every light NOT working on the 3 lane in Ocala. WalMart in Ocala got a shipment of gas in, traffic backed up for at least 2 blocks in the right lane. Fight broke out because a guy couldn't get in the center lane. Fights back home in Inglis with evacuees trying to get gas, food, etc, locals I guess had enough of them. No gas reported in my area in Crystal River through Inglis. My power was restored an hour ago so I'm slowly putting the house back in order, air the place out, and do laundry. Oh, and I'm all out of cigars.
Out of cigars?? This is a disaster! Call in FEMA, stat!
Indeed!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 12, 2017, 06:12:47 PM
Contribute now to the Hurricane Irma Cigar Relief Fund!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 06:31:09 PM
Been a busy day, went in for my injections and accidents at almost every light NOT working on the 3 lane in Ocala. WalMart in Ocala got a shipment of gas in, traffic backed up for at least 2 blocks in the right lane. Fight broke out because a guy couldn't get in the center lane. Fights back home in Inglis with evacuees trying to get gas, food, etc, locals I guess had enough of them. No gas reported in my area in Crystal River through Inglis. My power was restored an hour ago so I'm slowly putting the house back in order, air the place out, and do laundry. Oh, and I'm all out of cigars.
Those are words I never thought I would hear from anyone on the banter.... :o
And for damn sure lastly from Dean'O  :o
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 06:32:49 PM
Sitting on the porch swing with a Tat Black lit and a glass of elixir, light rain falling from Irma.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 12, 2017, 07:21:41 PM
Sitting on the porch swing with a Tat Black lit and a glass of elixir, light rain falling from Irma.
What town?
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 12, 2017, 07:23:39 PM
Evening men.  Made it to CT.  Electrical problems on the plane out of Austin threatened to make me miss my connection.  Hopefully that's it for travel misadventures this trip.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 08:15:50 PM
Evening men.  Made it to CT.  Electrical problems on the plane out of Austin threatened to make me miss my connection.  Hopefully that's it for travel misadventures this trip.
Yea, with a little luck.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 09:02:13 PM
Draggin' Tuesday lull.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 12, 2017, 09:07:04 PM
Draggin' Tuesday lull.
Working in a hotel room lull.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 12, 2017, 09:13:35 PM
Today is National Milkshake day.  It's not too late!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 12, 2017, 09:16:36 PM
Today is National Milkshake day.  It's not too late!
Well schitt, I drove right past a Friendly's this evening, too.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 10:00:25 PM
Today is National Milkshake day.  It's not too late!
Well schitt, I drove right past a Friendly's this evening, too.
Sipping Midleton Very Rare Irish Whiskey here
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 10:00:50 PM
Sitting on the porch swing with a Tat Black lit and a glass of elixir, light rain falling from Irma.
What town?
Shreveport
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 10:03:16 PM
Draggin' Tuesday lull.
Working in a hotel room lull.
TWSS
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 12, 2017, 10:12:07 PM
Sitting on the porch swing with a Tat Black lit and a glass of elixir, light rain falling from Irma.
What town?
Shreveport
I take it there is another Shreveport, because two days of driving puts you way past the one in Louisiana.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 10:18:18 PM
Sitting on the porch swing with a Tat Black lit and a glass of elixir, light rain falling from Irma.
What town?
Shreveport
I take it there is another Shreveport, because two days of driving puts you way past the one in Louisiana.
I have only driven one day, just stayed here two nights.  Going to Birmingham tomorrow .
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 12, 2017, 10:23:15 PM
Daddy's home! Sheesh.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 12, 2017, 10:42:33 PM
Daddy's home! Sheesh.
Jeez Mayor, daddy must have a new squeeze getting home this late.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 12, 2017, 10:48:45 PM
Sitting on the porch swing with a Tat Black lit and a glass of elixir, light rain falling from Irma.
What town?
Shreveport
I take it there is another Shreveport, because two days of driving puts you way past the one in Louisiana.
I have only driven one day, just stayed here two nights.  Going to Birmingham tomorrow .
Slacker!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 12, 2017, 10:50:25 PM
Daddy's home! Sheesh.
Jeez Mayor, daddy must have a new squeeze getting home this late.
One of the moms who saw his concession stand grille performance most likely.  Take me, GreaseFireTony!
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 12, 2017, 11:15:40 PM
Daddy's home! Sheesh.
Jeez Mayor, daddy must have a new squeeze getting home this late.
Daddy's in class Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Title: Re: 9/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 12, 2017, 11:16:22 PM
Daddy's home! Sheesh.
Jeez Mayor, daddy must have a new squeeze getting home this late.
One of the moms who saw his concession stand grille performance most likely.  Take me, GreaseFireTony!
Haha