CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 07, 2017, 12:01:12 AM

Title: 9/7/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on September 07, 2017, 12:01:12 AM
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 05:24:28 AM
Morning All, it is looking like Irma has her path pretty well planned to destroy most of the southern and central Bahamas and the entire east coast of Fl, GA and probably the southern third of SC but things can still change considerably and a 50 mile change can be huge. Several smaller Caribbean islands were totally destroyed yesterday and several more including the larger island of St Thomas were severely damaged.  Pray for everyone in that path!

Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 05:59:07 AM
Hurricane Irma howled past Puerto Rico with 185mph winds after reducing the tiny tropical islands of Barbuda and St Martin to rubble and claiming at least ten lives.

The category 5 storm - the strongest hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic - left a trail of deadly devastation through the Caribbean when it struck on Wednesday on a potential collision course with south Florida.

Barbuda and St Martin suffered the storm's full fury with roughly 95 per cent of properties destroyed on both islands. Officials said at least eight people died on the French part of St Martin - a pristine resort known for its vibrant nightlife.

'It's an enormous catastrophe. Ninety-five percent of the island is destroyed,' top local official Daniel Gibbs said. 'I'm in shock. It's frightening.'

The island, which is divided between the Netherlands and France, was left without drinking water or electricity and the death toll is expected to rise.

Barbuda, part of the twin island nation of Antigua and Barbuda, also suffered 'absolute devastation' and is 'barely habitable' with more than 90 per cent of dwellings completely destroyed, a child killed and 60 per cent of the population left homeless.

Meanwhile, residents on the British Overseas Territory of Anguilla said the island was 'utterly devastated' and looked as though it had 'suffered nuclear bomb devastation'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4860396/Irma-hits-Puerto-Rico-damaging-Barbuda-St-Martin.html#ixzz4rz73M4CI
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 06:22:16 AM
Morning WeatherManDave.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 06:28:35 AM
Today is Thursday, Sept. 7, the 250th day of 2017. There are 115 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On September 7, 1927, American television pioneer Philo T. Farnsworth, 21, succeeded in transmitting the image of a line through purely electronic means with a device called an "image dissector" at his San Francisco laboratory.

On this date:

In 1892, James J. Corbett knocked out John L. Sullivan to win the world heavyweight crown in New Orleans in a fight conducted under the Marquess of Queensberry rules.

In 1916, the Federal Employees Compensation Act, providing financial assistance to federal workers who suffer job-related injuries, was signed into law by President Woodrow Wilson.

In 1936, rock-and-roll legend Buddy Holly was born Charles Hardin Holley in Lubbock, Texas.

In 1940, Nazi Germany began its eight-month blitz of Britain during World War II with the first air attack on London.

In 1957, the original animated version of the NBC-TV peacock logo, used to denote programs "brought to you in living color," made its debut at the beginning of "Your Hit Parade."

In 1963, the National Professional Football Hall of Fame was dedicated in Canton, Ohio.

In 1964, the controversial "Daisy" commercial for President Lyndon Johnson's election campaign, featuring a girl plucking flower petals followed by a nuclear explosion, aired on NBC-TV.

In 1967, the situation comedy "The Flying Nun," starring Sally Field as a novice nun who finds that she can fly, debuted on ABC.

In 1977, the Panama Canal treaties, calling for the U.S. to eventually turn over control of the waterway to Panama, were signed in Washington by President Jimmy Carter and Panamanian leader Omar Torrijos (toh-REE'-hohs). Convicted Watergate conspirator G. Gordon Liddy was released from prison after more than four years.

In 1979, the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) made its cable TV debut.

In 1987, the syndicated TV talk show "Geraldo," hosted by Geraldo Rivera, began an 11-season run.

In 1996, rapper Tupac Shakur was shot and mortally wounded on the Las Vegas Strip; he died six days later.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 06:28:56 AM
Morning WeatherManDave.
Morning Dave, I am a very concerned weatherman today.  A amall shift east in that track with a Cat 3+ status would likely destroy virtually every thing we own as well as that of our son and DIL.  Not a good way to enter retirement.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 06:29:17 AM
Ten years ago: Osama bin Laden appeared in a video for the first time in three years, telling Americans they should convert to Islam if they wanted the war in Iraq to end. A federal judge ruled that Iran had to pay $2.65 billion to the families of the 241 U.S. service members killed in the 1983 bombing of the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut. A jury in St. Francisville, Louisiana, acquitted Sal and Mabel Mangano, the owners of a nursing home where 35 patients died after Hurricane Katrina, of negligent homicide and cruelty charges. Shawn Johnson won the women's all-around title at the world gymnastics championships in Stuttgart, Germany; among the men, China's Yang Wei won his second straight title.

Five years ago: The Labor Department reported that employers added just 96,000 jobs in August 2012, down from 141,000 in July; the dismal finding prompted Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to say, "We're going in the wrong direction," while President Barack Obama, fresh off his nomination for a second term in office, said: "We know it's not good enough." Twin earthquakes and a spate of aftershocks struck southwestern China, toppling thousands of houses and killing more than 80 people. Dorothy McGuire Williamson, 84, who teamed with sisters Christine and Phyllis as the popular McGuire Sisters, died in Paradise Valley, Arizona.

One year ago: In back-to-back appearances, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton confronted their perceived weaknesses during a national security forum in New York, with Clinton, who went first, arguing that her email practices did not expose questionable judgment while Trump, who went second, defended his preparedness to be commander in chief. President Barack Obama, during a visit to Laos, pledged to help to clear away the 80 million unexploded bombs the U.S. dropped on the Southeast Asian country a generation ago.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 06:29:52 AM
Today's Birthdays: Jazz musician Sonny Rollins is 87. Actor Bruce Gray is 81. Singer Gloria Gaynor is 74. Singer Alfa Anderson (Chic) is 71. Actress Susan Blakely is 69. Rock musician Dennis Thompson (MC5) is 69. Actress Julie Kavner is 67. Rock singer Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders) is 66. Rock musician Benmont Tench (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers) is 64. Actor Corbin Bernsen is 63. Actor Michael Emerson is 63. Pianist Michael Feinstein is 61. Singer Margot Chapman is 60. Actress J. Smith-Cameron is 60. Actor W. Earl Brown is 54. Actor Toby Jones is 51. Actress-comedian Leslie Jones (TV: "Saturday Night Live") is 50. Model-actress Angie Everhart is 48. Actress Diane Farr is 48. Country singer Butter (Trailer Choir) is 47. Actress Monique Gabriela Curnen is 47. Actor Tom Everett Scott is 47. Rock musician Chad Sexton (311) is 47. Actress Shannon Elizabeth is 44. Actor Oliver Hudson is 41. Actor Devon Sawa (SAH'-wuh) is 39. Actor JD Pardo is 38. Actor Benjamin Hollingsworth (TV: "Code Black") is 33. Actress Alyssa Diaz (TV: "Ray Donovan"; "Zoo") is 32. Singer-musician Wes Willis (Rush of Fools) is 31. Actress Evan Rachel Wood is 30. Actor Ian Chen (TV: "Fresh Off the Boat") is 11.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 06:30:24 AM
Thought for Today: "Television has proved that people will look at anything rather than each other." - Ann Landers, American advice columnist (1918-2002).
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 06:31:22 AM
Morning WeatherManDave.
Morning Dave, I am a very concerned weatherman today.  A amall shift east in that track with a Cat 3+ status would likely destroy virtually every thing we own as well as that of our son and DIL.  Not a good way to enter retirement.
Understandable.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 06:36:39 AM
Thought for Today: "Television has proved that people will look at anything rather than each other." - Ann Landers, American advice columnist (1918-2002).
That is a good one. :)
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 06:41:39 AM
Morning WeatherManDave.
Morning Dave, I am a very concerned weatherman today.  A amall shift east in that track with a Cat 3+ status would likely destroy virtually every thing we own as well as that of our son and DIL.  Not a good way to enter retirement.
Understandable.
On the bright side the current forecast or anything to the west of it is not too bad for us.

 They are currently forecasting Cat 1 winds in Columbia and parts of the upstate.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 06:42:20 AM
@ Travellin Dave- is your son in Clemson or Charleston?
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 06:49:31 AM
Interesting situation (also dangerous), high rise construction tower cranes are designed for a maximum 145 mph wind load and there are currently 23 of them operating in Miami.  Hurricane Wind speeds increase substantially as the elevation increases.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: sfish on September 07, 2017, 07:06:20 AM
Interesting situation (also dangerous), high rise construction tower cranes are designed for a maximum 145 mph wind load and there are currently 23 of them operating in Miami.  Hurricane Wind speeds increase substantially as the elevation increases.
That's a crazy fact, scary
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 07:11:33 AM
@ Travellin Dave- is your son in Clemson or Charleston?
In Clemson.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 07:13:42 AM
Interesting situation (also dangerous), high rise construction tower cranes are designed for a maximum 145 mph wind load and there are currently 23 of them operating in Miami.  Hurricane Wind speeds increase substantially as the elevation increases.
And as they don't have time to take them down, they plan on securing the bases and unlocking the tops to allow them to freely spin like a weathervane.    :o
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 07:17:42 AM
Good morning guys. Looks like I will be safer on the gulf coast than I felt yesterday. Traffic is a bear on 19/98 here with people avoiding the free toll roads.

My SIL lineman in Texas was dispatched to Florida at 6am this morning.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 07:19:19 AM
Morning WeatherManDave.
Morning Dave, I am a very concerned weatherman today.  A amall shift east in that track with a Cat 3+ status would likely destroy virtually every thing we own as well as that of our son and DIL.  Not a good way to enter retirement.

I sure don't like the sound of that, even though they are talking about it losing a lot of strength by the time it hits SC.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 07:21:52 AM
Interesting situation (also dangerous), high rise construction tower cranes are designed for a maximum 145 mph wind load and there are currently 23 of them operating in Miami.  Hurricane Wind speeds increase substantially as the elevation increases.
That's a crazy fact, scary
Isn't it though!

Morning Fish
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 07:22:55 AM
@ Travellin Dave- is your son in Clemson or Charleston?
In Clemson.
Much better place to be
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 07:24:44 AM
the latest update I have.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 07:25:00 AM
Morning WeatherManDave.
Morning Dave, I am a very concerned weatherman today.  A amall shift east in that track with a Cat 3+ status would likely destroy virtually every thing we own as well as that of our son and DIL.  Not a good way to enter retirement.

I sure don't like the sound of that, even though they are talking about it losing a lot of strength by the time it hits SC.
Wind over 100 is pretty widely devastating and at about 115-120 damage is horrific
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 07:28:42 AM
DIL's parents live in a 5 year old 3 story home on the water just south of Myrtle Beach, needless to say they are sweating bullets.  To make things even worse their beloved 15 year old Labrador Retriever died yesterday.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 07:46:48 AM
Morning WeatherManDave.
Morning Dave, I am a very concerned weatherman today.  A amall shift east in that track with a Cat 3+ status would likely destroy virtually every thing we own as well as that of our son and DIL.  Not a good way to enter retirement.

I sure don't like the sound of that, even though they are talking about it losing a lot of strength by the time it hits SC.
Wind over 100 is pretty widely devastating and at about 115-120 damage is horrific
Hopefully the prediction will hold and it'll hit at the 55 mph Cat 1.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 08:17:49 AM
Morning Mr. Fish.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 08:18:44 AM
Coffee and cigar going during the lull.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 08:20:26 AM
60 degrees here this morning, right nice!
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 08:21:12 AM
Coffee and cigar going during the lull.
Just a cup of Cuban here.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2017, 08:22:06 AM
Good morning gentlemen.  Damn computer doing g a massive update, might as well grab a cigar.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2017, 08:27:28 AM
60 degrees here this morning, right nice!
Indeed.  Nice ride in this morning.  Getting to be playing hooky weather.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 08:28:13 AM
Good morning gentlemen.  Damn computer doing g a massive update, might as well grab a cigar.
Morning Bean
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 08:29:26 AM
60 degrees here this morning, right nice!
Indeed.  Nice ride in this morning.  Getting to be playing hooky weather.
You mean Razzing Off :)

Better watch out for that pesky HR A-Hole
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 08:58:34 AM
Good morning gentlemen.  Damn computer doing g a massive update, might as well grab a cigar.
Best idea you've had all day.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2017, 08:59:21 AM
60 degrees here this morning, right nice!
Indeed.  Nice ride in this morning.  Getting to be playing hooky weather.
You mean Razzing Off :)

Better watch out for that pesky HR A-Hole
Yeah, weather gets nice that fk'er gets even more vigilant.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 08:59:50 AM
Chode day at CI, seems the Sis is doing a Groundhog Day with the Torano's.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2017, 09:00:08 AM
Good morning gentlemen.  Damn computer doing g a massive update, might as well grab a cigar.
Best idea you've had all day.
Decided to go out for breakfast.  Thanks, Bill Gates!
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 09:24:17 AM
Good morning gentlemen.  Damn computer doing g a massive update, might as well grab a cigar.
Best idea you've had all day.
Decided to go out for breakfast.  Thanks, Bill Gates!
Damn, he bought your breakfast :o
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 09:29:44 AM
Somewhat decent prices on a few of these SL and other AJ smokes but certainly not on all of them.

http://www.cigarpage.com/ninety-three-san-lotano-oval-fivers-humdinger-deal.html
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2017, 09:34:12 AM
Good morning, boys.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 09:38:42 AM
Good morning, boys.
Morning Mayor, you back on vacation?
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 07, 2017, 09:51:30 AM
Good morning gentlemen.  Damn computer doing g a massive update, might as well grab a cigar.
Best idea you've had all day.
Decided to go out for breakfast.  Thanks, Bill Gates!
Grits on Gates!
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2017, 09:51:34 AM
Good morning, boys.
Morning Mayor, you back on vacation?
No, I've been in the office since early this morning. Mornings are when I have most of my meetings since I'm dealing with Europeans. Today is a bit slower because it's a national holiday in Geneva.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 09:59:53 AM
Good morning, boys.
Morning Mayor, you back on vacation?
No, I've been in the office since early this morning. Mornings are when I have most of my meetings since I'm dealing with Europeans. Today is a bit slower because it's a national holiday in Geneva.
Every day is a National holiday somewhere in Europe.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 10:00:06 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 10:20:34 AM
$48 for a box of JH 12 honest men with FS at Holts.

http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 10:30:05 AM
For my interests I am glad to hear this because it means the likelihood of error is in my favor to the west.  For Deans interest it is the other way around.

The National Hurricane Center is following a top European computer model showing Hurricane Irma slamming the southeast coast of Florida, while others are predicting a direct hit on the western side of the Sunshine State.

Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2017, 11:03:43 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 11:14:52 AM
11:00 update shows a very slight change to the south coming ashore in Savannah, slightly better for me.

Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 11:15:08 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning Raz
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 11:17:40 AM
Time to go do some moving work.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2017, 11:22:43 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning Raz
Morning, CarolinaTex. Irma's being a typical woman, no?
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 07, 2017, 11:31:43 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning Raz
Morning, CarolinaTex. Irma's being a typical woman, no?
Indeed.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 07, 2017, 11:38:45 AM
La Palina Classic toro.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 07, 2017, 11:46:59 AM
La Palina Classic toro.
Down right tasty!
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2017, 12:00:14 PM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Howdy, Dave.

Need to sneak in a smoke. I'm jonesing. Maybe tomorrow. As it is, I was almost an hour late to class yesterday because traffic was so bad. Rain'll do that.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2017, 12:01:45 PM
La Palina Classic toro.
Down right tasty!
Haven't had one in a while but I do enjoy those.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 07, 2017, 12:07:33 PM
Good morning guys. Looks like I will be safer on the gulf coast than I felt yesterday. Traffic is a bear on 19/98 here with people avoiding the free toll roads.

My SIL lineman in Texas was dispatched to Florida at 6am this morning.
I thought the governor suspended tolls!
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 12:30:04 PM
11:00 update shows a very slight change to the south coming ashore in Savannah, slightly better for me.
Not so sure about that.  The northern side from the eye generally packs the most punch.  Remember the eye sat south of Houston.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 12:44:50 PM
Good morning guys. Looks like I will be safer on the gulf coast than I felt yesterday. Traffic is a bear on 19/98 here with people avoiding the free toll roads.

My SIL lineman in Texas was dispatched to Florida at 6am this morning.
I thought the governor suspended tolls!
You lost me...how does that have to do with line work?
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 07, 2017, 12:48:46 PM
Good morning guys. Looks like I will be safer on the gulf coast than I felt yesterday. Traffic is a bear on 19/98 here with people avoiding the free toll roads.

My SIL lineman in Texas was dispatched to Florida at 6am this morning.
I thought the governor suspended tolls!
You lost me...how does that have to do with line work?
nothing see above
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 01:01:48 PM
Today only we have a special on the follow brands listed below!

CODE: FA = 20% off categories listed below

CODE: FA200 = 25% off categores listed below on purchases $200+!

For Family Affair Thursday we have La Palina, Cornelius & Anthony and My Father!
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 01:02:40 PM
11:00 update shows a very slight change to the south coming ashore in Savannah, slightly better for me.
Not so sure about that.  The northern side from the eye generally packs the most punch.  Remember the eye sat south of Houston.
Over 150 miles away from eye and also angle makes huge difference.  Probably not more than low cat 1 winds that far up, hoping it coordinates with low tide
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 01:06:32 PM
La Palina Classic toro.

me too.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 01:12:58 PM
Good morning guys. Looks like I will be safer on the gulf coast than I felt yesterday. Traffic is a bear on 19/98 here with people avoiding the free toll roads.

My SIL lineman in Texas was dispatched to Florida at 6am this morning.
I thought the governor suspended tolls!
correct, but 3 1/2-4 hours to drive 100 miles. because they are having problems getting emergency vehicles responding on the tolless road they are closing the left lane in places making traffic backups worse. on 19/98 you can do the speed limit plus, until you hit a town and the backups at intetsections get bad. all these rural towns have been depleted of gas, food, and water. great for the local businesses but sure fucks up the locals who just need to grab a quart of milk or something. people from the southwest have been driving as far north as Chiefland for plywood, etc. somebody finally put limits on quantities.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 02:02:49 PM
My thoughts on 11:00 am advisory: Here are the headlines.
•Category 5 storm •175 mph winds •Heading to Turks and Caicos
•Hurricane watch for South Florida •Watch does not include Tampa Bay Area. Irma remains a powerful and very dangerous hurricane and will continue to be one until it makes landfall. The threat of dangerous major hurricane impacts in Florida continues to increase. The track remains locked in on the east coast. I  will let you know if there are ANY indications that the storm may shift west and come up the spine of the state or hug the west coast. We are not out of the woods yet. There is an old meteorology saying and it is very true. You are not in the clear until a storm passes your latitude. Regarding evacuations, I know this is a sensitive subject and I urge you to do what you feel is best for your family. However, I do not see the threat of any storm surge around Tampa Bay and I do not see any threat of major rainfall flooding. We have had a spell of fairly dry weather for a couple of days and even if we were to pick up 5" to 10" of rain, I feel that most areas can handle it. As it stands now, there are some similarities to Matthew last year in respect to weather in our area. Matthew was a major hurricane that passed just east of us. We had gusty winds in the Tampa Bay area. It was certainly manageable. There were stronger winds across Polk, Highlands, Hardee, and Desoto counties but again, it was manageable. I think we will all be happy if we can keep the core of the hurricane east of our area. If we do, we will get though this in decent shape. Unfortunately, this is going to be an extremely close call for the east coast, from Miami right up I-95. A storm track shift of just 50 miles is going to be a HUGE DEAL for everyone. I am not going to try and describe the impacts of the eye wall rolling up I-95. I'm going to avoid getting into that until I am convinced that is going to be the track. The turn to the north Saturday is critical. We are on this and will keep you posted. Both the good and the bad. Please share to keep people informed. www.myfoxhurricane.com
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 07, 2017, 02:27:57 PM
[...]

Chicken Little and the sky is falling!
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 07, 2017, 02:36:21 PM
[...]

I have 6 cases of water at home, but that's only because there was a coupon for three cases of Poland
Sping for $9 at ShopRite a couple of weeks ago.  And I stocked up on two different shopping trips, cause the warden has a hard time pushing a heavy shopping cart, after her hip replacement surgery.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 02:56:43 PM
Impact of a disaster area to be measured by the "Waffle House Effect"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/09/07/how-fema-uses-waffle-houses-disasters/641145001/
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 04:03:59 PM
Gone Hog Wild indicted on tax fraud.

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A husband and wife team who owned several restaurants in the Austin-area, including the popular Cindy’s Gone Hog Wild, have been indicted for tax fraud. Michael Herman and Cynthia Herman are accused of filing false corporate tax returns, among other things.

The U.S. Department of Justice says the couple owned one restaurant in Travis County and two in Bastrop County. Cindy’s Gone Hog Wild, a restaurant and bar which was located along State Highway 71 in Del Valle. Cindy’s Downtown and Hasler Brothers Steakhouse were located in Bastrop.

According to the indictment, between 2010 though 2012, the Hermans only filed corporate tax returns for the Del Valle location but the restaurant earnings at the two other locations were reported on the couple’s personal tax returns. Court documents show the couple filed false IRS forms from 2007-2012.

The Hermans are accused of depositing only a portion of their restaurants’ cash receipts into their business bank accounts and underreported their income. Federal authorities say the couple used business money to pay for personal expenses such as getting a swimming pool repaired.

If convicted, the business owners could face a statutory maximum sentence of five years in prison on the conspiracy charge and three years in prison on each of the false return charges.

According to Yelp, all of the restaurants that were owned by the Hermans are closed. Cindy’s Downtown restaurant was taken over by new ownership and a new name in 2014.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2017, 04:14:57 PM
[...]

That placed burned down a few years back, and they rebuilt it bigger and better.  Was a popular biker bar, did not realize it had closed again.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 04:30:31 PM
[...]

Always things to be learned on the banter!   :D
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 07, 2017, 04:33:38 PM
Impact of a disaster area to be measured by the "Waffle House Effect"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/09/07/how-fema-uses-waffle-houses-disasters/641145001/ (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/09/07/how-fema-uses-waffle-houses-disasters/641145001/)
Only in America…
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Oyam18 on September 07, 2017, 04:50:21 PM
El Martino no es Cubano Pero esta bueno.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 05:16:09 PM
[...]

Biker Bar and on the wrong side of the tracks...........

Edit:  did not see beans post
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 05:22:44 PM
I just got this:

This is Sheriff Mike Prendergast with an emergency message from your Emergency Management Section with important information regarding Hurricane Irma.  Do not hang up. Based on current forecasts and predictions for Hurricane Irma, the following actions are in effect for Citrus County.

The Citrus County Board of County Commissioners has declared a local state of emergency and a voluntary evacuation of all residents in mobile homes, manufactured homes, recreational vehicles, similar type structures or vehicles and tent campers throughout the entire county. I repeat, this is for the entire county.  You should evacuate your location and either leave the county to a safe location or go to one of the county shelters as a last resort. Please refer to your evacuation plan and ensure that you have all important documents and papers with you when you leave.

Shelter locations are as follows:  For the general population shelter, go to the Lecanto Middle School, located at3800 West Educational Path, Lecanto.  For the pet friendly shelter, go to the Lecanto Primary School located at 3790 West Educational Path, Lecanto.   For those persons registered as Special Needs in accordance with the State of Florida, go to the Renaissance School located at3630 West Educational Path, Lecanto.  West Educational Path is approximately 2.5 miles south of the intersection of Hwy 44 and Hwy 491.

The shelters will open on Friday, September 8, at 2PM.  I repeat, the shelters will open Friday at 2PM.  If you are going to a shelter, bring a small bag with clothing, toiletries, medicine, pillow and blanket or sleeping bag.  There is only approx. 20 square feet per person.  For more information on what to bring to the pet friendly shelter, visitsheriffcitrus.org and click on the emergency management tab and then pets.

Roadways are congested already and will become even more congested as people evacuate from our county and those coming from the south to get away from the hurricane’s path.

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POTENIAL OF THIS HURRICANE.  Citrus County will experience high winds. Please Act Now And Evacuate For Your Safety!

For more information, go to the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page or visitsheriffcitrus.org.

The citizen information line is352-249-2775.  Do not call 9-1-1 unless it is an emergency.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 05:24:09 PM
 Can't seem to post the map with my phone but with the 5:00 forecast my place is now outside the cone and Dean is inside the cone.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 05:24:32 PM
If they order an evacuation for my area there is no way to get out. All the roads are parking lots here now all the way to the border.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 05:31:41 PM
Humi is getting low, smoking an AB Sungrown but it is not terrible I must say.  No earthly idea where I got it but must have been one of those from back when famous would put an extra cigar or two in with your order
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 05:56:28 PM
They busted 81 drug dealers at the old homeless shelter today
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 06:00:34 PM
Irma now heading more to the north west.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 06:02:05 PM
As people evacuate the Florida Keys ahead of Hurricane Irma's anticipated landfall on the Sunshine State, a handful of people and 54 cats will weather the storm at Ernest Hemingway's former home.

The six-toed cats of the Hemingway Home Museum will be free to come and go between the hurricane-proof buildings as Irma sweeps across the islands. While some may be concerned for that cats' safety, the museum's executive director Dave Gonazlez said the felines are quite adept at surviving storms that hit Key West.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 06:44:01 PM
They busted 81 drug dealers at the old homeless shelter today
So they've had a plan all along...
Just lulled them into a false sense of security.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 06:45:21 PM
As people evacuate the Florida Keys ahead of Hurricane Irma's anticipated landfall on the Sunshine State, a handful of people and 54 cats will weather the storm at Ernest Hemingway's former home.

The six-toed cats of the Hemingway Home Museum will be free to come and go between the hurricane-proof buildings as Irma sweeps across the islands. While some may be concerned for that cats' safety, the museum's executive director Dave Gonazlez said the felines are quite adept at surviving storms that hit Key West.
Bunch of inbred pussies.   ;)
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 06:48:13 PM
Hurricane Survival Gear.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 06:55:49 PM
Local TV news.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 07:04:46 PM
As people evacuate the Florida Keys ahead of Hurricane Irma's anticipated landfall on the Sunshine State, a handful of people and 54 cats will weather the storm at Ernest Hemingway's former home.

The six-toed cats of the Hemingway Home Museum will be free to come and go between the hurricane-proof buildings as Irma sweeps across the islands. While some may be concerned for that cats' safety, the museum's executive director Dave Gonazlez said the felines are quite adept at surviving storms that hit Key West.
Bunch of inbred pussies.   ;)
There will be 80 more there by tomorrow
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 07:20:39 PM
Hurricane Survival Gear.
Looks like you've got it covered.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 07, 2017, 07:24:32 PM
Hurricane Survival Gear.
Too funny!
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2017, 08:34:16 PM
Evening Hurricane watchers.  Beautiful evening out here. San Cris Revelation and water with the sun going down.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2017, 08:43:20 PM
Evening Hurricane watchers.  Beautiful evening out here. San Cris Revelation and water with the sun going down.
Nice evening here too Mark. Was burning debris until it got to dark to see and washed/loaded kayaks. Skeeters came out so I hightailed it into the truck. AF Cuban corona and water going now.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2017, 08:47:20 PM
Evening Hurricane watchers.  Beautiful evening out here. San Cris Revelation and water with the sun going down.
Nice evening here too Mark. Was burning debris until it got to dark to see and washed/loaded kayaks. Skeeters came out so I hightailed it into the truck. AF Cuban corona and water going now.
Skeeters are real active here also with all the rain we had a week ago.  Got a fresh can of Off to deal with those bastiges.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2017, 08:50:33 PM
@TxDave and NJDave.  Just read that the Mambo House restaurant in Round Rock closed.  Circumstances not disclosed.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 07, 2017, 08:52:13 PM
Evening Hurricane watchers.  Beautiful evening out here. San Cris Revelation and water with the sun going down.
Incredible golden bright sunset. Evening Bean.  Last time we lost power was during Hurricane Joesph.  Naturally all the electric utility workers were down in Louisiana.  Talking about a colossal Sheesh!
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2017, 08:56:44 PM
Evening Hurricane watchers.  Beautiful evening out here. San Cris Revelation and water with the sun going down.
Incredible golden bright sunset. Evening Bean.  Last time we lost power was during Hurricane Joesph.  Naturally all the electric utility workers were down in Louisiana.  Talking about a colossal Sheesh!
A hurricane caused you to lose power in Ohio?   Damn!
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2017, 09:00:55 PM
Evening Hurricane watchers.  Beautiful evening out here. San Cris Revelation and water with the sun going down.
Incredible golden bright sunset. Evening Bean.  Last time we lost power was during Hurricane Joesph.  Naturally all the electric utility workers were down in Louisiana.  Talking about a colossal Sheesh!
And this time of year is really the best, weather-wise.  Unless you live on the Gulf or SE Atlantic coast, then it's just a crap shoot.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 09:02:20 PM
@TxDave and NJDave.  Just read that the Mambo House restaurant in Round Rock closed.  Circumstances not disclosed.
Damn, that was a good Cuban place.

And some great Mojitos!
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 07, 2017, 09:04:30 PM
Evening Hurricane watchers.  Beautiful evening out here. San Cris Revelation and water with the sun going down.
Incredible golden bright sunset. Evening Bean.  Last time we lost power was during Hurricane Joesph.  Naturally all the electric utility workers were down in Louisiana.  Talking about a colossal Sheesh!
A hurricane caused you to lose power in Ohio?   Damn!
That's a real ass-scratcher there ???
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 07, 2017, 09:48:31 PM
Evening Hurricane watchers.  Beautiful evening out here. San Cris Revelation and water with the sun going down.
Incredible golden bright sunset. Evening Bean.  Last time we lost power was during Hurricane Joesph.  Naturally all the electric utility workers were down in Louisiana.  Talking about a colossal Sheesh!
A hurricane caused you to lose power in Ohio?   Damn!
Twas totally weird.  Much broader wind front than you get with a thunderstorm and more sustained.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 07, 2017, 09:52:45 PM
Evening Hurricane watchers.  Beautiful evening out here. San Cris Revelation and water with the sun going down.
Incredible golden bright sunset. Evening Bean.  Last time we lost power was during Hurricane Joesph.  Naturally all the electric utility workers were down in Louisiana.  Talking about a colossal Sheesh!
A hurricane caused you to lose power in Ohio?   Damn!
That's a real ass-scratcher there ???
Took about a week to get all the power restored around the Tristate.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2017, 10:59:24 PM
Just walked through the door. Sheesh. Been a loooooooong ass day.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 11:34:53 PM
@TxDave and NJDave.  Just read that the Mambo House restaurant in Round Rock closed.  Circumstances not disclosed.
That's a shame.  Really liked that place.  Restaurants are a tough business.
Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2017, 11:35:23 PM
Just walked through the door. Sheesh. Been a loooooooong ass day.
Just don't be late on the flip.

Title: Re: 9/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2017, 11:39:58 PM
Just walked through the door. Sheesh. Been a loooooooong ass day.
Just don't be late on the flip.
Okey doke.