CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 21, 2017, 12:00:33 AM

Title: 8/21/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on August 21, 2017, 12:00:33 AM
Monday again, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 04:27:13 AM
Happy Eclipse Day!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 04:28:38 AM
Today is Monday, Aug. 21, the 233rd day of 2017. There are 132 days left in the year.
Today's Highlight in History:
On August 21, 1858, the first of seven debates between Illinois senatorial contenders Abraham Lincoln and Stephen Douglas took place.
On this date:
In 1831, Nat Turner launched a violent slave rebellion in Virginia resulting in the deaths of at least 55 whites. (Turner was later executed.)
In 1911, Leonardo da Vinci's "Mona Lisa" was stolen from the Louvre Museum in Paris. (The painting was recovered two years later in Italy.)
In 1940, exiled Communist revolutionary Leon Trotsky died in a Mexican hospital from wounds inflicted by an assassin the day before.
In 1945, President Harry S. Truman ended the Lend-Lease program that had shipped some $50 billion in aid supplies to America's allies during World War II.
In 1959, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed an executive order making Hawaii the 50th state.
In 1963, martial law was declared in South Vietnam as police and army troops began a violent crackdown on Buddhist anti-government protesters.
In 1972, the Republican National Convention opened in Miami Beach.
In 1983, Philippine opposition leader Benigno S. Aquino Jr., ending a self-imposed exile in the United States, was shot dead moments after stepping off a plane at Manila International Airport. The musical play "La Cage Aux Folles" opened on Broadway.
In 1987, Sgt. Clayton Lonetree, the first Marine court-martialed for spying, was convicted in Quantico, Virginia, of passing secrets to the KGB. (Lonetree ended up serving eight years in a military prison.)
In 1991, the hard-line coup against Soviet President Mikhail S. Gorbachev collapsed in the face of a popular uprising led by Russian Federation President Boris N. Yeltsin.
In 1992, an 11-day siege began at the cabin of white separatist Randy Weaver in Ruby Ridge, Idaho, as government agents tried to arrest Weaver for failing to appear in court on charges of selling two illegal sawed-off shotguns; on the first day of the siege, Weaver's teenage son, Samuel, and Deputy U.S. Marshal William Degan were killed.
In 2015, a trio of Americans, U.S. Air Force Staff Sgt. Spencer Stone, National Guardsman Alek Skarlatos and college student Anthony Sadler, and a British businessman, Chris Norman, tackled and disarmed a Moroccan gunman on a high-speed train between Amsterdam and Paris.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 04:29:16 AM
Ten years ago: Hurricane Dean swept across Mexico's Yucatan peninsula as a Category 5 storm. The postwar Iraqi tribunal trying former Saddam Hussein aides opened its third proceeding, putting former Defense Minister Ali Hassan al-Majid (ah-LEE' hah-SAHN' ahl mah-ZHEED'), known as "Chemical Ali," and 14 other men on trial for the regime's brutal crushing of a 1991 rebellion by Shiite Muslims. Space shuttle Endeavour, with teacher-astronaut Barbara Morgan aboard, safely returned to Cape Canaveral, Florida.
Five years ago: An insurgent rocket attack damaged the plane of the top U.S. general as it sat parked at a coalition base in Afghanistan; U.S. Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was unhurt. Missouri Rep. Todd Akin defied the nation's top Republicans and refused to abandon a Senate bid hobbled by fallout over his comments that women's bodies could prevent pregnancies in cases of "legitimate rape." (Akin went on to lose the fall election to Democratic incumbent Claire McCaskill.)
One year ago: Shaking to samba and sharing reflections in uniquely Brazilian words, Olympians and fans said goodbye to the Rio Games with one last big bash inside Maracana Stadium. Earlier in the day, Kevin Durant scored 30 points and helped the Americans rout Serbia 96-66 for their third straight gold medal, capping an Olympics in which the U.S. dominated the medal tables, both the gold (46) and overall totals (121).
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 04:29:44 AM
Today's Birthdays: Former NFL player and general manager Pete Retzlaff is 86. Actor-director Melvin Van Peebles is 85. Playwright Mart Crowley is 82. Singer Kenny Rogers is 79. Actor Clarence Williams III is 78. Rock-and-roll musician James Burton is 78. Singer Harold Reid (The Statler Brothers) is 78. Singer Jackie DeShannon is 76. College and Pro Football Hall of Famer Willie Lanier is 72. Actress Patty McCormack is 72. Pop singer-musician Carl Giammarese (jee-ah mah-REE'-see) is 70. Actress Loretta Devine is 68. NBC newsman Harry Smith is 66. Singer Glenn Hughes is 65. Country musician Nick Kane is 63. Actress Kim Cattrall is 61. College Football Hall of Famer and former NFL quarterback Jim McMahon is 58. Actress Cleo King is 55. Retired MLB All-Star player John Wetteland is 51. Rock singer Serj Tankian (TAN'-kee-ahn) (System of a Down) is 50. Figure skater Josee Chouinard is 48. Actress Carrie-Anne Moss is 47. MLB player-turned-manager Craig Counsell is 47. Rock musician Liam Howlett (Prodigy) is 46. Actress Alicia Witt is 42. Singer Kelis (kuh-LEES') is 38. Actor Diego Klattenhoff is 38. TV personality Brody Jenner is 34. Singer Melissa Schuman is 33. Olympic gold medal sprinter Usain (yoo-SAYN') Bolt is 31. Actor Carlos Pratts is 31. Actor-comedian Brooks Wheelan is 31. Actor Cody Kasch is 30. Country singer Kacey Musgraves is 29. Actress Hayden Panettiere (pan'-uh-tee-EHR') is 28. Actor RJ Mitte is 25. Actor Maxim Knight is 18.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 04:30:29 AM
Thought for Today: "To know a little less and to understand a little more: that, it seems to me, is our greatest need." - James Ramsey Ullman, American author (1907-1971).
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 04:30:53 AM
Off to the friendly skies.  Have a good one!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 05:05:15 AM
Off to the friendly skies.  Have a good one!
Enjoy your ride!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 05:06:27 AM
Morning Snowflakes, Time to start a new weekend so Happy Saturday!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 05:30:17 AM
[...]
Rock and Roller James Burton is 78, used to live in our neighborhood in Shreveport.  I remember he always drove around in crazy custom cars but he is also perhaps the least known (outside of the musical profession) greatest guitar player ever, of course such things are always debatable but he was amazing in his prime.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 05:34:21 AM
Guess the dogs and I will sit out and howl at the eclipse with the other crazies for a couple of hours even though we are a long ways off the Path of Totality.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 05:44:48 AM
And if you are stuck inside today you can watch the eclipse online:

https://www.nasa.gov/eclipselive/#NASA+TV+Public+Channel
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 06:01:29 AM
Happy Eclipse Day!
Don't look directly at it!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 06:11:55 AM
And if you are stuck inside today you can watch the eclipse online:

https://www.nasa.gov/eclipselive/#NASA+TV+Public+Channel
Looks like that may be the best option for a lot of us.

(https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/postandcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/49/b49d9300-845c-11e7-a407-d70eb9b77744/59975ce97fb0c.image.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 06:16:31 AM
Off to the friendly skies.  Have a good one!
Enjoy your ride!
Sure will...prop plane!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 06:18:15 AM
And if you are stuck inside today you can watch the eclipse online:

https://www.nasa.gov/eclipselive/#NASA+TV+Public+Channel
Can you look directly at your TV?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 06:37:01 AM
Good morning, sunshines.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 07:06:26 AM
Morning SunshineDave, CoronaDave and SolarTony.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 08:14:12 AM
WCSC) -
The Great American Eclipse could cause traffic delays in parts of South Carolina, including the Lowcountry.

The South Carolina Emergency Management Division has planned for an estimated influx of more than one million visitors in the state for several days on both sides of the eclipse. That could mean the only thing building Monday besides eclipse anticipation is travel times.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 08:17:55 AM
And if you are stuck inside today you can watch the eclipse online:

https://www.nasa.gov/eclipselive/#NASA+TV+Public+Channel
Can you look directly at your TV?
Bad Dad is right in the catbird viewing seat
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 08:28:05 AM
Morning SunshineDave, CoronaDave and SolarTony.
Been in meetings all morning. Almost half way done with my day already. I should be hazzuhing with LTG today but it probably won't happen.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 08:28:39 AM
And if you are stuck inside today you can watch the eclipse online:

https://www.nasa.gov/eclipselive/#NASA+TV+Public+Channel
Can you look directly at your TV?
Bad Dad is right in the catbird viewing seat
The next one in 2024 goes right over Rick and I.

(https://static1.squarespace.com/static/53c358b6e4b01b8adb4d5870/t/58536d6f5016e1e8063dc4ed/1489101189628/)
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 08:32:41 AM
Morning SunshineDave, CoronaDave and SolarTony.
Been in meetings all morning. Almost half way done with my day already. I should be hazzuhing with LTG today but it probably won't happen.
Just in case, I'll hazzuh hard enough for both of us.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 09:36:20 AM
Tough crowd today.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 21, 2017, 09:54:52 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 10:04:54 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, EarlyRisingRaz.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 10:22:08 AM
Tough crowd today.
Just really busy.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 10:22:24 AM
Mondays, amIright?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 10:31:47 AM
Mondays, amIright?
There are no Monday's, been checking a pair of nice tight hoochies and a fine caboose running on the treadmill in front of me, improves my stamina on the elliptical.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 10:37:21 AM
Mondays, amIright?
There are no Monday's, been checking a pair of nice tight hoochies and a fine caboose running on the treadmill in front of me, improves my stamina on the elliptical.
Sounds like fun. You having mushroom/swiss burgers for lunch? Got a meeting later?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 10:42:18 AM
Mondays, amIright?
There are no Monday's, been checking a pair of nice tight hoochies and a fine caboose running on the treadmill in front of me, improves my stamina on the elliptical.
Sounds like fun. You having mushroom/swiss burgers for lunch? Got a meeting later?
I don't go to meetings!!!!!!!!!

Now the burger sounds pretty good but some BBQ sounds better.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 10:43:55 AM
Right now I am going to select a cigar and go out on the patio in the shade to watch them mow the grass and clean the pool.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 10:47:55 AM
I did have to fill out the application for electric service at the new place this morning, glad electric and cable tv are the only two utilities I have to deal with at least.   water, sewer and garbage are all HOA supplied and included in the dues.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 21, 2017, 10:51:40 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, EarlyRisingRaz.
Actually, I got to sleep in for a half hour.  Telecommuting today to avoid the traffic heading south to Oregon to watch the eclipse.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 21, 2017, 10:52:01 AM
Happy Monday guys. Great day in Jax yesterday, although an overnight was out. Got in around 2am. It was a long day but a real nice one. Playing slug today.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 21, 2017, 10:59:20 AM
another battleship involved in an accident? for Christs sakes, whatthefuck kind of Navy we got? do we need to put up traffic lights up in the oceans now?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 21, 2017, 11:04:44 AM
Turned on the TV news this morning.  Turned it off immediately.  I wouldn't mind the constant eclipse coverage, if they just didn't keep interviewing all the stupid loons.  Is there no sane person in Madras, OR to interview?

Don't answer that.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 11:04:59 AM
another battleship involved in an accident? for Christs sakes, whatthefuck kind of Navy we got? do we need to put up traffic lights up in the oceans now?
"That's too bad."
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 21, 2017, 11:05:41 AM
Happy Monday guys. Great day in Jax yesterday, although an overnight was out. Got in around 2am. It was a long day but a real nice one. Playing slug today.
Leaving slime everywhere?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 21, 2017, 11:06:52 AM
another battleship involved in an accident? for Christs sakes, whatthefuck kind of Navy we got? do we need to put up traffic lights up in the oceans now?
My money is on the XO focusing on his smartphone.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 21, 2017, 11:12:38 AM
another battleship involved in an accident? for Christs sakes, whatthefuck kind of Navy we got? do we need to put up traffic lights up in the oceans now?
"That's too bad."
I know. He's a man of few words now. He is right. It was too bad.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 21, 2017, 11:13:20 AM
Happy Monday guys. Great day in Jax yesterday, although an overnight was out. Got in around 2am. It was a long day but a real nice one. Playing slug today.
Leaving slime everywhere?
Ha, not moving enough to create slime.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 11:14:46 AM
Mondays, amIright?
There are no Monday's, been checking a pair of nice tight hoochies and a fine caboose running on the treadmill in front of me, improves my stamina on the elliptical.
Don't get anything caught in the belt drive.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 11:15:49 AM
Right now I am going to select a cigar and go out on the patio in the shade to watch them mow the grass and clean the pool.
Always thought you were good supervisor material.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 11:25:59 AM
Happy Monday guys. Great day in Jax yesterday, although an overnight was out. Got in around 2am. It was a long day but a real nice one. Playing slug today.
What, no little blue pills?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 11:28:11 AM
another battleship involved in an accident? for Christs sakes, whatthefuck kind of Navy we got? do we need to put up traffic lights up in the oceans now?
My money is on the XO focusing on his smartphone.
Really...If the advanced electronics didn't detect the other ship, you would think the 24/7 deck watch might have seen something.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 21, 2017, 11:30:39 AM
Happy Monday guys. Great day in Jax yesterday, although an overnight was out. Got in around 2am. It was a long day but a real nice one. Playing slug today.
What, no little blue pills?
Let me start over. I am tired and not doing a damn thing today.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 11:32:41 AM
another battleship involved in an accident? for Christs sakes, whatthefuck kind of Navy we got? do we need to put up traffic lights up in the oceans now?
"That's too bad."
I know. He's a man of few words now. He is right. It was too bad.
Yeah, I hope that's what he tells the families of the missing sailors if they're not found.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 21, 2017, 11:34:01 AM
Happy Monday guys. Great day in Jax yesterday, although an overnight was out. Got in around 2am. It was a long day but a real nice one. Playing slug today.
What, no little blue pills?
Let me start over. I am tired and not doing a damn thing today.
Yeah, your previous statements kinda begged for crude harassment.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: tcarblu on August 21, 2017, 12:16:56 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 12:31:18 PM
Some solid box values at Holts Weekly Special including a number of EPC's including  Cardinals for $55 per box of 56's and Seleccion Oscuro's Nacionales (5.5 x 44) for $55 as well as CarolinaDaves Villiger sleeper Cabarete ($35 for a bundle of 20 Toro's ...and other sizes.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 12:31:55 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
Good day TCAR.  Seems we're on the same page.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 12:33:30 PM
Happy Monday guys. Great day in Jax yesterday, although an overnight was out. Got in around 2am. It was a long day but a real nice one. Playing slug today.
What, no little blue pills?
Let me start over. I am tired and not doing a damn thing today.
Yeah, your previous statements kinda begged for crude harassment.
Yup, could have gone all sorts of places with "the slug".
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 12:39:49 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
Good day TCAR.  Seems we're on the same page.
Yeah, but he was on that page first.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 12:43:44 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 12:44:43 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
Good day TCAR.  Seems we're on the same page.
Yeah, but he was on that page first.
That's just because I took the extra time to price one of the sizes of the Seleccion Oscuro's for you.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 21, 2017, 12:50:33 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
thanks blu.
how's everything in Hobe?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 21, 2017, 12:54:43 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
thanks blu.
how's everything in Hobe?
hit the E.P. Carrillo Cabinets for $54.95/25
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 01:19:45 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
thanks blu.
how's everything in Hobe?
hit the E.P. Carrillo Cabinets for $54.95/25
Without checking with Mark first?!?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 01:21:40 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
Good day TCAR.  Seems we're on the same page.
Yeah, but he was on that page first.
That's just because I took the extra time to price one of the sizes of the Seleccion Oscuro's for you.
I appreciate the effort. Though, I did see the deal while I was at lunch. Definitely thinking about getting another box, but after getting back from NYC last week, I'm thinking maybe I should give the bank account a rest for a bit.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 21, 2017, 01:31:36 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
thanks blu.
how's everything in Hobe?
hit the E.P. Carrillo Cabinets for $54.95/25
Without checking with Mark first?!?
awww damn!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 01:43:56 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
Good day TCAR.  Seems we're on the same page.
Yeah, but he was on that page first.
That's just because I took the extra time to price one of the sizes of the Seleccion Oscuro's for you.
I appreciate the effort. Though, I did see the deal while I was at lunch. Definitely thinking about getting another box, but after getting back from NYC last week, I'm thinking maybe I should give the bank account a rest for a bit.
You found NYC to be expensive? You're damn right it is. Just ate my $20 salad. WTF? I made a better one yesterday with about $3 worth of ingredients.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 21, 2017, 01:46:35 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 01:47:17 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
thanks blu.
how's everything in Hobe?
hit the E.P. Carrillo Cabinets for $54.95/25
Without checking with Mark first?!?
Don't need Mark for these deals.  Dean knows it when he see's it!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 01:48:40 PM
To tie in with our conversation from last week.  First spot to see the totality was a lighthouse.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 21, 2017, 01:49:52 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
Good day TCAR.  Seems we're on the same page.
Yeah, but he was on that page first.
That's just because I took the extra time to price one of the sizes of the Seleccion Oscuro's for you.
I appreciate the effort. Though, I did see the deal while I was at lunch. Definitely thinking about getting another box, but after getting back from NYC last week, I'm thinking maybe I should give the bank account a rest for a bit.
You found NYC to be expensive? You're damn right it is. Just ate my $20 salad. WTF? I made a better one yesterday with about $3 worth of ingredients.
The place you were eating only spent $1.25 on the ingredients.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 21, 2017, 01:51:55 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
Good day TCAR.  Seems we're on the same page.
Yeah, but he was on that page first.
That's just because I took the extra time to price one of the sizes of the Seleccion Oscuro's for you.
I appreciate the effort. Though, I did see the deal while I was at lunch. Definitely thinking about getting another box, but after getting back from NYC last week, I'm thinking maybe I should give the bank account a rest for a bit.
Nonsense.  NYC is a workers' paradise, where everyone has all they need and money just falls from the skyscrapers.  Didn't you get the memo?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 01:58:19 PM
For my eclipse segue cigar, think I'll go with an El Centurion H-2K-CT and some unsweetened tea.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 02:10:18 PM

To tie in with our conversation from last week.  First spot to see the totality was a lighthouse.

Just found out a buddy of mine is in KC on business. They are in the right path to see it in full. Trying to get a photo from him.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 02:11:29 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
Good day TCAR.  Seems we're on the same page.
Yeah, but he was on that page first.
That's just because I took the extra time to price one of the sizes of the Seleccion Oscuro's for you.
I appreciate the effort. Though, I did see the deal while I was at lunch. Definitely thinking about getting another box, but after getting back from NYC last week, I'm thinking maybe I should give the bank account a rest for a bit.
You found NYC to be expensive? You're damn right it is. Just ate my $20 salad. WTF? I made a better one yesterday with about $3 worth of ingredients.
The place you were eating only spent $1.25 on the ingredients.
I doubt even that much. But their rent is through the roof so...
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 02:12:22 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
Good day TCAR.  Seems we're on the same page.
Yeah, but he was on that page first.
That's just because I took the extra time to price one of the sizes of the Seleccion Oscuro's for you.
I appreciate the effort. Though, I did see the deal while I was at lunch. Definitely thinking about getting another box, but after getting back from NYC last week, I'm thinking maybe I should give the bank account a rest for a bit.
Nonsense.  NYC is a workers' paradise, where everyone has all they need and money just falls from the skyscrapers.  Didn't you get the memo?
I do know that the construction industry is alive and well there. Especially on the roads to get out.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 02:13:54 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
Good day TCAR.  Seems we're on the same page.
Yeah, but he was on that page first.
That's just because I took the extra time to price one of the sizes of the Seleccion Oscuro's for you.
I appreciate the effort. Though, I did see the deal while I was at lunch. Definitely thinking about getting another box, but after getting back from NYC last week, I'm thinking maybe I should give the bank account a rest for a bit.
You found NYC to be expensive? You're damn right it is. Just ate my $20 salad. WTF? I made a better one yesterday with about $3 worth of ingredients.
The biggest change from last time was the subway tix you could buy for like $9 and you rode all day. Seems they got rid of those at some point in the last 7 years.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 02:18:51 PM
Max eclipse just passed here and unimpressed, no ice age hit or anything, damn phones still working even.  We only had about 65% coverage.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 02:21:24 PM
Boy and DIL were going to a big catered eclipse party in Georgetown but he said the entire coast has gone psycho and traffic is at a standstill everywhere.  The whole place is pretty much shut down, he closed his office and is trying to just get home for a cigar and a drink.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 02:22:41 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 02:23:07 PM
[...]

Not too long ago, actually. Only tourists were using them so they said, eff it.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 02:26:58 PM
[...]

Bastardos.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 21, 2017, 02:27:17 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 02:33:25 PM
Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
thanks blu.
how's everything in Hobe?
hit the E.P. Carrillo Cabinets for $54.95/25
Without checking with Mark first?!?
Don't need Mark for these deals.  Dean knows it when he see's it!
Several very nice deals there including those Villiger Carabete's

Nice find Tcar, hope you are doing well.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 03:04:50 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Nothing but clouds for me during the eclipse. Now? Couldn't find a cloud to save my life. I took a bunch of photos and will see if there are any worth posting.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 03:24:47 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Nothing but clouds for me during the eclipse. Now? Couldn't find a cloud to save my life. I took a bunch of photos and will see if there are any worth posting.
Or just watch it on the news tonight...
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 21, 2017, 03:39:20 PM
sauce with mushrooms and hot Italian sausage simmering for some linguine and crusty Italian bread warming in the oven.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on August 21, 2017, 03:40:21 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Nothing but clouds for me during the eclipse. Now? Couldn't find a cloud to save my life. I took a bunch of photos and will see if there are any worth posting.
Or just watch it on the news tonight...
.......and the world didn't end.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 03:46:09 PM
sauce with mushrooms and hot Italian sausage simmering for some linguine and crusty Italian bread warming in the oven.
Sounds good!!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 03:47:07 PM
sauce with mushrooms and hot Italian sausage simmering for some linguine and crusty Italian bread warming in the oven.
Sounds good!!
Which?  The sausage or the world not coming to an end?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 03:49:45 PM
sauce with mushrooms and hot Italian sausage simmering for some linguine and crusty Italian bread warming in the oven.
Sounds good!!
Which?  The sausage or the world not coming to an end?
The Italian bread
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 04:03:47 PM
Beer time in Bermuda so must be here too.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 21, 2017, 04:37:40 PM
Beer time in Bermuda so must be here too.
Hooray BEER!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 21, 2017, 04:42:05 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Nothing but clouds for me during the eclipse. Now? Couldn't find a cloud to save my life. I took a bunch of photos and will see if there are any worth posting.
Or just watch it on the news tonight...
.......and the world didn't end.
Actually it did. It just didn't end long enough for a the bullshit to be gone when it started over.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on August 21, 2017, 04:57:50 PM
Beer time in Bermuda so must be here too.
Hooray BEER!
+1
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 05:52:23 PM
Sheesh!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 05:53:06 PM
Tat 10th Miami and a Pacifico, not bad out in the shade.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 21, 2017, 05:53:24 PM
Beer time in Bermuda so must be here too.
Hooray BEER!
+1
Vitalis!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 21, 2017, 06:01:45 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Nothing but clouds for me during the eclipse. Now? Couldn't find a cloud to save my life. I took a bunch of photos and will see if there are any worth posting.
Or just watch it on the news tonight...
.......and the world didn't end.
Actually it did. It just didn't end long enough for a the bullshit to be gone when it started over.
A never ending supply of bullshit in this world.  Evening Raz.  You ashore or afloat?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 21, 2017, 06:07:20 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Nothing but clouds for me during the eclipse. Now? Couldn't find a cloud to save my life. I took a bunch of photos and will see if there are any worth posting.
Or just watch it on the news tonight...
.......and the world didn't end.
Actually it did. It just didn't end long enough for a the bullshit to be gone when it started over.
A never ending supply of bullshit in this world.  Evening Raz.  You ashore or afloat?
Ashore.  Back to work...but at least working from home today.

Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 06:40:55 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 06:44:31 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
He has not posted us any pix in 2 days.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 21, 2017, 07:10:36 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
He has not posted us any pix in 2 days.
Slacker!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 21, 2017, 07:12:26 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Nothing but clouds for me during the eclipse. Now? Couldn't find a cloud to save my life. I took a bunch of photos and will see if there are any worth posting.
Or just watch it on the news tonight...
.......and the world didn't end.
Actually it did. It just didn't end long enough for a the bullshit to be gone when it started over.
A never ending supply of bullshit in this world.  Evening Raz.  You ashore or afloat?
Ashore.  Back to work...but at least working from home today.
You had a chance to pop cap on your new 45/70 lever gun?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 21, 2017, 07:13:12 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
Ernesto rules!  Evening Antnee.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 21, 2017, 07:13:41 PM
Evening boys.  Long Monday in CT.  Doubt I'll get a smoke in this evening.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 07:55:00 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
He has not posted us any pix in 2 days.
That's because he's too drunk to do so.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 07:55:48 PM
Evening boys.  Long Monday in CT.  Doubt I'll get a smoke in this evening.
Evening Bean, too much work to smoke sux!!   Better unionize.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 07:55:56 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
Ernesto rules!  Evening Antnee.
Good evening, Mike. What's new?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 07:56:19 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
He has not posted us any pix in 2 days.
That's because he's too drunk to do so.
  :o
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 07:56:25 PM
Evening boys.  Long Monday in CT.  Doubt I'll get a smoke in this evening.
Slacker!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 07:57:14 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
He has not posted us any pix in 2 days.
That's because he's too drunk to do so.
  :o
How goes it, TXDave?

Edit: Has the warden made a decision?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 21, 2017, 08:05:01 PM
Evening boys.  Long Monday in CT.  Doubt I'll get a smoke in this evening.
Slacker!
touché
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 08:11:48 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
He has not posted us any pix in 2 days.
That's because he's too drunk to do so.
  :o
How goes it, TXDave?

Edit: Has the warden made a decision?
Yep, September 8 is her last day.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 08:13:16 PM
Nervous to hear if my daughter made the freshman soccer team.  Cuts were today. I'll find out when I get home.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 08:14:01 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
He has not posted us any pix in 2 days.
That's because he's too drunk to do so.
  :o
How goes it, TXDave?

Edit: Has the warden made a decision?
Yep, September 8 is her last day.
Must be cool to finally know.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 08:15:40 PM
Nervous to hear if my daughter made the freshman soccer team.  Cuts were today. I'll find out when I get home.
Oh my, that is nerve racking.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 21, 2017, 08:16:21 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
He has not posted us any pix in 2 days.
That's because he's too drunk to do so.
  :o
How goes it, TXDave?

Edit: Has the warden made a decision?
Yep, September 8 is her last day.
Must be cool to finally know.
Yeah, she is relieved but hard to walk away from the $.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 08:20:41 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
He has not posted us any pix in 2 days.
That's because he's too drunk to do so.
  :o
How goes it, TXDave?

Edit: Has the warden made a decision?
Yep, September 8 is her last day.
Must be cool to finally know.
Yeah, she is relieved but hard to walk away from the $.
You can't miss what you never had.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 21, 2017, 08:37:34 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
He has not posted us any pix in 2 days.
That's because he's too drunk to do so.
  :o
How goes it, TXDave?

Edit: Has the warden made a decision?
Yep, September 8 is her last day.
Must be cool to finally know.
Yeah, she is relieved but hard to walk away from the $.
You can't miss what you never had.
TWSS
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 08:58:43 PM
Nervous to hear if my daughter made the freshman soccer team.  Cuts were today. I'll find out when I get home.
Oh my, that is nerve racking.
She got cut.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 09:01:52 PM
Tasty lobster roll and chowdah for dinner, now relaxing with a Perdomo Estate Collection.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 21, 2017, 09:02:19 PM
Evening boys.  Long Monday in CT.  Doubt I'll get a smoke in this evening.
CCB!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 09:04:36 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Nothing but clouds for me during the eclipse. Now? Couldn't find a cloud to save my life. I took a bunch of photos and will see if there are any worth posting.
Or just watch it on the news tonight...
.......and the world didn't end.
Actually it did. It just didn't end long enough for a the bullshit to be gone when it started over.
You talking some Langliers action or what CB?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 09:05:48 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
Great prices on boxes of them at Holt's this week!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 09:06:06 PM
Tasty lobster roll and chowdah for dinner, now relaxing with a Perdomo Estate Collection.
Is that the barrel aged? If so, I was eyeing that one for this evening.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 09:07:28 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
He has not posted us any pix in 2 days.
Slacker!
Well, he is preoccupied drinking and smoking, so not all that bad.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 09:08:11 PM
Tasty lobster roll and chowdah for dinner, now relaxing with a Perdomo Estate Collection.
Is that the barrel aged? If so, I was eyeing that one for this evening.
No the barrel aged is better.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 09:09:08 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Nothing but clouds for me during the eclipse. Now? Couldn't find a cloud to save my life. I took a bunch of photos and will see if there are any worth posting.
Or just watch it on the news tonight...
.......and the world didn't end.
Actually it did. It just didn't end long enough for a the bullshit to be gone when it started over.
You talking some Langliers action or what CB?
This is the best I could do. (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170822/749f1d4ceba14566b0bc83ff84da496b.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 09:09:45 PM
Evening boys.  Long Monday in CT.  Doubt I'll get a smoke in this evening.
Evening Bean, too much work to smoke sux!!   Better unionize.
But it's a nice cool evening.
Do I have to come back to Austin to help with a protest of your HR Dept?
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 09:11:49 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
He has not posted us any pix in 2 days.
That's because he's too drunk to do so.
  :o
How goes it, TXDave?

Edit: Has the warden made a decision?
Yep, September 8 is her last day.
Must be cool to finally know.
Yeah, she is relieved but hard to walk away from the $.
But now she'll have you!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 09:14:19 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Nothing but clouds for me during the eclipse. Now? Couldn't find a cloud to save my life. I took a bunch of photos and will see if there are any worth posting.
Or just watch it on the news tonight...
.......and the world didn't end.
Actually it did. It just didn't end long enough for a the bullshit to be gone when it started over.
You talking some Langliers action or what CB?
This is the best I could do. (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170822/749f1d4ceba14566b0bc83ff84da496b.jpg)
Not bad.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 21, 2017, 09:17:41 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Nothing but clouds for me during the eclipse. Now? Couldn't find a cloud to save my life. I took a bunch of photos and will see if there are any worth posting.
Or just watch it on the news tonight...
.......and the world didn't end.
Actually it did. It just didn't end long enough for a the bullshit to be gone when it started over.
You talking some Langliers action or what CB?
This is the best I could do. (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170822/749f1d4ceba14566b0bc83ff84da496b.jpg)
Not bad.
Indeed.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 21, 2017, 09:21:10 PM
Nervous to hear if my daughter made the freshman soccer team.  Cuts were today. I'll find out when I get home.
Oh my, that is nerve racking.
She got cut.
Dang.  On the other hand, teaches her to handle disappointment and keep at it.  Walk it off!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 21, 2017, 09:24:32 PM
Evening boys.  Long Monday in CT.  Doubt I'll get a smoke in this evening.
Evening Bean, too much work to smoke sux!!   Better unionize.
But it's a nice cool evening.
Do I have to come back to Austin to help with a protest of your HR Dept?
Apparently.  But I plan to do some catching up with a last TxDave herf in a couple weeks before he becomes CarolinaDave in truth as well as spirit.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 21, 2017, 09:26:25 PM
So much for leaving early. Sheesh. Thanks to Scott for my cigar of the day.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/d4781690d2fd2fd71a9824f16ba50d1b.jpg)
He has not posted us any pix in 2 days.
That's because he's too drunk to do so.
  :o
How goes it, TXDave?

Edit: Has the warden made a decision?
Yep, September 8 is her last day.
Must be cool to finally know.
Yeah, she is relieved but hard to walk away from the $.
But now she'll have you!
And he'll have the blow dryer!
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 09:29:58 PM
Some great eclipse pictures out of Clemson. A great time lapse on FB that I'll try to link.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Threebean on August 21, 2017, 09:31:25 PM
Some great eclipse pictures out of Clemson. A great time lapse on GB that I'll try to link.
Great shot!  Really notice the street lights in that one.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 09:31:36 PM
Nervous to hear if my daughter made the freshman soccer team.  Cuts were today. I'll find out when I get home.
Oh my, that is nerve racking.
She got cut.
Dang.  On the other hand, teaches her to handle disappointment and keep at it.  Walk it off!
Never easy to take, but work hard, try again.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 21, 2017, 09:38:58 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Nothing but clouds for me during the eclipse. Now? Couldn't find a cloud to save my life. I took a bunch of photos and will see if there are any worth posting.
Or just watch it on the news tonight...
.......and the world didn't end.
Actually it did. It just didn't end long enough for a the bullshit to be gone when it started over.
You talking some Langliers action or what CB?
Nothing that involved.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 21, 2017, 09:45:55 PM
Nervous to hear if my daughter made the freshman soccer team.  Cuts were today. I'll find out when I get home.
Oh my, that is nerve racking.
She got cut.
Dang.  On the other hand, teaches her to handle disappointment and keep at it.  Walk it off!
She's bummed but already said she wants to try out again next year.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 21, 2017, 10:11:34 PM
Nervous to hear if my daughter made the freshman soccer team.  Cuts were today. I'll find out when I get home.
Oh my, that is nerve racking.
She got cut.
Dang.  On the other hand, teaches her to handle disappointment and keep at it.  Walk it off!
She's bummed but already said she wants to try out again next year.
That's the spirit.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on August 21, 2017, 10:59:47 PM
Nervous to hear if my daughter made the freshman soccer team.  Cuts were today. I'll find out when I get home.
Oh my, that is nerve racking.
She got cut.
Dang.  On the other hand, teaches her to handle disappointment and keep at it.  Walk it off!
She's bummed but already said she wants to try out again next year.
That's the spirit.
Indeed.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 21, 2017, 11:04:28 PM
You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Nothing but clouds for me during the eclipse. Now? Couldn't find a cloud to save my life. I took a bunch of photos and will see if there are any worth posting.
Or just watch it on the news tonight...
.......and the world didn't end.
Actually it did. It just didn't end long enough for a the bullshit to be gone when it started over.
A never ending supply of bullshit in this world.  Evening Raz.  You ashore or afloat?
Ashore.  Back to work...but at least working from home today.
You had a chance to pop cap on your new 45/70 lever gun?
Sorry to be slow replying. Took the warden for a motorcycle ride. Yes, I broke in the barrel on the .45-70. Shoots very nicely.
Title: Re: 8/21/2017
Post by: razgueado on August 21, 2017, 11:05:35 PM
Nervous to hear if my daughter made the freshman soccer team.  Cuts were today. I'll find out when I get home.
Oh my, that is nerve racking.
She got cut.
Ouch.