CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on April 24, 2017, 12:00:32 AM

Title: 4/24/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on April 24, 2017, 12:00:32 AM
Monday again, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 24, 2017, 12:10:12 AM
Evening, muchachos.

Sunday Gravy tonight, with a couple of reds my son picked out. He's no connoisseur, just turned 21, but I made him stop at the store. He picked by the look of the labels and got lucky. A Cabernet Sauvignon that was quite drinkable, and a mixed table red that was a little sweet on the palate, but held its own. Lovely dinner. Destroyed my diet, but very nice.

Now having whiskey and a Laranja.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 05:00:11 AM
Morning Sleepers, It's Monday So Rise and Shine!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 05:05:17 AM
Not much of interest  on the early morning cigar front this morning.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 05:12:44 AM
Chilly 47 degrees this morning, feels like fall not spring!   Sunny and 82 for the afternoon.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 05:15:07 AM
Roofers starting on the house today, weather forecast is perfect for roofing this week.  They say they will be finished by Wednesday but a lot of work for that short time frame.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 05:54:54 AM
Work Time, BBL
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 24, 2017, 06:53:27 AM
Price on the FU right now set at a cool $9999.99. An excellent start to some IT person's Monday morning.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 07:14:14 AM
Price on the FU right now set at a cool $9999.99. An excellent start to some IT person's Monday morning.
Only if they gave a shit and neither CI or the Sister have ever given any indication that was the case.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 07:21:23 AM
Sheesh, 7:20 in the East and only Golf and I are awake?

Bunch of lazy bastiges around this place!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 24, 2017, 07:30:28 AM
Sheesh, 7:20 in the East and only Golf and I are awake?

Bunch of lazy bastiges around this place!
Sounds like everyone else has a case of the Mondays.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 24, 2017, 07:31:59 AM
Good morning, boys.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 07:56:57 AM
Good morning, boys.
Morning Mayor, back all normal again?
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 24, 2017, 07:57:32 AM
Sheesh, 7:20 in the East and only Golf and I are awake?

Bunch of lazy bastiges around this place!
I'm walking erect this morning with some residual back pain. But I'm up and making the kids their lunches. Woman's work is never done.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 24, 2017, 07:59:17 AM
Good morning, boys.
Morning Mayor, back all normal again?
I wouldn't say that. But it's imperative that I get to the unemployment office this morning because I'm still trying to get them to pay for a class.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 08:00:25 AM
Sheesh, 7:20 in the East and only Golf and I are awake?

Bunch of lazy bastiges around this place!
I'm walking erect this morning with some residual back pain. But I'm up and making the kids their lunches. Woman's work is never done.
Mayor has a 24 hour Woody, you should seek medical attention!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: sfish on April 24, 2017, 08:17:01 AM
Good morning boys, tired Monday here
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 24, 2017, 08:33:50 AM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
Morning LateFish and MondayDean
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 08:42:01 AM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 24, 2017, 08:47:18 AM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

Good deal. And while we're on the subject - CF countdown calendar - 10 days!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 08:49:35 AM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

Good deal. And while we're on the subject - CF countdown calendar - 10 days!
And even better only +/- 30 of those 87 are working days!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: sfish on April 24, 2017, 09:24:52 AM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

Good deal. And while we're on the subject - CF countdown calendar - 10 days!
I like it, need the weather gods to cooperate
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 24, 2017, 10:02:16 AM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 24, 2017, 10:08:58 AM
Morning, muchachos. Slow Monday.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 10:09:06 AM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 24, 2017, 10:14:09 AM
Evening, muchachos.

Sunday Gravy tonight, with a couple of reds my son picked out. He's no connoisseur, just turned 21, but I made him stop at the store. He picked by the look of the labels and got lucky. A Cabernet Sauvignon that was quite drinkable, and a mixed table red that was a little sweet on the palate, but held its own. Lovely dinner. Destroyed my diet, but very nice.

Now having whiskey and a Laranja.
That sounded like a lovely time. I would have cheated on my diet for that too.

Good morning, Bret
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 24, 2017, 10:18:58 AM
Evening, muchachos.

Sunday Gravy tonight, with a couple of reds my son picked out. He's no connoisseur, just turned 21, but I made him stop at the store. He picked by the look of the labels and got lucky. A Cabernet Sauvignon that was quite drinkable, and a mixed table red that was a little sweet on the palate, but held its own. Lovely dinner. Destroyed my diet, but very nice.

Now having whiskey and a Laranja.
That sounded like a lovely time. I would have cheated on my diet for that too.

Good morning, Bret
Good morning, Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 24, 2017, 11:23:11 AM
Monday sheesh.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on April 24, 2017, 11:47:10 AM
good morning one and all,
nice Sunday sauce story, Brett, did you bankrool
the son's trip to the liquor store?  If not wine must
have tasted even better.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 24, 2017, 11:51:21 AM
good morning one and all,
nice Sunday sauce story, Brett, did you bankrool
the son's trip to the liquor store?  If not wine must
have tasted even better.
Morning, flip. How many hours did the commute this morning take?
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on April 24, 2017, 12:12:42 PM
good morning one and all,
nice Sunday sauce story, Brett, did you bankrool
the son's trip to the liquor store?  If not wine must
have tasted even better.
Morning, flip. How many hours did the commute this morning take?
only an extra half hour, Amtrak was doing maintenance work,
so they single tracked for a while into NYC.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 12:49:07 PM
Sheesh, 7:20 in the East and only Golf and I are awake?

Bunch of lazy bastiges around this place!
I'm walking erect this morning with some residual back pain. But I'm up and making the kids their lunches. Woman's work is never done. (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tapatalk-emoji/emoji57.png)
Mayor has a 24 hour Woody, you should seek medical attention!
Don't you hate it when that happens.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 12:52:03 PM
Sheesh, 7:20 in the East and only Golf and I are awake?

Bunch of lazy bastiges around this place!
I'm walking erect this morning with some residual back pain. But I'm up and making the kids their lunches. Woman's work is never done. (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tapatalk-emoji/emoji57.png)
Glad to see you're mobile.  Down right upright Tony.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 12:53:53 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

Good deal. And while we're on the subject - CF countdown calendar - 10 days!
And even better only +/- 30 of those 87 are working days!
And even those 30 are stretching the definition of "working"
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 12:58:49 PM
Good day all, arrived back in Cincinnati for the week.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 12:59:11 PM
We still good for Tuesday CB?
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 01:01:21 PM
Sheesh, 7:20 in the East and only Golf and I are awake?

Bunch of lazy bastiges around this place!
I was up by 4:30 and at the airport by 6:30.  Just didn't have time to check in.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 24, 2017, 01:03:48 PM
Sheesh, 7:20 in the East and only Golf and I are awake?

Bunch of lazy bastiges around this place!
I'm walking erect this morning with some residual back pain. But I'm up and making the kids their lunches. Woman's work is never done. (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tapatalk-emoji/emoji57.png)
Mayor has a 24 hour Woody, you should seek medical attention!
Don't you hate it when that happens.
Not as much as the wife would.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 01:03:54 PM
We still good for Tuesday CB?
Sorry to miss out on a tasting.  Just not up to driving myself there and back.  Give me a couple of weeks.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 01:04:26 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

Good deal. And while we're on the subject - CF countdown calendar - 10 days!
And even better only +/- 30 of those 87 are working days!
And even those 30 are stretching the definition of "working"
Watch-it a-hole! ;D
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 01:06:48 PM
We still good for Tuesday CB?
No.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 01:21:52 PM
Good Day all.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 01:22:41 PM
We still good for Tuesday CB?
Sorry to miss out on a tasting.  Just not up to driving myself there and back.  Give me a couple of weeks.
Understood.  I'll be back.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 01:23:15 PM
We still good for Tuesday CB?
Sorry to miss out on a tasting.  Just not up to driving myself there and back.  Give me a couple of weeks.
Get an Uber!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 01:25:36 PM
We still good for Tuesday CB?
Sorry to miss out on a tasting.  Just not up to driving myself there and back.  Give me a couple of weeks.
Get an Uber!
Sounds like CB can't get it up and Tony can't get it down :o
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 24, 2017, 01:28:02 PM
We still good for Tuesday CB?
Sorry to miss out on a tasting.  Just not up to driving myself there and back.  Give me a couple of weeks.
Get an Uber!
I think I would watch a sitcom of cb trying to get an Uber.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 01:29:14 PM
Today is Monday, April 24, the 114th day of 2017. There are 251 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On April 24, 1967, Soviet cosmonaut Vladimir Komarov was killed when his Soyuz 1 spacecraft smashed into the Earth after his parachutes failed to deploy properly during re-entry; he was the first human spaceflight fatality.

On this date:

In 1792, Capt. Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle began composing "War Song for the Rhine Army," later known as "La Marseillaise" (lah mahr-say-YEHZ'), the national anthem of France.

In 1800, Congress approved a bill establishing the Library of Congress.

In 1898, Spain declared war on the United States. (The United States responded in kind the next day.)

In 1915, in what's considered the start of the Armenian genocide, the Ottoman Empire began rounding up Armenian political and cultural leaders in Constantinople.

In 1916, some 1,600 Irish nationalists launched the Easter Rising by seizing several key sites in Dublin. (The rising was put down by British forces five days later.)

In 1932, in the Free State of Prussia, the Nazi Party gained a plurality of seats in parliamentary elections.

In 1947, novelist Willa Cather, author of "My Antonia," died in New York at age 73.

In 1953, British statesman Winston Churchill was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II.

In 1962, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology achieved the first satellite relay of a television signal, using NASA's Echo 1 balloon satellite to bounce a video image from Camp Parks, California, to Westford, Massachusetts.

In 1970, the People's Republic of China launched its first satellite, which kept transmitting a song, "The East Is Red."

In 1980, the United States launched an unsuccessful attempt to free the American hostages in Iran, a mission that resulted in the deaths of eight U.S. servicemen.

In 1997, comedian Pat Paulsen died in Tijuana, Mexico, at age 69.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 01:30:02 PM
Ten years ago: In a harsh exchange, Vice President Dick Cheney accused Democratic leader Harry Reid of personally pursuing a defeatist strategy in Iraq to win votes at home - a charge dismissed by Reid as President George W. Bush's "attack dog" lashing out. Seven people were killed by a tornado in Maverick County on the Texas-Mexico border. European astronomers announced they had found a potentially habitable planet outside the solar system. Warren Avis, the founder of Avis Rent A Car, died in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama went after the college vote, telling students at the University of North Carolina that he and first lady Michelle Obama had "been in your shoes" and didn't pay off their student loans until eight years ago. Republican Mitt Romney swept primaries in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware, Pennsylvania and New York. Lakers forward Metta World Peace was suspended for seven games by the NBA two days after a vicious elbow on Oklahoma City's James Harden.

One year ago: President Barack Obama, visiting Hannover, Germany, defended international trade deals in the face of domestic and foreign opposition, saying it was "indisputable" that they strengthened the economy and made American businesses more competitive. British astronaut Tim Peake completed the London Marathon from 250 miles above the Earth, running the 26.2-mile race harnessed to a treadmill aboard the International Space Station, with a simulation of the route through London's streets playing on an iPad. (Peake finished in 3 hours and 35 minutes.) Billy Paul, 80, a jazz and soul singer best known for the No. 1 hit ballad and "Philadelphia Soul" classic "Me and Mrs. Jones," died in Blackwood, New Jersey.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 01:30:34 PM
Today's Birthdays: Movie director-producer Richard Donner is 87. Actress Shirley MacLaine is 83. Author Sue Grafton is 77. Actor-singer Michael Parks is 77. Actress-singer-director Barbra Streisand is 75. Former Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley is 75. Country singer Richard Sterban (The Oak Ridge Boys) is 74. Rock musician Doug Clifford (Creedence Clearwater Revival) is 72. Rock singer-musician Rob Hyman is 67. The prime minister of Ireland, or Taoiseach (TEE'-shuk), Enda Kenny, is 66. Actor-playwright Eric Bogosian is 64. Rock singer-musician Jack Blades (Night Ranger) is 63. Actor Michael O'Keefe is 62. Rock musician David J (Bauhaus) is 60. Actor Glenn Morshower is 58. Rock musician Billy Gould is 54. Actor-comedian Cedric the Entertainer is 53. Actor Djimon Hounsou (JEYE'-mihn OHN'-soo) is 53. Rock musician Patty Schemel is 50. Actress Stacy Haiduk (TV: "The Young and the Restless") is 49. Rock musician Aaron Comess (Spin Doctors) is 49. Actor Aidan Gillen is 49. Actress Melinda Clarke is 48. Actor Rory McCann is 48. Latin pop singer Alejandro Fernandez is 46. Country-rock musician Brad Morgan (Drive-By Truckers) is 46. Rock musician Brian Marshall (Creed; Alter Bridge) is 44. Actor Derek Luke is 43. Actor Eric Balfour is 40. Actress Rebecca Mader is 40. Country singer Rebecca Lynn Howard is 38. Country singer Danny Gokey is 37. Actress Reagan Gomez is 37. Actor Austin Nichols is 37. Actress Sasha Barrese is 36. Contemporary Christian musician Jasen Rauch (Red) is 36. Singer Kelly Clarkson is 35. Rock singer-musician Tyson Ritter (The All-American Rejects) is 33. Actor Joe Keery is 25. Actor Jack Quaid is 25. Actor Doc Shaw is 25. Golfer Lydia Ko is 20
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 01:31:32 PM
Thought for Today: "That is happiness; to be dissolved into something completely great." - Willa Cather (1873-1947).
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 24, 2017, 01:32:21 PM
[...]

Lots of commies in here for Tex to get his blood boiling over.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 01:37:00 PM
[...]

If Travellin Dave posts it I just assume it is full of commies and keep moving, otherwise it would be like opening up the early morning daily deals and expecting a spectacular offer.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 01:54:44 PM
We still good for Tuesday CB?
Sorry to miss out on a tasting.  Just not up to driving myself there and back.  Give me a couple of weeks.
Understood.  I'll be back.
When's the next time you're passing through?
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 02:07:28 PM
We still good for Tuesday CB?
Sorry to miss out on a tasting.  Just not up to driving myself there and back.  Give me a couple of weeks.
Understood.  I'll be back.
When's the next time you're passing through?
Probably middle to later part of next month, lets see, next week San Diego, week after Wisconsin, following week Maine....possibly week of May 22 or 29.  Definitely June
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 02:10:23 PM
We still good for Tuesday CB?
Sorry to miss out on a tasting.  Just not up to driving myself there and back.  Give me a couple of weeks.
Understood.  I'll be back.
When's the next time you're passing through?
Probably middle to later part of next month, lets see, next week San Diego, week after Wisconsin, following week Maine....possibly week of May 22 or 29.  Definitely June
Should definitely be scarred up and haired over by then.  May be missing a few miles per hour off my fastball but…
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 02:15:31 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 02:23:32 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 02:24:59 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
Also need to ID a conveniently located hotel for visitor HQ  (selfishly something in the Marriott family)
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 02:42:07 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
Also need to ID a conveniently located hotel for visitor HQ  (selfishly something in the Marriott family)
LOL, it would be Hilton Family if for me.

Speaking of Bean, WTF is he today?
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 24, 2017, 03:07:18 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 03:09:15 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 24, 2017, 03:16:01 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
message to ya Dave.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 03:19:42 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
message to ya Dave.
Got it and sent you a reply
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 24, 2017, 03:20:24 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
We can all hope to be so lucky.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 24, 2017, 03:20:32 PM
Hazzuh time!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 03:21:44 PM
I am checking out for the house too.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 24, 2017, 03:29:02 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
great! only a 16 hour drive for me.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 04:14:43 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
Also need to ID a conveniently located hotel for visitor HQ  (selfishly something in the Marriott family)
LOL, it would be Hilton Family if for me.

Speaking of Bean, WTF is he today?
Yea, but you will still be living in what used to be your home, so you don't need (or get to vote on) a hotel.  Besides, there is usually a Hilton next to every Marriott that is put up.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 04:18:39 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
Damn, that's quite the gathering.  Smokin', drinkin', scopin', chootin', eatin', rinse and repeat.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 24, 2017, 04:25:04 PM
good morning one and all,
nice Sunday sauce story, Brett, did you bankrool
the son's trip to the liquor store?  If not wine must
have tasted even better.
I paid for the wine. It's okay, boy just got a new job and will be paying more rent.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 24, 2017, 04:29:53 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
message to ya Dave.
Got it and sent you a reply
you did?
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 04:39:41 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
message to ya Dave.
Got it and sent you a reply
you did?
Well , I thought I did.  Will send another one in a couple of minutes.

I think I replied to the email notice so Tony will get it.   Just sent you a new one.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 04:42:51 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
Hey, you survived to be old.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 04:43:35 PM
V Lancero lit and some lime sparkling water.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 04:43:47 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
great! only a 16 hour drive for me.
Bragging or complaining?
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 24, 2017, 04:44:51 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
message to ya Dave.
Got it and sent you a reply
you did?
Well , I thought I did.  Will send another one in a couple of minutes.

I think I replied to the email notice so Tony will get it.   Just sent you a new one.
now we're all set.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 24, 2017, 04:46:19 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
great! only a 16 hour drive for me.
Bragging or complaining?
not really sure. all I did was google the drive.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 04:48:20 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
message to ya Dave.
Got it and sent you a reply
you did?
Well , I thought I did.  Will send another one in a couple of minutes.

I think I replied to the email notice so Tony will get it.   Just sent you a new one.
now we're all set.
Thanks
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on April 24, 2017, 04:59:01 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
I don't care if he is retiring, I ain't wearing no LBD.  8)
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 05:00:57 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
I don't care if he is retiring, I ain't wearing no LBD.  8)
LBD he is referring to does not look like you!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 05:37:59 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
I don't care if he is retiring, I ain't wearing no LBD.  8)
LBD he is referring to does not look like you!
Or you in one.  Sheesh!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 05:46:01 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
I don't care if he is retiring, I ain't wearing no LBD.  8)
LBD he is referring to does not look like you!
Thank God for that!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 05:52:40 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
I don't care if he is retiring, I ain't wearing no LBD.  8)
LBD he is referring to does not look like you!
Or you in one.  Sheesh!
Although they may enjoy you in that across the street at the Oil Can.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 05:53:04 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
I don't care if he is retiring, I ain't wearing no LBD.  8)
LBD he is referring to does not look like you!
Or you in one.  Sheesh!
Although they may enjoy you in that across the street at the Oil Can.
(just providing options)
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 05:54:44 PM
Now that things look more sure I have reset the Retire Countdown Calendar!

87 DAYS

OK, I just gave them the date to put on my retirement papers.
And official BOTL retirement weekend gala is June 23-24, so all can set their calendars accordingly.  Dean will get the hot rod serviced and ready for a road trip.  You and bean can work up the agenda....someplace nice for drinks and beverages on Friday, maybe with little black dresses.... Saturday, maybe we can go to a range for a bit, then catch someplace nice for dinner and another herf later that evening.  So 60 days and counting!
I don't care if he is retiring, I ain't wearing no LBD.  8)
LBD he is referring to does not look like you!
Or you in one.  Sheesh!
Although they may enjoy you in that across the street at the Oil Can.
(just providing options)
Valid Point!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 24, 2017, 06:01:51 PM
DPG Blue and coffee then early bed. doctor first thing in the morning. we get to decide on what medication cocktail we'll use for my RA. money is still an issue especially with Tier 2 and 3 meds if we have to go that way.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 06:04:23 PM
[...]

Flip getting a lube job at the Oil Can?
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 06:16:11 PM
Cat vs Rattle Snake - Now this is a Texas Size Rattler!  This was down in the Valley.

Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 06:43:47 PM
[...]

If he wants....we won't judge.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 06:46:30 PM
Cat vs Rattle Snake - Now this is a Texas Size Rattler!  This was down in the Valley.
That is more than twice the size of any I have ever seen!   :o  Either that cat is smarter than he looks or a whole lot dumber...
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 06:49:30 PM
Cat vs Rattle Snake - Now this is a Texas Size Rattler!  This was down in the Valley.
That is more than twice the size of any I have ever seen!   :o  Either that cat is smarter than he looks or a whole lot dumber...
If nothing else that is one life used up with luck!

I have only seen 2 that were even close to that size.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 24, 2017, 07:34:51 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
message to ya Dave.
Got it and sent you a reply
you did?
Well , I thought I did.  Will send another one in a couple of minutes.

I think I replied to the email notice so Tony will get it.   Just sent you a new one.
I did. Hahaha.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 07:36:00 PM
Recorded the race and watching it now, Danica Bitch hit the wall and out so it is a good race.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 24, 2017, 07:57:00 PM
Time to get something to eat.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 08:04:26 PM
Time to get something to eat.
Just finished that myself, Cheese Tortellini with garlic oil
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 08:09:26 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
message to ya Dave.
Got it and sent you a reply
you did?
Well , I thought I did.  Will send another one in a couple of minutes.

I think I replied to the email notice so Tony will get it.   Just sent you a new one.
I did. Hahaha.
How is the back Mayor?
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 24, 2017, 08:22:24 PM
Howdy, men.  Another very pleasant evening out.  (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170425/77ac019c3e6ec396691243934410fcfa.jpg)
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 08:25:36 PM
Howdy, men.  Another very pleasant evening out.  (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170425/77ac019c3e6ec396691243934410fcfa.jpg)
Poolside with the Beaner!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 08:28:11 PM
Howdy, men.  Another very pleasant evening out.  (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170425/77ac019c3e6ec396691243934410fcfa.jpg)
Poolside with the Beaner!
But he is late to work!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 24, 2017, 08:39:29 PM
Howdy, men.  Another very pleasant evening out.  (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170425/77ac019c3e6ec396691243934410fcfa.jpg)
Poolside with the Beaner!
But he is late to work!
Indeed.  Busy day.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 08:43:00 PM
Howdy, men.  Another very pleasant evening out.  (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170425/77ac019c3e6ec396691243934410fcfa.jpg)
Poolside with the Beaner!
But he is late to work!
Indeed.  Busy day.
That's what Monday's are for.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 24, 2017, 08:44:20 PM
Howdy, men.  Another very pleasant evening out.  (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170425/77ac019c3e6ec396691243934410fcfa.jpg)
Poolside with the Beaner!
But he is late to work!
Indeed.  Busy day.
That's what Monday's are for.
Yeah, they're great
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 24, 2017, 08:58:50 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
message to ya Dave.
Got it and sent you a reply
you did?
Well , I thought I did.  Will send another one in a couple of minutes.

I think I replied to the email notice so Tony will get it.   Just sent you a new one.
I did. Hahaha.
How is the back Mayor?
Much better, thanks. I'm back to normal with just a touch of uncomfortable.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 24, 2017, 09:18:36 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
message to ya Dave.
Got it and sent you a reply
you did?
Well , I thought I did.  Will send another one in a couple of minutes.

I think I replied to the email notice so Tony will get it.   Just sent you a new one.
I did. Hahaha.
How is the back Mayor?
Much better, thanks. I'm back to normal with just a touch of uncomfortable.
Good to hear.  Now lay off the Kama sutra moves for a while.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 24, 2017, 09:22:47 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
message to ya Dave.
Got it and sent you a reply
you did?
Well , I thought I did.  Will send another one in a couple of minutes.

I think I replied to the email notice so Tony will get it.   Just sent you a new one.
I did. Hahaha.
How is the back Mayor?
Much better, thanks. I'm back to normal with just a touch of uncomfortable.
Good to hear.  Now lay off the Kama sutra moves for a while.
LMFAO, excellent suggestion!
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 24, 2017, 10:06:07 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
message to ya Dave.
Got it and sent you a reply
you did?
Well , I thought I did.  Will send another one in a couple of minutes.

I think I replied to the email notice so Tony will get it.   Just sent you a new one.
I did. Hahaha.
How is the back Mayor?
Much better, thanks. I'm back to normal with just a touch of uncomfortable.
Good to hear.  Now lay off the Kama sutra moves for a while.
I wish. I was loading the dishwasher when my back went out. And no, my wife isn't the dishwasher.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 10:23:39 PM
I love Mondays.
good morning guys.
Belated happy birthday to ya, Deano. Sorry I missed you yesterday.
+1, Damn Dean you got to remind us of celebrations!
thanks guys. nothing to really celebrate other than officially being old.
Celebrate living to be old and medicare!
message to ya Dave.
Got it and sent you a reply
you did?
Well , I thought I did.  Will send another one in a couple of minutes.

I think I replied to the email notice so Tony will get it.   Just sent you a new one.
I did. Hahaha.
How is the back Mayor?
Much better, thanks. I'm back to normal with just a touch of uncomfortable.
Good to hear.  Now lay off the Kama sutra moves for a while.
Put away the trapeze.  Used to poo poo people and their bad backs until it happened to me.  Hope you're taking it easy and resting that back.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 24, 2017, 10:41:48 PM
[...]

I'm trying to take it easy but there are just some things that I can't trust others to do. For example, replacing the 5-gallon bottle on the water cooler.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 24, 2017, 10:49:56 PM
[...]

And we all can appreciate the technical nature of loading a dishwasher.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 11:16:03 PM
Nica Rustica Belly.  A different smoke from the Brujito.  Mellower.  Less of the fire cured flavor.  Monster had some for a good price but haven't seen them offered for a while.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 24, 2017, 11:25:19 PM
[...]

I may be a bit OCD.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 24, 2017, 11:26:59 PM
Nica Rustica Belly.  A different smoke from the Brujito.  Mellower.  Less of the fire cured flavor.  Monster had some for a good price but haven't seen them offered for a while.
I haven't smoked in a while. A Nica Rustica sounds very good right about now. Never haf the belicoso.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 24, 2017, 11:37:04 PM
Nica Rustica Belly.  A different smoke from the Brujito.  Mellower.  Less of the fire cured flavor.  Monster had some for a good price but haven't seen them offered for a while.
I haven't smoked in a while. A Nica Rustica sounds very good right about now. Never haf the belicoso.
a Churchill size with a pointy end.  Bet your back would feel better after a nice, relaxing smoke.  Gots to keep your smoke on Antnee.
Title: Re: 4/24/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 24, 2017, 11:37:14 PM
Too much wine is a good thing.