CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 16, 2017, 12:00:40 AM

Title: 1/16/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on January 16, 2017, 12:00:40 AM
Happy MLK Jr. Monday! Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2017, 03:51:05 AM
good morning.
Oliva O Cuba corona and coffee.
I love Mondays.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2017, 04:18:18 AM
Even the working stiffs will love this one because it's a holiday.

Good morning, Deano.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2017, 04:41:06 AM
Even the working stiffs will love this one because it's a holiday.

Good morning, Deano.
good morning Tony.
every day is a holiday for me.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 05:24:26 AM
Good morning Dean and Mr. Mayor.  Happy Deanday.  3 hrs of sleep, finally gave up and came to work. FML
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 05:24:50 AM
Empty door #3 at the sis, not that it's likely to matter much.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 05:25:29 AM
And a jam, but ditto on the mattering.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2017, 05:29:08 AM
Good morning Dean and Mr. Mayor.  Happy Deanday.  3 hrs of sleep, finally gave up and came to work. FML
morning Mark.
I hate days like you're having.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2017, 05:30:11 AM
59° but may hit the low 80's.
I love this weather here.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 05:36:29 AM
Good morning Dean and Mr. Mayor.  Happy Deanday.  3 hrs of sleep, finally gave up and came to work. FML
morning Mark.
I hate days like you're having.
It used to be just a Sunday night thing, but seems to be more frequent.  May have to turn to pharmaceuticals.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 05:37:09 AM
59° but may hit the low 80's.
I love this weather here.
You were house hunting not long ago.  You still looking?
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2017, 05:54:47 AM
59° but may hit the low 80's.
I love this weather here.
You were house hunting not long ago.  You still looking?
still looking but there's not a lot of rentals available with the influx of snowbirds this time of year. still waiting on one house that's being remodeled. apparently I get first call on it when it's done.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:14:16 AM
Even the working stiffs will love this one because it's a holiday.

Good morning, Deano.
Oh yea?  Not me.  And I still hate Mondays.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:15:48 AM
Good morning Dean and Mr. Mayor.  Happy Deanday.  3 hrs of sleep, finally gave up and came to work. FML
Not good at all Mr. Bean.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:16:50 AM
Morning extra early risers Dean, Tony and Bean.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 06:18:08 AM
Even the working stiffs will love this one because it's a holiday.

Good morning, Deano.
Oh yea?  Not me.  And I still hate Mondays.
No schitt.  Morning StFrancisOfAssisiDave.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:18:47 AM
Today is Monday, Jan. 16, the 16th day of 2017. There are 349 days left in the year. This is the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Jan. 16, 1942, actress Carole Lombard, 33, her mother, Elizabeth, and 20 other people were killed when their plane crashed near Las Vegas, Nevada, while en route to California from a war-bond promotion tour.

On this date:

In 27 B.C., Caesar Augustus was declared the first Emperor of the Roman Empire by the Senate.

In 1547, Ivan IV of Russia (popularly known as "Ivan the Terrible") was crowned Czar.

In 1865, Union Maj. Gen. William T. Sherman decreed that 400,000 acres of land in the South would be divided into 40-acre lots and given to former slaves. (The order, later revoked by President Andrew Johnson, is believed to have inspired the expression, "Forty acres and a mule.")

In 1920, Prohibition began in the United States as the 18th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution took effect, one year to the day after its ratification. (It was later repealed by the 21st Amendment.)

In 1935, fugitive gangster Fred Barker and his mother, Kate "Ma" Barker, were killed in a shootout with the FBI at Lake Weir, Florida.

In 1957, three B-52's took off from Castle Air Force Base in California on the first non-stop, round-the-world flight by jet planes, which lasted 45 hours and 19 minutes. Classical music conductor Arturo Toscanini died in New York at age 89.

In 1967, Alan S. Boyd was sworn in as the first U.S. secretary of transportation.

In 1978, NASA named 35 candidates to fly on the space shuttle, including Sally K. Ride, who became America's first woman in space, and Guion S. Bluford Jr., who became America's first black astronaut in space.

In 1987, Hu Yaobang resigned as head of China's Communist Party, declaring he'd made mistakes in dealing with student turmoil and intellectual challenges to the system. Broadway columnist Earl Wilson died in Yonkers, New York, at age 79.

In 1991, the White House announced the start of Operation Desert Storm to drive Iraqi forces out of Kuwait. (Allied forces prevailed on Feb. 28, 1991.)

In 1992, officials of the government of El Salvador and rebel leaders signed a pact in Mexico City ending 12 years of civil war that had left at least 75,000 people dead.

In 1997, entertainer Bill Cosby's only son, Ennis, was shot to death in Los Angeles during an apparent roadside robbery attempt. (Mikhail Markhasev was later convicted of Ennis Cosby's killing, and sentenced to life in prison.) Two bomb blasts an hour apart rocked a building in Sandy Springs, Georgia, containing an abortion clinic (serial bomber Eric Rudolph later admitted responsibility).
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2017, 06:19:54 AM
Morning extra early risers Dean, Tony and Bean.
morning Dave. I slept good for a change. too bad I was alone.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:20:12 AM
Ten years ago: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., launched his successful bid for the White House. Jury selection began in the CIA leak trial of former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby. (Libby was later convicted of perjury, obstruction and lying to the FBI; President George W. Bush ended up commuting Libby's 30-month prison term.) Two car bombs exploded outside Al-Mustansiriya University in Baghdad, killing at least 70 people. Pookie Hudson, lead singer for the Spaniels doo-wop group, died in Capitol Heights, Maryland, at age 72. Actor Ron Carey (TV: "Barney Miller") died in Los Angeles at age 71.

Five years ago: Republican presidential front-runner Mitt Romney fended off attacks from rivals during a debate in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina; hours before the debate, former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman withdrew from the race and announced his support for Romney despite their differences. Jimmy Castor, funk and soul saxophonist, singer and songwriter whose tune, "It's Just Begun," morphed into an anthem for generations of musical acts, died in Las Vegas at age 71.

One year ago: The U.N. nuclear agency certified that Iran had met all of its commitments under a landmark deal, prompting the West to lift economic sanctions that had been in place for years. Taiwan elected Tsai Ing-wen as its first female president, handing her pro-independence party its first majority in the national legislature. Former NFL coach Ted Marchibroda, 84, died in Weems, Virginia.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:20:47 AM
Today's Birthdays: Author William Kennedy is 89. Author-editor Norman Podhoretz is 87. Opera singer Marilyn Horne is 83. Hall of Fame auto racer A.J. Foyt is 82. Singer Barbara Lynn is 75. Country singer Ronnie Milsap is 74. Singer Katherine Anderson Schaffner (The Marvelettes) is 73. Country singer Jim Stafford is 73. Talk show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger is 70. Movie director John Carpenter is 69. Actress-dancer-choreographer Debbie Allen is 67. Rhythm-and-blues singer Maxine Jones (En Vogue) is 58. Singer Sade (shah-DAY') is 58. Rock musician Paul Webb (Talk Talk) is 55. Actor David Chokachi (CHOH'-kuh-chee) is 49. Actor-writer-director Josh Evans is 46. Actor-comedian Jonathan Mangum is 46. Actor Richard T. Jones is 45. Actress Josie Davis is 44. Model Kate Moss is 43. Actor/playwright Lin-Manuel Miranda (Stage: "Hamilton") is 37. Country musician James Young (The Eli Young Band) is 37. Rock musician Nick Valensi (The Strokes) is 36. Actress Renee Felice Smith is 32. NFL quaterback Joe Flacco is 32. Actress Yvonne Zima is 28.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 06:21:07 AM
Morning extra early risers Dean, Tony and Bean.
morning Dave. I slept good for a change. too bad I was alone.
There may be a correlation there.  Just sayin'
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:21:16 AM
Thought for Today: "There are three ingredients to the good life: learning, earning, and yearning." - Christopher Morley, American journalist (1890-1957).
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:21:35 AM
Morning extra early risers Dean, Tony and Bean.
morning Dave. I slept good for a change. too bad I was alone.
There may be a correlation there.  Just sayin'
Thinking the same.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:25:42 AM
Even the working stiffs will love this one because it's a holiday.

Good morning, Deano.
Oh yea?  Not me.  And I still hate Mondays.
No schitt.  Morning StFrancisOfAssisiDave.
And I'm not even Italian!
Better than Dr. Doolittle I guess.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 06:26:54 AM
Thought for Today: "There are three ingredients to the good life: learning, earning, and yearning." - Christopher Morley, American journalist (1890-1957).
A lack of yearning for these 80% off Gurks.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:30:16 AM
Even the working stiffs will love this one because it's a holiday.

Good morning, Deano.
Next day off is President's Day, Feb 15.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 06:30:32 AM
Even the working stiffs will love this one because it's a holiday.

Good morning, Deano.
Oh yea?  Not me.  And I still hate Mondays.
No schitt.  Morning StFrancisOfAssisiDave.
And I'm not even Italian!
Better than Dr. Doolittle I guess.
Ha, forgot about that one.  When you report a Pushme-Pullyu or Giant Moon Moth hanging out at your herfs you can be DrDolittleDave.  Of course you'll need to be smoking something other than a cigar to get there.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:31:17 AM
Thought for Today: "There are three ingredients to the good life: learning, earning, and yearning." - Christopher Morley, American journalist (1890-1957).
A lack of yearning for these 80% off Gurks.
A Yak of yearning did you say?
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:32:40 AM
Even the working stiffs will love this one because it's a holiday.

Good morning, Deano.
Oh yea?  Not me.  And I still hate Mondays.
No schitt.  Morning StFrancisOfAssisiDave.
And I'm not even Italian!
Better than Dr. Doolittle I guess.
Ha, forgot about that one.  When you report a Pushme-Pullyu or Giant Moon Moth hanging out at your herfs you can be DrDolittleDave.  Of course you'll need to be smoking something other than a cigar to get there.
Indeed.  Been many a year since one of those herfs.... :o
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2017, 06:41:30 AM
Morning extra early risers Dean, Tony and Bean.
morning Dave. I slept good for a change. too bad I was alone.
There may be a correlation there.  Just sayin'
Thinking the same.
+1
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2017, 06:44:33 AM
Morning early birds, I am not used to waking up on page 2.

Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:47:06 AM
Good for the Swiss!

http://www.newser.com/story/236731/woman-denied-swiss-passport-for-being-annoying.html
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:48:14 AM
Morning early birds, I am not used to waking up on page 2.
And barely made that.  Morning CarolinaDave.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2017, 06:50:08 AM
Morning early birds, I am not used to waking up on page 2.
And barely made that.  Morning CarolinaDave.
Very True
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2017, 06:52:50 AM
It was certainly Tony's Day for football yesterday!
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 06:57:39 AM
Who wouldn't want to start out their Monday with a horny monkey story...

http://www.newser.com/story/236672/scientists-catch-monkey-having-sexual-relations-with-deer.html
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2017, 07:05:15 AM
Morning early birds, I am not used to waking up on page 2.
and we did it without you. 😭
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2017, 07:09:08 AM
Possible Good bidding opportunity here

Four Kicks By Crowned Heads Corona Gorda 5 Pack Currently at $15

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/four-kicks-by-crowned-heads-corona-gorda-5-pack-cigars/item-40660?auctionnum=1805026
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 07:15:11 AM
“Not all those who wander are lost.” —J.R.R. Tolkien
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 07:18:24 AM
Still only 75 (of 100) bidders on Room 101 Serie HN '305' - Mazo of 25 at the devil finishing later today.  Looks like price is solid at 59.99.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2017, 07:27:34 AM
Good offer on Sancho Panza 5 Paks and boxes

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/sancho-panza-freebie/?slide=2
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 07:28:55 AM
Finally moved on from those Gurkha's.... ::)
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 07:31:03 AM
Possible Good bidding opportunity here

Four Kicks By Crowned Heads Corona Gorda 5 Pack Currently at $15

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/four-kicks-by-crowned-heads-corona-gorda-5-pack-cigars/item-40660?auctionnum=1805026
Five lots?  Good luck.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2017, 07:43:20 AM
Possible Good bidding opportunity here

Four Kicks By Crowned Heads Corona Gorda 5 Pack Currently at $15

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/four-kicks-by-crowned-heads-corona-gorda-5-pack-cigars/item-40660?auctionnum=1805026
Five lots?  Good luck.
Thank you Mr Positive, now show us a better opportunity.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 07:46:29 AM
Possible Good bidding opportunity here

Four Kicks By Crowned Heads Corona Gorda 5 Pack Currently at $15

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/four-kicks-by-crowned-heads-corona-gorda-5-pack-cigars/item-40660?auctionnum=1805026
Five lots?  Good luck.
Thank you Mr Positive, now show us a better opportunity.
Because an opportunity is crappy that means a better one exists?
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2017, 07:48:25 AM
Possible Good bidding opportunity here

Four Kicks By Crowned Heads Corona Gorda 5 Pack Currently at $15

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/four-kicks-by-crowned-heads-corona-gorda-5-pack-cigars/item-40660?auctionnum=1805026
Five lots?  Good luck.
Thank you Mr Positive, now show us a better opportunity.
Because an opportunity is crappy that means a better one exists?
Not that I know of but apparently you do.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 07:57:20 AM
Possible Good bidding opportunity here

Four Kicks By Crowned Heads Corona Gorda 5 Pack Currently at $15

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/four-kicks-by-crowned-heads-corona-gorda-5-pack-cigars/item-40660?auctionnum=1805026
Five lots?  Good luck.
Thank you Mr Positive, now show us a better opportunity.
Because an opportunity is crappy that means a better one exists?
Not that I know of but apparently you do.
Not sure how you reached that conclusion, though I will admit you have a good opportunity now to GFY.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2017, 08:24:39 AM
Possible Good bidding opportunity here

Four Kicks By Crowned Heads Corona Gorda 5 Pack Currently at $15

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/four-kicks-by-crowned-heads-corona-gorda-5-pack-cigars/item-40660?auctionnum=1805026
Five lots?  Good luck.
Thank you Mr Positive, now show us a better opportunity.
Because an opportunity is crappy that means a better one exists?
Not that I know of but apparently you do.
Not sure how you reached that conclusion, though I will admit you have a good opportunity now to GFY.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 08:55:08 AM
Sure feels like Tuesday.... ???
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 08:55:51 AM
Possible Good bidding opportunity here

Four Kicks By Crowned Heads Corona Gorda 5 Pack Currently at $15

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/four-kicks-by-crowned-heads-corona-gorda-5-pack-cigars/item-40660?auctionnum=1805026
Five lots?  Good luck.
Thank you Mr Positive, now show us a better opportunity.
Because an opportunity is crappy that means a better one exists?
Not that I know of but apparently you do.
Not sure how you reached that conclusion, though I will admit you have a good opportunity now to GFY.
Sleeping in and still get up on the wrong side of the bed?
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 09:32:06 AM
At the Page today, Ashton and a select group of fixed, folding and hatchet sharp instruments.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2017, 09:53:48 AM
Good morning again, gents.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2017, 09:58:36 AM
High prices DPG Blues up on the jam. Get 'em while they're hot.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 09:59:35 AM
High prices DPG Blues up on the jam. Get 'em while they're hot.
Or at least lukewarm.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2017, 10:00:27 AM
Empty door #3 at the sis, not that it's likely to matter much.
They finally added that 3rd door and you were absolutely correct about it not mattering.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2017, 10:06:06 AM
High prices DPG Blues up on the jam. Get 'em while they're hot.
Or at least lukewarm.
So is it just you and Mark working today?
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 16, 2017, 10:19:46 AM
Good morning all!
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 10:24:31 AM
High prices DPG Blues up on the jam. Get 'em while they're hot.
Or at least lukewarm.
So is it just you and Mark working today?
Apparently.
Fishy is off at hockey.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 10:24:50 AM
Morning Sam.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2017, 10:25:27 AM
Good morning all!
All? More like, few. Good morning, Sam.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2017, 10:27:13 AM
High prices DPG Blues up on the jam. Get 'em while they're hot.
Or at least lukewarm.
So is it just you and Mark working today?
Apparently.
Fishy is off at hockey.
Wonder what the celebratory cigar will be?
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2017, 10:37:00 AM
High prices DPG Blues up on the jam. Get 'em while they're hot.
Or at least lukewarm.
So is it just you and Mark working today?
I'm working at doing nothing.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 10:40:19 AM
High prices DPG Blues up on the jam. Get 'em while they're hot.
Or at least lukewarm.
So is it just you and Mark working today?
Sheesh on us.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 16, 2017, 10:50:01 AM
I see Holts has their weekly specials up.  looks meh to me, but there are some I don't recognize.  Although, you do have to love a cigar named Herfdog Crazy Canine...  only $.89 ea!
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 10:50:11 AM
Good morning all!
All? More like, few. Good morning, Sam.
Remember what TexDave said, Tony, we're being positive here.
It's not quantity, it's quality.....well, kinda..... ???
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 10:50:48 AM
High prices DPG Blues up on the jam. Get 'em while they're hot.
Or at least lukewarm.
So is it just you and Mark working today?
I'm working at doing nothing.
You usually do a piss poor job of it.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 10:55:08 AM
High prices DPG Blues up on the jam. Get 'em while they're hot.
Or at least lukewarm.
So is it just you and Mark working today?
Apparently.
Fishy is off at hockey.
Wonder what the celebratory cigar will be?
I would wager on a Warped or Intemperance.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2017, 11:00:25 AM
High prices DPG Blues up on the jam. Get 'em while they're hot.
Or at least lukewarm.
So is it just you and Mark working today?
I'm working at doing nothing.
Thought you left. My bad.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2017, 11:02:07 AM
I see Holts has their weekly specials up.  looks meh to me, but there are some I don't recognize.  Although, you do have to love a cigar named Herfdog Crazy Canine...  only $.89 ea!
I don't think I have to love it and you can't make me!
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 11:02:20 AM
I see Holts has their weekly specials up.  looks meh to me, but there are some I don't recognize.  Although, you do have to love a cigar named Herfdog Crazy Canine...  only $.89 ea!
Are you really that brave Sam.  I for sure am not.
Daruma Gold box price isn't bad.  Hopefully come down a bit more in the next couple of weeks.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2017, 11:30:56 AM
High prices DPG Blues up on the jam. Get 'em while they're hot.
Or at least lukewarm.
So is it just you and Mark working today?
I'm working at doing nothing.
Thought you left. My bad.
lurking
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 16, 2017, 11:34:44 AM
I see Holts has their weekly specials up.  looks meh to me, but there are some I don't recognize.  Although, you do have to love a cigar named Herfdog Crazy Canine...  only $.89 ea!
I don't think I have to love it and you can't make me!
True, then again, i wouldn't really try to make you either...
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 16, 2017, 11:36:12 AM
I see Holts has their weekly specials up.  looks meh to me, but there are some I don't recognize.  Although, you do have to love a cigar named Herfdog Crazy Canine...  only $.89 ea!
Are you really that brave Sam.  I for sure am not.
Daruma Gold box price isn't bad.  Hopefully come down a bit more in the next couple of weeks.
No, no heroics here.  Herfdog will ever remain just a cool name for a cigar.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2017, 11:38:01 AM
LGC toro and coffee.
73° and cloudy.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: shank on January 16, 2017, 11:38:38 AM
Morning all!

The page continues to try to clear out the CAOs. Lat Traviata divinos and maddys animados are now. $24.95. That's down from $26.50 on the tenski deals a couple days ago and I think $27.50 a bit before that. Wonder what's next?
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 12:08:46 PM
Morning all!

The page continues to try to clear out the CAOs. Lat Traviata divinos and maddys animados are now. $24.95. That's down from $26.50 on the tenski deals a couple days ago and I think $27.50 a bit before that. Wonder what's next?
Keep us posted.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: shank on January 16, 2017, 12:46:18 PM
Morning all!

The page continues to try to clear out the CAOs. Lat Traviata divinos and maddys animados are now. $24.95. That's down from $26.50 on the tenski deals a couple days ago and I think $27.50 a bit before that. Wonder what's next?
Keep us posted.

For sure. I can't imagine they will get much cheaper than that. I ordered 10 of each the other day, but probably won't be ordering more. I am trying to not keep too many of any one cigar around at the moment as I want to broaden my horizons. I do think the LTs are a nice smoke at $2.50 a piece, though.

I have a new (to me) 125 ct (or so) H.Upmann humidor that I think should hold all the smokes I'd need to keep on hand at any given time. So far it's working out. Then I've got my old 50 ct that I usually use for wallet, keys, etc., that I can fill if I want to. Haven't had to do the tupper-dor thing. I only smoke one, sometimes two, a day, and sometimes none. Seems unnecessary for me to to keep hundreds on hand.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 16, 2017, 12:48:25 PM
[...]

Don't worry, won't take long for you to come around from that way of thinking!  :D
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 12:58:51 PM
Morning all!

The page continues to try to clear out the CAOs. Lat Traviata divinos and maddys animados are now. $24.95. That's down from $26.50 on the tenski deals a couple days ago and I think $27.50 a bit before that. Wonder what's next?
Keep us posted.
......Seems unnecessary for me to to keep hundreds on hand.
Of course not.  Keep us posted.  ;)
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 01:00:29 PM
[...]

We've never argued the necessity of it, or the common sense or any other rational explanation.  We do because.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2017, 01:03:34 PM
[...]

No joke.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: sfish on January 16, 2017, 01:29:53 PM
Afternoon boys, tourney finally over. Kids played a great game and won 7-2 to win the championship. Our rink had come in second for the last 4 years so it was nice to finally win one.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 01:40:42 PM
Afternoon boys, tourney finally over. Kids played a great game and won 7-2 to win the championship. Our rink had come in second for the last 4 years so it was nice to finally win one.
Bridesmaids no longer!  Nice, congratulations.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 01:46:43 PM
Afternoon boys, tourney finally over. Kids played a great game and won 7-2 to win the championship. Our rink had come in second for the last 4 years so it was nice to finally win one.
Congrats!  So the question came up earlier....what's your victory cigar going to be?
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2017, 02:00:41 PM
Afternoon boys, tourney finally over. Kids played a great game and won 7-2 to win the championship. Our rink had come in second for the last 4 years so it was nice to finally win one.
Congrats to the boys and their pops!
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: sfish on January 16, 2017, 02:03:38 PM
Afternoon boys, tourney finally over. Kids played a great game and won 7-2 to win the championship. Our rink had come in second for the last 4 years so it was nice to finally win one.
Congrats!  So the question came up earlier....what's your victory cigar going to be?
Good question, trying to figure out when I can have one
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 02:31:28 PM
Afternoon boys, tourney finally over. Kids played a great game and won 7-2 to win the championship. Our rink had come in second for the last 4 years so it was nice to finally win one.
So does that mean that your ice time for the next year is half price?
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 16, 2017, 02:39:13 PM
Afternoon boys, tourney finally over. Kids played a great game and won 7-2 to win the championship. Our rink had come in second for the last 4 years so it was nice to finally win one.
Nice!  Congratulations!
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 02:58:25 PM
Time to get to the appointment.  BBL
Won't be able to enjoy the light commute traffic tomorrow.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 16, 2017, 03:26:53 PM
Time to get to the appointment.  BBL
Won't be able to enjoy the light commute traffic tomorrow.
so true.  but, please be careful anyway!
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 16, 2017, 03:50:49 PM
Looking for the ride home cigar early today.  a bit of wishful thinking i guess.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 16, 2017, 04:05:42 PM
ok, lights are on standby and key is under the mat.  g'night.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 04:15:44 PM
Arrived home, order of Laranja toro's waiting for me, Tatuaje Fausto lit with coffee...day might be salvageable after all.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 16, 2017, 04:28:22 PM
Afternoon, muchachos. Househd chores today, then a visit to the choootin' range.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on January 16, 2017, 04:37:24 PM
Afternoon, muchachos. Househd chores today, then a visit to the choootin' range.
Choot 'em!  Whatcha taking to the range?
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 16, 2017, 04:38:44 PM
Afternoon, muchachos. Househd chores today, then a visit to the choootin' range.
Choot 'em!  Whatcha taking to the range?
Dirty Harry's gun and the daily carry sidearms. Trip to Front Sight in February. Time to train.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on January 16, 2017, 04:48:54 PM
Afternoon, muchachos. Househd chores today, then a visit to the choootin' range.
Choot 'em!  Whatcha taking to the range?
Dirty Harry's gun and the daily carry sidearms. Trip to Front Sight in February. Time to train.
A plethora of sidearms.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 16, 2017, 05:10:07 PM
With all the early risers today, we'll probably have most in bed by 9:00.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: shank on January 16, 2017, 05:43:42 PM
There is a door #3 deal up at cigar dot com now. RP Vintage 99 robustos. 10 for $40.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 09:27:17 PM
RP deal lull.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2017, 09:27:29 PM
With all the early risers today, we'll probably have most in bed by 9:00.
Indeed.
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2017, 09:34:19 PM
Empty door #3 at the sis, not that it's likely to matter much.
They finally added that 3rd door and you were absolutely correct about it not mattering.
Redundancy lull?
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2017, 09:35:05 PM
With all the early risers today, we'll probably have most in bed by 9:00.
Indeed.
I'm still up. TWHS!
Title: Re: 1/16/2017
Post by: shank on January 16, 2017, 11:44:57 PM
Twhs?