Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

  • Administrator
11/14/2015
« on: November 14, 2015, 12:01:39 AM »

Cigar deals seem like a silly thing to get hung up on in light of the travesties that occurred in Paris. At the same time, talking about cigars and other lighter topics allows us to live our lives and not allow terrorists to change us.  Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Welcome aboard!

Cannoli. Cannoli done right is a taste of heaven Cannoli done reasonably well is delightful. Cannoli done badly is still pretty damned good. Had a pretty good Cannoli tonight, with strong black coffee. The Pasta Puttanesca sucked (how do you screw up Pasta Puttanesca? You leave out the anchovies). But the Cannoli was pretty damned okay.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **

Cigar deals seem like a silly thing to get hung up on in light of the travesties that occurred in Paris. At the same time, talking about cigars and other lighter topics allows us to live our lives and not allow terrorists to change us.  Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Welcome aboard!
Interview with expert who monitors ISIS communications sites/twitter feeds, etc. said ISiS terrorists wrote basically - 'Paris today, Rome tomorrow.'
May God rest the souls of innocent.

Cigar deals seem like a silly thing to get hung up on in light of the travesties that occurred in Paris. At the same time, talking about cigars and other lighter topics allows us to live our lives and not allow terrorists to change us.  Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Welcome aboard!
Interview with expert who monitors ISIS communications sites/twitter feeds, etc. said ISiS terrorists wrote basically - 'Paris today, Rome tomorrow.'
May God rest the souls of innocent.
Is there anyone innocent?

That's an honest question, not sarcasm.

I mean, Tex and I are the right-wing gun nuts here. And I have liberal - whatever that means - friends who tease me for my "paranoia". But there are 150 some-odd people dead in Paris.

If I would have warned them earlier today that a terrorist or three could gun them down at a concert, would they have laughed and told me about the odds of that happening?

I dunno. Maybe I am paranoid. But I'm gonna keep carrying the gun. If it comes to the worst-case scenario, having a gun and being a trained shooter may not save me. But I won't die wishing I could have fought back.

[...]

I couldn't agree with you more, Raz.  I'm not a gun guy but I'm not one of those trying to take them away from you either.  And I'm sure I'll get emails from some of the left wing groups using the Paris attacks as an excuse to ban guns and protest against the NRA... I'm also pretty sure that these terrorists who caused all the attrosaties didn't acquire their AK-47s legally.  I'm tired of giving up my rights.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Good morning guys.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today is Saturday, Nov. 14, the 318th day of 2015. There are 47 days left in the year.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Highlight in History:

On Nov. 14, 1965, the U.S. Army's first major military operation of the Vietnam War began with the start of the five-day Battle of Ia Drang. (The fighting between American troops and North Vietnamese forces ended on Nov. 18 with both sides claiming victory.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

On this date:
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1851, Herman Melville's novel "Moby-Dick; Or, The Whale" was first published in the United States.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1889, inspired by the Jules Verne novel "Around the World in Eighty Days," New York World reporter Nellie Bly (Elizabeth Cochrane) set out to make the trip in less time than the fictional Phileas Fogg. (She completed the journey in 72 days.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1910, Eugene B. Ely became the first aviator to take off from a ship as his Curtiss pusher rolled off a sloping platform on the deck of the scout cruiser USS Birmingham off Hampton Roads, Virginia.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1915, African-American educator Booker T. Washington, 59, died in Tuskegee, Alabama.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1925, the first group exhibition of surrealistic paintings opened at the Galerie Pierre in Paris.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1940, during World War II, German planes destroyed most of the English town of Coventry.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9