CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 29, 2014, 12:00:33 AM

Title: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on September 29, 2014, 12:00:33 AM
Let's try this again.  PERHAPS some cigar talk and learn something along the way.  Be warned, you will catch hell if you post something everyone doesn't agree with.  And heaven forbid if you should make a grammatical error, you'll be berated with GFYs!  So don't have thin skin and welcome aboard!

Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: IrascibleOldFool on September 29, 2014, 12:01:56 AM
Happy jam Monday!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:16:44 AM
5 My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto
          5/25.00
 4 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 3 Diesel Delirium
         5/29.50
 2 Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Toro
          10/37.50
 1 Montecristo Churchill
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:17:27 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:23:17 AM
Today is Monday, Sept. 29, the 272nd day of 2014. There are 93 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:23:38 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On Sept. 29, 1789, the U.S. War Department established a regular army with a strength of several hundred men.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:23:59 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:24:58 AM
In 1829, London's reorganized police force, which became known as Scotland Yard, went on duty.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:25:40 AM
In 1862, Prussia's newly appointed minister-president, Otto von Bismarck, declared the issue of German unification would be decided "not through speeches and majority decisions" but by "iron and blood (Eisen und Blut)."
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:26:33 AM
League, which had its beginnings as The Committee on Urban Conditions Among Negroes, was established in New York.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:27:03 AM
In 1938, British, French, German and Italian leaders concluded the Munich Agreement, which was aimed at appeasing Adolf Hitler by allowing Nazi annexation of Czechoslovakia's Sudetenland.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:27:48 AM

In 1938, British, French, German and Italian leaders concluded the Munich Agreement, which was aimed at appeasing Adolf Hitler by allowing Nazi annexation of Czechoslovakia's Sudetenland.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:29:04 AM
A Star is Born starring Judy Garland and James Mason, had its world premiere at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:30:06 AM
In 1963, "The Judy Garland Show" premiered on CBS-TV.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:30:28 AM
In 1978, Pope John Paul I was found dead in his Vatican apartment just over a month after becoming head of the Roman Catholic Church.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:30:55 AM
In 1982, Extra-Strength Tylenol capsules laced with deadly cyanide claimed the first of seven victims in the Chicago area. (To date, the case remains unsolved.)
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:31:17 AM

In 1989, actress Zsa Zsa Gabor was convicted of battery for slapping Beverly Hills police officer Paul Kramer after he'd pulled over her Rolls-Royce for expired license plates. (As part of her sentence, Gabor ended up serving three days in jail.)
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:31:47 AM
In 1999, The Associated Press reported on the killing of hundreds of South Korean refugees by U.S. soldiers in the early days of the Korean War, beneath a bridge at a hamlet called No Gun Ri. (In 2001, after its own investigation, the U.S. Army affirmed that killings had occurred, but said they were not deliberate.)
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:32:44 AM
In 2005, John G. Roberts Jr. was sworn in as the nation's 17th chief justice after winning Senate confirmation.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:34:11 AM
Ten years ago: A video surfaced showing Kenneth Bigley, a British hostage held by Iraqi militants, pleading for help between the bars of a makeshift cage. (Bigley was later killed.) The privately built SpaceShipOne rocket plane hurtled past the edge of earth's atmosphere, completing the first stage of a quest to win the $10 million Ansari X Prize.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:34:42 AM
Five years ago: New York City terrorism suspect Najibullah Zazi (nah-jee-BOO'-lah ZAH'-zee) pleaded not guilty to conspiring to use weapons of mass destruction in what authorities said was a planned attack on commuter trains. (Zazi later pleaded guilty to charges including conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction and supporting al-Qaida.) Former Democratic fundraiser Norman Hsu (shoo) was sentenced in New York to more than 24 years in prison for his guilty plea to fraud charges and another four years and four months in prison for his conviction at trial for breaking campaign finance laws; he's due to be released in 2030. A tsunami killed nearly 200 people in Samoa, American Samoa and Tonga.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:35:38 AM

One year ago: NASA's newest delivery service, Orbital Sciences Corp.'s unmanned cargo spacecraft Cygnus, made its first-ever shipment to the International Space Station. Some four dozen people were shot to death at an agricultural college in Gujba, Nigeria, in an attack blamed on Boko Haram. A car bomb tore through a market in Peshawar, Pakistan, killing at least 41 people. On the last day of the season, Miami's Henderson Alvarez pitched one of baseball's most bizarre no-hitters. Alvarez celebrated in the on-deck circle when the Marlins scored on a two-out wild pitch in the bottom of the ninth inning to beat the Detroit Tigers 1-0.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:37:02 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Lizabeth Scott is 93. Conductor Richard Bonynge is 84. Actress Anita Ekberg is 83. Writer-director Robert Benton is 82. Singer Jerry Lee Lewis is 79. Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is 78. Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., is 72. Actor Ian McShane is 72. Jazz musician Jean-Luc Ponty is 72. Nobel Peace laureate Lech Walesa (lehk vah-WEN'-sah), the former president of Poland, is 71. Television-film composer Mike Post is 70. Actress Patricia Hodge is 68. TV personality Bryant Gumbel is 66. Rock singer-musician Mark Farner is 66. Rock singer-musician Mike Pinera is 66. Country singer Alvin Crow is 64. Actor Drake Hogestyn is 61. Broadcast journalist Gwen Ifill is 59. Former child actor Ken Weatherwax (TV: "The Addams Family") is 59. Olympic gold medal runner Sebastian Coe is 58. Singer Suzzy Roche (The Roches) is 58. Comedian-actor Andrew "Dice" Clay is 57. Rock singer John Payne (Asia) is 56. Actor Roger Bart is 52. Singer-musician Les Claypool is 51. Actress Jill Whelan is 48. Actor Luke Goss is 46. Rock musician Brad Smith (Blind Melon) is 46. Actress Erika Eleniak is 45. Rhythm-and-blues singer Devante Swing (Jodeci) is 45. Country singer Brad Cotter (TV: "Nashville Star") is 44. Actress Emily Lloyd is 44. Actress Natasha Gregson Wagner is 44. Actress Rachel Cronin is 43. Country musician Danick Dupelle (Emerson Drive) is 41. Actor Alexis Cruz is 40. Actor Zachary Levi is 34. Country singer Katie McNeill (3 of Hearts) is 32. Rock musician Josh Farro is 27. Actor Doug Brochu is 24. Singer Phillip Phillips is 24. Actress Clara Mamet is 20.

Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:38:08 AM
Thought for Today: "Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both." — Eleanor Roosevelt, American first lady (1884-1962).
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:38:49 AM
The Last Kiss
-------------------------

Back on January 9th, a group of Pekin, Illinois bikers were riding west on I-74 when they saw a girl about to jump off the Murray Baker Bridge. So they stopped.
George, their leader, a big burly man of 53, gets off his Harley, walks through a group of gawkers, past the State Trooper who was trying to talk her down off the railing, and says,
"Hey Baby.....whatcha doin' up there on that railin'?"

She says tearfully, "I'm going to commit suicide!!"

While he didn't want to appear 'sensitive', George also didn't want to miss this 'be-a-legend' opportunity either so he asked..."Well, before you jump, Honey-Babe....why don't you give ole George here your best last kiss?"

So, with no hesitation at all, she leaned back over the railing and did just that... and it was a long, deep, lingering kiss followed immediately by another even better one.

After they breathlessly finished, George gets a big thumbs-up approval from his biker-buddies, the onlookers, and even the State Trooper, and then says,

"Wow! That was the best kiss I have ever had, Honey! That's a real talent you're wasting, Sugar Shorts. You could be famous if you rode with me. Why the hell are you committing suicide?"

"My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl."

It's still unclear whether she/he jumped or was pushed.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 02:42:22 AM
6 Man O' War Puro Authentico Maduro Corona
         10/34.99
 5 My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto
          5/25.00
 4 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 3 Diesel Delirium
         5/29.50
 2 Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Toro
          10/37.50
 1 Montecristo Churchill
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 04:15:00 AM
7 Xikar Defiance torpedo
          5/18.50
 6 Man O' War Puro Authentico Maduro Corona
         10/34.99
 5 My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto
          5/25.00
 4 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 3 Diesel Delirium
         5/29.50
 2 Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Toro
          10/37.50
 1 Montecristo Churchill
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 29, 2014, 05:28:17 AM
Good Morning Chip.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 05:28:51 AM
8 Nub Habano 358
         10/37.50
 7 Xikar Defiance torpedo
          5/18.50
 6 Man O' War Puro Authentico Maduro Corona
         10/34.99
 5 My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto
          5/25.00
 4 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 3 Diesel Delirium
         5/29.50
 2 Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Toro
          10/37.50
 1 Montecristo Churchill
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 05:29:09 AM
Good Morning Chip.
Good morning Sir!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 05:29:29 AM
Good Morning Chip.
So far so good!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on September 29, 2014, 05:40:06 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 05:42:13 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
Good morning Dean, early start for you today.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 29, 2014, 05:42:47 AM
Good Morning Chip.
So far so good!
Yep
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 29, 2014, 05:43:21 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
Morning Florida Dean.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 29, 2014, 05:58:51 AM
Morning, all. Happy jammin'.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Fitzy on September 29, 2014, 06:06:26 AM
Good morning guys.  Nice warm Monday up here!  Flight later today for a short Richmond VA trip.  Happy Jammin'!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 06:17:06 AM
Morning, all. Happy jammin'.
Good morning Dave and Pat.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on September 29, 2014, 06:17:45 AM
Time for my workaference to start, have a great day guys.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 06:22:33 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave, Dean and Fitzy!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 06:33:11 AM
Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 06:44:07 AM
Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Well it's good to know I haven't been missing anything with the early shift, geez
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 06:44:23 AM
Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 06:45:25 AM
Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
Heck, even Dean is up already!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on September 29, 2014, 06:47:18 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
Good morning Dean, early start for you today.
yeah, trying to get back on my previous schedule. I miss my sunrises.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 06:48:25 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
Good morning Dean, early start for you today.
yeah, trying to get back on my previous schedule. I miss my sunrises.
What time is sunrise these days?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 06:48:45 AM
Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
Heck, even Dean is up already!
A little bit stuck on some Nubs it seems.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 06:49:23 AM
Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on September 29, 2014, 06:50:02 AM
morning Pat, Scott, Dave, Dave, and Dave.
I love Mondays but this one feels like another Saturday.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 06:51:19 AM
morning Pat, Scott, Dave, Dave, and Dave.
I love Mondays but this one feels like another Saturday.
Don't they all feel like Saturdays to you now Mr. Dean?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 06:52:03 AM
Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 06:55:16 AM
morning Pat, Scott, Dave, Dave, and Dave.
I love Mondays but this one feels like another Saturday.
Is that a bad thing?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Fitzy on September 29, 2014, 06:55:49 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 06:55:50 AM
Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I'm guessing fourstar will be slow in dragging himself in after drowning his sorrows in his Ryder cup after that crash and burn.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 06:56:12 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 06:57:47 AM
Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
There's just no need for such things
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Fitzy on September 29, 2014, 07:03:59 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 29, 2014, 07:14:40 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
Haha, I love how Chip just went right into his daily postings. Good stuff.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 07:14:55 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
It's not.  Unless you miss grade school.  Good morning, gents.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 07:16:37 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
Good morning Dean, early start for you today.
yeah, trying to get back on my previous schedule. I miss my sunrises.
What time is sunrise these days?
If you really need to know, for us it's: Sunrise: 6:53am Sunset: 6:46pm
For Deano: Sunrise: 7:23am Sunset: 7:20pm
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Fitzy on September 29, 2014, 07:16:45 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
It's not.  Unless you miss grade school.  Good morning, gents.
nope.  Enough of that stuff from "town" Facebook pages.  The admins of the page think they rub the world....
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 07:18:49 AM
 9 Sencillo Platinum Churchill
           5/22.50
 8 Nub Habano 358
         10/37.50
 7 Xikar Defiance torpedo
          5/18.50
 6 Man O' War Puro Authentico Maduro Corona
         10/34.99
 5 My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto
          5/25.00
 4 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 3 Diesel Delirium
         5/29.50
 2 Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Toro
          10/37.50
 1 Montecristo Churchill
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 07:19:01 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
It's not.  Unless you miss grade school.  Good morning, gents.
nope.  Enough of that stuff from "town" Facebook pages.  The admins of the page think they rub the world....
Good to see you, Pat.  Smoke anything memorable over the weekend?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 07:19:27 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
It's not.  Unless you miss grade school.  Good morning, gents.
nope.  Enough of that stuff from "town" Facebook pages.  The admins of the page think they rub the world....
Rub the world?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 07:19:47 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
Good morning Dean, early start for you today.
yeah, trying to get back on my previous schedule. I miss my sunrises.
What time is sunrise these days?
If you really need to know, for us it's: Sunrise: 6:53am Sunset: 6:46pm
For Deano: Sunrise: 7:23am Sunset: 7:20pm
That's good to know.  Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 07:20:44 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
Haha, I love how Chip just went right into his daily postings. Good stuff.
Exactly, ignore the bullshit and plow forward
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 07:20:50 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
It's not.  Unless you miss grade school.  Good morning, gents.
nope.  Enough of that stuff from "town" Facebook pages.  The admins of the page think they rub the world....
Rub the world?
I'm sure he meant run since the n is so close to the b.  But rubbing definitely sounds more fun.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 07:22:39 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
Haha, I love how Chip just went right into his daily postings. Good stuff.
Exactly, ignore the bullshit and plow forward
Hi Scott.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 07:25:23 AM
Had pretty much an EPC weekend....standards as well as Four Kicks and first try's of the La Historia and the 5th Anniversary.  Both very solid smokes and not ridiculously priced...especially at Atlantic.  La Historia is such a beautiful box and presentation, it's one you should keep for guests.  Open that thing up and they will think they're getting a $20 cigar.  (And it tastes great as well)

Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 07:26:01 AM
Anyhoo, I've got some real kids to tend to so behave while I'm gone.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Fitzy on September 29, 2014, 07:27:17 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
It's not.  Unless you miss grade school.  Good morning, gents.
nope.  Enough of that stuff from "town" Facebook pages.  The admins of the page think they rub the world....
Good to see you, Pat.  Smoke anything memorable over the weekend?
Nope...  Had some standbys-Partagas and a KHC core. Have a Partagas E with my name on it for tonight though!  Go Pats!!!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 07:27:21 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
It's not.  Unless you miss grade school.  Good morning, gents.
nope.  Enough of that stuff from "town" Facebook pages.  The admins of the page think they rub the world....
Rub the world?
I'm sure he meant run since the n is so close to the b.  But rubbing definitely sounds more fun.
It's an election year, ya never know what those politicians are willing to do.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 07:27:58 AM
Anyhoo, I've got some real kids to tend to so behave while I'm gone.
I bet they're easier.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Fitzy on September 29, 2014, 07:29:14 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
It's not.  Unless you miss grade school.  Good morning, gents.
nope.  Enough of that stuff from "town" Facebook pages.  The admins of the page think they rub the world....
Rub the world?
Rule...  Fat fingers/ autocorrect combo!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 29, 2014, 07:29:15 AM
Anyhoo, I've got some real kids to tend to so behave while I'm gone.
I bet they're easier.
It's about the same, except that you're EXPECTING them to act like kids.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 29, 2014, 07:29:36 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
It's not.  Unless you miss grade school.  Good morning, gents.
nope.  Enough of that stuff from "town" Facebook pages.  The admins of the page think they rub the world....
Rub the world?
Rule...  Fat fingers/ autocorrect combo!
I'm gonna stick with thinking you meant rub.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 07:30:19 AM
Just noticed the weekend offer....Did they redo the whole Legends label and packaging or is this a separate Oliva Legends?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 07:31:55 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
Haha, I love how Chip just went right into his daily postings. Good stuff.
Exactly, ignore the bullshit and plow forward
Hi Scott.
Hi Tony
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 29, 2014, 07:36:55 AM
Just noticed the weekend offer....Did they redo the whole Legends label and packaging or is this a separate Oliva Legends?
Looks like a re-banding to me.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 07:38:24 AM
Good morning Gents!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on September 29, 2014, 07:41:03 AM
good day for a road trip. still haven't found a local B&M to browse.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Fitzy on September 29, 2014, 07:42:49 AM

Good morning everybody! What's crackin'?
Just another exciting Monday.
I noticed some banter excitement from yesterday, sheesh. It only takes one
Yea, hopefully it's done with.
I thought we'd be done with excitement now that this page is here...  I'll have to go back and read yesterday's posts!
Just as well not.
gotcha...  Prob not worth my time anyways!
It's not.  Unless you miss grade school.  Good morning, gents.
nope.  Enough of that stuff from "town" Facebook pages.  The admins of the page think they rub the world....
Rub the world?
Rule...  Fat fingers/ autocorrect combo!
I'm gonna stick with thinking you meant rub.
You don't want these people rubbing anything on anyone... Trust me...
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 07:45:35 AM
I finally smoked the Sake Bomb on Saturday thanks to NJDave, we had a parking lot rendezvous on Saturday  :D. I liked it, I found it to be pretty typical of the La Bomba series but with a heavier concentration of power. I didn't find it to be the pepper-bomb as reviewed but you almost had to smoke it like a lancero, nice and slow or the power would obscure the flavors. It's a great size and it's powerful for sure. I also had an Intemperance BA XXI Envy which was fantastic, right up my alley. Very full, rich cigar and I enjoy the little perfecto shape, highly reccommend those
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 29, 2014, 07:50:52 AM
I finally smoked the Sake Bomb on Saturday thanks to NJDave, we had a parking lot rendezvous on Saturday  :D. I liked it, I found it to be pretty typical of the La Bomba series but with a heavier concentration of power. I didn't find it to be the pepper-bomb as reviewed but you almost had to smoke it like a lancero, nice and slow or the power would obscure the flavors. It's a great size and it's powerful for sure. I also had an Intemperance BA XXI Envy which was fantastic, right up my alley. Very full, rich cigar and I enjoy the little perfecto shape, highly reccommend those
Glad you guys were able to relieve some of that tension you'd been feeling meet up.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 07:58:03 AM
I finally smoked the Sake Bomb on Saturday thanks to NJDave, we had a parking lot rendezvous on Saturday  :D. I liked it, I found it to be pretty typical of the La Bomba series but with a heavier concentration of power. I didn't find it to be the pepper-bomb as reviewed but you almost had to smoke it like a lancero, nice and slow or the power would obscure the flavors. It's a great size and it's powerful for sure. I also had an Intemperance BA XXI Envy which was fantastic, right up my alley. Very full, rich cigar and I enjoy the little perfecto shape, highly reccommend those
Glad you guys were able to relieve some of that tension you'd been feeling meet up.
I guess saying that we met in a Chili's parking lot would not help the discussion, would it.....
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 29, 2014, 08:00:00 AM
I finally smoked the Sake Bomb on Saturday thanks to NJDave, we had a parking lot rendezvous on Saturday  :D. I liked it, I found it to be pretty typical of the La Bomba series but with a heavier concentration of power. I didn't find it to be the pepper-bomb as reviewed but you almost had to smoke it like a lancero, nice and slow or the power would obscure the flavors. It's a great size and it's powerful for sure. I also had an Intemperance BA XXI Envy which was fantastic, right up my alley. Very full, rich cigar and I enjoy the little perfecto shape, highly reccommend those
Glad you guys were able to relieve some of that tension you'd been feeling meet up.
I guess saying that we met in a Chili's parking lot would not help the discussion, would it.....
LALTS
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 08:00:51 AM
I finally smoked the Sake Bomb on Saturday thanks to NJDave, we had a parking lot rendezvous on Saturday  :D. I liked it, I found it to be pretty typical of the La Bomba series but with a heavier concentration of power. I didn't find it to be the pepper-bomb as reviewed but you almost had to smoke it like a lancero, nice and slow or the power would obscure the flavors. It's a great size and it's powerful for sure. I also had an Intemperance BA XXI Envy which was fantastic, right up my alley. Very full, rich cigar and I enjoy the little perfecto shape, highly reccommend those
Glad you guys were able to relieve some of that tension you'd been feeling meet up.
I guess saying that we met in a Chili's parking lot would not help the discussion, would it.....
Nope, nor would I gain any credibility saying I bought my son with me
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 08:12:49 AM
Anyhoo, I've got some real kids to tend to so behave while I'm gone.
I bet they're easier.
Not to mention I can still intimidate my kids.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 08:14:02 AM
I finally smoked the Sake Bomb on Saturday thanks to NJDave, we had a parking lot rendezvous on Saturday  :D. I liked it, I found it to be pretty typical of the La Bomba series but with a heavier concentration of power. I didn't find it to be the pepper-bomb as reviewed but you almost had to smoke it like a lancero, nice and slow or the power would obscure the flavors. It's a great size and it's powerful for sure. I also had an Intemperance BA XXI Envy which was fantastic, right up my alley. Very full, rich cigar and I enjoy the little perfecto shape, highly reccommend those
Glad you guys were able to relieve some of that tension you'd been feeling meet up.
I guess saying that we met in a Chili's parking lot would not help the discussion, would it.....
Nope, nor would I gain any credibility saying I bought my son with me
Who brought the shopping bag?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 08:21:49 AM
Is it 5pm yet?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: dogdays on September 29, 2014, 08:22:22 AM
Good morning to all.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 08:35:46 AM
Good morning to all.
Morning DD! Almost meeting time here
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 08:36:52 AM
Good morning to all.
Morning DD! Almost meeting time here
It's ALWAYS meeting time here.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: dogdays on September 29, 2014, 08:37:07 AM
Good morning to all.
Morning DD! Almost meeting time here
Howdy Shaun .
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 08:38:08 AM
10 Saint Luis Rey Serie G Maduro  #6 Gordo
          10/39.99
 9 Sencillo Platinum Churchill
           5/22.50
 8 Nub Habano 358
         10/37.50
 7 Xikar Defiance torpedo
          5/18.50
 6 Man O' War Puro Authentico Maduro Corona
         10/34.99
 5 My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto
          5/25.00
 4 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 3 Diesel Delirium
         5/29.50
 2 Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Toro
          10/37.50
 1 Montecristo Churchill
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 08:39:49 AM
Morning 2D and 4Star
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 08:40:35 AM
Morning 2D and 4Star
How goes it Dave?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Threebean on September 29, 2014, 08:42:17 AM
Morning gents.  Monday jam is the proper way to start the work week.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: dogdays on September 29, 2014, 08:42:56 AM
Morning 2D and 4Star
Hello Dave.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 08:47:44 AM
Anyhoo, I've got some real kids to tend to so behave while I'm gone.
I bet they're easier.
Not to mention I can still intimidate my kids.
That won't last long and paybacks are a bitch....so enjoy it while you can.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Threebean on September 29, 2014, 08:47:50 AM
Morning 2D and 4Star
dd is now 2D?  Mixing letters and numbers, that's heavy.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 08:48:45 AM
Anyhoo, I've got some real kids to tend to so behave while I'm gone.
I bet they're easier.
Not to mention I can still intimidate my kids.
That won't last long and paybacks are a bitch....so enjoy it while you can.
AP can too ;)
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 08:53:25 AM
Morning 2D and 4Star
How goes it Dave?
Not bad for a Monday morning although I can't be as excited about it as Dean.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 08:54:34 AM
Morning 2D and 4Star
dd is now 2D?  Mixing letters and numbers, that's heavy.
Like that?  I thought about it all weekend.
Morning Bean.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 08:56:26 AM
[...]
I asked at Bloomingdale's but they said some portly, bald Italian fellow from North Jersey cleaned them out of stock
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 29, 2014, 08:57:37 AM
Morning 2D and 4Star
dd is now 2D?  Mixing letters and numbers, that's heavy.
There's that word again, heavy.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 08:59:08 AM
Morning 2D and 4Star
How goes it Dave?
Ryder was a train wreck....
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 09:04:50 AM
11 Tatuaje La Casita Criolla Corona Gorda
            5/25.00
10 Saint Luis Rey Serie G Maduro  #6 Gordo
          10/39.99
 9 Sencillo Platinum Churchill
           5/22.50
 8 Nub Habano 358
         10/37.50
 7 Xikar Defiance torpedo
          5/18.50
 6 Man O' War Puro Authentico Maduro Corona
         10/34.99
 5 My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto
          5/25.00
 4 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 3 Diesel Delirium
         5/29.50
 2 Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Toro
          10/37.50
 1 Montecristo Churchill
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 09:14:21 AM
[...]
Really had to stretch for that one bud!  Shake the rust off, hope you are ready by tomorrow.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 09:18:13 AM
[...]
You really don't need to worry about that
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 09:21:04 AM
[...]
You can never take it for granted.  I thought the Saints, Eagles and Panthers would be ready to go yesterday too....
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 09:22:43 AM
[...]
So did the "so called" experts, add the Bears to that list
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 09:31:50 AM
12 Rocky Patel Fusion Toro
          10/37.50
11 Tatuaje La Casita Criolla Corona Gorda
            5/25.00
10 Saint Luis Rey Serie G Maduro  #6 Gordo
          10/39.99
 9 Sencillo Platinum Churchill
           5/22.50
 8 Nub Habano 358
         10/37.50
 7 Xikar Defiance torpedo
          5/18.50
 6 Man O' War Puro Authentico Maduro Corona
         10/34.99
 5 My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto
          5/25.00
 4 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 3 Diesel Delirium
         5/29.50
 2 Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Toro
          10/37.50
 1 Montecristo Churchill
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 10:02:36 AM
I guess everyone's busy jamin'?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 10:03:11 AM
I guess everyone's busy jamin'?
Meetings over until 10am...let's banter gents!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:09:07 AM
I guess everyone's busy jamin'?
Must be the allure of the Rocky's....
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:12:06 AM
Get yourself I box of them eyetalian cigars on weekly special Antnee?
They are actually pretty decent (tried the Special Selection '05 and '06, unfortunately '05 not available on this but about the same price on the site) Dos Campeones is also nice.  Haven't had the others.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:13:40 AM
13 Ramon Bueso Genesis the Project Toro
          10/32.50
12 Rocky Patel Fusion Toro
          10/37.50
11 Tatuaje La Casita Criolla Corona Gorda
            5/25.00
10 Saint Luis Rey Serie G Maduro  #6 Gordo
          10/39.99
 9 Sencillo Platinum Churchill
           5/22.50
 8 Nub Habano 358
         10/37.50
 7 Xikar Defiance torpedo
          5/18.50
 6 Man O' War Puro Authentico Maduro Corona
         10/34.99
 5 My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto
          5/25.00
 4 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 3 Diesel Delirium
         5/29.50
 2 Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Toro
          10/37.50
 1 Montecristo Churchill
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:14:36 AM
I guess everyone's busy jamin'?
Meetings over until 10am...let's banter gents!
OK.....I'm waiting four star.....
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 10:16:02 AM
I guess everyone's busy jamin'?
Meetings over until 10am...let's banter gents!
OK.....I'm waiting four star.....
Tomorrow should be a nice day for cigars...Tat Blacks, TAA 14s, and Cigar Oasis Magna!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 10:19:50 AM
Get yourself I box of them eyetalian cigars on weekly special Antnee?
They are actually pretty decent (tried the Special Selection '05 and '06, unfortunately '05 not available on this but about the same price on the site) Dos Campeones is also nice.  Haven't had the others.
I'm afraid to look.  Really can't buy anything right now.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:20:05 AM
I guess everyone's busy jamin'?
Meetings over until 10am...let's banter gents!
OK.....I'm waiting four star.....
Tomorrow should be a nice day for cigars...Tat Blacks, TAA 14s, and Cigar Oasis Magna!
What's the occasion?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 10:21:27 AM
I guess everyone's busy jamin'?
Meetings over until 10am...let's banter gents!
OK.....I'm waiting four star.....
Tomorrow should be a nice day for cigars...Tat Blacks, TAA 14s, and Cigar Oasis Magna!
What's the occasion?
Everyone apparently ships to me and it arrives on Tuesday :)  Nothing special: sale on tat blacks, limited availability on TAA 14s, and needed the oasis.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 10:26:46 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 10:28:34 AM
I guess everyone's busy jamin'?
Meetings over until 10am...let's banter gents!
OK.....I'm waiting four star.....
Tomorrow should be a nice day for cigars...Tat Blacks, TAA 14s, and Cigar Oasis Magna!
What's the occasion?
Everyone apparently ships to me and it arrives on Tuesday :)  Nothing special: sale on tat blacks, limited availability on TAA 14s, and needed the oasis.
Where did you buy the TAAs? Morning Shaun
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 10:31:04 AM
I guess everyone's busy jamin'?
Meetings over until 10am...let's banter gents!
OK.....I'm waiting four star.....
Tomorrow should be a nice day for cigars...Tat Blacks, TAA 14s, and Cigar Oasis Magna!
What's the occasion?
Everyone apparently ships to me and it arrives on Tuesday :)  Nothing special: sale on tat blacks, limited availability on TAA 14s, and needed the oasis.
Where did you buy the TAAs? Morning Shaun
Morning Scott! Emerson's, $198...hadn't bought from them, but I wanted someone with USPS Priority as a free option(no one else, UPS or FedEx get here within 7 days)
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:31:12 AM
I guess everyone's busy jamin'?
Meetings over until 10am...let's banter gents!
OK.....I'm waiting four star.....
Tomorrow should be a nice day for cigars...Tat Blacks, TAA 14s, and Cigar Oasis Magna!
What's the occasion?
Everyone apparently ships to me and it arrives on Tuesday :)  Nothing special: sale on tat blacks, limited availability on TAA 14s, and needed the oasis.
So you talking about a incoming sample OTT smoke or simply receiving them and tucking them away in the catacombs?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 10:31:55 AM
I guess everyone's busy jamin'?
Meetings over until 10am...let's banter gents!
OK.....I'm waiting four star.....
Tomorrow should be a nice day for cigars...Tat Blacks, TAA 14s, and Cigar Oasis Magna!
What's the occasion?
Everyone apparently ships to me and it arrives on Tuesday :)  Nothing special: sale on tat blacks, limited availability on TAA 14s, and needed the oasis.
So you talking about a incoming sample OTT smoke or simply receiving them and tucking them away in the catacombs?
Both will be catacombs...Tat blacks for sure...14s I will probably want to smoke in a few months-maybe when spring hits.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 10:33:34 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
I did something I stopped doing years ago... I read the copy.  It is new and I'm intrigued.  Never smoked an MB3 either and I've heard comments from, they suck and aren't worth the price to they are hands down Oliva's best stick.  For a buck each, I'd definitely try them.  But did I mention I wasn't buying anything right now?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:36:42 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
You may be right....AJF and EPC are the newer ones....this appears to be the first from Oliva....looks a little bit funny with a label different from all the others.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 10:36:48 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
I did something I stopped doing years ago... I read the copy.  It is new and I'm intrigued.  Never smoked an MB3 either and I've heard comments from, they suck and aren't worth the price to they are hands down Oliva's best stick.  For a buck each, I'd definitely try them.  But did I mention I wasn't buying anything right now?
Cubanesque?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:38:54 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
I did something I stopped doing years ago... I read the copy.  It is new and I'm intrigued.  Never smoked an MB3 either and I've heard comments from, they suck and aren't worth the price to they are hands down Oliva's best stick.  For a buck each, I'd definitely try them.  But did I mention I wasn't buying anything right now?
I'm not a particular fan of Oliva (good smokes, very good construction), just never caught my fancy.  MB3s are the exception to that.  Very flavorful cigar.  They've been discounted a lot lately, get the feeling they are working to close out the line.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 10:39:10 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
I did something I stopped doing years ago... I read the copy.  It is new and I'm intrigued.  Never smoked an MB3 either and I've heard comments from, they suck and aren't worth the price to they are hands down Oliva's best stick.  For a buck each, I'd definitely try them.  But did I mention I wasn't buying anything right now?
Oooooh, and there is an EPC Legends now too.  Only two memorable ones for me were the Pepin and Perdomo.  I've heard the copper Drew Estates was decent too, but that's not my thing.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:40:26 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
I did something I stopped doing years ago... I read the copy.  It is new and I'm intrigued.  Never smoked an MB3 either and I've heard comments from, they suck and aren't worth the price to they are hands down Oliva's best stick.  For a buck each, I'd definitely try them.  But did I mention I wasn't buying anything right now?
Cubanesque?  Goes without saying.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 10:40:30 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
I did something I stopped doing years ago... I read the copy.  It is new and I'm intrigued.  Never smoked an MB3 either and I've heard comments from, they suck and aren't worth the price to they are hands down Oliva's best stick.  For a buck each, I'd definitely try them.  But did I mention I wasn't buying anything right now?
Oooooh, and there is an EPC Legends now too.  Only two memorable ones for me were the Pepin and Perdomo.  I've heard the copper Drew Estates was decent too, but that's not my thing.
Coppers are solid for the noobies who need a little sweetness and don't piss off the rest of the 'normal' cigar smokers, like a Kuba Kuba or other ACID would. The DPG one was ok, the Greycliff was ok, can't remember if I have had any of the others.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 10:41:14 AM
Morning, Folks. Great weekend except for a couple sports fiasco's. I've learned to just filter that bs out. Not going to ruin a perfectly fine weekend just cause the team lost... who the fuck am I kidding. It still stings a bit. HAha
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 10:42:00 AM
Morning, Folks. Great weekend except for a couple sports fiasco's. I've learned to just filter that bs out. Not going to ruin a perfectly fine weekend just cause the team lost... who the fuck am I kidding. It still stings a bit. HAha
Haha, true dat.  Good mornin!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 10:42:57 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
I did something I stopped doing years ago... I read the copy.  It is new and I'm intrigued.  Never smoked an MB3 either and I've heard comments from, they suck and aren't worth the price to they are hands down Oliva's best stick.  For a buck each, I'd definitely try them.  But did I mention I wasn't buying anything right now?
Cubanesque?  Goes without saying.
Can someone link me?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:43:36 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
I did something I stopped doing years ago... I read the copy.  It is new and I'm intrigued.  Never smoked an MB3 either and I've heard comments from, they suck and aren't worth the price to they are hands down Oliva's best stick.  For a buck each, I'd definitely try them.  But did I mention I wasn't buying anything right now?
But Antnee......

"An insane 69% savings is at hand, scoop up top-notch Oliva handmades for as little as $2.33 apiece. Don’t be left standing in the cold, friend. Give in to the warm embrace of Oliva’s latest and greatest for song."

"...the Master Blends III cigar (MB3) is very limited in quantities and designed to cater the distinguished palate. MB3 is constructed with a luscious sungrown broadleaf wrapper leaf and a Nicaraguan blend of Habano-seed, ligero tobaccos. The result is a beautiful, dark brown cigar that's bursting with complex, balanced flavor that satisfies the palate with a rich, bold, full-bodied finish."

"I guarantee you’ll love it. If not, give us a call, and we’ll make it right. Either way, you’re in a win-win situation to procuring delicious Oliva cigars for a measly sum. "

-CI
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 10:44:57 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
You may be right....AJF and EPC are the newer ones....this appears to be the first from Oliva....looks a little bit funny with a label different from all the others.
I'm half considering, http://www.cigarsinternational.com/search/?q=CI+Legends+Introductory+Taster

But I'm not buying right now.  Sheesh
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 10:46:31 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
I did something I stopped doing years ago... I read the copy.  It is new and I'm intrigued.  Never smoked an MB3 either and I've heard comments from, they suck and aren't worth the price to they are hands down Oliva's best stick.  For a buck each, I'd definitely try them.  But did I mention I wasn't buying anything right now?
Cubanesque?  Goes without saying.
Can someone link me?
To humans?  Sorry, can't be done.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:47:58 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
I did something I stopped doing years ago... I read the copy.  It is new and I'm intrigued.  Never smoked an MB3 either and I've heard comments from, they suck and aren't worth the price to they are hands down Oliva's best stick.  For a buck each, I'd definitely try them.  But did I mention I wasn't buying anything right now?
Cubanesque?  Goes without saying.
Can someone link me?
CI Weekend Spotlight.  Better hurry, Monday special will soon replace it.
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/specials/weekend-spotlight/
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 10:48:32 AM
Had a few different beers, some inspired by conversations last week. Left Hand Wake up Dead... the 22oz bomber, not the nitro 4pk version. Which left me wanting the nitro. It was good but a little more bitter than I recall. Also, to keep the theme, Left Hand Octoberfest. Ehh. It was okay. not really my style of Octoberfest. And finally the Sam Adams Octoberfest. Liked these quite a bit. Would definitely buy again.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 10:48:42 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
You may be right....AJF and EPC are the newer ones....this appears to be the first from Oliva....looks a little bit funny with a label different from all the others.
I'm half considering, http://www.cigarsinternational.com/search/?q=CI+Legends+Introductory+Taster

But I'm not buying right now.  Sheesh
Thanks Uncle T!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 10:48:47 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
I did something I stopped doing years ago... I read the copy.  It is new and I'm intrigued.  Never smoked an MB3 either and I've heard comments from, they suck and aren't worth the price to they are hands down Oliva's best stick.  For a buck each, I'd definitely try them.  But did I mention I wasn't buying anything right now?
I'm not a particular fan of Oliva (good smokes, very good construction), just never caught my fancy.  MB3s are the exception to that.  Very flavorful cigar.  They've been discounted a lot lately, get the feeling they are working to close out the line.
I agree about Oliva, seem to be in the minority but my exception is the Melanio, I really like those
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 10:49:28 AM
Had a few different beers, some inspired by conversations last week. Left Hand Wake up Dead... the 22oz bomber, not the nitro 4pk version. Which left me wanting the nitro. It was good but a little more bitter than I recall. Also, to keep the theme, Left Hand Octoberfest. Ehh. It was okay. not really my style of Octoberfest. And finally the Sam Adams Octoberfest. Liked these quite a bit. Would definitely buy again.
I had the Leinies Octoberfest...better than anticipated.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 10:50:05 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
I did something I stopped doing years ago... I read the copy.  It is new and I'm intrigued.  Never smoked an MB3 either and I've heard comments from, they suck and aren't worth the price to they are hands down Oliva's best stick.  For a buck each, I'd definitely try them.  But did I mention I wasn't buying anything right now?
I'm not a particular fan of Oliva (good smokes, very good construction), just never caught my fancy.  MB3s are the exception to that.  Very flavorful cigar.  They've been discounted a lot lately, get the feeling they are working to close out the line.
I agree about Oliva, seem to be in the minority but my exception is the Melanio, I really like those
I love the V, like the Meliano #4, and enjoy the MB3 and the O Maduro...the rest are ok.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:51:13 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
I did something I stopped doing years ago... I read the copy.  It is new and I'm intrigued.  Never smoked an MB3 either and I've heard comments from, they suck and aren't worth the price to they are hands down Oliva's best stick.  For a buck each, I'd definitely try them.  But did I mention I wasn't buying anything right now?
Cubanesque?  Goes without saying.
Can someone link me?
To humans?  Sorry, can't be done.
Four star site access doesn't allow for linking, does it?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 10:51:20 AM
I know you were all taking about the CI Legends earlier...  Oliva wasn't previously an offering, was it?  I thought the olive colored band by AJF was their latest one.
You may be right....AJF and EPC are the newer ones....this appears to be the first from Oliva....looks a little bit funny with a label different from all the others.
I'm half considering, http://www.cigarsinternational.com/search/?q=CI+Legends+Introductory+Taster

But I'm not buying right now.  Sheesh

I'm not buying either... which is always a challenging statement. I have a short list if a great buy on a certain cigar comes up. Other than that, the enabling will need to be top notch.  ;)
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 10:51:23 AM
Had a few different beers, some inspired by conversations last week. Left Hand Wake up Dead... the 22oz bomber, not the nitro 4pk version. Which left me wanting the nitro. It was good but a little more bitter than I recall. Also, to keep the theme, Left Hand Octoberfest. Ehh. It was okay. not really my style of Octoberfest. And finally the Sam Adams Octoberfest. Liked these quite a bit. Would definitely buy again.
Hey Steve, I also had the Wake Up Dead and thought it was a solid Imperial Stout, nothing crazy about it but I would buy it again. Never had the Nitro, also a good IPA from Long Trail, Limbo IPA
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 10:52:43 AM
Had a few different beers, some inspired by conversations last week. Left Hand Wake up Dead... the 22oz bomber, not the nitro 4pk version. Which left me wanting the nitro. It was good but a little more bitter than I recall. Also, to keep the theme, Left Hand Octoberfest. Ehh. It was okay. not really my style of Octoberfest. And finally the Sam Adams Octoberfest. Liked these quite a bit. Would definitely buy again.
Hey Steve, I also had the Wake Up Dead and thought it was a solid Imperial Stout, nothing crazy about it but I would buy it again. Never had the Nitro, also a good IPA from Long Trail, Limbo IPA
The LH-Nitro Milk Stout is pretty fuckin tasty.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 11:00:38 AM
Had a few different beers, some inspired by conversations last week. Left Hand Wake up Dead... the 22oz bomber, not the nitro 4pk version. Which left me wanting the nitro. It was good but a little more bitter than I recall. Also, to keep the theme, Left Hand Octoberfest. Ehh. It was okay. not really my style of Octoberfest. And finally the Sam Adams Octoberfest. Liked these quite a bit. Would definitely buy again.
Hey Steve, I also had the Wake Up Dead and thought it was a solid Imperial Stout, nothing crazy about it but I would buy it again. Never had the Nitro, also a good IPA from Long Trail, Limbo IPA
The LH-Nitro Milk Stout is pretty fuckin tasty.
I enjoyed one over the weekend and may have just one left (no pun intended).
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 11:01:54 AM
Had a few different beers, some inspired by conversations last week. Left Hand Wake up Dead... the 22oz bomber, not the nitro 4pk version. Which left me wanting the nitro. It was good but a little more bitter than I recall. Also, to keep the theme, Left Hand Octoberfest. Ehh. It was okay. not really my style of Octoberfest. And finally the Sam Adams Octoberfest. Liked these quite a bit. Would definitely buy again.
Hey Steve, I also had the Wake Up Dead and thought it was a solid Imperial Stout, nothing crazy about it but I would buy it again. Never had the Nitro, also a good IPA from Long Trail, Limbo IPA
The LH-Nitro Milk Stout is pretty fuckin tasty.

I agree. I think it enhances the regular version, which I think is very good on it's own. That's why I'm going to try the nitro version of the Wake up Dead. See if it does the same for the Imperial.

One other I picked up that I didn't get to try yet was a Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout. Looked like limited release, and it was on sale. Only a 4pk, so figure I'd give it a go. Thought I recalled some conversation on this brewery some time ago. Seems to have some good numbers...

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/45/680/
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 11:09:49 AM
[...]

Good numbers, indeed.  I'll have to be on the lookout for it.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 11:12:40 AM
14 L'Atelier Surrogates Bone Crusher
            5/29.50
[...]
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 11:12:40 AM
Had a few different beers, some inspired by conversations last week. Left Hand Wake up Dead... the 22oz bomber, not the nitro 4pk version. Which left me wanting the nitro. It was good but a little more bitter than I recall. Also, to keep the theme, Left Hand Octoberfest. Ehh. It was okay. not really my style of Octoberfest. And finally the Sam Adams Octoberfest. Liked these quite a bit. Would definitely buy again.
Hey Steve, I also had the Wake Up Dead and thought it was a solid Imperial Stout, nothing crazy about it but I would buy it again. Never had the Nitro, also a good IPA from Long Trail, Limbo IPA

Hey there, Scott. Big calender day coming up.  ;)
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 11:17:02 AM
Had a few different beers, some inspired by conversations last week. Left Hand Wake up Dead... the 22oz bomber, not the nitro 4pk version. Which left me wanting the nitro. It was good but a little more bitter than I recall. Also, to keep the theme, Left Hand Octoberfest. Ehh. It was okay. not really my style of Octoberfest. And finally the Sam Adams Octoberfest. Liked these quite a bit. Would definitely buy again.
Hey Steve, I also had the Wake Up Dead and thought it was a solid Imperial Stout, nothing crazy about it but I would buy it again. Never had the Nitro, also a good IPA from Long Trail, Limbo IPA

Hey there, Scott. Big calender day coming up.  ;)
Indeed, big #47. Before that however I have my 20 year Wedding Anniversary on Oct 1 so a pretty notable week. Going to see Jersey Boys in NYC on Saturday and spend the night in the city, staying at the Hyatt Times Square
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 11:20:14 AM
[...]

+1
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 11:21:43 AM
[...]

Wow! 20 years. Congratulations! You should feel glad she's put up with you for that long. j/k Sounds like ya'll have a nice weekend planned.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 11:26:38 AM
[...]

Your birthday too, Dave?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 11:27:20 AM
[...]

Sounds like a good night with the Joizy Crew!  Congrats on the anniversary and birthday!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 11:33:03 AM
[...]

No, he didn't invite me....just him and the little lady.....go figure.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 11:36:03 AM
[...]

I thought he was your lady?  I'm all sorts of mixed up! ;)
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 29, 2014, 11:36:32 AM
[...]

You'll always have the Chili's parking lot.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 11:39:36 AM
[...]

Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 11:42:39 AM
[...]

Yea, but the Chili's in Manhattan is so much nicer.

(actually there isn't one in Manhattan, but why ruin the joke?}
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 11:45:16 AM
[...]

Ha! Indeed, together 5 years before we got married so it's been quite awhile. No wonder I seek out meetings at Chili's
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 11:46:17 AM
[...]

CNS
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 11:47:15 AM
[...]

My wife and I will have 10 years together on Oct 3rd, 2 years married on the 12th.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 11:54:59 AM
[...]

You strung her along for 8 years, Yella?
The conversation about "you ever going to make up your mind", and/or "you ever gonna quit buying cigars and buy me a ring?" had to come up on more than one occasion.  ;)
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 11:55:44 AM
[...]

You're one of the Jersey boys he's spending the night with at the Hyatt?  I'm confused by your plus one.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 11:57:14 AM
15 5 Vegas Hex Press Toro Sampler
           15/34.50
[...]
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 11:59:05 AM
[...]

Good thing she's not awarding him stars.....wouldn't be four of them for sure, but yellow would probably be the color of choice.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 29, 2014, 12:00:13 PM
[...]

I'd guess brown, but that's just me.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 12:01:08 PM
[...]

Just congratulating the boy on his planned event.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 12:02:21 PM
Out for a lunchtime walk and cigar, BBL.  Looks like a San Miguel today.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 12:05:52 PM
[...]

Haha, ohh it did.  We started dating my Jr year of HS and told her I wouldn't propose to her while I was in college, so that bought me 6 years until I graduated-I proposed to her when she had 1 semester left and I was 9months into the 'real world'  ;D
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 12:12:01 PM
[...]

That seems like a solid diversion. Different times. I would suggest against most marriages while still finding out who you are. HS is definitely too early for some that I've seen. The 9 months, on the other hand, is still a pretty common reason though.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 12:29:05 PM
There goes Jesus' CAO
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 12:37:42 PM
There goes Jesus' CAO
Holy cigar, Batman!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: ss2 on September 29, 2014, 12:40:54 PM
actually going to try some of them.  my one $7.00 stick buy this year.  good day all!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 12:41:57 PM
There goes Jesus' CAO
Holy cigar, Batman!

"Sure to lift the spirit"

Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 12:46:07 PM
actually going to try some of them.  my one $7.00 stick buy this year.  good day all!

Howdy, Sam. Probably a decent smoke. I like the regular Brazilia pretty well... if that's even comparable.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 12:56:46 PM
actually going to try some of them.  my one $7.00 stick buy this year.  good day all!
Gonna go for the gold there Sam?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 01:01:46 PM
actually going to try some of them.  my one $7.00 stick buy this year.  good day all!

Howdy, Sam. Probably a decent smoke. I like the regular Brazilia pretty well... if that's even comparable.
Doesn't read like they are.  Like me a good multi-country blend.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 01:09:05 PM
17 Nica Libre Toro
           10/24.50
16 CAO Brazilia Amazon Basin Toro
            5/31.00
[...]
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 01:10:14 PM
actually going to try some of them.  my one $7.00 stick buy this year.  good day all!
Howdy Sam.  Don't forget to report back after you've smoked one.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 01:11:57 PM
Out for a lunchtime walk and cigar, BBL.  Looks like a San Miguel today.
Welcome back.  How was it?  Gorgeous day out there, wish I had don't the same.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 01:12:17 PM
Fonseca Ammonia's for the One Day Deal.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 01:13:55 PM
Fonseca Ammonia's for the One Day Deal.
I saw that too.  Not a big Fonseca guy myself although I do enjoy other Quesadas.  I like quesadillas more.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: ss2 on September 29, 2014, 01:14:54 PM
actually going to try some of them.  my one $7.00 stick buy this year.  good day all!

Howdy, Sam. Probably a decent smoke. I like the regular Brazilia pretty well... if that's even comparable.
Based on the description it looks completely different.  looked worth a try.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 01:16:05 PM
Out for a lunchtime walk and cigar, BBL.  Looks like a San Miguel today.
Welcome back.  How was it?  Gorgeous day out there, wish I had don't the same.
Always nice to get out and stretch the legs.  Little bit on the humid side for me still, looking forward to a bit cooler, but not bad at all.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: ss2 on September 29, 2014, 01:17:17 PM
actually going to try some of them.  my one $7.00 stick buy this year.  good day all!
Howdy Sam.  Don't forget to report back after you've smoked one.
Hi Tony!  Will definitley give my thoughts.  Afraid I don't have the palette for the "baked bread" and "Coco"flavors, but i can differentiate between different taste changes in a cigar.   Also know what I like and don't like.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 01:17:24 PM
And now I'm off to another meeting.  Be back in a jiffy.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 01:17:55 PM
[...]

It's weird tho...we knew almost instantly that it was gonna work out well.  Love her family, she loves mine, smarter than I am, etc :)
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Threebean on September 29, 2014, 01:19:40 PM
Afternoon boys.  Conference call time. One thing I already know, way too many people in this meeting.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 01:20:18 PM
[...]

Well, that last part isn't much of a reach.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 01:20:26 PM
Afternoon boys.  Conference call time. One thing I already know, way too many people in this meeting.
Love meetings like that...bring your phone and prepare to not pay attention!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: ss2 on September 29, 2014, 01:20:37 PM
actually going to try some of them.  my one $7.00 stick buy this year.  good day all!
Gonna go for the gold there Sam?
Hi CB!  Yep,  decided to be the Guinea pig on this one.  haven't "heard" of anyone trying these yet and was going to buy a 5 pk last jamb, but they were up for about 3 min then gone, and I'm not that fast...
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 01:20:58 PM
actually going to try some of them.  my one $7.00 stick buy this year.  good day all!

Howdy, Sam. Probably a decent smoke. I like the regular Brazilia pretty well... if that's even comparable.
Based on the description it looks completely different.  looked worth a try.

Yeah. The biggest thing I gathered from the copy is that they go to great lengths for this remote leaf. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this crown of thorns looking stick.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 01:23:23 PM
Afternoon boys.  Conference call time. One thing I already know, way too many people in this meeting.
Consensus!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on September 29, 2014, 01:24:28 PM
[...]

Really. It's not even Tuesday and he's floating softballs like that.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 01:25:13 PM
actually going to try some of them.  my one $7.00 stick buy this year.  good day all!
Gonna go for the gold there Sam?
Hi CB!  Yep,  decided to be the Guinea pig on this one.  haven't "heard" of anyone trying these yet and was going to buy a 5 pk last jamb, but they were up for about 3 min then gone, and I'm not that fast...
Always interesting to take a flier on something totally different.
I'm not a CAO person, but interested enough to check out some of the Foundry Elements.  Some interesting some ehh...
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 01:26:15 PM
[...]

For sure.  Any day but a Monday and it would have been put over the fence.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Threebean on September 29, 2014, 01:27:17 PM
Afternoon boys.  Conference call time. One thing I already know, way too many people in this meeting.
Consensus!
And a lot of these guys are from New Jersey, so I have that accent to deal with, too. Sheesh!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 01:29:04 PM
[...]

Just testing everyone's nerve before the big day tomorrow!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 01:30:44 PM
actually going to try some of them.  my one $7.00 stick buy this year.  good day all!
Howdy Sam.  Don't forget to report back after you've smoked one.
Hi Tony!  Will definitley give my thoughts.  Afraid I don't have the palette for the "baked bread" and "Coco"flavors, but i can differentiate between different taste changes in a cigar.   Also know what I like and don't like.
That's as sophisticated as I'd like.  Anything more you'll prove to everyone how full of shit you are.  Woohoo, meeting wrapped up early!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 01:31:29 PM
Afternoon boys.  Conference call time. One thing I already know, way too many people in this meeting.
Consensus!
And a lot of these guys are from New Jersey, so I have that accent to deal with, too. Sheesh!
I'll apologize in advance.  So when are you coming out for a live meeting?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 01:31:44 PM
Out for a lunchtime walk and cigar, BBL.  Looks like a San Miguel today.
Welcome back.  How was it?  Gorgeous day out there, wish I had don't the same.
Tony gots a case of the had don'ts. Pretty sure there's an ointment for that.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 01:33:48 PM
18 601 Serie La Bomba Warhead LE Toro
            5/32.50
[...]
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 01:34:20 PM

... but they were up for about 3 min then gone, and I'm not that fast...
That's not what you're profile says.

Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 01:36:50 PM
Out for a lunchtime walk and cigar, BBL.  Looks like a San Miguel today.
Welcome back.  How was it?  Gorgeous day out there, wish I had don't the same.
Tony gots a case of the had don'ts. Pretty sure there's an ointment for that.
Oh damn.  Didn't even notice that one.  Oops.  I'm gonna give you editor privileges, Mikey.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 01:38:16 PM
Where's littlefish at?, his La Bomba's are up...
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Threebean on September 29, 2014, 01:46:36 PM
Afternoon boys.  Conference call time. One thing I already know, way too many people in this meeting.
Consensus!
And a lot of these guys are from New Jersey, so I have that accent to deal with, too. Sheesh!
I'll apologize in advance.  So when are you coming out for a live meeting?
Not sure, probably sooner than later.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 01:51:44 PM
These Warheads have appeared in most every Jam and been received well.  Must have hit the satiation point.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on September 29, 2014, 02:05:46 PM
just back from a noon meeting. landlady showed up this morning so I paid another month's rent and last month's electric. my electric bill for September came to $10.82 and that included the clubhouse fee of $2.50.

Oliva V torp on deck as soon as I finish a popscicle.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Fitzy on September 29, 2014, 02:08:18 PM
Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 02:09:50 PM
Where's littlefish at?, his La Bomba's are up...
After smoking several I've come to the conclusion that I like the regular wrapper better, this one is still good but I think the reg has better flavor
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 02:18:13 PM
Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear it.  Better luck next time.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 02:19:28 PM
Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 02:20:07 PM
Where's littlefish at?, his La Bomba's are up...
After smoking several I've come to the conclusion that I like the regular wrapper better, this one is still good but I think the reg has better flavor
So maybe you need to change your AVI...or you just think that looks cool?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Fitzy on September 29, 2014, 02:20:51 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 02:21:52 PM
Where's littlefish at?, his La Bomba's are up...
After smoking several I've come to the conclusion that I like the regular wrapper better, this one is still good but I think the reg has better flavor
Apparently others agree with you....not much movement here.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 02:22:05 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Did they use a clean glove?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 02:23:56 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Hopefully you're circumcised...
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: sfish on September 29, 2014, 02:26:25 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Did they use a clean glove?
Geez, sounds like a Rusty Trombone
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Fitzy on September 29, 2014, 02:30:54 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Did they use a clean glove?
Geez, sounds like a Rusty Trombone
A rusty something alright...
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 02:31:39 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Did they use a clean glove?
Geez, sounds like a Rusty Trombone
This escalated quickly!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 02:32:32 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Did they use a clean glove?
Geez, sounds like a Rusty Trombone
That's two weeks in a row you bring this up.  STOP!!!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Fitzy on September 29, 2014, 02:35:55 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Did they use a clean glove?
Geez, sounds like a Rusty Trombone
That's two weeks in a row you bring this up.  STOP!!!
Would we expect anything less???
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 02:40:06 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Did they use a clean glove?
Geez, sounds like a Rusty Trombone
That's two weeks in a row you bring this up.  STOP!!!
Would we expect anything less???
Not in a Tuesday.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Fitzy on September 29, 2014, 02:40:57 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Did they use a clean glove?
Geez, sounds like a Rusty Trombone
That's two weeks in a row you bring this up.  STOP!!!
Would we expect anything less???
Not in a Tuesday.
But it's Monday....
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 02:46:10 PM
19 5 Vegas Cask Strength Toro
          10/29.50
[...]
Post by: Threebean on September 29, 2014, 02:47:27 PM
1.5 hrs on this f'n call now.  Why can't they cover my schitt and let me go instead of bouncing around.  FML.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 02:48:17 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Did they use a clean glove?
Geez, sounds like a Rusty Trombone
That's two weeks in a row you bring this up.  STOP!!!
Better him dreaming about a rusty trombone than bragging about his piccolo
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 02:48:56 PM
1.5 hrs on this f'n call now.  Why can't they cover my schitt and let me go instead of bouncing around.  FML.
Why not be as direct with them as you are with us.  That will surely get things moving.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 02:51:54 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Did they use a clean glove?
Geez, sounds like a Rusty Trombone
That's two weeks in a row you bring this up.  STOP!!!
Better him dreaming about a rusty trombone than bragging about his piccolo
Just as long as we skip the details in both cases we will be fine
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 02:58:28 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Did they use a clean glove?
Geez, sounds like a Rusty Trombone
That's two weeks in a row you bring this up.  STOP!!!
Would we expect anything less???
I always expect less from Biebfish....and am rarely disappointed.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 02:59:27 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Did they use a clean glove?
Geez, sounds like a Rusty Trombone
That's two weeks in a row you bring this up.  STOP!!!
Ya gotta admit, the boy finds his favorite themes and sticks to them.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Threebean on September 29, 2014, 03:02:29 PM
1.5 hrs on this f'n call now.  Why can't they cover my schitt and let me go instead of bouncing around.  FML.
Why not be as direct with them as you are with us.  That will surely get things moving.
Yeah, that should work. I'll be a lot less likely to be there for a live meeting, but what the hell, it's only money.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 03:02:37 PM

Afternoon gents!  Anal-Probing free TSA experience...  Yea!
Sorry to hear that.  I've kinda come to enjoy my intimate TSA visits....even have some favorites at Newark.
Best story I have, I literally got strip searched leaving Tel Aviv in Israel.  Loads of fun...
Did they use a clean glove?
Geez, sounds like a Rusty Trombone
That's two weeks in a row you bring this up.  STOP!!!
Ya gotta admit, the boy finds his favorite themes and sticks to them.
I thought it was just rusty, now it's sticky too!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 03:06:45 PM
1.5 hrs on this f'n call now.  Why can't they cover my schitt and let me go instead of bouncing around.  FML.
Why not be as direct with them as you are with us.  That will surely get things moving.
Yeah, that should work. I'll be a lot less likely to be there for a live meeting, but what the hell, it's only money.
Exactly!  If you're right, who cares about the consequences?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 03:07:49 PM
I win our football pool if the Patriots win or if the KC Chiefs win and there are more than 50 total points scored...make sure to cheer for me tonight!  And then, no matter who wins tonight, but if they score over 46 combined I will win the Week1-4 cumulative!

GO YELLOWSTAR!  8)
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 03:08:43 PM
1.5 hrs on this f'n call now.  Why can't they cover my schitt and let me go instead of bouncing around.  FML.
Why not be as direct with them as you are with us.  That will surely get things moving.
Yeah, that should work. I'll be a lot less likely to be there for a live meeting, but what the hell, it's only money.
Exactly!  If you're right, who cares about the consequences?
By Dean's RV Park!  Banter Park!!!!!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Threebean on September 29, 2014, 03:15:43 PM
1.5 hrs on this f'n call now.  Why can't they cover my schitt and let me go instead of bouncing around.  FML.
Why not be as direct with them as you are with us.  That will surely get things moving.
Yeah, that should work. I'll be a lot less likely to be there for a live meeting, but what the hell, it's only money.
Exactly!  If you're right, who cares about the consequences?
30 years of marriage has taught me being right don't mean schitt.  Also true (thankfully to a lesser degree) in the business world.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 03:18:30 PM
1.5 hrs on this f'n call now.  Why can't they cover my schitt and let me go instead of bouncing around.  FML.
Why not be as direct with them as you are with us.  That will surely get things moving.
Yeah, that should work. I'll be a lot less likely to be there for a live meeting, but what the hell, it's only money.
Exactly!  If you're right, who cares about the consequences?
30 years of marriage has taught me being right don't mean schitt.  Also true (thankfully to a lesser degree) in the business world.
Exactly right.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: ss2 on September 29, 2014, 03:21:45 PM
1.5 hrs on this f'n call now.  Why can't they cover my schitt and let me go instead of bouncing around.  FML.
Why not be as direct with them as you are with us.  That will surely get things moving.
Yeah, that should work. I'll be a lot less likely to be there for a live meeting, but what the hell, it's only money.
Exactly!  If you're right, who cares about the consequences?
30 years of marriage has taught me being right don't mean schitt.
50% universal.  Only if it's you that's right does it not mean shit.  if you are wrong and the warden's right, then it means BIG shit!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Threebean on September 29, 2014, 03:27:15 PM
1.5 hrs on this f'n call now.  Why can't they cover my schitt and let me go instead of bouncing around.  FML.
Why not be as direct with them as you are with us.  That will surely get things moving.
Yeah, that should work. I'll be a lot less likely to be there for a live meeting, but what the hell, it's only money.
Exactly!  If you're right, who cares about the consequences?
30 years of marriage has taught me being right don't mean schitt.
50% universal.  Only if it's you that's right does it not mean shit.  if you are wrong and the warden's right, then it means BIG shit!
True, but I left off that last part since I'm never wrong  ::)
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 03:28:36 PM
I win our football pool if the Patriots win or if the KC Chiefs win and there are more than 50 total points scored...make sure to cheer for me tonight!  And then, no matter who wins tonight, but if they score over 46 combined I will win the Week1-4 cumulative!

GO YELLOWSTAR!  8)
I'm hoping for the 50 points, no offense.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 03:29:57 PM
I win our football pool if the Patriots win or if the KC Chiefs win and there are more than 50 total points scored...make sure to cheer for me tonight!  And then, no matter who wins tonight, but if they score over 46 combined I will win the Week1-4 cumulative!

GO YELLOWSTAR!  8)
I'm hoping for the 50 points, no offense.
50pts and a Pats win sounds good to me!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 03:30:47 PM
20 Liga Privada Papas Fritas Corona
            8/35.00
[...]
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 03:33:03 PM
PF's remind me....no JWacky today....resting up for tomorrow I guess.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 03:34:09 PM
PF's remind me....no JWacky today....resting up for tomorrow I guess.
Don't blame him...gotta be sharp on Tuesdays!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 03:37:25 PM
I win our football pool if the Patriots win or if the KC Chiefs win and there are more than 50 total points scored...make sure to cheer for me tonight!  And then, no matter who wins tonight, but if they score over 46 combined I will win the Week1-4 cumulative!

GO YELLOWSTAR!  8)
I'm hoping for the 50 points, no offense.
50pts and a Pats win sounds good to me!
That's not what I signed up for.  ;)
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Threebean on September 29, 2014, 03:47:11 PM
1.5 hrs on this f'n call now.  Why can't they cover my schitt and let me go instead of bouncing around.  FML.
Why not be as direct with them as you are with us.  That will surely get things moving.
Yeah, that should work. I'll be a lot less likely to be there for a live meeting, but what the hell, it's only money.
Exactly!  If you're right, who cares about the consequences?
OK, finally grew some balls and got off the call.  Gotta get some late lunch and then fire something up.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 03:55:34 PM
21 Romeo y Julieta Reserve Churchill
          10/34.99
[...]
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 04:10:27 PM
Looks like we hit the banter lull.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 04:14:32 PM
Looks like we hit the banter lull.
Got that 3:14 feelin!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: ss2 on September 29, 2014, 04:19:39 PM
Looks like we hit the banter lull.
I'm starting to paw through the work humi's for the ride home smoke.  any suggestions?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 04:20:05 PM
Looks like we hit the banter lull.
Got that 3:14 feelin!
Way to go with averaging 1K posts per month.  Appreciate the contribution.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 04:21:12 PM
Looks like we hit the banter lull.
Got that 3:14 feelin!
Way to go with averaging 1K posts per month.  Appreciate the contribution.
Hey asshole, it's not Tuesday yet!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 04:22:47 PM
Looks like we hit the banter lull.
I'm starting to paw through the work humi's for the ride home smoke.  any suggestions?
I'm about to do the same, Sammy.  I've got an EPC 2nd torp or a Camacho Corojo 10th.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 04:26:26 PM
Looks like we hit the banter lull.
Got that 3:14 feelin!
Way to go with averaging 1K posts per month.  Appreciate the contribution.
Hey asshole, it's not Tuesday yet!
I was being sincere.  And since tomorrow is Tuesday, I thought I'd get it out of the way.  GFY!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: ss2 on September 29, 2014, 04:27:09 PM
Looks like we hit the banter lull.
I'm starting to paw through the work humi's for the ride home smoke.  any suggestions?
I'm about to do the same, Sammy.  I've got an EPC 2nd torp or a Camacho Corojo 10th.
Been into the EPC's a bit lately, so i'd lean towards the Camacho.  I'm thinking about a MOW double toro.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 04:32:05 PM
Camacho is cut.  It will be lighted in less than 30 minutes.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 04:34:19 PM
Looks like we hit the banter lull.
Got that 3:14 feelin!
Way to go with averaging 1K posts per month.  Appreciate the contribution.
Hey asshole, it's not Tuesday yet!
I was being sincere.  And since tomorrow is Tuesday, I thought I'd get it out of the way.  GFY!
HAHAHA! Love it!  Need to leave a little early today and exchange the dog vest for a smaller size and pickup my Flo-nase(generic) refill...60more min of work(or bantering)!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 04:34:33 PM
Camacho is cut.  It will be lighted in less than 30 minutes.
NICE!  Which Camacho? Never mind!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 04:39:30 PM
Camacho is cut.  It will be lighted in less than 30 minutes.
NICE!  Which Camacho? Never mind!
Do the math.  Did the math.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 04:43:32 PM
Camacho is cut.  It will be lighted in less than 30 minutes.
NICE!  Which Camacho? Never mind!
Do the math.  Did the math.
How goes it Mr. B?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: ss2 on September 29, 2014, 04:45:41 PM
ok, me and the MOW are Maryland bound.  y'all have a great evening!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 04:46:49 PM
Camacho is cut.  It will be lighted in less than 30 minutes.
NICE!  Which Camacho? Never mind!
Do the math.  Did the math.
How goes it Mr. B?
Enjoying this nice fall weather but hating the yardwork that goes with nice weather. Joys of homeownership.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 04:47:37 PM
ok, me and the MOW are Maryland bound.  y'all have a great evening!
Give our regards to Maryland and don't run over any terrapins.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 04:47:44 PM
ok, me and the MOW are Maryland bound.  y'all have a great evening!
See ya Sam!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 04:49:07 PM
Take care, Sam.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 04:49:59 PM
Camacho is cut.  It will be lighted in less than 30 minutes.
NICE!  Which Camacho? Never mind!
Do the math.  Did the math.
How goes it Mr. B?
Enjoying this nice fall weather but hating the yardwork that goes with nice weather. Joys of homeownership.
Ain't that the truth!  Don't have a lot of trees around me yet, still a young housing development(7-10yo)-hopefully once we get some planted and grown I will have kids who can rake the yard for me!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 04:50:15 PM
Camacho is cut.  It will be lighted in less than 30 minutes.
NICE!  Which Camacho? Never mind!
Do the math.  Did the math.
How goes it Mr. B?
Enjoying this nice fall weather but hating the yardwork that goes with nice weather. Joys of homeownership.
Ain't that the truth!  Don't have a lot of trees around me yet, still a young housing development(7-10yo)-hopefully once we get some planted and grown I will have kids who can rake the yard for me!
Along with a large amount of switches for them to pick from ;)
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 05:04:28 PM
Camacho is cut.  It will be lighted in less than 30 minutes.
NICE!  Which Camacho? Never mind!
Do the math.  Did the math.
How goes it Mr. B?
Enjoying this nice fall weather but hating the yardwork that goes with nice weather. Joys of homeownership.
Ain't that the truth!  Don't have a lot of trees around me yet, still a young housing development(7-10yo)-hopefully once we get some planted and grown I will have kids who can rake the yard for me!
Yeah, like that's gonna happen.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 05:22:59 PM
Camacho is cut.  It will be lighted in less than 30 minutes.
NICE!  Which Camacho? Never mind!
Do the math.  Did the math.
How goes it Mr. B?
Enjoying this nice fall weather but hating the yardwork that goes with nice weather. Joys of homeownership.
Ain't that the truth!  Don't have a lot of trees around me yet, still a young housing development(7-10yo)-hopefully once we get some planted and grown I will have kids who can rake the yard for me!
Yeah, like that's gonna happen.
He'll find out soon enough.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on September 29, 2014, 05:26:54 PM
Well, it's quittin time for this guy...everyone rest up for tomorrow and remember how to cheer(Patriots and above 50pts or either team and above 46pts)
See youze!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 05:34:23 PM
This is a well aged Camacho Corojo 10th anniversary limited edition and I'm extremely disappointed.  The celo was yellow and I was expecting so much but it's meh and one note.  I should have prefaced that I am a Camacho fan.  The 2nd half of this robusto is a little better but it won't be missed when I put it out.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 07:07:54 PM
I had no problem catching up.  I think my Evelyn Wood classes are paying off.  I think I'll double up on my Mavis Beacon instead.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 08:14:22 PM
After dinner with a Pura Soul and coffee.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 08:56:00 PM
This is a well aged Camacho Corojo 10th anniversary limited edition and I'm extremely disappointed.  The celo was yellow and I was expecting so much but it's meh and one note.  I should have prefaced that I am a Camacho fan.  The 2nd half of this robusto is a little better but it won't be missed when I put it out.
Canal worthy?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 08:58:23 PM
After dinner with a Pura Soul and coffee.
That sounds good.  Just finishing up dinner now and I accompanied it with a Steel Wheels E.S.B.  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16352/72847/

Very nice, I would buy that again.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 09:00:34 PM
This is a well aged Camacho Corojo 10th anniversary limited edition and I'm extremely disappointed.  The celo was yellow and I was expecting so much but it's meh and one note.  I should have prefaced that I am a Camacho fan.  The 2nd half of this robusto is a little better but it won't be missed when I put it out.
Canal worthy?
It was smokable but my expectations were high.  This was an example of too much aging screwing up a cigar.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 09:08:53 PM
This is a well aged Camacho Corojo 10th anniversary limited edition and I'm extremely disappointed.  The celo was yellow and I was expecting so much but it's meh and one note.  I should have prefaced that I am a Camacho fan.  The 2nd half of this robusto is a little better but it won't be missed when I put it out.
Canal worthy?
It was smokable but my expectations were high.  This was an example of too much aging screwing up a cigar.
TWSS. evening Tony.  San Lotano Oval toro on fire here.  Beautiful fall evening.  Dinner on the terrace with the little woman.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: glassken on September 29, 2014, 09:13:42 PM
This is a well aged Camacho Corojo 10th anniversary limited edition and I'm extremely disappointed.  The celo was yellow and I was expecting so much but it's meh and one note.  I should have prefaced that I am a Camacho fan.  The 2nd half of this robusto is a little better but it won't be missed when I put it out.
Canal worthy?
It was smokable but my expectations were high.  This was an example of too much aging screwing up a cigar.
Tony, how much aging? I have quite a stash of these. Have not smoked one in a year, or so. When CI had the boxes on sale, about two years ago?? they were great OTT. I have the 11/18 vitola.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 09:17:28 PM
This is a well aged Camacho Corojo 10th anniversary limited edition and I'm extremely disappointed.  The celo was yellow and I was expecting so much but it's meh and one note.  I should have prefaced that I am a Camacho fan.  The 2nd half of this robusto is a little better but it won't be missed when I put it out.
Canal worthy?
It was smokable but my expectations were high.  This was an example of too much aging screwing up a cigar.
Tony, how much aging? I have quite a stash of these. Have not smoked on in a year, or so. When CI had the boxes on sale, about two years ago??
Evening Ken.  Got some Diesels with some age on them I need to try for just that reason
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 09:26:28 PM
This is a well aged Camacho Corojo 10th anniversary limited edition and I'm extremely disappointed.  The celo was yellow and I was expecting so much but it's meh and one note.  I should have prefaced that I am a Camacho fan.  The 2nd half of this robusto is a little better but it won't be missed when I put it out.
Canal worthy?
It was smokable but my expectations were high.  This was an example of too much aging screwing up a cigar.
Tony, how much aging? I have quite a stash of these. Have not smoked one in a year, or so. When CI had the boxes on sale, about two years ago?? they were great OTT. I have the 11/18 vitola.
It had to be a couple of years, at least.  But I can't compare it to OTT because I never had the rubusto prior to today.  Could have also just been my palate and/or my high expectations.  Burn and draw were perfect.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 09:56:19 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: IrascibleOldFool on September 29, 2014, 10:03:10 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
yup
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 10:04:55 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
Indeed.  But it doesn't appear Shaun will get the 50 points he was looking for.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 10:07:26 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
yup
17 - zip, da Chiefs.  Sheesh!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:20:57 PM
This is a well aged Camacho Corojo 10th anniversary limited edition and I'm extremely disappointed.  The celo was yellow and I was expecting so much but it's meh and one note.  I should have prefaced that I am a Camacho fan.  The 2nd half of this robusto is a little better but it won't be missed when I put it out.
Canal worthy?
It was smokable but my expectations were high.  This was an example of too much aging screwing up a cigar.
Kinda like the way I feel at times...
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:21:31 PM
This is a well aged Camacho Corojo 10th anniversary limited edition and I'm extremely disappointed.  The celo was yellow and I was expecting so much but it's meh and one note.  I should have prefaced that I am a Camacho fan.  The 2nd half of this robusto is a little better but it won't be missed when I put it out.
Canal worthy?
It was smokable but my expectations were high.  This was an example of too much aging screwing up a cigar.
TWSS. evening Tony.  San Lotano Oval toro on fire here.  Beautiful fall evening.  Dinner on the terrace with the little woman.
+1
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:22:35 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
Indeed.  But it doesn't appear Shaun will get the 50 points he was looking for.
Unless KC scores them all.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:24:52 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
Indeed.  But it doesn't appear Shaun will get the 50 points he was looking for.
Unless KC scores them all.
That's Kansas City.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 10:28:09 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
Indeed.  But it doesn't appear Shaun will get the 50 points he was looking for.
Unless KC scores them all.
Indeed!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 10:34:16 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
Indeed.  But it doesn't appear Shaun will get the 50 points he was looking for.
Unless KC scores them all.
That's Kansas City.
That's a tall order though.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:44:08 PM
Now I can't wait to see the reaction, hopefully not a waste of your time.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 10:49:36 PM
On to the next page.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 10:52:58 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
Indeed.  But it doesn't appear Shaun will get the 50 points he was looking for.
Unless KC scores them all.
That's Kansas City.
That's a tall order though.
41 points with only 9 to go.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 10:57:03 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
Indeed.  But it doesn't appear Shaun will get the 50 points he was looking for.
Unless KC scores them all.
That's Kansas City.
That's a tall order though.
41 points with only 9 to go.
Only need 2 more...
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 10:59:13 PM
Now I can't wait to see the reaction, hopefully not a waste of your time.
Looking forward to it myself.  It wasn't difficult.  I'm doing some other maintenance as well.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 11:01:01 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
Indeed.  But it doesn't appear Shaun will get the 50 points he was looking for.
Unless KC scores them all.
That's Kansas City.
That's a tall order though.
41 points with only 9 to go.
Only need 2 more...
A mere safety.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 11:03:33 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
Lets plan on 3...a little more likely.
Indeed.  But it doesn't appear Shaun will get the 50 points he was looking for.
Unless KC scores them all.
That's Kansas City.
That's a tall order though.
41 points with only 9 to go.
Only need 2 more...
A mere safety.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 11:04:02 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
Lets plan on 3...a little more likely.
Indeed.  But it doesn't appear Shaun will get the 50 points he was looking for.
Unless KC scores them all.
That's Kansas City.
That's a tall order though.
41 points with only 9 to go.
Only need 2 more...
A mere safety.
Or maybe a TD after all.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on September 29, 2014, 11:04:52 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
Indeed.  But it doesn't appear Shaun will get the 50 points he was looking for.
Unless KC scores them all.
That's Kansas City.
That's a tall order though.
41 points with only 9 to go.
Only need 2 more...
Damn!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 11:04:53 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
Lets plan on 3...a little more likely.
Indeed.  But it doesn't appear Shaun will get the 50 points he was looking for.
Unless KC scores them all.
That's Kansas City.
That's a tall order though.
41 points with only 9 to go.
Only need 2 more...
A mere safety.
Or maybe a TD after all.
And that will do it!  Good for the boy!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 11:10:21 PM
Glad to see Smith do well.  49ers were stupid to dump him for the flash of Kapernick.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 11:11:58 PM
Glad to see Smith do well.  49ers were stupid to dump him for the flash of Kapernick.
Hindsight.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 11:12:55 PM
Chiefs are handling the Patiots.  Are the Pats now just another football team?
Indeed.  But it doesn't appear Shaun will get the 50 points he was looking for.
Unless KC scores them all.
That's Kansas City.
That's a tall order though.
41 points with only 9 to go.
Only need 2 more...
Damn!
I believe they could come back.  LMAO!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 11:13:57 PM
Forgot there was a jam going on.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 11:20:25 PM
Lalalala.  The fat lady has sung.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 11:22:32 PM
Let's see if the Royals can continue the KC euphoria tomorrow night.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: IrascibleOldFool on September 29, 2014, 11:31:34 PM
Let's see if the Royals can continue the KC euphoria tomorrow night.
GO A's!
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 29, 2014, 11:35:27 PM
Forgot there was a jam going on.
So did CI
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 11:40:26 PM
Forgot there was a jam going on.
So did CI
LOL.  Apparently.
Title: Re: 9/29/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 29, 2014, 11:44:44 PM
I'm going to apply for the Raiders head coaching position.  Hope they don't outsource that one to the Philippines.