CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 26, 2016, 12:00:12 AM

Title: 3/26/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on March 26, 2016, 12:00:12 AM
It's the weekend!  Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about?  Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: SLY on March 26, 2016, 12:47:24 AM
Evening or good morning gents. Had a nice T-52 this evening ... took my time with it and it paid dividends.  Read an amazing article this evening that was very well researched ... required a lot of concentration, but it pointed out the rarity of Good Friday occurring on March 25, the date given for the Annunciation when the Archangel Gabriel announced to the Blessed Virgin Mary in Nazareth that she was to be the Mother of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit. Dependent on her free will consent, she said, "Let it be done to me, according to God's word." with her Fiat (I do), the conception/Incarnation took place. According the Early Fathers of the Church (St. Augustine mentions it), this is also the actual date that Jesus died on the Cross.  The next time that this confluence of events/dates takes place will be in 2157!  Long after we're gone.  So unbeknownst to most of us, we just lived through a truly historic day.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 26, 2016, 06:59:52 AM
Interesting thoughts to start the day, thanks Sly!
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 26, 2016, 07:02:03 AM
Today is Saturday, March 26, the 86th day of 2016. There are 280 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:On March 26, 1979, a peace treaty was signed by Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin (men-AH’-kem BAY’-gihn) and Egyptian President Anwar Sadat and witnessed by President Jimmy Carter at the White House.

On this date:

In 1812, an earthquake devastated Caracas, Venezuela, causing an estimated 26,000 deaths, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

In 1827, composer Ludwig van Beethoven died in Vienna.

In 1874, poet Robert Frost was born in San Francisco.

In 1892, poet Walt Whitman died in Camden, New Jersey.

In 1917, the Seattle Metropolitans became the first U.S. team to win the Stanley Cup as they defeated the Montreal Canadiens.

In 1945, during World War II, Iwo Jima was fully secured by U.S. forces following a final, desperate attack by Japanese soldiers. Former British Prime Minister David Lloyd George, 82, died in Ty Newydd, Llanystumdwy, Wales.

In 1958, the U.S. Army launched America’s third successful satellite, Explorer 3.

In 1964, the musical play “Funny Girl,” starring Barbra Streisand as Fanny Brice, opened on Broadway.

In 1971, East Pakistan proclaimed its independence, taking the name Bangladesh.

In 1982, groundbreaking ceremonies took place in Washington, D.C., for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

In 1996, former U.S. senator and secretary of state Edmund Muskie died in Washington, D.C., two days shy of his 82nd birthday.

In 1997, the bodies of 39 members of the Heaven’s Gate techno-religious cult who’d committed suicide were found inside a rented mansion in Rancho Santa Fe, California.

Ten years ago: An Afghan court dismissed the case against a man facing possible execution for converting from Islam to Christianity. (Abdul Rahman was released and granted asylum by Italy.) Paul Dana, 30, died when he slammed into a stopped car during a warmup session of the Toyota Indy 300 at the Homestead-Miami Speedway.

Five years ago: More than 250,000 people took to London’s streets to protest the toughest spending cuts since World War II; riot police clashed with small breakaway groups and arrested more than 200 people. Former Democratic vice presidential candidate Geraldine Ferraro, the first female major party nominee for the office, died in Boston at 75. Harry Wesley Coover Jr., 94, known as the inventor of the popular adhesive Super Glue, died in Kingsport, Tennessee.

One year ago: Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signed a measure prohibiting state and local laws that “substantially burden” the ability of people to follow their religious beliefs; opponents charged the new law could legalize discrimination against gay people. In New York City, a gas explosion and fire destroyed three buildings in Manhattan’s East Village, killing a restaurant worker and a diner (five people are accused of rigging an illegal gas delivery system blamed for the blast).
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 26, 2016, 07:02:43 AM
Today’s Birthdays: Retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor is 86. Actor Alan Arkin is 82. Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is 81. House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (puh-LOH’-see) is 76. Actor James Caan is 76. Author Erica Jong is 74. Journalist Bob Woodward is 73. Singer Diana Ross is 72. Actor Johnny Crawford is 70. Rock singer Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) is 68. Singer and TV personality Vicki Lawrence is 67. Actor Ernest Thomas is 67. Comedian Martin Short is 66. Country singer Ronnie McDowell is 66. Movie composer Alan Silvestri is 66. Rock musician Monte Yoho is 64. Radio talk show host Curtis Sliwa is 62. Country singer Dean Dillon is 61. Country singer Charly McClain is 60. TV personality Leeza Gibbons is 59. Actress Ellia English is 57. Actress Jennifer Grey is 56. College and Pro Football Hall of Famer Marcus Allen is 56. Actor Billy Warlock is 55. Actor Eric Allan Kramer is 54. Basketball Hall of Famer John Stockton is 54. Actor Michael Imperioli is 50. Rock musician James Iha (EE’-hah) is 48. Country singer Kenny Chesney is 48. Actress Leslie Mann is 44. Actor T.R. Knight is 43. Rapper Juvenile is 41. Actress Amy Smart is 40. Actress Bianca Kajlich (KY’-lihk) is 39. Actress Keira Knightley is 31. Rapper J-Kwon is 30. Actress Carly Chaikin is 26.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 26, 2016, 07:03:40 AM
Thought for Today: “Life’s like a play; it’s not the length but the excellence of the acting that matters.” – Seneca the Younger, Roman statesman and philosopher (3 B.C.-A.D. 65).
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 26, 2016, 07:10:08 AM
Couple more items...

Disaster
1872
Deadly earthquake hits California
An earthquake felt from Mexico to Oregon rocks the Owens Valley in California on this day in 1872, killing 30 people. California, with the large San Andreas Fault running through the entire state, is a prime area for earthquakes. At 2:30 a.m. on March 26, a large quake hit Inyo County...

General Interest
1953
Salk announces polio vaccine
On March 26, 1953, American medical researcher Dr. Jonas Salk announces on a national radio show that he has successfully tested a vaccine against poliomyelitis, the virus that causes the crippling disease of polio. In 1952–an epidemic year for polio–there were 58,000 new cases reported in the United States, and...

1997
Heaven’s Gate cult members found dead
Following an anonymous tip, police enter a mansion in Rancho Santa Fe, an exclusive suburb of San Diego, California, and discover 39 victims of a mass suicide. The deceased–21 women and 18 men of varying ages–were all found lying peaceably in matching dark clothes and Nike sneakers and had no...

Hollywood
2000
American Beauty tops Academy Awards
On this day in 2000, Billy Crystal hosts the 72nd annual Academy Awards ceremony at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. An Oscar crisis had been narrowly averted a week earlier, when Willie Fulgear, a man who made his living recovering and selling discarded objects, found 10 packing crates filled with...

Literary
1920
F. Scott Fitzgerald’s first novel published
This Side of Paradise is published, immediately launching 23-year-old F. Scott Fitzgerald to fame and fortune. Fitzgerald, named for his ancestor Francis Scott Key, author of “The Star Spangled Banner,” was born in St. Paul, Minnesota, to a once well-to-do family that had descended in wealth and influence. With the funding...

Music
1955
Black music gets whitewashed, as Georgia Gibbs hits the pop charts with “The Wallflower (Dance With Me, Henry)”
For its time, the mid-1950s, the lyrical phrase “You got to roll with me, Henry” was considered risqué just as the very label “rock and roll” was understood to have a sexual connotation. The line comes from an Etta James record originally called “Roll With Me Henry” and later renamed...

Old West
1832
The steamboat Yellowstone heads for Montana
The mighty American Fur Company adopts the latest in transportation technology to its business, dispatching the company’s new steamboat Yellowstone to pick up furs in Montana. A decade ...

Presidential
1804
Jefferson presented with a “mammoth loaf” of bread
On this day in 1804, President Thomas Jefferson attends a public party at the Senate and leads a diverse crowd in consuming an enormous loaf of bread dubbed the mammoth loaf. The giant bread was baked to go with the remnants of an enormous block of cheese. Two years earlier, a...

Sports
1979
Michigan State defeats Indiana State in NCAA championship
On March 26, 1979, Earvin “Magic” Johnson leads the Michigan State Spartans to a 75- 64 victory over Larry Bird’s Indiana State Sycamores in the NCAA men’s basketball championship game. The most watched college finale of its time, the game established Magic vs. Bird as a rivalry for the ages,...

Read More
Vietnam War
1969
Antiwar demonstration in Washington
A group called Women Strike for Peace demonstrate in Washington, D.C., in the first large antiwar demonstration since President Richard Nixon’s inauguration in January. The antiwar movement had initially given Nixon a chance to make good on his campaign promises to end the war in Vietnam. However, it became increasingly...

1975
Hue falls to the communists
The city of Hue, in northernmost South Vietnam, falls to the North Vietnamese. Hue was the most recent major city in South Vietnam to fall to the communists during their new offensive. The offensive had started in December 1974, when the North Vietnamese had launched a major attack against the...

World War I
1917
First Battle of Gaza
The first of three battles fought in the Allied attempt to defeat Turkish forces in and around the Palestinian city of Gaza takes place on this day in 1917. By January 1917, the Allies had managed to force the Turkish army completely out of the Sinai Peninsula in northeastern Egypt, leaving...

World War II
1941
Naval warfare gets new weapon
On this day, Italy attacks the British fleet at Suda Bay, Crete, using detachable warheads to sink a British cruiser. This was the first time manned torpedoes had been employed in naval warfare, adding a new weapon to the world’s navies’ arsenals. The manned torpedo, also known as the “Chariot,” was...

ALSO ON THIS DAY
Lead Story
 1979 Israel-Egyptian peace agreement signed
American Revolution
1776 South Carolina approves new constitution
Automotive
2008 Ford sells Jaguar and Land Rover to India’s Tata
Civil War
1864 McPherson takes over the Army of the Tennessee
Cold War
1950 McCarthy charges that Owen Lattimore is a Soviet spy
Crime
1987 Torture chamber uncovered in Philadelphia
[...]

Post by: Travellin Dave on March 26, 2016, 07:10:54 AM
Good thing nobody waited on today for DOD on the Sis for free shipping!
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 07:13:59 AM
Good thing nobody waited on today for DOD on the Sis for free shipping!
Amen, March Madness was short lived

Just got the email notice mine were shipped yesterday.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 07:14:16 AM
Morning Travellin Dave
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 26, 2016, 07:28:53 AM
Morning TexDave, how are you this fine morning?
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 26, 2016, 07:29:38 AM
ACC still looking pretty impressive in the tournament.  It's a shame they have to play each other next round.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 26, 2016, 07:30:25 AM
good morning Dave and Dave. Oliva G torp and coffee going here. lady's son and daughter in law coming over for dinner. they wanted corned beef and cabbage, so guess what I'm cooking this morning.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 07:32:15 AM
ACC still looking pretty impressive in the tournament.  It's a shame they have to play each other next round.
Now you know how the SEC feels in football season.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 07:32:40 AM
good morning Dave and Dave. Oliva G torp and coffee going here. lady's son and daughter in law coming over for dinner. they wanted corned beef and cabbage, so guess what I'm cooking this morning.
Morning Dean
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 07:33:19 AM
Morning TexDave, how are you this fine morning?
Lazy but on the right side of the dirt.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 26, 2016, 07:36:26 AM
Is it morning already....?  Greetings guys..
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 07:36:53 AM
Is it morning already....?  Greetings guys..
Yes it is, morning Dad
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 26, 2016, 07:40:32 AM
Is it morning already....?  Greetings guys..
good morning Dad.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 26, 2016, 07:43:08 AM
[...]
If you hadn't mentioned that, I would have missed the whole thing...  If for some reason we're still around in 2157, I'll expect an updated post on this.. :)  Mark it on you Windows 10 Calendar.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 26, 2016, 07:45:31 AM
Is it morning already....?  Greetings guys..
good morning Dad.
Good morning Dean and TR...!  It looks like another babysitting day for me.... yeah..!
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 26, 2016, 07:55:44 AM
Is it morning already....?  Greetings guys..
good morning Dad.
Good morning Dean and TR...!  It looks like another babysitting day for me.... yeah..!
I watched the kids yesterday and they wanted to go for a walk.  I think we walked some where between 12 to 14 blocks. I guess that's nothing to the golfers out there, but for me, I had reached my limit.  whew..
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 26, 2016, 08:01:09 AM
Morning BD and ChefDean.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 26, 2016, 08:02:51 AM
Last night about 1 hour before my wife had to get up from work, she got up, came into the kitchen and told me she couldn't tell if she was having a dream or not.  She said a little girl had come into the bedroom and was talking to her.  She said she opened her eyes but didn't see anything.  Then when she closed her eyes, the little girl started talking again.  She thought our granddaughter was here, but she wasn't.

The weird thing is, my wife's mother had talked about a little girl that would come into her bedroom and talk to her at night.  That was about a year or two before my mother-in-law lost her mind.

That's some weird shit....  I have another story that happened this week too...
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 26, 2016, 08:03:27 AM
Morning BD and ChefDean.
Happy Saturday morning Dave(s)...
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 26, 2016, 08:14:39 AM
Last weekend I was watching the grandkids.  When my daughter-in-law got home, we sat in the kitchen for awhile and talked.  The topic turned to high blood pressure.  We were talking about blood pressure medication, exercise, and then it turned into sort of a eerie discussion of our family history and family members that had died related to hear attackes.  We talked about this for a little over an hour.  About 15 minutes later, my daughter-in-law received a phone call telling her that her 37 year old cousin had just passed away from a heart attach about 20 minutes ago.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 26, 2016, 08:25:50 AM
lady's son just handed me 6 Padron #3000, 6 Partagas Black toro, and 6 AF Short Story. such a nice kid.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 26, 2016, 08:27:58 AM
Last weekend I was watching the grandkids.  When my daughter-in-law got home, we sat in the kitchen for awhile and talked.  The topic turned to high blood pressure.  We were talking about blood pressure medication, exercise, and then it turned into sort of a eerie discussion of our family history and family members that had died related to hear attackes.  We talked about this for a little over an hour.  About 15 minutes later, my daughter-in-law received a phone call telling her that her 37 year old cousin had just passed away from a heart attach about 20 minutes ago.
another reason why men should never talk to women, they're deadly.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 26, 2016, 09:06:56 AM
lady's son just handed me 6 Padron #3000, 6 Partagas Black toro, and 6 AF Short Story. such a nice kid.
You lucky dog...!  :)
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 26, 2016, 09:07:11 AM
Last weekend I was watching the grandkids.  When my daughter-in-law got home, we sat in the kitchen for awhile and talked.  The topic turned to high blood pressure.  We were talking about blood pressure medication, exercise, and then it turned into sort of a eerie discussion of our family history and family members that had died related to hear attackes.  We talked about this for a little over an hour.  About 15 minutes later, my daughter-in-law received a phone call telling her that her 37 year old cousin had just passed away from a heart attach about 20 minutes ago.
another reason why men should never talk to women, they're deadly.
I agree...
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 26, 2016, 09:07:34 AM
It's time for me to babysit...  See ya's later..!
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 09:30:04 AM
lady's son just handed me 6 Padron #3000, 6 Partagas Black toro, and 6 AF Short Story. such a nice kid.
Nice!
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 09:30:25 AM
It's time for me to babysit...  See ya's later..!
Enjoy
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 26, 2016, 09:45:46 AM
It's time for me to babysit...  See ya's later..!
later Dad.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 26, 2016, 11:11:31 AM
sheesh sheesh
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 26, 2016, 11:36:36 AM
sheesh sheesh
she
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 26, 2016, 12:05:30 PM
sheesh sheesh
she
esh
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 26, 2016, 12:12:51 PM
good morning Dave and Dave. Oliva G torp and coffee going here. lady's son and daughter in law coming over for dinner. they wanted corned beef and cabbage, so guess what I'm cooking this morning.
tripe & manicotti?
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 26, 2016, 12:15:07 PM
lady's son just handed me 6 Padron #3000, 6 Partagas Black toro, and 6 AF Short Story. such a nice kid.
You lucky dog...!  :)
Good morning guys, Ok, you can make Corned beef & cabbage, forget the tripe.
Good morning boys...
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 26, 2016, 12:16:21 PM
Morning TexDave, how are you this fine morning?
Lazy but on the right side of the dirt.
Any day on this side of the dirt, is usually better
than the alternative.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 26, 2016, 12:25:11 PM
lady's son just handed me 6 Padron #3000, 6 Partagas Black toro, and 6 AF Short Story. such a nice kid.
You lucky dog...!  :)
Good morning guys, Ok, you can make Corned beef & cabbage, forget the tripe.
Good morning boys...
good morning Flip. I don't like tripe. my grandmother and mother use to make it but didn't care for it.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 12:26:14 PM
Morning TexDave, how are you this fine morning?
Lazy but on the right side of the dirt.
Any day on this side of the dirt, is usually better
than the alternative.
Morning Flip
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 12:27:34 PM
Waiting on the warden to get here 🙂 to chow down on some Mexican food.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 26, 2016, 12:56:18 PM
Waiting on the warden to get here 🙂 to chow down on some Mexican food.
had various sushi for lunch yesterday, than fries and fried floured cod, going to have to teach
the warden how to make beer batter, we could have had fish & chips... wife & daughter working at the beauty salon,
going to check for leftovers in a bit.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 01:26:10 PM
How 'bout that Big 12?  Oh, and Boomer Sooner!
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 26, 2016, 01:28:35 PM
Hello, boys. Who's making tripe? I'm in!
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 01:29:45 PM
lady's son just handed me 6 Padron #3000, 6 Partagas Black toro, and 6 AF Short Story. such a nice kid.
Indeed.  A little sumpin' sumpin' from Mama and seegars from the kid.  Got a bird nest on the ground there Dean.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 01:40:11 PM
Hello, boys. Who's making tripe? I'm in!
Tripen with Antnee.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 01:45:09 PM
Permalurkin' with Johnny.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 26, 2016, 02:00:13 PM
Hello, boys. Who's making tripe? I'm in!
Tripen with Antnee.
Not trippin' ?
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 26, 2016, 02:00:49 PM
Permalurkin' with Johnny.
You still in Texas?
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: tcarblu on March 26, 2016, 02:00:53 PM
 nice deal on Oliva MBlll's at Holts:
http://www.icontact-archive.com/bbUSYPg6clC1lcTXkDeXpXAoBqZgSweo?w=4             $59.95/20
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 26, 2016, 02:04:13 PM
nice deal on Oliva MBlll's at Holts:
http://www.icontact-archive.com/bbUSYPg6clC1lcTXkDeXpXAoBqZgSweo?w=4             $59.95/20
That is indeed a nice deal. Howdy, blu.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 02:11:41 PM
Hello, boys. Who's making tripe? I'm in!
Tripen with Antnee.
Not trippin' ?
Tripin' on tripe Tony!
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 02:12:36 PM
nice deal on Oliva MBlll's at Holts:
http://www.icontact-archive.com/bbUSYPg6clC1lcTXkDeXpXAoBqZgSweo?w=4 (http://www.icontact-archive.com/bbUSYPg6clC1lcTXkDeXpXAoBqZgSweo?w=4)             $59.95/20
Indeed!  Eat your heart out Tex!
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: tcarblu on March 26, 2016, 02:17:45 PM
Howdy Tony, and Happy Easter to all the fine BOTL's
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 02:20:56 PM
Permalurkin' with Johnny.
You still in Texas?
Nope.  Got back on Monday.  Graddaughters went back to school.  Had a nice Springbreak with the Morton family.  All kinds of weather from 50's to the 80's.  Both Madeline and Charlotte wanted a grill out.  Charlotte loves roasted corn on the cob.  Spent a couple of days in San Antonio visiting the Alamo, walking the Riverwalk, taking in SeaWorld even dropping by a Buc-ee's.  Charlotte loved the rope walk - a regular daredevil.  Penguins, seals, whales, dolphins.  Springbreak for Texas school kids with huge crowds everywhere.  Colin got some San Antonio rolled seegars for his friends.  Might make a BOTL of him yet.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 26, 2016, 02:21:44 PM
Howdy Tony, and Happy Easter to all the fine BOTL's
And some of the other guys on here too? You know, the unfine ones?
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 02:22:28 PM
Howdy Tony, and Happy Easter to all the fine BOTL's
Happy Easter Egg.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 26, 2016, 02:22:55 PM
Permalurkin' with Johnny.
You still in Texas?
Nope.  Got back on Monday.  Graddaughters went back to school.  Had a nice Springbreak with the Morton family.  All kinds of weather from 50's to the 80's.  Both Madeline and Charlotte wanted a grill out.  Charlotte loves roasted corn on the cob.  Spent a couple of days in San Antonio visiting the Alamo, walking the Riverwalk, taking in SeaWorld even dropping by a Buc-ee's.  Charlotte loved the rope walk - a regular daredevil.  Penguins, seals, whales, dolphins.  Springbreak for Texas school kids with huge crowds everywhere.  Colin got some San Antonio rolled seegars for his friends.  Might make a BOTL of him yet.
Hahaha. That sounds great.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 02:25:11 PM
Howdy Tony, and Happy Easter to all the fine BOTL's
And some of the other guys on here too? You know, the unfine ones?
Unfine>fine ones.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 26, 2016, 02:32:56 PM
Howdy Tony, and Happy Easter to all the fine BOTL's
And some of the other guys on here too? You know, the unfine ones?
Unfine>fine ones.
Unfine = thick ?
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 26, 2016, 02:50:31 PM
Time for a Costco run. Trying to figure out what we're having for Easter dinner. Maybe I'll get inspired there.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 03:03:39 PM
Time for a Costco run. Trying to figure out what we're having for Easter dinner. Maybe I'll get inspired there.
Bone-in Prime Rib, baked potato and  asparagus here if that helps you any.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 03:10:43 PM
nice deal on Oliva MBlll's at Holts:
http://www.icontact-archive.com/bbUSYPg6clC1lcTXkDeXpXAoBqZgSweo?w=4 (http://www.icontact-archive.com/bbUSYPg6clC1lcTXkDeXpXAoBqZgSweo?w=4)             $59.95/20
Indeed!  Eat your heart out Tex!
Mother Fuk'r!!!!

Oh well can't ever get too many so I just  bought two more to reduce my average to $3.50/stick :)

That has to be the best premium cigar deal in history.

Oh yeah, GFY CB ;) since you already bought some too.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 03:13:35 PM
Howdy Tony, and Happy Easter to all the fine BOTL's
Afternoon and Happy Easter to you.  You a Texan yet?
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 03:19:29 PM
Well my new 3rd tub is coming along well, only bought 30 cigars Thursday, 25 yesterday and 50 more today.

Sheesh, I am a sick man, now think I will go outside and smoke one.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 26, 2016, 03:23:07 PM
Time for a Costco run. Trying to figure out what we're having for Easter dinner. Maybe I'll get inspired there.
Bone-in Prime Rib, baked potato and  asparagus here if that helps you any.
That sounds good. I was thinking ham BUT you may have turned me around on this.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 03:29:58 PM
Time for a Costco run. Trying to figure out what we're having for Easter dinner. Maybe I'll get inspired there.
Bone-in Prime Rib, baked potato and  asparagus here if that helps you any.
That sounds good. I was thinking ham BUT you may have turned me around on this.
LOL, ham is more traditional for Easter but we usually have prime rib.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: tcarblu on March 26, 2016, 04:02:25 PM
nice deal on Oliva MBlll's at Holts:
http://www.icontact-archive.com/bbUSYPg6clC1lcTXkDeXpXAoBqZgSweo?w=4 (http://www.icontact-archive.com/bbUSYPg6clC1lcTXkDeXpXAoBqZgSweo?w=4)             $59.95/20
Indeed!  Eat your heart out Tex!
Mother Fuk'r!!!!

Oh well can't ever get too many so I just  bought two more to reduce my average to $3.50/stick :)

That has to be the best premium cigar deal in history.

Oh yeah, GFY CB ;) since you already bought some too.
Hey Tex, I was thinking of you when I posted that, knew you had another tub to fill, bought a few more myself. And yes Tony, happy easter to all, especially the unfine ones.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 04:07:56 PM
Diesel Uncut now cut and lit.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 04:10:19 PM
nice deal on Oliva MBlll's at Holts:
http://www.icontact-archive.com/bbUSYPg6clC1lcTXkDeXpXAoBqZgSweo?w=4 (http://www.icontact-archive.com/bbUSYPg6clC1lcTXkDeXpXAoBqZgSweo?w=4)             $59.95/20
Indeed!  Eat your heart out Tex!
Mother Fuk'r!!!!

Oh well can't ever get too many so I just  bought two more to reduce my average to $3.50/stick :)

That has to be the best premium cigar deal in history.

Oh yeah, GFY CB ;) since you already bought some too.
Hey Tex, I was thinking of you when I posted that, knew you had another tub to fill, bought a few more myself. And yes Tony, happy easter to all, especially the unfine ones.
The Mash had 5 packs of the Churchills for $50 this morning, I was laughing then with the $80 price for 20 out there before you even hit me with the new deal
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 04:33:03 PM
Some Yahoo comments on Cruz sex scandal:

“A poll was taken by 2,000 prostitutes asking if they would have sex with Ted Cruz. 91% said ‘Never Again”.

“I already know what Cruz’s excuse will be. I have no knowledge of the 5 affairs. It was dark and I thought I was sleeping with my wife at the Trump Hotel. I blame the darkness and I blame you, Donald Trump. You introduced me to those 5 women. You are a disgusting pimp. ”

‘ll be so glad when this election is over; just the thought of this smear makes my skin crawl. I’m sorry, but there’s something about Cruz’s persona that’s creepy and I don’t trust him. Now I realize my instincts were spot on.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 04:40:23 PM
Time for a Costco run. Trying to figure out what we're having for Easter dinner. Maybe I'll get inspired there.
Bone-in Prime Rib, baked potato and  asparagus here if that helps you any.
That sounds good. I was thinking ham BUT you may have turned me around on this.
LOL, ham is more traditional for Easter but we usually have prime rib.
Turkey at Thanksgiving, prime rib at Christmas, lamb at Easter.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 04:41:34 PM
nice deal on Oliva MBlll's at Holts:
http://www.icontact-archive.com/bbUSYPg6clC1lcTXkDeXpXAoBqZgSweo?w=4 (http://www.icontact-archive.com/bbUSYPg6clC1lcTXkDeXpXAoBqZgSweo?w=4)             $59.95/20
Indeed!  Eat your heart out Tex!
Mother Fuk'r!!!!

Oh well can't ever get too many so I just  bought two more to reduce my average to $3.50/stick :)

That has to be the best premium cigar deal in history.

Oh yeah, GFY CB ;) since you already bought some too.
Muah haha haha haha!
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 04:43:19 PM
Time for a Costco run. Trying to figure out what we're having for Easter dinner. Maybe I'll get inspired there.
Bone-in Prime Rib, baked potato and  asparagus here if that helps you any.
That sounds good. I was thinking ham BUT you may have turned me around on this.
LOL, ham is more traditional for Easter but we usually have prime rib.
Turkey at Thanksgiving, prime rib at Christmas, lamb at Easter.
Turkey at Thanksgiving, ham at Christmas, prime rib at New Years and lamb at Easter when I was growing up but we have changed the Easter to prime rib also as I am the only one here that likes lamb.

Add boiled crawfish for Good Friday, BBQ chicken for Memorial Day and a big fish fry on the 4th of July.  No real standard for Labor Day but usually some kind of BBQ.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 04:44:47 PM
These Uncut's are somewhat Rocky Patelish as no two seem to be the same.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 05:07:46 PM
These Uncut's are somewhat Rocky Patelish as no two seem to be the same.
Some un-Rocky Patelish RP's and worth a fiver:
RP Royale
RP Hamlet Tabaquero
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 06:44:23 PM
Saturday Night Sheesh!
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 26, 2016, 06:56:39 PM
Time for a Costco run. Trying to figure out what we're having for Easter dinner. Maybe I'll get inspired there.
Bone-in Prime Rib, baked potato and  asparagus here if that helps you any.
That sounds good. I was thinking ham BUT you may have turned me around on this.
LOL, ham is more traditional for Easter but we usually have prime rib.
Turkey at Thanksgiving, prime rib at Christmas, lamb at Easter.
I bought some lamb loin chops and a ham. So now I just need to figure out how to prepare them.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 26, 2016, 06:58:11 PM
These Uncut's are somewhat Rocky Patelish as no two seem to be the same.
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm so disappointed in their inconsistency. The first one I smoked was rock solid and I don't think I've had one as good since.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 07:04:51 PM
Time for a Costco run. Trying to figure out what we're having for Easter dinner. Maybe I'll get inspired there.
Bone-in Prime Rib, baked potato and  asparagus here if that helps you any.
That sounds good. I was thinking ham BUT you may have turned me around on this.
LOL, ham is more traditional for Easter but we usually have prime rib.
Turkey at Thanksgiving, prime rib at Christmas, lamb at Easter.
I bought some lamb loin chops and a ham. So now I just need to figure out how to prepare them.
Cook them?
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 07:13:03 PM
These Uncut's are somewhat Rocky Patelish as no two seem to be the same.
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm so disappointed in their inconsistency. The first one I smoked was rock solid and I don't think I've had one as good since.
I have had more good ones than bad ones but they are all over the place.  Last one I had was a total disaster one today was pretty good but some have been better.  Don't think I Would buy more though.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 07:13:40 PM
Time for a Costco run. Trying to figure out what we're having for Easter dinner. Maybe I'll get inspired there.
Bone-in Prime Rib, baked potato and  asparagus here if that helps you any.
That sounds good. I was thinking ham BUT you may have turned me around on this.
LOL, ham is more traditional for Easter but we usually have prime rib.
Turkey at Thanksgiving, prime rib at Christmas, lamb at Easter.
I bought some lamb loin chops and a ham. So now I just need to figure out how to prepare them.
Cook them?
+1.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 07:16:18 PM
Leftover crawfish for dinner here.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 07:16:54 PM
Sooners are ripping them a new azz CB
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Threebean on March 26, 2016, 07:52:08 PM
These Uncut's are somewhat Rocky Patelish as no two seem to be the same.
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm so disappointed in their inconsistency. The first one I smoked was rock solid and I don't think I've had one as good since.
I have had more good ones than bad ones but they are all over the place.  Last one I had was a total disaster one today was pretty good but some have been better.  Don't think I Would buy more though.
I concur. Somewhat meh.  Not the worst of the line, but won't buy again.  I'll take the corona over anything else.
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: Threebean on March 26, 2016, 07:53:59 PM
Finishing up an after dinner V melanio rob here.  We had our Easter dinner today. Ham!
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 08:24:03 PM
Sooners are ripping them a new azz CB
On to the Final Four!
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 26, 2016, 08:28:14 PM
Evening Bean
Title: Re: 3/26/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 26, 2016, 08:31:51 PM
These Uncut's are somewhat Rocky Patelish as no two seem to be the same.
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm so disappointed in their inconsistency. The first one I smoked was rock solid and I don't think I've had one as good since.
I have had more good ones than bad ones but they are all over the place.  Last one I had was a total disaster one today was pretty good but some have been better.  Don't think I Would buy more though.
I concur. Somewhat meh.  Not the worst of the line, but won't buy again.  I'll take the corona over anything else.
CCB!