CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on May 17, 2018, 12:52:27 AM

Title: 5/17/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on May 17, 2018, 12:52:27 AM
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 05:44:38 AM
And here we are again...

Happy little Friday to all.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 05:48:41 AM
And here we are again...

Happy little Friday to all.
Morning, Tony. Back atcha.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 05:59:10 AM
And here we are again...

Happy little Friday to all.
Morning, Tony. Back atcha.
Gonna be a busy one today. Rain is not gonna help this commute.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 06:12:23 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 06:14:54 AM
Today is Thursday, May 17, the 137th day of 2018. There are 228 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On May 17, 1968, nine men and women, including brothers Daniel and Philip Berrigan, entered the Selective Service office in Catonsville, Maryland, seized several hundred draft files and burned them outside to protest the Vietnam War before being arrested. (The “Catonsville Nine,” as they came to be known, received federal prison sentences ranging from 24 to 42 months.)

On this date:

In 1536, Archbishop of Canterbury Thomas Cranmer declared the marriage of England’s King Henry VIII to Anne Boleyn invalid after she failed to produce a male heir; Boleyn, already condemned for high treason, was executed two days later.

In 1792, the New York Stock Exchange had its beginnings as a group of brokers met under a tree on Wall Street and signed the Buttonwood Agreement.

In 1875, the first Kentucky Derby was run; the winner was Aristides, ridden by Oliver Lewis.

In 1938, Congress passed the Second Vinson Act, providing for a strengthened U.S. Navy. The radio quiz show “Information, Please!” made its debut on the NBC Blue Network.

In 1948, the Soviet Union recognized the new state of Israel.

In 1954, a unanimous U.S. Supreme Court handed down its Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka decision which held that racially segregated public schools were inherently unequal, and therefore unconstitutional.

In 1973, a special committee convened by the U.S. Senate began its televised hearings into the Watergate scandal.

In 1978, women were included in the White House honor guard for the first time as President Jimmy Carter welcomed Zambian President Kenneth Kaunda (kah-OON’-dah).

In 1980, rioting that claimed 18 lives erupted in Miami’s Liberty City after an all-white jury in Tampa acquitted four former Miami police officers of fatally beating black insurance executive Arthur McDuffie.

In 1987, 37 American sailors were killed when an Iraqi warplane attacked the U.S. Navy frigate Stark in the Persian Gulf. (Iraq apologized for the attack, calling it a mistake, and paid more than $27 million in compensation.)

In 1996, President Bill Clinton signed a measure requiring neighborhood notification when sex offenders move in. (“Megan’s Law,” as it’s known, was named for Megan Kanka, a seven-year-old New Jersey girl who was raped and murdered in 1994.)

In 2004, Massachusetts became the first state to allow same-sex marriages.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 06:15:38 AM
Ten years ago: Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., was flown to a Boston hospital after suffering a seizure at his Cape Cod home (he was later diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor, and died in August 2009). Nearing the end of his five-day Mideast trip, President George W. Bush held a rapid-fire series of diplomatic meetings at the Red Sea resort of Sharm El-Sheik in Egypt. Kentucky Derby winner Big Brown ran away with the Preakness; the horse’s Triple Crown quest ended three weeks later when he finished last in the Belmont Stakes.

Five years ago: The ousted head of the Internal Revenue Service, Steven Miller, faced hours of intense grilling before Congress; both defiant and apologetic, Miller acknowledged agency mistakes in targeting tea party groups for special scrutiny when they applied for tax-exempt status, but insisted that agents broke no laws and that there was no effort to cover up their actions. Jorge Rafael Videla (HOHR’-hay rah-fay-EHL’ vih-DEH’-lah), 87, the former dictator who took power in Argentina in a 1976 coup and led a military junta that killed thousands during a “dirty war” against alleged subversives, died in Buenos Aires while serving life in prison for crimes against humanity.

One year ago: The Justice Department appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller as a special counsel to oversee a federal investigation into potential coordination between Russia and Donald Trump’s campaign during the 2016 presidential election. Pvt. Chelsea Manning, the soldier who was sentenced to 35 years in a military prison for giving classified materials to WikiLeaks, walked free after serving seven years behind bars, her sentence having been commuted by President Barack Obama. Chris Cornell, one of the most lauded contemporary lead singers in rock music with his bands Soundgarden and Audioslave, committed suicide in a Detroit hotel room; he was 52.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 06:16:19 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Morning, APWireDave.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 06:16:35 AM
Today’s Birthdays: Actor Peter Gerety is 78. Singer Taj Mahal is 76. Rock musician Bill Bruford is 69. Singer-musician George Johnson (The Brothers Johnson) is 65. TV personality Kathleen Sullivan is 65. Boxing Hall of Famer Sugar Ray Leonard is 62. Actor-comedian Bob Saget is 62. Sports announcer Jim Nantz is 59. Producer Simon Fuller (TV: “American Idol”) is 58. Singer Enya is 57. Actor-comedian Craig Ferguson is 56. Rock singer-musician Page McConnell is 55. Actor David Eigenberg is 54. Singer-musician Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) is 53. Actress Paige Turco is 53. Rhythm-and-blues musician O’Dell (Mint Condition) is 53. Actor Hill Harper is 52. TV personality/interior designer Thom Filicia is 49. Singer Jordan Knight is 48. Rhythm-and-blues singer Darnell Van Rensalier (Shai) is 48. Actress Sasha Alexander is 45. Rock singer-musician Josh Homme (HAHM’-ee) is 45. Rock singer Andrea Corr (The Corrs) is 44. Actor Sendhil Ramamurthy (SEN’-dul rah-mah-MURTH’-ee) is 44. Actress Rochelle Aytes is 42. Singer Kandi Burruss is 42. Actress Kat Foster is 40. Actress Ayda Field is 39. Actress Ginger Gonzaga is 35. Folk-rock singer/songwriter Passenger is 34. Dancer-choreographer Derek Hough (huhf) is 33. Actor Tahj Mowry is 32. Actress Nikki Reed is 30. Singer Kree Harrison (TV: “American Idol”) is 28. Actress Leven Rambin is 28. Actress Samantha Browne-Walters is 27. Actor Justin Martin is 24.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 06:17:14 AM
Thought for Today: “A burning purpose attracts others who are drawn along with it and help fulfill it.” – Margaret Bourke-White, American photojournalist (1904-1971).
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 06:20:12 AM
Tony - started reading Ready Player One last night. Only a couple chapters in, but so far, pretty good.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 06:23:32 AM
Tony - started reading Ready Player One last night. Only a couple chapters in, but so far, pretty good.
It definitely gets interesting. Now I want to see the movie. I hear it's very different but still very good.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 06:23:56 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, Dave. Heading home today?
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 06:38:03 AM
Tony - started reading Ready Player One last night. Only a couple chapters in, but so far, pretty good.
It definitely gets interesting. Now I want to see the movie. I hear it's very different but still very good.
Yeah, I imagine I'm gonna want to see it, too.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 06:48:28 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, Dave. Heading home today?
After putting time in the office.  Flight out at 6.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 07:04:36 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, Dave. Heading home today?
After putting time in the office.  Flight out at 6.
I'll be at the airport picking up my brother at 9:30. Need a ride?
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 07:23:40 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, Dave. Heading home today?
After putting time in the office.  Flight out at 6.
I'll be at the airport picking up my brother at 9:30. Need a ride?
That would be nice....but don't want to leave the car at $36/day.... :o
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 07:26:22 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, Dave. Heading home today?
After putting time in the office.  Flight out at 6.
I'll be at the airport picking up my brother at 9:30. Need a ride?
That would be nice....but don't want to leave the car at $36/day.... :o
Are you flying into Newark?
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 07:40:35 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, Dave. Heading home today?
After putting time in the office.  Flight out at 6.
I'll be at the airport picking up my brother at 9:30. Need a ride?
That would be nice....but don't want to leave the car at $36/day.... :o
Are you flying into Newark?
Kinda sounds like he's flying away from NJ.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 17, 2018, 07:52:28 AM
Morning Daves and Tony.  In and out today (TWHS).
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 07:59:17 AM
Morning Daves and Tony.  In and out today (TWHS).
Morning, braggart.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 08:24:34 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, Dave. Heading home today?
After putting time in the office.  Flight out at 6.
I'll be at the airport picking up my brother at 9:30. Need a ride?
That would be nice....but don't want to leave the car at $36/day.... :o
Are you flying into Newark?
Yes, car is at P-4 parking.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 08:24:59 AM
Morning Daves and Tony.  In and out today (TWHS).
Don't you wish.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 08:25:25 AM
Morning Mr. Bean.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 08:29:14 AM
Morning Daves and Tony.  In and out today (TWHS).
He wishes.

Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 08:31:39 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, Dave. Heading home today?
After putting time in the office.  Flight out at 6.
I'll be at the airport picking up my brother at 9:30. Need a ride?
That would be nice....but don't want to leave the car at $36/day.... :o
Are you flying into Newark?
Yes, car is at P-4 parking.
Shows what I know.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 17, 2018, 08:50:49 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, Dave. Heading home today?
After putting time in the office.  Flight out at 6.
I'll be at the airport picking up my brother at 9:30. Need a ride?
That would be nice....but don't want to leave the car at $36/day.... :o
Are you flying into Newark?
Yes, car is at P-4 parking.
Shows what I know.
$36 a day?!?!  WTF, is that valet?  Long term parking at AUS is $7 per day.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 17, 2018, 09:26:10 AM
good morning Tony, Daves, and Mark. got the mower ready to go but everything is so fucking wet, so El Rey de Mundo and coffee instead.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 09:28:07 AM
good morning Tony, Daves, and Mark. got the mower ready to go but everything is so fucking wet, so El Rey de Mundo and coffee instead.
Morning, DampDean.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 17, 2018, 09:42:02 AM
good morning Tony, Daves, and Mark. got the mower ready to go but everything is so fucking wet, so El Rey de Mundo and coffee instead.
Morning, DampDean.
if it doesn't rain again I may be able to mow before lunch.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 17, 2018, 09:42:56 AM
good morning Tony, Daves, and Mark. got the mower ready to go but everything is so fucking wet, so El Rey de Mundo and coffee instead.
Morning, DampDean.
if it doesn't rain again I may be able to mow before lunch.
Good times.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 09:50:07 AM
good morning Tony, Daves, and Mark. got the mower ready to go but everything is so fucking wet, so El Rey de Mundo and coffee instead.
Morning, DampDean.
if it doesn't rain again I may be able to mow before lunch.
That's the spirit. I have to stop on the way home today and pick up a new edger. Had one of the bump feed ones and it finally broke last year. Had a helluva run, though.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 17, 2018, 09:55:12 AM
good morning Tony, Daves, and Mark. got the mower ready to go but everything is so fucking wet, so El Rey de Mundo and coffee instead.
Morning, DampDean.
if it doesn't rain again I may be able to mow before lunch.
That's the spirit. I have to stop on the way home today and pick up a new edger. Had one of the bump feed ones and it finally broke last year. Had a helluva run, though.
I have a Ryobi battery powered self feed. for what little I have it works fine, got the blower with it too. seems like all my power tools now are Ryobi with the interchangeable batteries.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on May 17, 2018, 10:06:23 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 17, 2018, 10:11:35 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning RazMan.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 10:11:54 AM
good morning Tony, Daves, and Mark. got the mower ready to go but everything is so fucking wet, so El Rey de Mundo and coffee instead.
Morning, DampDean.
if it doesn't rain again I may be able to mow before lunch.
That's the spirit. I have to stop on the way home today and pick up a new edger. Had one of the bump feed ones and it finally broke last year. Had a helluva run, though.
I have a Ryobi battery powered self feed. for what little I have it works fine, got the blower with it too. seems like all my power tools now are Ryobi with the interchangeable batteries.
Seems like I'm using mine every time I mow, and my yard is a bit bigger than most around us, since we live on a corner. I'm always leery of the battery powered ones. Feels like I'd run out of juice halfway through and then I'm stuck, so I prefer the corded. Well, I'd prefer the gas powered so I didn't have to deal with the cords, but I'm not willing to spend that much money.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 17, 2018, 10:21:39 AM
[...]
with my Ryobi +One battery system I have batteries and chargers up the wazoo, skill saw, sawzall, hammer drill, regular drill, jug saw, blower, and trimmer. I hate power cords, and gas.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 10:53:46 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, Dave. Heading home today?
After putting time in the office.  Flight out at 6.
I'll be at the airport picking up my brother at 9:30. Need a ride?
That would be nice....but don't want to leave the car at $36/day.... :o
Are you flying into Newark?
Yes, car is at P-4 parking.
Shows what I know.
$36 a day?!?!  WTF, is that valet?  Long term parking at AUS is $7 per day.
It is in the parking tower (so covered) but not valet.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 10:55:11 AM
good morning Tony, Daves, and Mark. got the mower ready to go but everything is so fucking wet, so El Rey de Mundo and coffee instead.
Morning, DampDean.
if it doesn't rain again I may be able to mow before lunch.
That's the spirit. I have to stop on the way home today and pick up a new edger. Had one of the bump feed ones and it finally broke last year. Had a helluva run, though.
I have a Ryobi battery powered self feed. for what little I have it works fine, got the blower with it too. seems like all my power tools now are Ryobi with the interchangeable batteries.
TWSS!
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 10:55:45 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, Dave. Heading home today?
After putting time in the office.  Flight out at 6.
I'll be at the airport picking up my brother at 9:30. Need a ride?
That would be nice....but don't want to leave the car at $36/day.... :o
Are you flying into Newark?
Yes, car is at P-4 parking.
Shows what I know.
$36 a day?!?!  WTF, is that valet?  Long term parking at AUS is $7 per day.
It is in the parking tower (so covered) but not valet.
Is there a non-covered option that's cheaper? Cause if so, then I'd go with that in the future.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 17, 2018, 10:56:43 AM
good morning Tony, Daves, and Mark. got the mower ready to go but everything is so fucking wet, so El Rey de Mundo and coffee instead.
Morning, DampDean.
if it doesn't rain again I may be able to mow before lunch.
That's the spirit. I have to stop on the way home today and pick up a new edger. Had one of the bump feed ones and it finally broke last year. Had a helluva run, though.
I have a Ryobi battery powered self feed. for what little I have it works fine, got the blower with it too. seems like all my power tools now are Ryobi with the interchangeable batteries.
TWSS!
no rechargeable toys, sorry.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 17, 2018, 11:00:55 AM
nice buy for hurricane season here.
https://m.harborfreight.com/8750-Max-Starting7000-Running-Watts-13-HP-420cc-Generator-EPA-III-with-GFCI-Outlet-Protection-63086.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNDY5MzczMjciLCJza3UiOiI2MzA4NiIsImlzIjoiNTM5Ljk5IiwicHJvZHVjdF9p%0D%0AZCI6IjExOTA2In0%3D%0D%0A
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on May 17, 2018, 11:40:27 AM
nice buy for hurricane season here.
https://m.harborfreight.com/8750-Max-Starting7000-Running-Watts-13-HP-420cc-Generator-EPA-III-with-GFCI-Outlet-Protection-63086.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNDY5MzczMjciLCJza3UiOiI2MzA4NiIsImlzIjoiNTM5Ljk5IiwicHJvZHVjdF9p%0D%0AZCI6IjExOTA2In0%3D%0D%0A
Got remote start?
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on May 17, 2018, 11:40:54 AM
Being a supervisor boils down to three times the email.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 17, 2018, 11:44:01 AM
lively banter for the 4th Monday.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 17, 2018, 11:45:59 AM
nice buy for hurricane season here.
https://m.harborfreight.com/8750-Max-Starting7000-Running-Watts-13-HP-420cc-Generator-EPA-III-with-GFCI-Outlet-Protection-63086.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNDY5MzczMjciLCJza3UiOiI2MzA4NiIsImlzIjoiNTM5Ljk5IiwicHJvZHVjdF9p%0D%0AZCI6IjExOTA2In0%3D%0D%0A
Got remote start?
LOL. I only need the turn key to start. I'll run it in the garage and have it exhaust out the door.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 17, 2018, 11:47:03 AM
Being a supervisor boils down to three times the email.
any way to block them all and just say you didn't get the memo?
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 12:02:55 PM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, Dave. Heading home today?
After putting time in the office.  Flight out at 6.
I'll be at the airport picking up my brother at 9:30. Need a ride?
That would be nice....but don't want to leave the car at $36/day.... :o
Are you flying into Newark?
Yes, car is at P-4 parking.
Shows what I know.
$36 a day?!?!  WTF, is that valet?  Long term parking at AUS is $7 per day.
It is in the parking tower (so covered) but not valet.
Is there a non-covered option that's cheaper? Cause if so, then I'd go with that in the future.
Screw that, I'm not going to get rained on and take an extra half hour coming and going to save the company a few bucks.
As it is we're supposed to be using off site parking called "Parking Spot"
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 12:03:32 PM
Good Day ManagerRaz.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on May 17, 2018, 12:08:39 PM
Being a supervisor boils down to three times the email.
any way to block them all and just say you didn't get the memo?
Most of them are system alerts. If I did that there would be a mob with torches and baying for my blood.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 12:13:41 PM

Being a supervisor boils down to three times the email.
any way to block them all and just say you didn't get the memo?
Most of them are system alerts. If I did that there would be a mob with torches and baying for my blood.

And there isn't already?

Good day to you, Bret.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 12:29:56 PM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, Dave. Heading home today?
After putting time in the office.  Flight out at 6.
I'll be at the airport picking up my brother at 9:30. Need a ride?
That would be nice....but don't want to leave the car at $36/day.... :o
Are you flying into Newark?
Yes, car is at P-4 parking.
Shows what I know.
$36 a day?!?!  WTF, is that valet?  Long term parking at AUS is $7 per day.
It is in the parking tower (so covered) but not valet.
Is there a non-covered option that's cheaper? Cause if so, then I'd go with that in the future.
Screw that, I'm not going to get rained on and take an extra half hour coming and going to save the company a few bucks.
As it is we're supposed to be using off site parking called "Parking Spot"
So you're already kinda screwing the company and don't want to do it any more than you already do? Got it. ;)
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 12:47:40 PM
[...]
I'm pretty sure he's the one getting it in the end. (Debated the comma)
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 17, 2018, 12:52:51 PM
mowing, trimming, and clean up done. had to close windows and a/c on. 82°, real feel 90°, humidity 84%, dew point 77°. hot and sticky, only a 2 mph breeze.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 01:03:00 PM
mowing, trimming, and clean up done. had to close windows and a/c on. 82°, real feel 90°, humidity 84%, dew point 77°. hot and sticky, only a 2 mph breeze.
Seems unusual for Florida.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 17, 2018, 01:04:06 PM
mowing, trimming, and clean up done. had to close windows and a/c on. 82°, real feel 90°, humidity 84%, dew point 77°. hot and sticky, only a 2 mph breeze.
Seems unusual for Florida.
what's unusual is that I have my a/c on.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 17, 2018, 01:13:22 PM
mowing, trimming, and clean up done. had to close windows and a/c on. 82°, real feel 90°, humidity 84%, dew point 77°. hot and sticky, only a 2 mph breeze.
Seems unusual for Florida.
what's unusual is that I have my a/c on.
What's normal is the hot and sticky part(s).
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 17, 2018, 01:16:03 PM
[...]
Doesn't take direction well.  Bet you wouldn't catch him in a compact to mid-size rental car, either.  No less than standard for HighRollerDave.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 01:18:38 PM
[...]
If you're gonna throw money around, it may as well be someone else's.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 01:18:47 PM
mowing, trimming, and clean up done. had to close windows and a/c on. 82°, real feel 90°, humidity 84%, dew point 77°. hot and sticky, only a 2 mph breeze.
Seems unusual for Florida.
LALTS
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 01:46:18 PM
[...]
No, I'm financially responsible.  I stay within the $60/day meal budget, use designated hotels, rental cars and airlines, and book more than two weeks in advance (when I'm given two weeks advance notice), but I won't do two connections and four extra hours in airports to save them 1-2 hundred bucks, I won't stay in a Motel 6 and won't park in an off site place in Newark.  I've done coach seats to Australia and Asia, but enough is enough.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 01:48:33 PM
[...]
You're not helping there sunshine....I always rent mid-size from National.  Being Executive level, I get to pick whatever they have out there.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 01:49:38 PM
mowing, trimming, and clean up done. had to close windows and a/c on. 82°, real feel 90°, humidity 84%, dew point 77°. hot and sticky, only a 2 mph breeze.
Seems unusual for Florida.
what's unusual is that I have my a/c on.
What's normal is the hot and sticky part(s).
Dean or Florida?
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 17, 2018, 01:53:15 PM
[...]
National, Hertz, and Avis are for high rollers like you.  We unwashed masses rent from Thrifty, Enterprise, Dollar, and the like. But yes, no Motel 6. Those are for whores and meth heads.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 17, 2018, 01:53:44 PM
mowing, trimming, and clean up done. had to close windows and a/c on. 82°, real feel 90°, humidity 84%, dew point 77°. hot and sticky, only a 2 mph breeze.
Seems unusual for Florida.
what's unusual is that I have my a/c on.
What's normal is the hot and sticky part(s).
Dean or Florida?
Yes
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 02:03:45 PM
[...]
People throwing around money for whores and meth, must be a fancy place!
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 02:22:43 PM
mowing, trimming, and clean up done. had to close windows and a/c on. 82°, real feel 90°, humidity 84%, dew point 77°. hot and sticky, only a 2 mph breeze.
Seems unusual for Florida.
what's unusual is that I have my a/c on.
What's normal is the hot and sticky part(s).
Dean or Florida?
Yes
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 17, 2018, 02:22:45 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 02:23:45 PM
mowing, trimming, and clean up done. had to close windows and a/c on. 82°, real feel 90°, humidity 84%, dew point 77°. hot and sticky, only a 2 mph breeze.
Seems unusual for Florida.
what's unusual is that I have my a/c on.
What's normal is the hot and sticky part(s).
Dean or Florida?
Yes
I knew i should have caught up first before posting...
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 02:24:23 PM
Hazzuh!
Later, OHDave.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 02:26:42 PM
mowing, trimming, and clean up done. had to close windows and a/c on. 82°, real feel 90°, humidity 84%, dew point 77°. hot and sticky, only a 2 mph breeze.
Seems unusual for Florida.
what's unusual is that I have my a/c on.
What's normal is the hot and sticky part(s).
Dean or Florida?
Yes
I knew i should have caught up first before posting...
It's the thought that counts.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 02:27:06 PM
Off to the airport I go.  Later gents.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 02:28:56 PM
[...]
National and Enterprise are the same price!  (those are the two approved brands for us).  Except in Europe of course, then Hertz is significantly cheaper than either  (like 40 euro / day)
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 17, 2018, 02:29:36 PM
Bean, you've said nothing as to my theme this week.... :(
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 17, 2018, 02:48:14 PM
Bean, you've said nothing as to my theme this week.... :(
I'm not clear on the theme about beyond general female pulchritude. Against which I have no quarrel, mind you.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 17, 2018, 02:49:46 PM
[...]
You're wrong.  GFY.  (BLM/Antifa/MSNBC retort).
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on May 17, 2018, 06:00:18 PM
Rude reply lull.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 07:09:58 PM
Rude reply lull.
And it's not even Tuesday. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 17, 2018, 07:16:10 PM
Josh Belk talks decision to leave Clemson...

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article211333374.html
Title: Re: 5/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on May 17, 2018, 08:47:27 PM
I dropped off some leftover potatoe and ham soup to the water dept lady at the meeting. she just sent me a text that I can cook for her any day. I was hoping she'd offer me dessert but I came home to find the lady in the bedroom reading so the night isn't wasted.
hot tub being delivered tomorrow. woohoo!
good night.