Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Looks like I'm first Dave on duty....not a good sign.
Here to pick up some slack now.

Today's Birthdays: Comedy performer David Ossman is 80. Actor Patrick Bauchau is 78. Country singer Helen Cornelius is 75. Actor James Naughton is 71. Former Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood is 71. Rhythm-and-blues singer Frankie Beverly (Maze) is 70. Former Sen. Don Nickles, R-Okla., is 68. Actress JoBeth Williams is 68. Actor Tom Hulce is 63. Actor Wil Shriner is 63. Actor Kin Shriner is 63. Actor Miles Chapin is 62. Rock musician Rick Buckler (The Jam) is 61. Comedian Steven Wright is 61. Country singer Bill Lloyd is 61. Singer Tish Hinojosa is 61. Rock musician Peter Buck (R.E.M.) is 60. Rock musician David Lovering (Pixies) is 55. Actress Janine Turner is 54. Rock musician Ben Watt (Everything But The Girl) is 54. Writer-director Judd Apatow is 49. Rock musician Ulf "Buddha" Ekberg (Ace of Base) is 46. Writer-director Craig Brewer is 45. Actress Colleen Haskell is 40. Actress Lindsay Price is 40. Actress Ashley Madekwe is 35. Actress Nora Kirkpatrick is 32. Christian rock musician Jacob Chesnut (Rush of Fools) is 27

Thought for Today: "Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking." - William Butler Yeats, Irish Nobel Prize-winning poet (1865-1939).

Looks like I'm first Dave on duty....not a good sign.
Here to pick up some slack now.
Whew, I was getting a little worried there...
Morning Dave.

Looks like I'm first Dave on duty....not a good sign.
Here to pick up some slack now.
Whew, I was getting a little worried there...
Morning Dave.
I was sleeping in but you woke me up :(

Morning Elf Hunters

Looks like I'm first Dave on duty....not a good sign.
Here to pick up some slack now.
Whew, I was getting a little worried there...
Morning Dave.
I was sleeping in but you woke me up :(
Sleeping in?.....I'll say!  What, a two hour snooze alarm?
You taking off today?

Morning CarolinaDave.
Heck of a sinkhole in San Antonio yesterday.

December 6 is...........Saint Nicholas Day

St. Nicholas Day is today. Yes, there really was a christian Saint Nicholas. He lived in the country of Greece, just a couple hundred years after the birth of Christ. This day is in honor of Saint Nicholas and his life.

Saint Nicholas became a priest, and later, a Bishop of the early Catholic Church. True to the christian concept of giving up belongings and following Christ, St. Nicholas gave up all of his belongings. He was well known for giving to needy people, especially children. There are may stories and tales of him helping out children in need.

The practice of hanging up stockings originated with Saint Nicholas. As the ancient legend goes, Saint Nicholas was known to throw small bags of gold coins into the open windows of poor homes. After one bag of gold fell into the stocking of a child, news got around. Children soon began hanging their stocking by their chimneys "in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there".

It wasn't until the 1800's that the spirit of St. Nicholas' life evolved into the creation of Santa Claus. And, this happened  in America. Santa Claus emerged (or evolved) from the stories and legends of St. Nicholas. Santa Claus was kind and generous to children. Unlike "St. Nick", Santa Claus is largely a non-religious character.

Morning CarolinaDave.
Heck of a sinkhole in San Antonio yesterday.
That was a horrible deal, poor woman (a sheriffs  deputy off duty) that went in first drowned and the whole was caused by a large sewer leak thus she drowned in mostly sewage.

Up late last night, had to make a presentation at the City Council Meeting about 7:00 then a late dinner with my boss.  (Late for me anyway)

Looks like I'm first Dave on duty....not a good sign.
Here to pick up some slack now.
Whew, I was getting a little worried there...
Morning Dave.
I was sleeping in but you woke me up :(
Sleeping in?.....I'll say!  What, a two hour snooze alarm?
You taking off today?
Teaching a 2-day class and it does not start until 8:30.

Morning CarolinaDave.
Heck of a sinkhole in San Antonio yesterday.
That was a horrible deal, poor woman (a sheriffs  deputy off duty) that went in first drowned and the whole was caused by a large sewer leak thus she drowned in mostly sewage.
That's horrible. Definitely up there on my list of ways I don't want to die.

Morning CarolinaDave.
Heck of a sinkhole in San Antonio yesterday.
That was a horrible deal, poor woman (a sheriffs  deputy off duty) that went in first drowned and the whole was caused by a large sewer leak thus she drowned in mostly sewage.
That's horrible. Definitely up there on my list of ways I don't want to die.
For sure

Morning CarolinaDave.
Heck of a sinkhole in San Antonio yesterday.
That was a horrible deal, poor woman (a sheriffs  deputy off duty) that went in first drowned and the hole was caused by a large sewer leak thus she drowned in mostly sewage.
That's horrible. Definitely up there on my list of ways I don't want to die.
Excuse the wrong "whole", corrected
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11