CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: 11/10/2016  (Read 7056 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 11/10/2016
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2016, 05:06:36 PM »

USA Today Headline:

"White evangelicals just elected a thrice-married blasphemer"

Nope, no bitterness there....
Speaking as one of those white evangelicals, the problem with the media and the left is that they really don't understand Evangelicalism.   

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2016, 05:24:38 PM »

USA Today Headline:

Speaking as one of those white evangelicals, the problem with the media and the left is that they really don't understand Evangelicalism.
Just as they clearly don't understand the electorate.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2016, 05:37:06 PM »

USA Today Headline:

Indeed. Election Day 2016 will be remembered for apocalyptic levels of confirmation bias. The media, the left, and the Clinton campaign simply refused to believe any interpretation of the political climate but the one they wanted to see.  Game over.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2016, 05:38:01 PM »

dead man cigar: Park Avenue 44. yes, I know it's a Gurkha.

off to a meeting.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2016, 05:42:29 PM »

USA Today Headline:

Indeed. Election Day 2016 will be remembered for apocalyptic levels of confirmation bias. The media, the left, and the Clinton campaign simply refused to believe any interpretation of the political climate but the one they wanted to see.  Game over.
nothing in my experience going back to the 60's with Nixon/McCarthy/Viet Nam or Bill Clintons famous "I didn't have sexual relationds with Monica Lewinski. Oral sex isn't cheating", can I remember a more dirty, no issues, dysfunction election.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2016, 05:58:14 PM »

USA Today Headline:

nothing in my experience going back to the 60's with Nixon/McCarthy/Viet Nam or Bill Clintons famous "I didn't have sexual relationds with Monica Lewinski. Oral sex isn't cheating", can I remember a more dirty, no issues, dysfunction election.
Gary Hart to girl on boat, "I said you should suck my erection, not fuck my election!".

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2016, 06:10:35 PM »

take care guys, have a good Veterans Day tomorrow.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2016, 07:33:49 PM »

USA Today Headline:

There were issues, quite a few of them. But Donald Trump made the election about one issue: Donald Trump.  It was really a masterstroke of simplicity. Hillary was trying to be a politician, Trump approached the campaign like a reality TV show, and everybody was forced to vote on Donald Trump. Some voted for him because they believed in him. Some voted for him because he wasn't Hillary. Some voted for him because they were pissed at BLM, Miley Cyrus, Colin Kaepernick, Muslims, and everything else that the left endorsed or tolerated. 

The rest voted for Hillary because they couldn't stand Donald Trump.  Oh, there were a few hardcore Hillary lovers, but not that many. Most who voted for Hillary voted against Trump.

Turns out that outside the big urban areas, there were a lot of people pissed off at Hillary, Obama, and the left. A surprising number of them were women. And a surprising number of Blacks were not motivated to show up for Hillary. Game over.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2016, 10:28:43 PM »

dead man cigar: Park Avenue 44. yes, I know it's a Gurkha.

off to a meeting.
But I believe it's AJF, so not too bad.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2016, 10:31:12 PM »

USA Today Headline:

Gotta get the quote right....it's "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2016, 10:33:31 PM »

USA Today Headline:

Gotta get the quote right....it's "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

I also didn't have sexual relations with ANY woman.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2016, 10:38:37 PM »

USA Today Headline:

There were issues, quite a few of them. But Donald Trump made the election about one issue: Donald Trump.  It was really a masterstroke of simplicity. Hillary was trying to be a politician, Trump approached the campaign like a reality TV show, and everybody was forced to vote on Donald Trump. Some voted for him because they believed in him. Some voted for him because he wasn't Hillary. Some voted for him because they were pissed at BLM, Miley Cyrus, Colin Kaepernick, Muslims, and everything else that the left endorsed or tolerated. 

The rest voted for Hillary because they couldn't stand Donald Trump.  Oh, there were a few hardcore Hillary lovers, but not that many. Most who voted for Hillary voted against Trump.

Turns out that outside the big urban areas, there were a lot of people pissed off at Hillary, Obama, and the left. A surprising number of them were women. And a surprising number of Blacks were not motivated to show up for Hillary. Game over.
Good summary.  Couple more contributing factors...

Democrats took the rust belt/union/historically democratic areas for granted.  Not a lot of time in Michigan, never even visited Wisconsin.   

While The Donald is distasteful to a lot of folks, they were able to look beyond this knowing that he will deliver a more conservative Supreme Court which will pave the way to a lot of conservative gains.  Plus it can be as simple as Donald asked the Christian community for their support, Hillary never did.  Who are you going to go to the dance with?....someone you may like but doesn't ask you or someone that does? 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2016, 10:39:20 PM »

USA Today Headline:

At least not in recent memory... :-X

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2016, 10:40:06 PM »

USA Today Headline:

And of course the difference between you and Slick Willie....we believe you.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2016, 10:40:43 PM »

USA Today Headline:

Well yeah. I mean, I have obviously done it in the past. I just don't remember it anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]