Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

  • Administrator
8/24/2016
« on: August 24, 2016, 12:00:20 AM »

Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/24/2016
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 03:14:28 AM »

It looks like it's time for another Alka-Seltzer.  Having a stay at home wife sure causes allot heartburn.... ugh..!
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/24/2016
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 03:20:54 AM »

How kids interprets what is said to them...   My 4 year old grandson ran up to his dad and said, "Will you hook up the Game Cube to your tv in the bedroom...?"  My son said, "It's an older tv and you have to unhook the 3 wires (RYW) from the back of the tv, then attach the same color wires from the game cube to the tv.  But I'm busy at the moment and can't do it...!  Grandson runs to mommy....  Mommy, "Daddy said you have to disconnect 3 wires from the back of the tv, and hook up the Game Cube...!"
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/24/2016
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 03:35:57 AM »

A couple of months ago I had to go to the Dentist.  Ugh...!  1st visit.  Yes you have a bad tooth, make another visit.  2nd visit. You will need a root canal, or a root canal and a crown, or pull the tooth...!  Long pause.... Still long pause..... Still long pause.... Finally I said, "Are you going to suggest something...?"  Well, "It's up to you..."  Well, "What is best, I prefer not to have to pull the tooth...?"  Let's go with the root canal, and if you want the crown, you can get the crown.  So, make another visit for a root canal.  3rd visit.  Root canal started, and finished with some temporary filling.  Make another visit.  4th visit. Does root canal. Drill slips off the side of the tooth and drills into my tong.  He said it was my falt because I moved my tong in front of the drill.  But when I got home I realized he hadn't drilled into my tong, but drilled under my tong into that soft palet.  Places steel bar into tooth and applies temp filling.  Come back to replace the filling.  5 visit.  Removed temp filling, refills and I'm done.  But I say, "Well what about the crown...?  Ok, make another visit.  6 visit.  Drills off what he did except for the little steel bar and makes a cast.  Glues on temp crown.  Make another visit.  (temp crown fall off later that night..)  7th visit.  Glues in Crown. Finished.  One tooth, 7 visits...!  No wonder these Dentist are rich...!
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/24/2016
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 03:38:18 AM »

It's been another 6 months and I need to take the Honda Accord in for it's 2nd oil change next week.  It now has 1,850 miles and we've had it almost 1 year.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/24/2016
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 03:40:11 AM »

Ok, it's back to bed for me... Good night all...!  Oh, I did have a Prodomo Maduro Lot#23 last night, and I thought it was a good smoke....  I like the Lot #23's... night.

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 05:29:32 AM »

Looks like Dad had a party last night.

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 05:30:05 AM »

Happy Hump Day Neutral Genders.

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 05:31:16 AM »

Cigar Banter has a Morning Joe today.

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 05:57:53 AM »

Morning Drive Time, BBL

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 06:03:41 AM »

[...]
Um, sounds like you need a new dentist.

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 06:05:58 AM »

It's been another 6 months and I need to take the Honda Accord in for it's 2nd oil change next week.  It now has 1,850 miles and we've had it almost 1 year.
Did the service light come on?  Honda doesn't go by timing or necessarily miles.  The sensors will tell you when oil change or other actions are needed.

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 06:08:53 AM »

Today is Wednesday, Aug. 24, the 237th day of 2016. There are 129 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Aug. 24, A.D. 79, long-dormant Mount Vesuvius erupted, burying the Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum in volcanic ash; an estimated 20,000 people died.

On this date:

In 1572, the St. Bartholomew's Day massacre of French Protestants at the hands of Catholics began in Paris.

In 1814, during the War of 1812, British forces invaded Washington, D.C., setting fire to the Capitol (which was still under construction) and the White House, as well as other public buildings.

In 1821, the Treaty of Cordoba (kohr-DOH'-buh) was signed, granting independence to Mexico from Spanish rule.

In 1912, Congress passed a measure creating the Alaska Territory. Congress approved legislation establishing Parcel Post delivery by the U.S. Post Office Department, slated to begin on January 1, 1913.

In 1932, Amelia Earhart embarked on a 19-hour flight from Los Angeles to Newark, New Jersey, making her the first woman to fly solo, non-stop, from coast to coast.

In 1949, the North Atlantic Treaty came into force.

In 1954, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed the Communist Control Act, outlawing the Communist Party in the United States.

In 1968, France became the world's fifth thermonuclear power as it exploded a hydrogen bomb in the South Pacific.

In 1970, an explosives-laden van left by anti-war extremists blew up outside the University of Wisconsin's Sterling Hall in Madison, killing 33-year-old researcher Robert Fassnacht.

In 1981, Mark David Chapman was sentenced in New York to 20 years to life in prison for murdering John Lennon. (Chapman remains imprisoned.)

In 1989, Baseball Commissioner A. Bartlett Giamatti (juh-MAH'-tee) banned Pete Rose from the game for betting on his own team, the Cincinnati Reds.

In 1992, Hurricane Andrew smashed into Florida, causing $30 billion in damage; 43 U.S. deaths were blamed on the storm.

Ten years ago: The International Astronomical Union declared that Pluto was no longer a full-fledged planet, demoting it to the status of a "dwarf planet"; Patricia Tombaugh, the widow of Pluto discoverer Clyde Tombaugh, called the decision "disappointing" and "confusing."

Five years ago: A defiant Moammar Gadhafi vowed from hiding to fight on "until victory or martyrdom" and called on residents of the Libyan capital and loyal tribesmen across his North African nation to free Tripoli from the "devils and traitors" who had overrun it. Steve Jobs resigned as CEO of Apple Inc.; he was succeeded by Tim Cook. Mike Flanagan, a Cy Young winner and part of the Baltimore Orioles' 1983 World Series championship team, was found dead outside his home in Monkton, Maryland; he was 59.

One year ago: U.S. Airman Spencer Stone, National Guardsman Alek Skarlatos, their longtime friend Anthony Sadler and British businessman Chris Norman were presented with the Legion of Honor by French President Francois Hollande (frahn-SWAH' oh-LAWND'), who credited them with tackling a heavily armed attacker and preventing carnage on a high-speed train headed to Paris. Driver Justin Wilson, 37, died one day after he was struck in the head by a piece of debris during the Verizon IndyCar Series race at Pocono Raceway.

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 06:09:39 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Composer-musician Mason Williams is 78. Rhythm-and-blues singer Marshall Thompson (The Chi-Lites) is 74. Rock musician Ken Hensley is 71. Actress Anne Archer is 69. Actor Joe Regalbuto is 67. Actor Kevin Dunn is 61. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is 61. Actor-writer Stephen Fry is 59. Actor Steve Guttenberg is 58. Baseball Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr. is 56. Actor Jared Harris is 55. Talk show host Craig Kilborn is 54. CBS News correspondent Major Garrett is 54. Rock singer John Bush is 53. Actress Marlee Matlin is 51. Basketball Hall of Famer Reggie Miller is 51. Broadcast journalist David Gregory is 46. Country singer Kristyn Osborn (SHeDaisy) is 46. Movie director Ava DuVernay is 44. Actor-comedian Dave Chappelle is 43. Actor James D'Arcy is 43. Actor Carmine Giovinazzo is 43. Actor Alex O'Loughlin is 40. Actress Beth Riesgraf is 38. Actor Chad Michael Murray is 35. Christian rock musician Jeffrey Gilbert (Kutless) is 33. Singer Mika is 33. Actor Blake Berris is 32. Actor Rupert Grint ("Harry Potter" films) is 28.

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 06:10:33 AM »

Thought for Today: "Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things." - Lawrence D. Bell, American aircraft manufacturer (1894-1956).
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16