CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: 8/18/2016  (Read 15088 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 8/18/2016
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2016, 06:32:46 PM »

The State Department admitted Thursday that the US would not hand over $400 million in cash to Iran until it released four American hostages — two weeks after President Obama insisted the payment was not a “ransom.”

State Department spokesman John Kirby was asked at Thursday’s press briefing: “In basic English, you’re saying you wouldn’t give them $400 million in cash until the prisoners were released, correct?”

“That’s correct,” Kirby replied.

In an Aug. 4 press conference, President Obama said the opposite.
Who gives a fuck, they're released.

I do for one.
Because the bastards with do it again. And because there is nothing more insulting to the victims than for them to be used as political poker chips.
And they are holding another one right now!  Also they may be U,S.Citizens but they are also Iranian and in addition any dumbass that makes the choice of their own free will to go to those extremely dangerous places are doing so at their own risk.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2016, 06:33:01 PM »

I believe I will head home for a cigar and something to sip on.
Right behind you sir!
Not too close if he's shitting.
Not TexDave...thats CB, hopefully he's settled before I visit next week.
Nuthin' like bein' regular.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2016, 06:38:07 PM »

The State Department admitted Thursday that the US would not hand over $400 million in cash to Iran until it released four American hostages — two weeks after President Obama insisted the payment was not a “ransom.”

State Department spokesman John Kirby was asked at Thursday’s press briefing: “In basic English, you’re saying you wouldn’t give them $400 million in cash until the prisoners were released, correct?”

I do for one.
Because the bastards with do it again. And because there is nothing more insulting to the victims than for them to be used as political poker chips.
And they are holding another one right now!  Also they may be U,S.Citizens but they are also Iranian and in addition any dumbass that makes the choice of their own free will to go to those extremely dangerous places are doing so at their own risk.
Yes, but there's something to be said for the idea that if you harm an American Citizen, regardless of extraction, we'll make you bleed.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2016, 06:41:38 PM »

I do for one.
Yes, but there's something to be said for the idea that if you harm an American Citizen, regardless of extraction, we'll make you bleed.
No argument there but we the tax payers bled $400 million + associated  costs of getting them was all the bleeding that was done for their own stupidity.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2016, 06:54:21 PM »

I do for one.
No argument there but we the tax payers bled $400 million + associated  costs of getting them was all the bleeding that was done for their own stupidity.
No, the $400 mil belonged to Iran.  It was the $1.7 billion in interest that we paid that really pisses me off.  They took 50 hostages in '79, so we froze their assets, including that $400 mil.  Then, after 37 years of continuous misbehavior by Iran, including repeated hostage-taking, we give them their $400 mil and $1.7 billion in interest.  We guaranteed their investment when they were assholes.

But Obama wants to cozy up to Iran.  It suits his ideology. That it's a totally ridiculous ideology, and completely at odds with conventional liberal thought never crosses his mind.  This is what Commie Academia produces.

Obama's a putz.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2016, 07:02:11 PM »

I do for one.
No, the $400 mil belonged to Iran.  It was the $1.7 billion in interest that we paid that really pisses me off.  They took 50 hostages in '79, so we froze their assets, including that $400 mil.  Then, after 37 years of continuous misbehavior by Iran, including repeated hostage-taking, we give them their $400 mil and $1.7 billion in interest.  We guaranteed their investment when they were assholes.

But Obama wants to cozy up to Iran.  It suits his ideology. That it's a totally ridiculous ideology, and completely at odds with conventional liberal thought never crosses his mind.  This is what Commie Academia produces.

Obama's a putz.
And  if  you believe that it was the Iranians money bag of bullshit I would like to sell you my mountain property in the Everglades.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2016, 07:05:13 PM »

I do for one.

Obama's a putz.
And  F you believe that it was the Iranians money bag of bullshit I would like to sell you my mountain property in the Everglades.
Nah, it was money they paid us when the Shah was in power for the purchase of some fighter jets.  The deal wasn't completed, they took hostages, so we froze it. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2016, 08:31:36 PM »

You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!

Threebean

« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2016, 08:38:34 PM »

You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Actually McArthur was a blow hard self-aggrandizing crappy commander who excelled at taking credit for others accomplishments.

Threebean

« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2016, 08:39:32 PM »

Certainly not USA Today readers.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2016, 08:56:45 PM »

Actually McArthur was a blow hard self-aggrandizing crappy commander who excelled at taking credit for others accomplishments.
I thought we were quoting Rodney Dangerfield movies.

sfish

« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2016, 09:15:02 PM »

Sorry the rest of the guys don't appreciate a little Sam Kinison/Rodney scene

sfish

« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2016, 09:15:55 PM »

"Good teacher...really seems to care"

sfish

« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2016, 09:16:50 PM »

Not great but not a bad CI email "build a sampler" special, solid choices in there

Threebean

« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2016, 09:18:43 PM »

Sorry the rest of the guys don't appreciate a little Sam Kinison/Rodney scene
Yep, totally lost on me. Movie reference, please. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12