Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2016, 06:32:46 PM »

The State Department admitted Thursday that the US would not hand over $400 million in cash to Iran until it released four American hostages — two weeks after President Obama insisted the payment was not a “ransom.”

State Department spokesman John Kirby was asked at Thursday’s press briefing: “In basic English, you’re saying you wouldn’t give them $400 million in cash until the prisoners were released, correct?”

“That’s correct,” Kirby replied.

In an Aug. 4 press conference, President Obama said the opposite.
Who gives a fuck, they're released.

I do for one.
Because the bastards with do it again. And because there is nothing more insulting to the victims than for them to be used as political poker chips.
And they are holding another one right now!  Also they may be U,S.Citizens but they are also Iranian and in addition any dumbass that makes the choice of their own free will to go to those extremely dangerous places are doing so at their own risk.

« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2016, 06:33:01 PM »

I believe I will head home for a cigar and something to sip on.
Right behind you sir!
Not too close if he's shitting.
Not TexDave...thats CB, hopefully he's settled before I visit next week.
Nuthin' like bein' regular.

« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2016, 06:38:07 PM »

[...]

Yes, but there's something to be said for the idea that if you harm an American Citizen, regardless of extraction, we'll make you bleed.

« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2016, 06:41:38 PM »

[...]

No argument there but we the tax payers bled $400 million + associated  costs of getting them was all the bleeding that was done for their own stupidity.

« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2016, 06:54:21 PM »

[...]

No, the $400 mil belonged to Iran.  It was the $1.7 billion in interest that we paid that really pisses me off.  They took 50 hostages in '79, so we froze their assets, including that $400 mil.  Then, after 37 years of continuous misbehavior by Iran, including repeated hostage-taking, we give them their $400 mil and $1.7 billion in interest.  We guaranteed their investment when they were assholes.

But Obama wants to cozy up to Iran.  It suits his ideology. That it's a totally ridiculous ideology, and completely at odds with conventional liberal thought never crosses his mind.  This is what Commie Academia produces.

Obama's a putz.

« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2016, 07:02:11 PM »

[...]

And  if  you believe that it was the Iranians money bag of bullshit I would like to sell you my mountain property in the Everglades.

« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2016, 07:05:13 PM »

[...]

And  F you believe that it was the Iranians money bag of bullshit I would like to sell you my mountain property in the Everglades.
Nah, it was money they paid us when the Shah was in power for the purchase of some fighter jets.  The deal wasn't completed, they took hostages, so we froze it.

« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2016, 08:31:36 PM »

You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!

« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2016, 08:38:34 PM »

You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Actually McArthur was a blow hard self-aggrandizing crappy commander who excelled at taking credit for others accomplishments.

« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2016, 08:39:32 PM »

The State Department admitted Thursday that the US would not hand over $400 million in cash to Iran until it released four American hostages — two weeks after President Obama insisted the payment was not a “ransom.”

State Department spokesman John Kirby was asked at Thursday’s press briefing: “In basic English, you’re saying you wouldn’t give them $400 million in cash until the prisoners were released, correct?”

“That’s correct,” Kirby replied.

In an Aug. 4 press conference, President Obama said the opposite.
Who gives a fuck, they're released.
Certainly not USA Today readers.

« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2016, 08:56:45 PM »

You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Actually McArthur was a blow hard self-aggrandizing crappy commander who excelled at taking credit for others accomplishments.
I thought we were quoting Rodney Dangerfield movies.

« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2016, 09:15:02 PM »

You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Sorry the rest of the guys don't appreciate a little Sam Kinison/Rodney scene

« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2016, 09:15:55 PM »

You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
"Good teacher...really seems to care"

« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2016, 09:16:50 PM »

Not great but not a bad CI email "build a sampler" special, solid choices in there

« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2016, 09:18:43 PM »

You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Sorry the rest of the guys don't appreciate a little Sam Kinison/Rodney scene
Yep, totally lost on me. Movie reference, please.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12