Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2016, 09:18:44 PM »

You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Actually McArthur was a blow hard self-aggrandizing crappy commander who excelled at taking credit for others accomplishments.
I though that was the definition of "General."

« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2016, 09:24:04 PM »

You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Sorry the rest of the guys don't appreciate a little Sam Kinison/Rodney scene
Yep, totally lost on me. Movie reference, please.
Though I'll take a guess and say George C Scott in Dr. Strangelove.  No googling.

« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2016, 09:30:08 PM »

You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Actually McArthur was a blow hard self-aggrandizing crappy commander who excelled at taking credit for others accomplishments.
I thought we were quoting Rodney Dangerfield movies.

« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2016, 09:37:59 PM »

You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Actually McArthur was a blow hard self-aggrandizing crappy commander who excelled at taking credit for others accomplishments.
I thought we were quoting Rodney Dangerfield movies.
Nope.  Googled it, a less well known Rodney movie.

« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2016, 11:50:47 PM »

Not great but not a bad CI email "build a sampler" special, solid choices in there
I saw that too. I'd seriously consider it with free shipping.

« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2016, 11:53:34 PM »

Oh, and be prepared for a Friday jam.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2016, 11:57:45 PM »

In the fundamentalist school I attended, it was just Greek and Hebrew. But I pissed them off and they were happy for me to finish at Arizona, where my advisor was a catholic priest.  So I studied some Latin.

He hoped I'd convert and become a priest, but I like women too much.
You'd have to love little boys to become a priest.
That's why I'm not Catholic.
It's late when I'm getting around to reading this (watching Nats, Avo Nica Synchro ... thanks, Oy.) But I have to comment to at least give some perspective: fact - about 4% of priests offended (way too many, should have been 0), out of those, 80% were adult males on adolescent males (technically "ephebophelia"), so what does that tell you - it was a homosexual problem - letting these priests marry would not have been the solution, capiche?  When adult men came forward, explaining what happened to them and how it damaged them, it showed just how destructive sexual abuse of minors by adults really is.  That being said, every priest should have been given due process, because some greedy folks decided to cash in on the reparations bonanza and there were many priests that were falsely accused and lost their reputations, their lifelong vocations, plus their freedoms. Those who were guilty, you know what Jesus said their punishments would be. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.  Final point: I know many fine priests who live out their vocations spending themselves for the care of souls (many left girlfriends & fiancées behind in wrenching decisions when they believed they were being called ... they would have been good husbands and family men, so it was a huge sacrifice for them & their families do they could be undivided in their devotion to Christ & His Church). So please don't smear all Catholic priests with a broad brush, for the ugly criminal actions of a few.  FWIW: I was an altar boy from 3rd grade through HS and was never once approached in a sexual way.  Then I totally strayed during college and after, living like a baptized pagan, but that's another story.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]