CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: 6/29/2016  (Read 14072 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 6/29/2016
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2016, 11:34:51 PM »

Independence Day fireworks in our town this evening. Just barely got there on time but I'm glad I did. Nice show.
Today is June 29th. Independence Day is five days away.  Premature Combustulation?
It was supposed to be last night but it got rained out. They never do it ON the 4th.
They wanna be somewhere else on the 4th or get all the official duties out of the way so they can get the hell out of Dodge.
I think it costs more to bring the pyrotechnics in on the 4th too. Our local VFW foots the bill so I'm guessing that's the reason they do it so early.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2016, 11:39:53 PM »

Independence Day fireworks in our town this evening. Just barely got there on time but I'm glad I did. Nice show.
Today is June 29th. Independence Day is five days away.  Premature Combustulation?
It was supposed to be last night but it got rained out. They never do it ON the 4th.
They wanna be somewhere else on the 4th or get all the official duties out of the way so they can get the hell out of Dodge.
I think it costs more to bring the pyrotechnics in on the 4th too. Our local VFW foots the bill so I'm guessing that's the reason they do it so early.
Getting the most bang for their buck as it were.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2016, 11:43:29 PM »

Good one, Mike.

Threebean

« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2016, 11:46:47 PM »

Good one, Mike.
Indeed.  A fine CB'ism. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2016, 11:48:09 PM »

Good one, Mike.
Indeed.  A fine CB'ism.
Plus it's punny.

Threebean

« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2016, 11:49:26 PM »

All ours are on the actual 4th, since we live in 'Murica. 

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2016, 11:51:37 PM »

Good one, Mike.
Indeed.  A fine CB'ism.
Geez, didn't know I'd each such heights.  Or depths.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2016, 11:52:05 PM »

Wakeup Ehmerika!

Threebean

« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2016, 11:53:38 PM »

Good one, Mike.
Indeed.  A fine CB'ism.
Don't short change yourself, it always gets deep when you're around. 

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2016, 11:55:26 PM »

Good one, Mike.
Indeed.  A fine CB'ism.
Don't short change yourself, it always gets deep when you're around.
Like get out the shovel deep?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2016, 11:56:33 PM »

Texas is America? I just assumed y'all celebrated Cinco de Mayo instead.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2016, 11:59:33 PM »

Texas is America? I just assumed y'all celebrated Cinco de Mayo instead.
Barely.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]