CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: 6/14/2016  (Read 18636 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 6/14/2016
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 07:49:46 AM »

Florida defeated Florida State 7-0 last night to capture the final spot and only SEC spot for the College World Series (CWS).

The field is set and games begin Saturday afternoon in Omaha.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 07:52:25 AM »

What a bunch of condescending bullshit from our Executive Director, further proof they assume everybody below them is a moron.

All,

The events of the recent Pulse Nightclub, in Orlando, Florida, are a tragedy.  Our thoughts go out to the friends and families of the victims of this unfortunate act of terrorism.   I want to remind all of you about maintaining general situational awareness in public places at all times (such as being aware of your surroundings and knowing where exits are in buildings).  We are mindful that events like these can affect each and every one of us in different ways, leaving us feeling vulnerable or unsettled.  They can even bring back painful memories from other tragic events.   If you, or any of your loved ones, are experiencing stress or anxiety over this event, we encourage you to contact the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).  The EAP is completely confidential and you can access it from wherever you are,  24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Taking care of yourself during a stressful time is an important method for fighting the terror these type of acts are intended to provoke.  At a times like this, it is important to remember to take care of yourself and each other.   

Remember EAP is a free service provided to all  employees to help them cope with many different types of stress and conflict.  Please consider these services as the impact of this event continues to unfold.
Sounds like a great benefit to me. Howdy, TXDave.
It is a good program but it  has been around for 20+ years, and everybody is well aware of it, but really it is all the other bullshit that gets my ass.  "leaving us feeling vulnerable or unsettled"  give the MF'rs a participation trophy and move on.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 08:00:01 AM »

What a bunch of condescending bullshit from our Executive Director, further proof they assume everybody below them is a moron.

All,

The events of the recent Pulse Nightclub, in Orlando, Florida, are a tragedy.  Our thoughts go out to the friends and families of the victims of this unfortunate act of terrorism.   I want to remind all of you about maintaining general situational awareness in public places at all times (such as being aware of your surroundings and knowing where exits are in buildings).  We are mindful that events like these can affect each and every one of us in different ways, leaving us feeling vulnerable or unsettled.  They can even bring back painful memories from other tragic events.   If you, or any of your loved ones, are experiencing stress or anxiety over this event, we encourage you to contact the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).  The EAP is completely confidential and you can access it from wherever you are,  24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Taking care of yourself during a stressful time is an important method for fighting the terror these type of acts are intended to provoke.  At a times like this, it is important to remember to take care of yourself and each other.   

Remember EAP is a free service provided to all  employees to help them cope with many different types of stress and conflict.  Please consider these services as the impact of this event continues to unfold.
It is a good program but it  has been around for 20+ years, and everybody is well aware of it, but really it is all the other bullshit that gets my ass.  "leaving us feeling vulnerable or unsettled"  give the MF'rs a participation trophy and move on.
I was just trying to get your goat and take us to the next page.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 08:01:14 AM »

Dana Giacchetto, Former "Stockbroker to the Stars," Found Dead at 53

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dana-giacchetto-dead-stockbroker-stars-902383

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 08:01:47 AM »

I had homework to do last night but I didn't feel like doing it. Wonder if my boss will believe that the dog ate it?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 08:03:10 AM »

All,

I was just trying to get your goat and take us to the next page.
LOL, but it really is a good program.  I know someone in another office who was having some serious personal problems involving his family and he got some good help from them probably only hours before going over the cliff.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 08:03:13 AM »

Anyhoo, I need to get this presentation finished so I'll see y'all later.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 08:04:13 AM »

I had homework to do last night but I didn't feel like doing it. Wonder if my boss will believe that the dog ate it?
Just copy someone else's on the train before you get to work.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 08:04:37 AM »

Anyhoo, I need to get this presentation finished so I'll see y'all later.
Later Mayor, get-r-done!

sfish

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 08:11:04 AM »

It may be more believable that you ate it

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2016, 08:12:38 AM »

It may be more believable that you ate it
Some dumbass sat a chocolate donut on my speech and I accidentally consumed the speech with the donut, yummm good!

That should work.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 08:18:04 AM »

Good morning,  Cavs fans. Oh, they're off today. Good morning, everyone else.
I am rooting for Cleveland. I would love to see them come back.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2016, 08:21:00 AM »

New Torano dusted. It was the new purple. I liked the yellow better.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2016, 09:02:29 AM »

Morning walk completed and it is getting hot already!   Picked up a cup of Lavazza Decaf Expresso along the way.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2016, 09:09:07 AM »

Oliva V's at the Page and the prices STINK!

But they do have some very nice Ball Covers including a Honker version.  Also a Duck Leg Key Chain for only $5!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14