Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

  • Administrator
5/4/2016
« on: May 04, 2016, 12:01:10 AM »

Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 12:26:24 AM »

Morning dragger's

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 12:33:08 AM »

Picked up a verocu today. Ashton event in ritzy side of town. Wasn't buying any overpriced sticks though.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:36:19 AM »

I need to win the lottery so I can open my own shop.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 02:00:16 AM »

Door #1 looks yummy.

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 05:35:45 AM »

Morning Blue.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 05:53:40 AM »

Time to prepare myself for work and make the commute with my sack of Newbie Stars, better than turds I guess.

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 06:46:38 AM »

Morning Dave and Rick

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 06:55:28 AM »

Time to prepare myself for work and make the commute with my sack of Newbie Stars, better than turds I guess.
Boy, you've got some fucking nerve.

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 06:56:44 AM »

Morning Dave and Rick
Good morning, Scott.

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 07:16:33 AM »

I need to win the lottery so I can open my own shop.
Now there is a plan!

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 07:17:10 AM »

Time to prepare myself for work and make the commute with my sack of Newbie Stars, better than turds I guess.
Ooh.....shiny!

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 07:17:44 AM »

Morning Rick, SuperStarDave, Fishy and Mr. Mayor.

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 07:18:40 AM »

I need to win the lottery so I can open my own shop.
Now there is a plan!
I thought the same thing when I read it. Plus you wouldn't have to maintain a humidor.

Good morning, Dave.

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 07:19:07 AM »

Today is Wednesday, May 4, the 125th day of 2016. There are 241 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On May 4, 1916, Germany, responding to an ultimatum from President Woodrow Wilson, agreed to limit its submarine warfare. (However, Germany resumed unrestricted submarine warfare the following year.)

On this date:

In 1776, Rhode Island declared its freedom from England, two months before the Declaration of Independence was adopted.

In 1886, at Haymarket Square in Chicago, a labor demonstration for an 8-hour work day turned into a deadly riot when a bomb exploded.

In 1904, the United States took over construction of the Panama Canal from the French.

In 1932, mobster Al Capone, convicted of income-tax evasion, entered the federal penitentiary in Atlanta. (Capone was later transferred to Alcatraz Island.)

In 1942, the Battle of the Coral Sea, the first naval clash fought entirely with carrier aircraft, began in the Pacific during World War II. (The outcome was considered a tactical victory for Imperial Japan, but ultimately a strategic one for the Allies.)

In 1959, the first Grammy Awards ceremony was held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Domenico Modugno won Record of the Year and Song of the Year for "Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)"; Henry Mancini won Album of the Year for "The Music from Peter Gunn."

In 1961, the first group of "Freedom Riders" left Washington, D.C. to challenge racial segregation on interstate buses and in bus terminals.

In 1970, Ohio National Guardsmen opened fire during an anti-war protest at Kent State University, killing four students and wounding nine others.

In 1976, Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser announced that "Waltzing Matilda" would serve as his country's anthem at the upcoming Olympic Games.

In 1980, Marshal Josip Broz Tito, president of Yugoslavia, died three days before his 88th birthday.

In 1994, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and PLO leader Yasser Arafat signed an accord on Palestinian autonomy that granted self-rule in the Gaza Strip and Jericho.

In 2001, Bonny Lee Bakley, wife of actor Robert Blake, was shot to death as she sat in a car near a restaurant in Los Angeles. (Blake, accused of Bakley's murder, was acquitted in a criminal trial but found liable by a civil jury and ordered to pay damages.)

Ten years ago: A federal judge sentenced Zacarias Moussaoui (zak-uh-REE'-uhs moo-SOW'-ee) to life in prison for his role in the 9/11 attacks, telling the convicted terrorist, "You will die with a whimper." The U.S. military released unflattering video footage of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi (AH'-boo MOO'-sahb ahl-zahr-KOW'-ee) in which the al-Qaida leader was seen wearing American tennis shoes and fumbling with his automatic rifle.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama said he had decided not to release death photos of terrorist Osama bin Laden because their graphic nature could incite violence and create national security risks. Officials told The Associated Press that the Navy SEALs who'd stormed bin Laden's compound in Pakistan shot and killed him after they saw him appear to lunge for a weapon. Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin was named the Rookie of the Year, becoming the NBA's first unanimous choice for the award in 21 years. Actress Mary Murphy, 80, died in Beverly Hills, California.

One year ago: Former technology executive Carly Fiorina and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson joined the rapidly expanding 2016 Republican presidential class, casting themselves as political outsiders in underdog campaigns, eager to challenge the elite of both parties. Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors was named winner of the NBA Most Valuable Player award. Ellen Albertini Dow, a feisty character actress best known for her salty rendition of "Rapper's Delight" in "The Wedding Singer," died in Los Angeles at age 101.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12