Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2016, 04:12:38 PM »

Hello Sly, long time since we heard from you.
hi tr, hard to stay on for real conversation, something comes up like the laptop seizing up or a long phone call ...
(like now old gf calls up to yak ... usually she goes on for 1 hr.).  good day for dc sports yesterday ... caps won playoffs with philly
and nats won series with mn in 16 inning game ... last night had a sl bull ... pretty strong.
Afternoon SLY.  Quarterbacks in the sports news - Brady deflategate, Sheesh! and Johnny beatyourdate, Double Sheesh!
Hey CB, I don't believe in Karma, so to speak, but the principle in "what you sow, is what you reap" is very similar and is universal.
So, what were these talented QB's could have been thinking?  Probably the same thing we do when eating a third piece of pizza and 3rd beer
and thinking we we'il magically avoid the consequences.  No great love for cheatin' Brady, but having watched Johnny in college, I was looking forward
to see what he could do in the pros ... what a disappointment.  Brady is arguably one of the  best QB's in the pros on arguably one of the best NFL  teams,
and yet feels he must do something illegal (in football) to get a competitive advantage really makes me sick to my stomach ... I wish he would just man up,
admit what he did, be sorry for it, and do the penance like a man.  I'd  have more respect for him, then.  You heading to CFest this  year CB?
No CFest for me this year.  Bummed of course but thats the way the ol' cookie crumbled.  Just too far away for a short stay.
I hear ya CB...  I think it would be close to 1,000 miles for me.  If I was going to drive that far, I would be heading towards Colorado.... yaaa man...!
Skiing/snowboarding, BD?
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 4/25/2016
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2016, 04:33:11 PM »

Back to work, shit Retirment is hard work I might need to rethink this plan.
Did you retire already...?
Just for the day, practice day.
Sorry to say, "You don't get a day off from retirement."  Just make sure you have enough money saved to pay bills for yourself, kids, family members, and close friends.  Also, when they say, "I'll pay you back," that actually means, "I have no intentions of paying you back."  I'm still waiting for a $4,000 loan to my brother from 18 years ago, and he's a very upright religious minister.  I guess he misunderstood when I said pay, he must have thought I said, pray it back to me.
BD, my condolences ... I'm in the middle of something like that myself.  Have you tried sending him a simple note?  Phone conversation is more difficult, they can hang up, dispute what you're saying ... on paper, you can lay out the specifics of your case, then they have to read it and think about it first ... rather than lashing out irrationally on the phone.  Hope you get a good response.  Of course forgiving the debt also gets rid of it.   ... see you guys later ... have too much to do ... would love to go to CFest at least to meet up with the guys ... have to prepare for a move ...
My brother's never had much money ever since he became a minister, so I just sort of wrote it off.  It's pretty hard to get money from some one that doesn't have it.  The funny thing was, he took a free over the road truck driving course with a commitment of working for them for 1 year.  That way he would have a better paying job (yeah..!)  Other wise you would have to pay the price of the course which was $4,000.  He got his license, and started working.  One day they filled his trailer up with beer.  His religion doesn't believe in drinking, so he refused to take the load.  So he quit.  Ding, Ding... $4,000 please so I don't get my ass sued off...
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 4/25/2016
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2016, 04:34:38 PM »

[...]
No, for the recreational smoking....  ;)

« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2016, 04:38:07 PM »

@ Sly - you tried a Tat Black yet?

« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2016, 05:51:16 PM »

I've been thinking about retiring my toaster oven.  I'm looking at the Breville Smart Oven or the Cuisinart 260N Chef's Toaster.  The Breville has like 1000 5 star rating, but 10 or 15, "it broke within the first 3 months.." Yikes...  Of course, that's the one I want, but the Cuisinart has a much better warrantee which makes you think it's a better product...
Had a Breville Mini Smart Toaster oven for about six months. Use for toast (of all things) and warming stuff up.  So far so good.

« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2016, 06:16:52 PM »

If retirement is as fun as the practice I can't wait!

« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2016, 06:18:13 PM »

[...]
Send him a note suggesting he read Romans 13:8.

Help of the day from the Banter's licensed minister.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 4/25/2016
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2016, 06:21:42 PM »

I've been thinking about retiring my toaster oven.  I'm looking at the Breville Smart Oven or the Cuisinart 260N Chef's Toaster.  The Breville has like 1000 5 star rating, but 10 or 15, "it broke within the first 3 months.." Yikes...  Of course, that's the one I want, but the Cuisinart has a much better warrantee which makes you think it's a better product...
Had a Breville Mini Smart Toaster oven for about six months. Use for toast (of all things) and warming stuff up.  So far so good.
Thanks...

« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2016, 06:34:04 PM »

[...]

The Right Reverend Raz?

« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2016, 06:46:43 PM »

[...]

Nothing right about me, but I can use the title Reverend.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 4/25/2016
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2016, 06:51:00 PM »

[...]

Thanks.  I think my real problem is, I put too much expectations on what I think a minister should be, and then I'm let down when I realize they are human just like everyone else.  It reminds me of when I was in the Army.  At a totally nude strip club, sitting at the dancer stage was no other than the Baptist Chaplin.  Again, what bothered me was I knew he was a pretty strict minister, and had also reported me to the 1st Sargent for not properly returning a salute. Drunk, smoking a cigar, and trying to cop a feels from the girls while tipping them.  I said, "Hey, your the Chaplin, are you sure your in the right place.."  His response was, "Everyone has to let their hair down some times...!"  Ya know, 40 years later and that thought still bothers me. But I don't know why, I was there too, and I didn't even like the guy...

« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2016, 07:56:10 PM »

[...]

The eternal quandary. Not perfect, but forgiven...however, ministers of the gospel do answer for a higher standard - both to God and man. If you're going to wear the title, you're going to answer for it.

« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2016, 08:18:47 PM »

[...]

Talk about pressure. I'm stressed enough about answering to "daddy".

« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2016, 09:23:37 PM »

[...]

Well, not to get all religious or anything, but righteousness isn't about what you do, but who you know. Read this today from a guy named Criss Jami: "While men always, in their hearts, delight in vengeance for being wronged, God is the only Being who wants to free you from the penalty of His own laws."

But...enough said on this matter. Y'all aren't my congregation and we aren't here for my absolution. ;-)

« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2016, 09:35:22 PM »

But...enough said on this matter. Y'all aren't my congregation and we aren't here for my absolution. ;-)
We might be?

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12