« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2016, 08:50:43 AM »

I swear I am going to include a Fuk'n sound-proof hair drying room in the retirement home.
You retire from work, not from your spouse
Quite the contrary, in fact.
Dyson makes fabulous vacuum cleaners that  are only about half as noisy as most others so WTF can't they make a damn hair dryer too?  Just like vacuums, every house has at least one.
Sounds like a good retirement pursuit.  Necessity is the mother of...etc.
I am a concrete and asphalt oriented safety engineer and all I know about electricity is Don't Fuk With It!

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2016, 08:53:11 AM »

Looks like the hopeful retirement boat and associated weekend "no warden included" trip to South Padre Island is a no-go.

Talked to the guy last night and nice guy but too many conflicts in his assessment along with saying he has to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday so can only show it Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday which is probably true but he is not too anxious to sell it.

Asked him to confirm the advertised engine hours were a total of 300 and not 300 after a rebuild or something.  Answer:  well the hours are actually closer to 450.
He was only off by 50%, no big deal.
Yeah, that seemed to be his thought too.  Sort of a magic number with outboard motors is 500 hours, they will last double that or more if well maintained but there is a big diminishing value at that point.

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2016, 09:02:23 AM »

Looks like the hopeful retirement boat and associated weekend "no warden included" trip to South Padre Island is a no-go.

Talked to the guy last night and nice guy but too many conflicts in his assessment along with saying he has to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday so can only show it Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday which is probably true but he is not too anxious to sell it.

Asked him to confirm the advertised engine hours were a total of 300 and not 300 after a rebuild or something.  Answer:  well the hours are actually closer to 450.
Too bad Jeep didn't make boats back in the 70's or you'd have one of those already.

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2016, 09:02:59 AM »

 ::)

Guess Where:

The blowout of the Decade. Literally. Rocky Patel Decade ruination, 40% off!

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2016, 09:04:17 AM »

Looks like the hopeful retirement boat and associated weekend "no warden included" trip to South Padre Island is a no-go.

Talked to the guy last night and nice guy but too many conflicts in his assessment along with saying he has to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday so can only show it Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday which is probably true but he is not too anxious to sell it.

Asked him to confirm the advertised engine hours were a total of 300 and not 300 after a rebuild or something.  Answer:  well the hours are actually closer to 450.
Too bad Jeep didn't make boats back in the 70's or you'd have one of those already.
???

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2016, 09:05:33 AM »

::)

Guess Where:

The blowout of the Decade. Literally. Rocky Patel Decade ruination, 40% off!
At least they didn't forget the camo offerings.

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2016, 09:11:32 AM »

Looks like a big-time drug hit up in CB's neck of the woods.

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2016, 09:26:12 AM »

I swear I am going to include a Fuk'n sound-proof hair drying room in the retirement home.
You retire from work, not from your spouse
Well.....

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2016, 09:28:11 AM »

I swear I am going to include a Fuk'n sound-proof hair drying room in the retirement home.
You retire from work, not from your spouse
Quite the contrary, in fact.
Dyson makes fabulous vacuum cleaners that  are only about half as noisy as most others so WTF can't they make a damn hair dryer too?  Just like vacuums, every house has at least one.
Sounds like a niche waiting for some entrepreneur to fill it.  Could make you millions QuietBlowDave.

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2016, 09:34:37 AM »

I swear I am going to include a Fuk'n sound-proof hair drying room in the retirement home.
You retire from work, not from your spouse
Quite the contrary, in fact.
Dyson makes fabulous vacuum cleaners that  are only about half as noisy as most others so WTF can't they make a damn hair dryer too?  Just like vacuums, every house has at least one.
Sounds like a niche waiting for some entrepreneur to fill it.  Could make you millions QuietBlowDave.
I know.  Tried to tell him that myself.  Imagine the infomercials staring TxDave hisself!  But apparently if it's not made from asphalt or concrete, he's not interested.

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2016, 09:35:50 AM »

Morning Mayor
Good morning, Dave. You both were trying to help out the site in Chip's absence and I appreciate that.
Morning Mr. Mayor. One would think the Daves would be better coordinated.  Sheesh.
We are usually on the same page, what's your complaint now?

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2016, 09:36:18 AM »

Morning Mr Mayor and Mr. Bean

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2016, 09:36:21 AM »

I swear I am going to include a Fuk'n sound-proof hair drying room in the retirement home.
You retire from work, not from your spouse
Quite the contrary, in fact.
Dyson makes fabulous vacuum cleaners that  are only about half as noisy as most others so WTF can't they make a damn hair dryer too?  Just like vacuums, every house has at least one.
Sounds like a niche waiting for some entrepreneur to fill it.  Could make you millions QuietBlowDave.
I know.  Tried to tell him that myself.  Imagine the infomercials staring TxDave hisself!  But apparently if it's not made from asphalt or concrete, he's not interested.
You finance it and I will get it built.

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2016, 09:37:40 AM »

Markets Open

DOW.   -43

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2016, 09:43:23 AM »

Good morning, gents. Anyone happen to know what happened on this day in history?
Not a clue, morning Tony
Isn't that most mornings?