Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 4/25/2016
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2016, 03:18:02 PM »

Back to work, shit Retirment is hard work I might need to rethink this plan.
Did you retire already...?
Just for the day, practice day.
Sorry to say, "You don't get a day off from retirement."  Just make sure you have enough money saved to pay bills for yourself, kids, family members, and close friends.  Also, when they say, "I'll pay you back," that actually means, "I have no intentions of paying you back."  I'm still waiting for a $4,000 loan to my brother from 18 years ago, and he's a very upright religious minister.  I guess he misunderstood when I said pay, he must have thought I said, pray it back to me.

« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2016, 03:27:56 PM »

Back to work, shit Retirment is hard work I might need to rethink this plan.
Did you retire already...?
Just for the day, practice day.
Sorry to say, "You don't get a day off from retirement."  Just make sure you have enough money saved to pay bills for yourself, kids, family members, and close friends.  Also, when they say, "I'll pay you back," that actually means, "I have no intentions of paying you back."  I'm still waiting for a $4,000 loan to my brother from 18 years ago, and he's a very upright religious minister.  I guess he misunderstood when I said pay, he must have thought I said, pray it back to me.
Pray for those 4000 lost sheep - lost to you.

« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2016, 03:30:25 PM »

Hello Sly, long time since we heard from you.
hi tr, hard to stay on for real conversation, something comes up like the laptop seizing up or a long phone call ...
(like now old gf calls up to yak ... usually she goes on for 1 hr.).  good day for dc sports yesterday ... caps won playoffs with philly
and nats won series with mn in 16 inning game ... last night had a sl bull ... pretty strong.
Afternoon SLY.  Quarterbacks in the sports news - Brady deflategate, Sheesh! and Johnny beatyourdate, Double Sheesh!
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2016, 03:30:38 PM »

If you bought a box of cigar that came in a wooden box.  Do you think you could place one of those  Drymistat Crystal Humidification sticks into it (they are the size of a cigar and humidity 25 cigar), and it would keep the cigars fresh in their orginal box..?
Not sure how well that would work long-term, since the cigar box isn't likely to be air tight, and the humidity would be lost.
Mmmm, maybe wrap it in kitchen plastic wrap..  It's just a short term thought...
BD, just trying to read up on the banter.  If my cigars come in a nice wooden box with that great aroma of Spanish cedar, I will try to slide it into a gallon zip-loc (with the humi-pak or humi-element in the box), if the box is bigger, I shop around for the 2 gallon sized zip-loc bags (different brands), sometimes hard to find.  Otherwise, if the box dimensions will not allow it to fit in 1 or two gallon sized zip-locs or hefty, I'll put the cigars in the gallon zip loc with a nice piece of the Spanish cedar (a separator sheet or something similar) and humidification element.
Thanks...  It looks like it comes in a nice Spanish wood cigar box.  I just don't have enough room in my humidors for 24 cigars.  I was thinking of maybe bidding on a box, but didn't want to do it without some short term solution.  It's the Acid Cold Fusion.  https://www.famous-smoke.com/search?kw=Acid Cold Fusion
With a 44 ring gauge, I'll bet that box will fit in a gallon zip loc, BD.

« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2016, 03:39:27 PM »

Back to work, shit Retirment is hard work I might need to rethink this plan.
Did you retire already...?
Just for the day, practice day.
Sorry to say, "You don't get a day off from retirement."  Just make sure you have enough money saved to pay bills for yourself, kids, family members, and close friends.  Also, when they say, "I'll pay you back," that actually means, "I have no intentions of paying you back."  I'm still waiting for a $4,000 loan to my brother from 18 years ago, and he's a very upright religious minister.  I guess he misunderstood when I said pay, he must have thought I said, pray it back to me.
Fortunately I don't have any of those problems to deal with.  I don't ever loan to friends and all the family I got is one son and one brother.  Son is a very successful lawyer and my brother a very successful Doctor so both are stand up folks.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 4/25/2016
« Reply #140 on: April 25, 2016, 03:44:10 PM »

[...]
I bet it will...
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2016, 03:45:11 PM »

Hello Sly, long time since we heard from you.
hi tr, hard to stay on for real conversation, something comes up like the laptop seizing up or a long phone call ...
(like now old gf calls up to yak ... usually she goes on for 1 hr.).  good day for dc sports yesterday ... caps won playoffs with philly
and nats won series with mn in 16 inning game ... last night had a sl bull ... pretty strong.
Afternoon SLY.  Quarterbacks in the sports news - Brady deflategate, Sheesh! and Johnny beatyourdate, Double Sheesh!
Hey CB, I don't believe in Karma, so to speak, but the principle in "what you sow, is what you reap" is very similar and is universal.
So, what were these talented QB's could have been thinking?  Probably the same thing we do when eating a third piece of pizza and 3rd beer
and thinking we we'il magically avoid the consequences.  No great love for cheatin' Brady, but having watched Johnny in college, I was looking forward
to see what he could do in the pros ... what a disappointment.  Brady is arguably one of the  best QB's in the pros on arguably one of the best NFL  teams,
and yet feels he must do something illegal (in football) to get a competitive advantage really makes me sick to my stomach ... I wish he would just man up,
admit what he did, be sorry for it, and do the penance like a man.  I'd  have more respect for him, then.  You heading to CFest this  year CB?
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 4/25/2016
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2016, 03:45:27 PM »

[...]
Then it sounds like your ready for retirement, and coupon clipping... :)

« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2016, 03:53:07 PM »

[...]
No CFest for me this year.  Bummed of course but thats the way the ol' cookie crumbled.  Just too far away for a short stay.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 4/25/2016
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2016, 04:00:55 PM »

[...]
I hear ya CB...  I think it would be close to 1,000 miles for me.  If I was going to drive that far, I would be heading towards Colorado.... yaaa man...!

« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2016, 04:03:16 PM »

Jericho Hill lit.

« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2016, 04:05:22 PM »

[...]
500 plus miles driving by my lonesome.  Sure enjoy being there and visiting with our fellow BOTL.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 4/25/2016
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2016, 04:07:52 PM »

I've been thinking about retiring my toaster oven.  I'm looking at the Breville Smart Oven or the Cuisinart 260N Chef's Toaster.  The Breville has like 1000 5 star rating, but 10 or 15, "it broke within the first 3 months.." Yikes...  Of course, that's the one I want, but the Cuisinart has a much better warrantee which makes you think it's a better product...
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2016, 04:08:48 PM »

Back to work, shit Retirment is hard work I might need to rethink this plan.
Did you retire already...?
Just for the day, practice day.
Sorry to say, "You don't get a day off from retirement."  Just make sure you have enough money saved to pay bills for yourself, kids, family members, and close friends.  Also, when they say, "I'll pay you back," that actually means, "I have no intentions of paying you back."  I'm still waiting for a $4,000 loan to my brother from 18 years ago, and he's a very upright religious minister.  I guess he misunderstood when I said pay, he must have thought I said, pray it back to me.
BD, my condolences ... I'm in the middle of something like that myself.  Have you tried sending him a simple note?  Phone conversation is more difficult, they can hang up, dispute what you're saying ... on paper, you can lay out the specifics of your case, then they have to read it and think about it first ... rather than lashing out irrationally on the phone.  Hope you get a good response.  Of course forgiving the debt also gets rid of it.   ... see you guys later ... have too much to do ... would love to go to CFest at least to meet up with the guys ... have to prepare for a move ...

« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2016, 04:10:45 PM »

Markets Closed

DOW.   -25.51
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12