Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2016, 07:51:05 AM »

RETIRE:  281 Days

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 07:53:38 AM »

News to cheer up the Flipster:

Gurkha Shaggy Returns in Limited Fashion

One of the most famous Gurkha releases of all-time is back. Earlier this month, the company released the Gurkha Shaggy, a cigar that was first introduced in 2001. The four-size line uses a six-year-old Dominican habano wrapper over a Nicaraguan binder and Nicaraguan filler. Shaggy is being made by Fidel Olivas at his Tabacos San Rafael S.A. factory in Estelí, Nicaragua. It’s offered in Churchill (7 x 48, $9), Robusto (5 x 50, $8), Toro (6 x 50, $8.50) and XO (6 x 60, $10). “In my travels throughout the country, visiting our clients and other tobacco shops, I’m always asked about the Shaggy cigar,” said Juan Lopez, Gurkha’s national sales director, in a press release. “People want to know what happened to the Shaggy and when is it coming out again? On a recent visit to our factory in Nicaragua, Carlos Llaca-Torano, Operations Director, was taking inventory when he came across a few boxes of the Shaggy. The Olivas Family, the original creator of the Shaggy, still had the recipe in their books from 2001

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 07:55:40 AM »

[...]

I knew there was a reason I liked that cigar...

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2016, 07:56:09 AM »

sorry, back to work for me.

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2016, 07:59:03 AM »

[...]

And with a $8-10 retail they should be available on the Daily Deals for around 50 Cents to a dollar with Free Shipping.

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2016, 08:11:07 AM »

Anyone else predicting a shit-show on the page today?

Actually haven't had a scorcher in quite awhile
Maybe we'll have a knife, fleece and kitchenware scorcher?
Been over a month since the last Scorcher.    Springtime should be offering up some more lawn chairs soon.
Or some LSU caps.

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2016, 08:12:27 AM »

[...]

You really think they can "recreate" it?

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2016, 08:14:14 AM »

Anyone else predicting a shit-show on the page today?

Actually haven't had a scorcher in quite awhile
Maybe we'll have a knife, fleece and kitchenware scorcher?
Been over a month since the last Scorcher.    Springtime should be offering up some more lawn chairs soon.
My oven mitts shipped from last Friday's deal

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 08:27:00 AM »

I honestly don't think I've ever smoked a Torano, are there any good ones?

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 08:28:29 AM »

I honestly don't think I've ever smoked a Torano, are there any good ones?
Only had a couple of them but I would classify them as smoke able, yard or fishing gar maybe.

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2016, 08:44:48 AM »

Mornin', guys.

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2016, 08:54:14 AM »

I honestly don't think I've ever smoked a Torano, are there any good ones?
I would put it on par with a Cusano. Nothing to write home about.

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2016, 08:56:31 AM »

I honestly don't think I've ever smoked a Torano, are there any good ones?
I like this one, the Exodus 50 Years, Gold isn't bad. Loyal is a decent yard gar, and Reserva Decadencia is an infused I would admit to smoking....a nice dessert cigar with port.

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2016, 08:57:39 AM »

I honestly don't think I've ever smoked a Torano, are there any good ones?
I would put it on par with a Cusano. Nothing to write home about.
I respectfully disagree, a couple of steps up from Cusano.  Some are very average, but a few have some nice flavors and good characteristics.

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2016, 09:02:12 AM »

  9  Perdomo Champagne Sungrown   Robusto  (5.0 x 54)
           5/22.50
  8  Carlos Torano Exodus "50 Years"  Robusto  (5.0 x 50)
          10/34.99
  7  Nica Rustica by Drew Estate  El Brujito   Toro  (6.0 x 52)
           5/25.00
  6  Romeo y Julieta Reserve  Churchill  (7.0 x 54)
         10/39.50
  5  La Antiguedad by My Father   Robusto  (5.2 x 52)
          5/34.50
  4  Oliva Connecticut Reserve  Toro  (6.0 x 50)
         10/39.99
  3  Diamond Crown Julius Caeser   Toro  (6.0 x 52)
          3/37.25
  2  Diesel Unlimited  d.5  (5.5 x 54)
         10/34.50
  1  Tatuaje 10 year Anniversary  Belle Encre  Perfecto  (5.4 x 52)
          5/34.99
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11