CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: 4/11/2016  (Read 14992 times)

CigarBanter

• Administrator
  • Senior Status
4/11/2016
« on: April 11, 2016, 12:00:29 AM »

Happy Monday! Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
Re: 4/11/2016
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 12:46:14 AM »

Happy Monday. Good Morning All. I hope you had a great weekend.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 12:48:40 AM »

Mayor T. on Spring break.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 05:37:38 AM »

Sheesh!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 05:39:56 AM »

Monday Fuk'n Morning, electricity went out sometime during the night but back on now, rebooted the Uverse TV 3 times and it still does not work, coffee maker did not turn itself on before I got up, what next?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 05:43:13 AM »

LMFAO, but sad.  Sister has Pudgy Monsters for $85.50 when others have been trying to get rid of them for $70 for several months now. ::)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 05:52:47 AM »

Now that it is time to go to work Finally got the U-verse working again.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 05:53:35 AM »

Morning to you sleepy heads when you finally wake up!  BBL

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 05:54:38 AM »

Monday Fuk'n Morning, electricity went out sometime during the night but back on now, rebooted the Uverse TV 3 times and it still does not work, coffee maker did not turn itself on before I got up, what next?
Oh crap, office meeting was supposed to be last Monday and they moved it to today! 

Now what next?????

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 06:23:16 AM »

Sounds like a real Monday to me.
PS....don't ask the what's next.   You might get an answer.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 06:23:37 AM »

Oh crap, office meeting was supposed to be last Monday and they moved it to today! 

Now what next?????
Told ya.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 06:24:22 AM »

Morning Rick and WhatsNextDave.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 06:24:28 AM »

Now what next?????
Your meeting.
'morning Tex

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 06:26:54 AM »

Morning Rick and WhatsNextDave.
Morning Dave. I have a meeting every shift change. It's more of an argument of the minds.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 06:27:16 AM »

Today is Monday, April 11, the 102nd day of 2016. There are 264 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On April 11, 1966, Frank Sinatra recorded the song "Strangers in the Night" for his label, Reprise Records.

On this date:

In 1689, William III and Mary II were crowned as joint sovereigns of Britain.

In 1713, the Treaty of Utrecht was signed, ending the War of the Spanish Succession.

In 1865, President Abraham Lincoln spoke to a crowd outside the White House, saying, "We meet this evening, not in sorrow, but in gladness of heart." (It was the last public address Lincoln would deliver.)

In 1921, Iowa became the first state to impose a cigarette tax, at 2 cents a package.

In 1945, during World War II, American soldiers liberated the Nazi concentration camp Buchenwald in Germany.

In 1951, President Harry S. Truman relieved Gen. Douglas MacArthur of his commands in the Far East.

In 1965, dozens of tornadoes raked six Midwestern states on Palm Sunday, killing 271 people.

In 1970, Apollo 13, with astronauts James A. Lovell, Fred W. Haise and Jack Swigert, blasted off on its ill-fated mission to the moon.

In 1979, Idi Amin was deposed as president of Uganda as rebels and exiles backed by Tanzanian (tan-zuh-NEE'-uhn) forces seized control.

In 1989, Mexican officials began unearthing the remains of victims of a drug-trafficking cult near Matamoros; one of the dead was University of Texas student Mark Kilroy, who had disappeared while on spring break. (Several cult members were later convicted of premeditated murder and sentenced to 50 years in prison.)

In 1991, the musical "Miss Saigon," which sparked controversy over charges it was racist and sexist, opened on Broadway.

In 1996, seven-year-old Jessica Dubroff, who'd hoped to become the youngest person to fly cross-country, was killed along with her father and flight instructor when her plane crashed after takeoff from Cheyenne, Wyoming.

Ten years ago: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (mahk-MOOD' ah-muh-DEE'-neh-zhahd) announced that his country had succeeded in enriching uranium on a small scale for the first time. Israel's Cabinet declared Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (ah-ree-EL' shah-ROHN'), who had suffered a stroke, permanently incapacitated, officially ending his five-year tenure. A suicide bombing during an outdoor Sunni Muslim prayer service in Karachi, Pakistan, killed more than 50 people. June Pointer, the youngest of the Pointer Sisters, died in Los Angeles at age 52.

Five years ago: A bloody, four-month standoff in the West African nation of Ivory Coast ended when troops loyal to the elected president, Alassane Ouattara (ah-lah-SAHN' WAH'-tah-rah), routed and captured his rival, Laurent Gbagbo (loh-RAHN' BAHG'-boh), the longtime strongman who'd lost the vote but refused to give up power. A subway bombing in Minsk, Belarus, claimed 15 lives.

One year ago: President Barack Obama and Cuban President Raoul Castro sat down together on the sidelines of the Summit of the Americas in Panama City in the first formal meeting of the two countries' leaders in half a century.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11