Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2016, 04:51:29 PM »

Went for a walk this afternoon in the 25F temp with 10F windchill with the brisk winds ... too chilly for a smoke.
Question:  Who's going to Cigarfest this year?  Which day are you getting tickets for?  Thanks.
I'm not sure yet.
We haven't figured it all out yet but Charlie and I may be there on the Friday.
Thanks, Tony.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2016, 04:58:55 PM »

The Church Gossip
-------------------------

Mildred, the church gossip, and self-appointed monitor of the church's morals, kept sticking her nose into other people's business.

Several members did not approve of her extra curricular activities, but feared her enough to maintain their silence.

She made a mistake, however, when she accused George, a new member, of being an alcoholic after she saw his old pickup parked in front of the town's only bar one afternoon.

She emphatically told George (and several others) that everyone seeing it there would know what he was doing.

George, a man of few words, stared at her for a moment and just turned and walked away.

He didn't explain, defend, or deny.

He said nothing.

Later that evening, George quietly parked his pickup in front of Mildred's house... walked home... and left it there all night.

You gotta love George.

I forwarded this to a handful of people.  The only person who has answered back, is a real life "Church lady" ( helps out with a lot of things daily) ... she thought it was HILARIOUS!

« Reply #227 on: January 19, 2016, 05:09:39 PM »

Afternoon SLY.
Good afternoon, Mikey.
Afternoon Tony.  Warmed up to a balmy 19 with NO wind chill.  Exchanging the bitter cold for snow with a winter storm warning.
Not here....we have some serious hawk blowing.
Evening CB

« Reply #228 on: January 19, 2016, 05:11:42 PM »

Sarah Palin has endorsed Trump....that's all I needed to hear to fall in with the Donald!

« Reply #229 on: January 19, 2016, 05:12:41 PM »

Afternoon SLY.
Good afternoon, Mikey.
Afternoon Tony.  Warmed up to a balmy 19 with NO wind chill.  Exchanging the bitter cold for snow with a winter storm warning.
Not here....we have some serious hawk blowing.
Evening CB
In spite of that, San Lotano Habano fired up with coffee.

« Reply #230 on: January 19, 2016, 05:14:10 PM »

Afternoon SLY.
Good afternoon, Mikey.
Afternoon Tony.  Warmed up to a balmy 19 with NO wind chill.  Exchanging the bitter cold for snow with a winter storm warning.
Not here....we have some serious hawk blowing.
Evening CB
In spite of that, San Lotano Habano fired up with coffee.
Eagles on Spotify, all good.

« Reply #231 on: January 19, 2016, 05:14:17 PM »

Sarah Palin has endorsed Trump....that's all I needed to hear to fall in with the Donald!
But you fell in for Bush/Lindsey Graham, sheesh make up your mind >:(

« Reply #232 on: January 19, 2016, 05:15:23 PM »

Afternoon SLY.
Good afternoon, Mikey.
Afternoon Tony.  Warmed up to a balmy 19 with NO wind chill.  Exchanging the bitter cold for snow with a winter storm warning.
Not here....we have some serious hawk blowing.
Evening CB
In spite of that, San Lotano Habano fired up with coffee.
You are just a man's man!

« Reply #233 on: January 19, 2016, 05:16:16 PM »

Went for a walk this afternoon in the 25F temp with 10F windchill with the brisk winds ... too chilly for a smoke.
Question:  Who's going to Cigarfest this year?  Which day are you getting tickets for?  Thanks.
I'm not sure yet.
We haven't figured it all out yet but Charlie and I may be there on the Friday.
Thanks, Tony.
Want to be there but three things getting in the way - expense, getting there and back, and BOTL to make CF with.

« Reply #234 on: January 19, 2016, 05:16:42 PM »

The Church Gossip
-------------------------

[...]

Attaboy George!

« Reply #235 on: January 19, 2016, 05:21:44 PM »

Afternoon CB

« Reply #236 on: January 19, 2016, 05:32:03 PM »

« Reply #237 on: January 19, 2016, 05:33:49 PM »

Afternoon SLY.
Good afternoon, Mikey.
Afternoon Tony.  Warmed up to a balmy 19 with NO wind chill.  Exchanging the bitter cold for snow with a winter storm warning.
Not here....we have some serious hawk blowing.
Evening CB
Thank goodness the hawk is perched here for the afternoon.

« Reply #238 on: January 19, 2016, 05:34:38 PM »

Sarah Palin has endorsed Trump....that's all I needed to hear to fall in with the Donald!
Sarah who?

« Reply #239 on: January 19, 2016, 05:38:36 PM »

Sarah Palin has endorsed Trump....that's all I needed to hear to fall in with the Donald!
Sarah who?
You know....Miss Alaska!
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18