Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2016
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 02:39:30 AM »

In 1993, the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday was observed in all 50 states for the first time.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2016
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 02:39:54 AM »

In 1996, Lisa Marie Presley-Jackson filed for divorce from Michael Jackson.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2016
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 02:40:33 AM »

In 2001, President Bill Clinton, in a farewell from the Oval Office, told the nation that America had "done well" during his presidency, with record-breaking prosperity and a cleaner environment.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2016
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 02:40:59 AM »

Ten years ago: The Supreme Court gave New Hampshire a chance to salvage its restrictions on abortion, reaffirming that states can require parental involvement in abortion decisions but also ordering a lower court to fix problems with New Hampshire's 2003 notification law. (New Hampshire ended up repealing the never-implemented law in 2007; a new law was enacted in 2012.) Knicks forward Antonio Davis climbed into the stands during a game because he believed his wife was involved in an altercation with a Bulls fan; Davis was ejected without a scuffle during New York's 106-104 overtime loss at Chicago. (He was suspended for five games.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2016
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2016, 02:41:31 AM »

Five years ago: Chinese President Hu Jintao arrived at Andrews Air Force Base outside Washington for a four-day state visit; President Barack Obama welcomed him with a private dinner in the White House residence. The first director of the Peace Corps, R. Sargent Shriver, died in Bethesda, Maryland, at age 95.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2016
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2016, 02:41:58 AM »

One year ago: Pope Francis ended his Asian pilgrimage with an appeal for the future of the Catholic Church, urging an estimated 3 million rain-soaked Filipinos to protect their young from sin and vice so they can instead become missionaries of the faith. Russell Wilson hit Jermaine Kearse for a 35-yard touchdown 3:19 into overtime to lift the Seattle Seahawks to an improbable 28-22 victory over Green Bay in the NFC championship game. In the AFC, Tom Brady threw for three touchdowns and LeGarrette Blount ran in three more to lead the New England Patriots into the Super Bowl with a 45-7 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2016
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2016, 02:42:24 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Movie director John Boorman is 83. Former Sen. Paul Kirk, D-Mass., is 78. Singer-songwriter Bobby Goldsboro is 75. Comedian-singer-musician Brett Hudson is 63. Actor-director Kevin Costner is 61. Country singer Mark Collie is 60. Actor Mark Rylance is 56. Actress Alison Arngrim (TV: "Little House on the Prairie") is 54. Former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley is 53. Actress Jane Horrocks is 52. Comedian Dave Attell (uh-TEHL') is 51. Actor Jesse L. Martin is 47. Rapper DJ Quik is 46. Rock singer Jonathan Davis (Korn) is 45. Former NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous is 43. Singer Christian Burns (BBMak) is 42. Actor Derek Richardson is 40. Actor Jason Segel is 36. Actress Samantha Mumba is 33. Country singer Kristy Lee Cook (TV: "American Idol") is 321. Actress Devin Kelley is 30. Actor Mateus Ward is 17.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2016
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2016, 02:43:15 AM »

Thought for Today: "None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license." — John Milton, English poet (1608-1674).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2016
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2016, 02:43:57 AM »

Top 10 Signs Your Company is Going Under
-------------------------

1. They start paying everyone in sea shells.

2. The Dairy Queen on the corner is threatening a hostile takeover.

3. When you say, "See you tomorrow," the watchman laughs uncontrollably.

4. The chairman walks by your desk and says, "Hey, Hey! Easy on the staples!"

5. The initials of your company are "G.M."

6. Conference room has been turned into chinchilla farm.

7. Conversations at the water cooler are mainly with yourself.

8. Your boss casually asks you if you know anything about starting fires.

9. You get a lot of memos in Japanese.

10. Your boss asks you not to cash your check until next week.

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2016, 03:44:24 AM »

Morning, Chip. Hairy ride to work this morning. Glad I don't have anywhere to go for a few hours.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2016
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2016, 04:42:51 AM »

Morning, Chip. Hairy ride to work this morning. Glad I don't have anywhere to go for a few hours.
Good morning Dave.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2016
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2016, 04:43:59 AM »

Morning, Chip. Hairy ride to work this morning. Glad I don't have anywhere to go for a few hours.
My mom was checking the weather yesterday for my nephew who lives in Columbus and said it wasn't a pretty thing up there.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/18/2016
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2016, 04:45:13 AM »

I wonder how many jams that we damn AB's have been on the last several years.  Sheesh on CI!

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 04:52:47 AM »

I wonder how many jams that we damn AB's have been on the last several years.  Sheesh on CI!
I'd say it's easily gotta be 80%.

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 04:53:35 AM »

Morning, Chip. Hairy ride to work this morning. Glad I don't have anywhere to go for a few hours.
My mom was checking the weather yesterday for my nephew who lives in Columbus and said it wasn't a pretty thing up there.
It wasn't bad by my house, but as I got closer to work in the snow belt, it got rougher. They were calling for 4-7 inches overnight, which we didn't get, so I guess there is SOME good news.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20