Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 02:15:32 AM »

In 1969, Leno and Rosemary LaBianca were murdered in their Los Angeles home by members of Charles Manson's cult, one day after actress Sharon Tate and four other people had been slain.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 02:16:01 AM »

In 1975, television personality David Frost announced he had purchased the exclusive rights to interview former President Richard Nixon.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 02:16:39 AM »

In 1988, President Ronald Reagan signed a measure providing $20,000 payments to still-living Japanese-Americans who'd been interned by their government during World War II.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 02:17:04 AM »

In 1993, Ruth Bader Ginsburg was sworn in as the second female justice on the U.S. Supreme Court.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 02:17:51 AM »

In 1995, Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were charged with 11 counts in the Oklahoma City bombing (McVeigh was convicted of murder and executed; Nichols was convicted of conspiracy and involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to life in prison). Norma McCorvey, "Jane Roe" of the 1973 Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion, announced she had joined the anti-abortion group Operation Rescue.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 02:18:32 AM »

Ten years ago: A defiant Iran resumed full operations at its uranium conversion plant. President George W. Bush signed a $286 billion transportation bill. Tennessee prison inmate George Hyatte and his wife, Jennifer, surrendered in Columbus, Ohio, a day after she'd ambushed two prison guards at a courthouse, killing one of them, to help her husband escape. (Both later pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and were sentenced to life in prison without parole.)

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 02:19:09 AM »

Five years ago: The House pushed through an emergency $26 billion jobs bill that Democrats said would save 300,000 teachers, police and others from layoffs; President Barack Obama immediately signed it into law. Talk radio host Dr. Laura Schlessinger quoted the "N-word" 11 times in an on-air conversation with a caller who she said was "hypersensitive" to racism; Schlessinger ended up apologizing. Hollywood producer David L. Wolper, 82, died in Beverly Hills, Calif.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 02:19:34 AM »

One year ago: Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Malaki resisted calls for his resignation and accused the country's new president, Fouad Massoum, of violating the constitution (al-Maliki stepped down three days later). Rory McIlroy won his second straight major championship and fourth of his young career, rallying on the back nine in the PGA Championship in Louisville, Kentucky.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 02:20:44 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Actress Rhonda Fleming is 92. Singer Ronnie Spector is 72. Actor James Reynolds is 69. Rock singer-musician Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull) is 68. Country musician Gene Johnson (Diamond Rio) is 66. Singer Patti Austin is 65. Actor Daniel Hugh Kelly is 63. Folk singer-songwriter Sam Baker is 61. Actress Rosanna Arquette is 56. Actor Antonio Banderas is 55. Rock musician Jon Farriss (INXS) is 54. Singer Julia Fordham is 53. Journalist-blogger Andrew Sullivan is 52. Actor Chris Caldovino is 52. Singer Neneh Cherry is 51. Singer Aaron Hall is 51. Boxer Riddick Bowe is 48. Actor Sean Blakemore (TV: "General Hospital") is 48. Rhythm-and-blues singer Lorraine Pearson (Five Star) is 48. Singer-producer Michael Bivins is 47. Actor-writer Justin Theroux is 44. Actress Angie Harmon is 43. Country singer Jennifer Hanson is 42. Actress JoAnna Garcia Swisher is 36. Singer Cary Ann Hearst (Shovels & Rope) is 36. Rhythm-and-blues singer Nikki Bratcher (Divine) is 35. Actor Aaron Staton (TV: "Mad Men") is 35. Actor Ryan Eggold is 31. Actor Lucas Till is 25. Reality TV star Kylie Jenner is 18.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 02:21:29 AM »

Thought for Today: "It is easier to make a saint out of a libertine than out of a prig." - George Santayana, Spanish-born philosopher (1863-1952).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 02:22:16 AM »

True Doctor Stories
-------------------------

--Dr. Richard Byrnes, Seattle, WA

One day I had to be the bearer of bad news when I
told a wife that her husband had died of a massive myocardial infarct. Not
more than five minutes later, I heard her reporting to the rest of
the family that the had died of a "massive internal fart."

--Dr. Susan Steinberg, Manitoba, Canada

I was performing a complete physical, including the
visual acuity test. I placed the patient twenty feet from the chart
and  began, "Cover your right eye with your hand." He read
the 20/20 line perfectly. Now your left." Again, a flawless read.
Now both," I requested . There was silence. He couldn't even
read the large E on the top line. I turned and discovered that he had
done exactly what I had asked; he was standing there with both his eyes
covered I was laughing too hard to finish the exam.

--Dr. Matthew Theodropolous, Worcester, MA

During a patient's two week follow-up appointment
with his cardiologist, he informed me, his doctor, that he
was having trouble with one of his medications. Which one?" I asked. The patch. The
nurse told me to put on a new one every six hours and now I'm running out of places to put
it!" I had him quickly undress and discovered what I hoped I
wouldn't see. Yes, the man had over fifty patches on his body!
Now the instructions include removal of the old patch before applying a new one.

--Dr. Rebecca St. Clair, Norfolk, VA

While acquainting myself with a new elderly patient,
I asked, "How long have you been bed-ridden?" After a look of complete
confusion she answered Why, not for about twenty years -- when
my husband was alive."

--Dr. Steven Swanson, Corvallis, OR

I was caring for a woman from Kentucky and asked, So,
how's your breakfast this morning?" It's very good, except for the
Kentucky Jelly I can't seem to get used to the taste," the patient replied. I
then asked to see the jelly and the woman produced a foil packet labeled
"KY Jelly."

--Dr. Leonard Kransdorf, Detroit, MI

And Finally . . . A new, young MD doing his
residency in OB was quite embarrassed performing female pelvic exams. To cover his
embarrassment he had unconsciously formed a habit of whistling softly. The
middle aged lady upon whom he was performing this exam suddenly burst
out laughing and further embarrassed him. He looked up from his work
and sheepishly said, "I'm sorry. Was I tickling you?"
She replied, "No doctor, but the song you were whistling was 'I wish
I was an Oscar Meyer Wiener."

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 02:50:45 AM »

6 Alec Bradley Nica Puro Robusto (5.0"x50)
         10/29.99
 5 ACID Kuba Kuba (5.0"x54)
          5/24.50
 4 Diesel Unlimited d.6 (Gordo) (6.0"x60)
         10/34.50
 3 Brick House Robusto (5.0"x54)
          5/24.10
 2 E.P. Carrillo Dark Rituals
         10/39.99
 1 Don Pepin Garcia Blue
          5/22.50
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 02:51:42 AM »

Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 03:41:51 AM »

7 Herrera Esteli by Drew Estate Piramide Fina (Belicoso)
          5/36.00
 6 Alec Bradley Nica Puro Robusto (5.0"x50)
         10/29.99
 5 ACID Kuba Kuba (5.0"x54)
          5/24.50
 4 Diesel Unlimited d.6 (Gordo) (6.0"x60)
         10/34.50
 3 Brick House Robusto (5.0"x54)
          5/24.10
 2 E.P. Carrillo Dark Rituals
         10/39.99
 1 Don Pepin Garcia Blue
          5/22.50
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/10/2015
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2015, 03:42:04 AM »

Good morning Dave.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17