Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!  (Read 1855 times)

Re: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2022, 02:41:15 PM »

Morning Mr. Tony!
Happy 4th, my friend. What are you up to today?
Just laying low, having a few cigars, Trenton burgers for dinner.   ;D
Now that's a new one on me. What's a Trenton burger?
Ah. Pork Roll. I shoulda figured.

I wonder if I can find Pork Roll in a grocery store out here?
You can have it shipped.

http://www.caseporkrollnj.com/products
If you do, I'll be happy to provide preparation suggestions.
Well, obviously I'm going to have to try it.  What's the refrigerated shelf-life?
You shan't be disappointed.

Re: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2022, 02:41:24 PM »

Starting the 4th off right.  Pork roll egg and cheese.
Looks yummo.

Re: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2022, 02:42:00 PM »

This is what I did to my putter. Much better results...
Maybe you could loan it to ThreePuttDave.
That's funny....
LALTS

Re: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2022, 02:42:45 PM »

Morning, Rick. How was golf?
Hi Dave. Golf was good I tied for first in my group. More feel on my putter with new grip. Only downside,  Ground was hard like pavement.
Nicely done. Or maybe not, since I don't know how good your group is. Lol

Re: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2022, 02:43:06 PM »

Stranger Things sends a second 35 year old song to the top of the charts!
Metallica "Master of Puppets"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7blkui3nQc&list=OLAK5uy_lHtcjdo7MU4A3Tt3MuErEdEOOqs4UgngE
MOST METAL CONCERT EVER!

Re: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2022, 03:12:10 PM »

On to #2

Re: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2022, 03:47:06 PM »

Morning Mr. Tony!
Happy 4th, my friend. What are you up to today?
Just laying low, having a few cigars, Trenton burgers for dinner.   ;D
Now that's a new one on me. What's a Trenton burger?
Ah. Pork Roll. I shoulda figured.

I wonder if I can find Pork Roll in a grocery store out here?
You can have it shipped.

http://www.caseporkrollnj.com/products
If you do, I'll be happy to provide preparation suggestions.
Well, obviously I'm going to have to try it.  What's the refrigerated shelf-life?
There is an expiration date on the loaf, I believe it's about 6 months.
Once you open it, best to slice it all and freeze the unused slices. (hard to slice a frozen loaf)
It comes as a loaf in either 1.5, 3 or 6 lb bag.  It is wrapped in a cotton bag and plastic shrink wrap.

You should cut four longitudinal slices in the loaf before cutting it into thin slices  I make the four cuts while still in the cotton bag as it makes removal of the bag easier as well.  (this will prevent cupping when cooked).

Cooks quickly on a grill, careful not to burn. You can also use a frypan or skillet/flattop.  Most popular presentations are as pork roll, egg and cheese on a roll, straight up pork roll/with or without cheese on a bun, Trenton burger (hamburger with a slice of pork roll) or chopped in an omlet or casserole (like ham or bacon).

There are two main suppliers, Taylor and Case.  I prefer the hickory smoked Case.  (also know the Case family).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll

Re: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2022, 04:54:25 PM »

This is what I did to my putter. Much better results...
I thought it was a bottle rocket.

Re: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2022, 08:43:47 PM »

Trenton burger as promised.

Re: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2022, 09:05:44 PM »

Trenton burger as promised.
That's damn sexy.

Re: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2022, 09:06:24 PM »

[...]

I might need a diagram on these cutting instructions.

Re: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2022, 09:06:25 PM »

Starting off with a Room 101.

Re: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2022, 10:28:08 PM »

[...]

Well, I've never had pork roll, so I'm sure as hell gonna need a diagram.

Re: 7/4/2022 - Independence Day!
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2022, 10:44:42 PM »

Gentlemen, my son is in the kitchen working his personal magic on ribeyes and pork chops. But when he first arrived he came down to my study and disarmed himself. I teased him about being a newb of a concealed carrier. But...it made me think about this group. We don't all see eye to eye, and sometimes I puzzle over the East Coast sensibilities that are part and parcel of being here, including Pork Roll (which we are planning to try). I know, I'm a right-wing, anti-abortion, limited government, gun-toting whacko, and a lousy golfer. But I love cigars, and I love good conversation, and it is a highlight of my day to check in here. Y'all are good people, and good friends.

On this day of celebration of Liberty, which we do all agree on even if it means different things to us, I offer my best wishes. I have not yet gotten the privilege of meeting any of you face-to-face, but you are my friends, and if any one of you messaged me and said you were in trouble, I'd book the next available flight.

I bid you my best wishes. Y'all are important to me. And tonight I am hosting my MIL and SIL, both of whom along with my wife trace their lineage to Newark.

May you enjoy the blessings of liberty...yuh commie bastiges. Peace.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]