CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 6/18/2022  (Read 630 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 6/18/2022
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2022, 04:16:13 PM »

MIL took the kids over to their house to play with their new puppy, so it's Saturday afternoon smoky time.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2022, 06:20:07 PM »

Finally. Sheesh.

Wordle 364 5/6*

🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm not going to lie, if you'd have gotten it in 3 I was going to go bang my head on a wall.

On the third guess, I'd picked up the last consonant and owing to the way my incorrect letters were distributed, the solution was the only word I could find.  I still wouldn't believe it.  Twenty minutes I sat there looking at it, racking my brain for some other possibility, some obscure word that I was missing.  I almost resorted to an Internet search.  Finally I just tapped the enter key.  Lo and behold.

Brutal.

I may have to write an analysis of my guesses tomorrow. They illustrate the central challenge of the game - the intersection of recall, reason, chance, and psychology.
I expect this is one of the solutions we'll see articles about saying how people are angry about the difficulty. I'm just glad I eventually figured it out.
Though, I'm not sure what your threat of banging your head against the wall says about my puzzle solving skills.
It's a compliment. If you got that in three, it would have been insulting to mine.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2022, 07:12:25 PM »

Finally. Sheesh.

Wordle 364 5/6*

🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm not going to lie, if you'd have gotten it in 3 I was going to go bang my head on a wall.

On the third guess, I'd picked up the last consonant and owing to the way my incorrect letters were distributed, the solution was the only word I could find.  I still wouldn't believe it.  Twenty minutes I sat there looking at it, racking my brain for some other possibility, some obscure word that I was missing.  I almost resorted to an Internet search.  Finally I just tapped the enter key.  Lo and behold.

Brutal.

I may have to write an analysis of my guesses tomorrow. They illustrate the central challenge of the game - the intersection of recall, reason, chance, and psychology.
I expect this is one of the solutions we'll see articles about saying how people are angry about the difficulty. I'm just glad I eventually figured it out.
Though, I'm not sure what your threat of banging your head against the wall says about my puzzle solving skills.
It's a compliment. If you got that in three, it would have been insulting to mine.
I don't forsee many people getting that one in 3. If they do, they probably had a hint along the way.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2022, 08:49:37 PM »

Finally. Sheesh.

Wordle 364 5/6*

🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Brutal.

I don't forsee many people getting that one in 3. If they do, they probably had a hint along the way.
I definitely don't see people lucking into a lot of letters on the first two guesses, unless they just randomly grab whatever word they fancy and get cosmically lucky. Can't say much more here without risking spoilers. If you strategize guesses in any way, you're gonna get burned.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2022, 09:12:00 PM »

Finally. Sheesh.

Wordle 364 5/6*

🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Brutal.

I definitely don't see people lucking into a lot of letters on the first two guesses, unless they just randomly grab whatever word they fancy and get cosmically lucky. Can't say much more here without risking spoilers. If you strategize guesses in any way, you're gonna get burned.
Indeed. Today was the wild, wild west of Wordle.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2022, 09:19:14 PM »

San Lotano connie

Pages: 1 [2]