CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: 6/15/2022  (Read 2349 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 6/15/2022
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2022, 04:55:31 PM »

Time to hazzuh and take the oldest to a friend's house for a sleepover. Let's see how well my car's AC handles the weather, as it's been more miss than hit lately when it's been really warm out. Might give one of those DIY recharge kits a try, see if that helps.
Good luck with that. Later, Dave.
It stuck it out, but definitely could be better. Stopped and got one of the recharge things on the way home, I'll try that out later, see if it gives it some improvement.
Gave it a whirl, but before even starting, the gauge on the can showed I was in the green. So the lagging coolness is just a product of the age of the car, I suppose. Oh well.
Check the cabin air filter.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2022, 05:19:46 PM »

Time to hazzuh and take the oldest to a friend's house for a sleepover. Let's see how well my car's AC handles the weather, as it's been more miss than hit lately when it's been really warm out. Might give one of those DIY recharge kits a try, see if that helps.
It stuck it out, but definitely could be better. Stopped and got one of the recharge things on the way home, I'll try that out later, see if it gives it some improvement.
Gave it a whirl, but before even starting, the gauge on the can showed I was in the green. So the lagging coolness is just a product of the age of the car, I suppose. Oh well.
That is good advice. I know those need to be changed from time to time. Never actually tried to do it myself. They aren't as cheap as they should be either. But much better than not having cool air. When in doubt, youtube it.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2022, 05:40:19 PM »

Good call.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2022, 05:44:02 PM »

Good call.
Though, not sure why that would hold back cold air and not all air. But, it's something that should be done anyways, so still a good idea.

YouTube makes it look pretty straightforward, so I'll give that a try next.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2022, 06:21:05 PM »

Good evening all.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!