Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2022, 10:07:17 AM »

Happy Saint Anthony's Day! Who's celebrating?
Of course!

St. Anthony of Padua was born Fernando Martins de Bulhões in Portugal in 1195 to a very wealthy family. As many Italian-Americans know, he is the patron saint of lost things. He was one of the most rapidly canonized saints in the history of the church. He is remembered for his unconditional love and devotion towards the poor and the sick. Today, he is still celebrated in many areas of the world.
I didn't know he was Ferdinand Martin of Buttholes. Learn something new every day.
Well, you've got doctors for buttholes, why not patron saints?

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2022, 10:09:20 AM »

Happy Saint Anthony's Day! Who's celebrating?
I'm celebrating by getting back to the grind!

Morning, all. Digging through work emails now. Only 125 in there, not too bad.
125 isn't too bad. I'm sure it's mostly junk anyway. It was fun while it lasted.
Indeed, only a handful that actually need my attention.
What really needs my attention right now is the laundry. Lol
I've got some dishes to do. The kitchen is completely out of commission and I'm just happy I installed that new sink in the basement recently.
Do you have an estimate for when they'll be done?
Everybody has been asking me the same. I should probably ask the general contractor. Therefore, the answer would be no. Original estimate was 6-8 weeks. But to no fault of theirs there were delays in starting. They only rendered the kitchen unusable on Friday, so that's where I start the clock.

Pretty sure the wife started the clock when the a/c was disconnected... About two months ago.
So will the AC be turned on prior to completion of the job or only when it's all done?
I'm hoping A/C gets connected once the roof goes on the extension. Ya see, that's where the condensers are being relocated. It'll be interesting to see them pull this off.

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2022, 10:10:40 AM »

Good morning, ClemsonDave.

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2022, 10:11:30 AM »

I can't get Heardle working today. Anyone else?

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2022, 10:18:52 AM »

I guessed this math equation in 4/6 tries.

🟧🟧🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟩🟧🟩
🟩🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧🟩🟧🟩🟧
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Can you guess this equation?
https://numberle.org/?challenge=Ni02NC84KzQ9Mg
I guessed this math equation in 5/6 tries.

⬜⬜⬜🟧🟧🟧🟧⬜⬜⬜
🟧🟧🟧⬜🟧⬜⬜🟧⬜⬜
🟩🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧⬜⬜🟩🟧
🟩🟧🟩🟧🟧🟧⬜🟧🟩🟧
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Can you guess this equation?
https://numberle.org/?challenge=Ni02NC84KzQ9Mg

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2022, 10:19:25 AM »

I can't get Heardle working today. Anyone else?
Nope, won't load player.

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2022, 10:27:53 AM »

I can't get Heardle working today. Anyone else?
Nope, won't load player.
I can be patient. We'll try back again in a little.

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2022, 10:40:54 AM »

Joe's Jambalaya:

Xikar Xidris Lighter - Canary Yellow  / $34.99

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2022, 10:44:38 AM »

I can't get Heardle working today. Anyone else?
Nope, won't load player.
I can be patient. We'll try back again in a little.
It looks like it's back up...

#Heardle #108

🟩

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2022, 10:46:29 AM »

I can't get Heardle working today. Anyone else?
Nope, won't load player.
I can be patient. We'll try back again in a little.
It looks like it's back up...

#Heardle #108

🟩
Still not loading for me, will check back in a bit.

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2022, 10:51:46 AM »

Wordle 359 3/6

🟨🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Would have had it in two if I knew how to spell.

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2022, 10:55:27 AM »

Today is Monday, June 13, the 164th day of 2022.
There are 201 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On June 13, 1967, President Lyndon B. Johnson nominated Solicitor-General Thurgood Marshall to become the first Black justice on the U.S. Supreme Court.

On this date:

In 1865, Nobel Prize-winning poet-playwright William Butler Yeats was born in Dublin, Ireland.

In 1942, a four-man Nazi sabotage team arrived on Long Island, New York, three days before a second four-man team landed in Florida. (All eight men were arrested after two members of the first group defected.) President Franklin D. Roosevelt created the Office of Strategic Services and the Office of War Information.

In 1966, the Supreme Court ruled in Miranda v. Arizona that criminal suspects had to be informed of their constitutional right to consult with an attorney and to remain silent.

In 1971, The New York Times began publishing excerpts of the Pentagon Papers, a secret study of America’s involvement in Vietnam from 1945 to 1967 that had been leaked to the paper by military analyst Daniel Ellsberg.

In 1977, James Earl Ray, the convicted assassin of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., was recaptured following his escape three days earlier from a Tennessee prison.

In 1981, a scare occurred during a parade in London when a teenager fired six blank shots at Queen Elizabeth II.

In 1983, the U.S. space probe Pioneer 10, launched in 1972, became the first spacecraft to leave the solar system as it crossed the orbit of Neptune.

In 1996, the 81-day-old Freemen standoff ended as 16 remaining members of the anti-government group surrendered to the FBI and left their Montana ranch.

In 1997, a jury voted unanimously to give Timothy McVeigh the death penalty for his role in the Oklahoma City bombing. The Chicago Bulls captured their fifth NBA championship in seven years with a 90-86 victory over the Utah Jazz in game six.

In 2005, a jury in Santa Maria, California, acquitted Michael Jackson of molesting a 13-year-old cancer survivor at his Neverland ranch.

In 2016, a day after the Orlando, Florida, nightclub shooting rampage that claimed 49 victims, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton offered drastically different proposals for stemming the threat of terrorism and gun violence; Trump focused heavily on the nation’s immigration system (even though the shooter was U.S. born) and redoubled his call for temporarily banning Muslims from the United States, while Clinton said that as president she would prioritize stopping “lone wolf” attackers and reiterated her call for banning assault weapons.

In 2020, Atlanta’s police chief resigned, hours after the fatal police shooting of Rayshard Brooks; protests over the shooting grew turbulent, and the Wendy’s restaurant at the scene of the shooting was gutted by flames.

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2022, 10:56:24 AM »

Ten years ago: Federal prosecutors dropped all charges against former Democratic vice-presidential candidate John Edwards after his corruption trial ended the previous month in a deadlocked jury. Matt Cain pitched the 22nd perfect game in major league history and the first for the San Francisco Giants, beating the Houston Astros 10-0.

Five years ago: A comatose Otto Warmbier (WARM’-beer), released by North Korea after more than 17 months in captivity, arrived in Cincinnati aboard a medevac flight; the 22-year-old college student, who had suffered severe brain damage, died six days later. Rolling Stone magazine agreed to pay $1.65 million to settle a defamation lawsuit filed by a University of Virginia fraternity over a debunked story about a rape on campus.

One year ago: Israel’s parliament narrowly approved a new coalition government, ending the historic 12-year rule of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and sending the polarizing leader into the opposition; Naftali Bennett, a former ally of Netanyahu, became prime minister after the 60-59 vote. Character actor Ned Beatty, whose films included “Deliverance,” “Network” and “Superman,” died at his Los Angeles home at 83. Novak Djokovic came all the way back after dropping the first two sets to beat Stefanos Tsitsipas in the French Open final for his 19th Grand Slam title. A Pekingese named Wasabi won best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club, notching a fifth-ever win for the toy breed. (Because of the coronavirus pandemic, the event was held outdoors in a New York suburb in June instead of at Madison Square Garden in February, and it was closed to the public.)

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2022, 10:58:59 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Bob McGrath is 90.
Actor Malcolm McDowell is 79.
Former U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is 78.
Singer Dennis Locorriere is 73.
Actor Richard Thomas is 71.
Actor Jonathan Hogan is 71.
Actor Stellan Skarsgard is 71.
Comedian Tim Allen is 69.
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper is 65.
Actor Ally Sheedy is 60.
TV anchor Hannah Storm is 60.
Rock musician Paul De Lisle (deh-LYL’) (Smash Mouth) is 59.
Actor Lisa Vidal is 57.
Singer David Gray is 54.
R&B singer Deniece Pearson (Five Star) is 54.
Rock musician Soren Rasted (Aqua) is 53.
Actor Jamie Walters is 53.
Singer-musician Rivers Cuomo (Weezer) is 52.
Country singer Susan Haynes is 50.
Actor Steve-O is 48.
Country singer Jason Michael Carroll is 44.
Actor Ethan Embry is 44.
Actor Chris Evans is 41.
Actor Sarah Schaub is 39.
Singer Raz B is 37.
Actor Kat Dennings is 36.
Actor Ashley Olsen is 36.
Actor Mary-Kate Olsen is 36.
DJ/producer Gesaffelstein is 35.
Actor Aaron Johnson is 32.

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2022, 10:59:33 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 9
Raz Over/Under is 12
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6