CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: 6/14/2014  (Read 53986 times)

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/14/2014
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2014, 01:34:24 PM »

After that cheese steak distraction, I'm back with a CRV DC and some coffee.   

Can't upload the pictures because even at the absolute minimum settings on my phone, the photos are too large.  Goddamn sheesh.
I had to shrink the picture of Max way down.  As it is I'm trying to figure out at which point I'll need the purge the images, avvys, and or posts.

Guess I'll just use imgur. 

CRV: http://imgur.com/7lDfi2L

Pci 2: http://imgur.com/t0IDIMH

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2014, 01:36:07 PM »

Can't upload the pictures because even at the absolute minimum settings on my phone, the photos are too large.  Goddamn sheesh.
I had to shrink the picture of Max way down.  As it is I'm trying to figure out at which point I'll need the purge the images, avvys, and or posts.

Be careful, that advisory looks serious.

Indeed. 

It actually just recommends that you thoroughly toast the foot to get an even burn, but it reminds me of the labels they used to put on the Edge.  For "Professional Smokers" or something stupid like that. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2014, 01:37:26 PM »

I hadn't looked that closely.  But now that I do, is that cigar giving birth?

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2014, 01:39:26 PM »

Twins.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2014, 01:42:03 PM »

@Chip:  Look what my son is wearing today.  WTF?  Don't even know where that came from.   ;D
It wasn't me I swear!  Nice shirt Tony!
LOL!  I wasn't that worried.
Handsome kid, he must look like his mother!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2014, 01:43:46 PM »

Twins.
No seriously, does that cigar have a fuse?  It looks like 1/2 inch of a corona is sticking out of a Churchill sized cigar.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2014, 01:43:54 PM »

I didn't notice that the first time. Good eye, boss.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2014, 01:44:02 PM »

Indeed. 

It actually just recommends that you thoroughly toast the foot to get an even burn, but it reminds me of the labels they used to put on the Edge.  For "Professional Smokers" or something stupid like that.
It sorta looks like Crime Scene Tape to me...  Maybe it's what the gangsters smoke..?

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2014, 01:47:05 PM »

Twins.
No seriously, does that cigar have a fuse?  It looks like 1/2 inch of a corona is sticking out of a Churchill sized cigar.

Oh, I thought you were just being intentionally obtuse. 

Yeah, that's the Entubars "thing."  They have a ligero core extend a quarter inch or so from the foot from the end of the cigar.  The v32 has a larger ligero core, 32RG (as opposed to 24 or so it looks like on the others).  Makes the first few puffs a bit different than the follow up. 

EDIT:

And given that extended core, thus the advisory sticker.  You really have to toast it to get it to burn straight.  Once it goes, it's pretty much perfect, but I could see newer smokes just not being able to get it going.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2014, 01:47:15 PM »

@Chip:  Look what my son is wearing today.  WTF?  Don't even know where that came from.   ;D
It wasn't me I swear!  Nice shirt Tony!
LOL!  I wasn't that worried.
Handsome kid, he must look like his mother!
Thanks.  Not sure where the looks come from.  Mailman is handsome?  If you met the Mrs. you'd retract that post.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2014, 01:51:07 PM »

Ash just fell off a bit over 2 inches.    http://imgur.com/uuxixfh

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2014, 01:52:14 PM »

Twins.

Yeah, that's the Entubars "thing."  They have a ligero core extend a quarter inch or so from the foot from the end of the cigar.  The v32 has a larger ligero core, 32RG (as opposed to 24 or so it looks like on the others).  Makes the first few puffs a bit different than the follow up. 

EDIT:

And given that extended core, thus the advisory sticker.  You really have to toast it to get it to burn straight.  Once it goes, it's pretty much perfect, but I could see newer smokes just not being able to get it going.
Well shit, I never heard of that before.  Makes sense though.  Always thought entubar just meant it came in a tube.  Still learning shit after all these years smoking cigars.  Now I've gotta try one.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2014, 01:55:21 PM »

Twins.

EDIT:

Well shit, I never heard of that before.  Makes sense though.  Always thought entubar just meant it came in a tube.  Still learning shit after all these years smoking cigars.  Now I've gotta try one.

Entubar actually refers to the entubado method they use for rolling the cigars.  The ligero core is just B&A being random.  But it burns and tastes great, so random is just fine.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2014, 02:01:58 PM »

So phase two was adding the calendar. If you check out the help tab, it walks you through adding a calendar entry.  In phase three I hope to add a blog area for Will and an enabling area for Joe.  :D

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2014, 02:03:27 PM »

So phase two was adding the calendar. If you check out the help tab, it walks you through adding a calendar entry.  In phase three I hope to add a blog area for Will and an enabling area for Joe.   :Dave

The lack of updates will be CB's fault. 

Just laying the groundwork. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17