Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2022, 08:01:23 AM »

Joe's Jambalaya:

Man O' War Virtue Torpedo (6.5"x52) - 10 / $37.50
Diesel d.10th d.5552 - 10/39.99
Ave Maria St. George - 5/19.99
5 Vegas Series 'A' Archetype - 10/24.99
ACID Seven Wonders Sampler - 7/44.99

  The ACID Seven Wonders Sampler Includes:
    1 - ACID Kuba Kuba (5"x 54)
    1 - ACID Kuba Kuba Maduro (5" x 54)
    1 - ACID Blondie Belicoso (5" x 54)
    1 -  ACID Deep Dish (5" x 58)
    1 - ACID One (5" x 54)
    1 - ACID Atom Maduro (5" x 50)
    1 - ACID Liquid (5" x 50)

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2022, 08:04:01 AM »

Morning, all. Happy DeanDay.
Good morning, Dave. Busy morning here.
Last Monday of the school year, which means last time I'll have to do the pick up kids from school/bring them home/go back out to grocery shop routine. Thank goodness.
That seems early. My kids are still there through 20ish of June.

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2022, 08:05:56 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2022, 08:07:57 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret. Well it's already 5 by you. Would you say that was a success or a failure?

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2022, 08:10:02 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, EarlyRiserRaz.

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2022, 08:10:57 AM »

Morning, all. Happy DeanDay.
Good morning, Dave. Busy morning here.
Last Monday of the school year, which means last time I'll have to do the pick up kids from school/bring them home/go back out to grocery shop routine. Thank goodness.
That seems early. My kids are still there through 20ish of June.
That sounds awful. They had a couple years where they've been done by Memorial Day, but usually it's the week of.

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2022, 08:15:24 AM »

Wordle 338 3/6

🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Took me four.

Wordle 338 4/6

🟨🟩
🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2022, 08:17:07 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret. Well it's already 5 by you. Would you say that was a success or a failure?
Success. I was in bed by eleven.

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2022, 08:29:19 AM »

Joe's Jambalaya:

Man O' War Virtue Torpedo (6.5"x52) - 10 / $37.50
Diesel d.10th d.5552 - 10/39.99
Ave Maria St. George - 5/19.99
5 Vegas Series 'A' Archetype - 10/24.99
ACID Seven Wonders Sampler - 7/44.99

  The ACID Seven Wonders Sampler Includes:
    1 - ACID Kuba Kuba (5"x 54)
    1 - ACID Kuba Kuba Maduro (5" x 54)
    1 - ACID Blondie Belicoso (5" x 54)
    1 -  ACID Deep Dish (5" x 58)
    1 - ACID One (5" x 54)
    1 - ACID Atom Maduro (5" x 50)
    1 - ACID Liquid (5" x 50)
Alec Bradley Magic Toast Robusto - 5/24.99

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2022, 08:30:02 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret. Well it's already 5 by you. Would you say that was a success or a failure?
Success. I was in bed by eleven.
In that case, good for you!

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2022, 08:45:29 AM »

I wrote the third verse of "Pirate Radio" last night. I had TD and GolfinDave in mind when I wrote it.

"Now the halfwit legends of conspiracy
Are reproducing like flies
Everybody and their sister has a megaphone
And a line to the idiot hive
It's gotta be the Mafia
Maybe it's the Clintons
They're hiding from the truth you know
Praise the new messiah and buy your ammunition
On pirate radio"

Now I've done all I can with the jam, and I'm going to have to start reshooting the music, and locking it to tempo. We're still in demo mode, because Bill's weeks away from being ready to play like he did in that jam and Tom the drummer only found out on Saturday that I was doing this.

So we're not ready to track yet, and I have to decide if the song needs a bridge, or a "middle eight" as the Brits would say. Something different to break up monotony.

To answer that question I need to start structuring the music. I'll do this by looping various parts. I'll pull a stock drum pattern in that fits, record the various musical phrases I hear in the jam and then string them together into a groove. That way I don't have to do forty takes to get through the whole song at once without a mistake.  Once the groove is down, I'll shoot the vocals again, and we'll have a demo that Tom can start putting real drums to.

So now the real work begins. And yes, Tony, I am trying to think up a real greasy, funky bass line, just for you.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap1itbYdlfU1gdtVUYd3wK_FV7I_MQ

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2022, 08:53:01 AM »

[...]

Didn't get to listen to it over the weekend since I couldn't access One Drive on my phone, but I could today, and I dig it. Though, the last verse could clearly be bettered by including a reference to emails or Epstein. ;)

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2022, 08:53:24 AM »

Joe's Jambalaya:

Man O' War Virtue Torpedo (6.5"x52) - 10 / $37.50
Diesel d.10th d.5552 - 10/39.99
Ave Maria St. George - 5/19.99
5 Vegas Series 'A' Archetype - 10/24.99
ACID Seven Wonders Sampler - 7/44.99

  The ACID Seven Wonders Sampler Includes:
    1 - ACID Kuba Kuba (5"x 54)
    1 - ACID Kuba Kuba Maduro (5" x 54)
    1 - ACID Blondie Belicoso (5" x 54)
    1 -  ACID Deep Dish (5" x 58)
    1 - ACID One (5" x 54)
    1 - ACID Atom Maduro (5" x 50)
    1 - ACID Liquid (5" x 50)
Alec Bradley Magic Toast Robusto - 5/24.99
Punch Rare Corojo Magnum - 5/22.50

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2022, 09:07:46 AM »

Joe's Jambalaya:

Man O' War Virtue Torpedo (6.5"x52) - 10 / $37.50
Diesel d.10th d.5552 - 10/39.99
Ave Maria St. George - 5/19.99
5 Vegas Series 'A' Archetype - 10/24.99
ACID Seven Wonders Sampler - 7/44.99

  The ACID Seven Wonders Sampler Includes:
    1 - ACID Kuba Kuba (5"x 54)
    1 - ACID Kuba Kuba Maduro (5" x 54)
    1 - ACID Blondie Belicoso (5" x 54)
    1 -  ACID Deep Dish (5" x 58)
    1 - ACID One (5" x 54)
    1 - ACID Atom Maduro (5" x 50)
    1 - ACID Liquid (5" x 50)
Alec Bradley Magic Toast Robusto - 5/24.99
Punch Rare Corojo Magnum - 5/22.50
Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniv. Champagne Epicure - 5/32.50

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2022, 09:19:30 AM »

Didn't get to listen to it over the weekend since I couldn't access One Drive on my phone, but I could today, and I dig it. Though, the last verse could clearly be bettered by including a reference to emails or Epstein. ;)
I was tryin' man...and pizza parlors.  And I tried hard to get QAnon in there by name and even Big Orange himself.  But i have to make the lyrics flow and fit the melody, and if I get too specific the song becomes a Novelty Tune - something for Weird Al Yankovic, rather than wry commentary.

I AM going get a cigar reference in somewhere, as a specific nod to y'all for listening and offering thoughts.  Maybe on the rideout I'll sample Pink Floyd's "Have a Cigar." Or I'll drop a little rap in or something.   We'll see.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7