Pages: 1 2 [3]

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2022, 04:51:08 PM »

Wordle 336 3/6

🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Also...
Wordle 336 3/6

🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2022, 04:56:44 PM »

#Heardle #85

️🟨🟨🟩

I believe the yellow is new. I took a guess on the artist and once I saw yellow, I assumed I had it correct. Next it was about picking the right song.
Nada for me.

Edit: I thought it might've been that artist, but don't know enough of their music to have made any sort of guess.

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2022, 05:12:00 PM »

Today's Over/Under is 3
Raz Over/Under is 7
Only 4.

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2022, 06:56:37 PM »

Afternoon, muchachos.

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2022, 06:57:15 PM »

Wordle 336 3/6

🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2022, 07:02:07 PM »

Today's Over/Under is 3
Raz Over/Under is 7
On the nose.

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2022, 07:06:12 PM »

Wordle 336 3/6

🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Seems like 3 is the magic number today. Wife also got it in 3.

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2022, 07:23:06 PM »

Okay, some of y'all have suggested that at some point I should put some of the music I do up here.  I haven't done it yet.  I know, we don't judge here...except when we do....

This is gonna be all sorts of fun. Thanks for sharing, Raz. I'll definitely provide feedback at risk of losing another member of CigarBanter.

Stay tuned...
You're gonna regret this, Bret.

Initial impression:

Only listened to it once through and didn't pay close attention to the lyrics. I love a song with a funky bass line. (It reminded me a little of the music from Match Game -not meant as an insult). The whole rhythm is stuck in my head but I'd love to hear more funky bass, especially in the intro.

I'm going back in for more...
I went for a second listen just to confirm my comments in the previous post.

I like it. I would go see this band live.

I need to take a break from this right now because I have tons to do but will definitely revisit it later.
I was listening again in the car. Much different than the phone because I was able to pickup nuances.

You didn't ask but my 12 year olds were with me and I think they liked it too. They said it sounded like something that would be on Phineas and Ferb, which I believe is high praise.

I also had to explain what Pirate Radio was and that took a while. Truth is, other than that they didn't really pay much attention to the lyrics.

Gotta remember, other than the rhythm guitar (me), the rest of the instruments are pretty much improvising. I showed the band the rhythm guitar groove and they futzed around until a groove came together. Once it came together and everyone was familiar with the various elements, we'd agree on a basic arrangement and then turn on the tape machine. Then everyone would take the tape home and listen and come up with better parts.

Brian, the bass player, was not a particularly funky guy, and for that matter not really a bass player at all. I needed to switch from bass to guitar and he wanted to play with us so he became the bass player. I spent a lot of time showing him parts. I don't recall if I showed him this one,  but it might have been.

Not paying attention to the lyrics is a good thing. Most people don't notice lyrics unless they are really bad. So if y'all weren't paying attention to lyrics, then they weren't atrocious. Might not be good, but not awful.

And I'm a big fan of Phineas and Ferb, so I'll take the connection as a compliment.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 5/21/2022
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2022, 07:38:30 PM »

Posted and attached 👍
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 5/21/2022
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2022, 07:39:11 PM »

May play golf tomorrow for the first time in years

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2022, 08:45:46 PM »

Cooling off nicely for the evening.

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2022, 09:11:52 PM »

We got so much rain this evening we had a visitor by the back door.

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2022, 09:14:41 PM »

We got so much rain this evening we had a visitor by the back door.

And he's like, "Can I come in? It's PISSING down rain out here..."

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2022, 09:23:20 PM »

We got so much rain this evening we had a visitor by the back door.

And he's like, "Can I come in? It's PISSING down rain out here..."
He definitely wanted out of the storm.

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2022, 09:23:49 PM »

Partagas Legend

Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]