CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: 5/18/2022  (Read 2234 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 5/18/2022
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2022, 05:50:48 PM »

That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The only way I can see you getting that in 2 is by having 4 correct letters in your first guess. I thought for sure I knew what word you picked until I looked at your blocks again and now you have me thoroughly confounded. It took me 5.
I'll be happy to bring you up to speed tomorrow.

He took a guess, hoping at least to get more correct letters, and he happened to get the correct word.

Assuming we're all solving the same puzzle, getting the first letter correct narrows the scope for his second guess pretty significantly. He'd go looking for a second guess with vowels he had not yet used and consonants that most frequently appear in five-letter words. He chose a word that happened to be exactly correct.
Yeah, I guess. It just seems an unlikely word. But I'm projecting.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2022, 05:51:36 PM »

At the orthodontist for another braces tightening.
I miss those days. Meaning when I had braces myself. So far, none of my kids have required them.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2022, 05:53:37 PM »

At the orthodontist for another braces tightening.
I miss those days. Meaning when I had braces myself. So far, none of my kids have required them.
Lucky you. While cheaper than I thought they'd be, having to drive her over here every 6 weeks is already getting old.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2022, 05:56:28 PM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Priscilla Pointer is 98.
Baseball Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson is 84.
Actor Candice Azzara is 81.
Bluegrass singer-musician Rodney Dillard (The Dillards) is 80.
Baseball Hall of Famer Reggie Jackson is 76.
Former Sen. Tom Udall, D-N.M., is 74.
Country singer Joe Bonsall (The Oak Ridge Boys) is 74.
Rock musician Rick Wakeman (Yes) is 73.
Rock singer Mark Mothersbaugh (Devo) is 72.
Actor James Stephens is 71.
Country singer George Strait is 70.
Actor Chow Yun-Fat is 67.
International Tennis Hall of Famer Yannick Noah is 62.
Rock singer-musician Page Hamilton is 62.
Contemporary Christian musician Barry Graul (MercyMe) is 61.
Contemporary Christian singer Michael Tait is 56.
Singer-actor Martika is 53.
Comedian-writer Tina Fey is 52.
Rock singer Jack Johnson is 47.
Country singer David Nail is 43.
Actor Matt Long is 42.
Actor Allen Leech is 41.
Christian singer Francesca Battistelli is 37.
Actor Spencer Breslin is 30.
Actor Violett Beane is 26.
Actor Hala Finley is 13.
Coinkidink of the day:
What's with all the Christian singers and musicians born on May 18th?
Is there a Christian holiday their parents would've been celebrating in mid-August? :D
Actually, yes. The feast of the Assumption is celebrated in many religious countries on August 15th.
But not by the "Real Christians" in the States.  They're not real big on Holy Days, Saints and such.
But June weddings are popular, and historically there is a slightly lower incidence of out-of-wedlock pregnancy among Protestant Christian families. Not enough lower to be terribly significant, but somewhat. Christian belief tends to run in families. So, you have a June wedding, and three or so months later you get conception, and a May birth. Kid grows up in church surrounded by music, probably starts singing as a kid in church, and goes on to become an artist. That's my experience, sans the June wedding. I was conceived after Memorial day, there was a rushed wedding in November, and I was born in late May. But otherwise, the story's the same.

I'm painting with broad brushstrokes here, obviously.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2022, 06:08:26 PM »

That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The only way I can see you getting that in 2 is by having 4 correct letters in your first guess. I thought for sure I knew what word you picked until I looked at your blocks again and now you have me thoroughly confounded. It took me 5.

He took a guess, hoping at least to get more correct letters, and he happened to get the correct word.

Assuming we're all solving the same puzzle, getting the first letter correct narrows the scope for his second guess pretty significantly. He'd go looking for a second guess with vowels he had not yet used and consonants that most frequently appear in five-letter words. He chose a word that happened to be exactly correct.

For me to go any deeper in my analysis would risk spoilers. We can hear his comment tomorrow and see if it jibes with my conjecture. ;-)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2022, 06:25:53 PM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Priscilla Pointer is 98.
Baseball Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson is 84.
Actor Candice Azzara is 81.
Bluegrass singer-musician Rodney Dillard (The Dillards) is 80.
Baseball Hall of Famer Reggie Jackson is 76.
Former Sen. Tom Udall, D-N.M., is 74.
Country singer Joe Bonsall (The Oak Ridge Boys) is 74.
Rock musician Rick Wakeman (Yes) is 73.
Rock singer Mark Mothersbaugh (Devo) is 72.
Actor James Stephens is 71.
Country singer George Strait is 70.
Actor Chow Yun-Fat is 67.
International Tennis Hall of Famer Yannick Noah is 62.
Rock singer-musician Page Hamilton is 62.
Contemporary Christian musician Barry Graul (MercyMe) is 61.
Contemporary Christian singer Michael Tait is 56.
Singer-actor Martika is 53.
Comedian-writer Tina Fey is 52.
Rock singer Jack Johnson is 47.
Country singer David Nail is 43.
Actor Matt Long is 42.
Actor Allen Leech is 41.
Christian singer Francesca Battistelli is 37.
Actor Spencer Breslin is 30.
Actor Violett Beane is 26.
Actor Hala Finley is 13.
Coinkidink of the day:
What's with all the Christian singers and musicians born on May 18th?
Is there a Christian holiday their parents would've been celebrating in mid-August? :D
Actually, yes. The feast of the Assumption is celebrated in many religious countries on August 15th.
But not by the "Real Christians" in the States.  They're not real big on Holy Days, Saints and such.
But June weddings are popular, and historically there is a slightly lower incidence of out-of-wedlock pregnancy among Protestant Christian families. Not enough lower to be terribly significant, but somewhat. Christian belief tends to run in families. So, you have a June wedding, and three or so months later you get conception, and a May birth. Kid grows up in church surrounded by music, probably starts singing as a kid in church, and goes on to become an artist. That's my experience, sans the June wedding. I was conceived after Memorial day, there was a rushed wedding in November, and I was born in late May. But otherwise, the story's the same.

I'm painting with broad brushstrokes here, obviously.
You painted a pretty picture.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2022, 06:26:30 PM »

That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

For me to go any deeper in my analysis would risk spoilers. We can hear his comment tomorrow and see if it jibes with my conjecture. ;-)
Agreed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]