SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #450 on: June 09, 2014, 07:16:56 PM »

Had a nice turkey burger with melted Munster cheese and grilled onions, hash browns, salad.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #451 on: June 09, 2014, 07:18:23 PM »

Always irks me when people won't smoke something because it's their "last one" or something's being saved for a 'special occasion'.

1) Being the last one is as good a reason as it gets to smoke it!  Put it out of its misery!  You can always buy another.

2) A good enough occasion will never come. Smoke it and realize that the cigar makes the occasion, not the other way around.  -----jwacky-----Not necessarily.  Every Saturday night is a special occasion, (some more special than others) and a few of us smoke our best stuff together on Saturday nights.

Well, as with anything, there are exceptions. What I really meant was that sometimes the cigar makes the occasion and not the other way around.
Joe, I agree 100%! Me and the dog are really enjoying this cigar! He jumped in my lap, because the thunder is scaring him. So, second hand smoke for him!
Hey Ken, I"m trying to picture this.  Is the dog a Newfoundland or a shi-tzu?
Chihuahua.
That dog should be on a bun, not your lap.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #452 on: June 09, 2014, 07:18:45 PM »

Didn't mean to dominate the banter, so someone else step in, I"m going to rest for a bit, so I can go out and watch the college baseball game between Maryland and Virginia to see who goes to the college World Series.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #453 on: June 09, 2014, 07:19:34 PM »

[...]

ROTFL
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #454 on: June 09, 2014, 07:19:38 PM »

DPG Vegas Cubanas double corona.
Hey Will, sounds nice.  Are we still smoking Churchill sized cigars in honor of D-Day?
I'll have to start hunting for one. Please post a play by play review.

I got this about a year ago from when Atlantic was running them on special.  Something like $2.80/ea.  Lotta cigar for the money.

Flavor wise, the DPG VC was never top shelf Pepin.  Better than the mixed fillers stuff, maybe on par with the original long filler Tabaocs Baez (though different flavor profiles and wrappers and such), maybe a little higher.  But not on par with the Black, Blue, JJ, etc.

Draw is a little tight, even burn for the first half inch so far.  Medium body, medium flavor, so-so smoke production.  Coffee with cream, mild to moderate amount of Pepin spice/pepper, cedar accents.  Not a bad start.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #455 on: June 09, 2014, 07:19:52 PM »

This cigar is great. I knew it would be. ForbiddenX Toro, with the black foot band. There is a reason why they cost! perfect draw, burn, and taste! I have smoked 2 of these.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #456 on: June 09, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »

WOOO HOOOOO!!!! Thanks Steve!!! WOW...junior status, I've only dared to dream this big!!!-----SJ-----Evening Jeff!  E.O. 21 Robusto with a Vernor's.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #457 on: June 09, 2014, 07:21:34 PM »

[...]

Very funny, KC.  What's smoking? Relaxing the Monday night or keeping the abstinence?
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #458 on: June 09, 2014, 07:21:55 PM »

good evening. fought with Verizon over data usage, assholes. hung cabinettes and worked on window/door trim in the clubhouse, helped FIL stain his deck, played 9 holes of lousy golf, and now enjoying my last Hair of the Dog.

I love Mondays!

« Reply #459 on: June 09, 2014, 07:22:06 PM »

Afternoon Gentlemen.  Famous Nic 3000 and Sparkling Water here on the patio.
/// Just getting ready to eat dinner, thought I'd check in and Dave, your post caught my eye.
I used to get the Famous N3KGR (Gran Robustos) on a regular basis, when I had to move I stored my stash, so I haven't had one in a good while. How is it?  If I remember, there were comments saying that one batch to another might be different.  Sometimes they would be fantastic, then they'd sell out, and then the next batch may not be as good.  But when they were good, they were good.  Almost an oval shape, or soft box press.  Fred used to like them also.  Never could find out who made them.

They vary some but I have never had any bad ones.  Trick is they have to age at least 6 months and even much better in a year.  This one is 6 months and pretty damn good for a $1.95 cigar good burn but draw is a bit tight.  I try to buy some every year so I keep some well aged ones on hand.  Got a few left from over 4 years ago and they are extremely good.  No idea myself who makes them.
Thanks, Dave.  Which vitolas do you prefer?  My first ones were so rich in flavor, mellow in strength, lots of smoke.  Very fond memories of them.

The oldest ones I have are giant Grande Robusto's and probably my favorite but too large for most folks.  Toro's are very good all around and I have a Churchill right now first one of them.  Good for 6 months but the draw is too tight.  They have some Toro's in stock now as well as Grande Robusto's.  I try to catch them on the Mash.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #460 on: June 09, 2014, 07:23:08 PM »

WOOO HOOOOO!!!! Thanks Steve!!! WOW...junior status, I've only dared to dream this big!!!-----SJ-----Evening Jeff!  E.O. 21 Robusto with a Vernor's.
KC, answered my question before I could post it.  I had at least a couple of the E.O. #21 toros over the weekend.  Doesn't disappoint me.

« Reply #461 on: June 09, 2014, 07:23:28 PM »

good evening. fought with Verizon over data usage, assholes. hung cabinettes and worked on window/door trim in the clubhouse, helped FIL stain his deck, played 9 holes of lousy golf, and now enjoying my last Hair of the Dog.

I love Mondays!

You would have been better off going to work and just playing with your Nuts.
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #462 on: June 09, 2014, 07:23:51 PM »

WOOO HOOOOO!!!! Thanks Steve!!! WOW...junior status, I've only dared to dream this big!!!-----SJ-----Evening Jeff!  E.O. 21 Robusto with a Vernor's.
Evening King!!!! Was just thinking about sparking something up. Email & Text sent..

« Reply #463 on: June 09, 2014, 07:24:32 PM »

This cigar is great. I knew it would be. ForbiddenX Toro, with the black foot band. There is a reason why they cost! perfect draw, burn, and taste! I have smoked 2 of these.

But does the dog like it?
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #464 on: June 09, 2014, 07:25:15 PM »

good evening. fought with Verizon over data usage, assholes. hung cabinettes and worked on window/door trim in the clubhouse, helped FIL stain his deck, played 9 holes of lousy golf, and now enjoying my last Hair of the Dog.

I love Mondays!
Yo Deano!!! Or should I call you "3D" from now on???? You see what I mean about Mondays...