SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #435 on: June 09, 2014, 06:50:30 PM »

Afternoon Gentlemen.  Famous Nic 3000 and Sparkling Water here on the patio.
/// Just getting ready to eat dinner, thought I'd check in and Dave, your post caught my eye.
I used to get the Famous N3KGR (Gran Robustos) on a regular basis, when I had to move I stored my stash, so I haven't had one in a good while. How is it?  If I remember, there were comments saying that one batch to another might be different.  Sometimes they would be fantastic, then they'd sell out, and then the next batch may not be as good.  But when they were good, they were good.  Almost an oval shape, or soft box press.  Fred used to like them also.  Never could find out who made them.

They vary some but I have never had any bad ones.  Trick is they have to age at least 6 months and even much better in a year.  This one is 6 months and pretty damn good for a $1.95 cigar good burn but draw is a bit tight.  I try to buy some every year so I keep some well aged ones on hand.  Got a few left from over 4 years ago and they are extremely good.  No idea myself who makes them.
Thanks, Dave.  Which vitolas do you prefer?  My first ones were so rich in flavor, mellow in strength, lots of smoke.  Very fond memories of them.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #436 on: June 09, 2014, 06:53:22 PM »

Good Evening, Men!!! God I hate Mondays!!!
Evening, MFer!  Gotta get those US Open picks to you...
Hey Joey!!! Yes..you do as I try and figure out who my picks will be. Got Sunday all planned out...to be pampered, my ass on that couch when the US Open coverage starts...then leave me the hell alone.
Is that the "good dad" or the "bad dad", Jeff?  8) You work hard, you should be able to relax.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #437 on: June 09, 2014, 06:54:20 PM »

Always irks me when people won't smoke something because it's their "last one" or something's being saved for a 'special occasion'.

1) Being the last one is as good a reason as it gets to smoke it!  Put it out of its misery!  You can always buy another.

2) A good enough occasion will never come. Smoke it and realize that the cigar makes the occasion, not the other way around.  -----jwacky-----Not necessarily.  Every Saturday night is a special occasion, (some more special than others) and a few of us smoke our best stuff together on Saturday nights.

Well, as with anything, there are exceptions. What I really meant was that sometimes the cigar makes the occasion and not the other way around.
Joe, I agree 100%! Me and the dog are really enjoying this cigar! He jumped in my lap, because the thunder is scaring him. So, second hand smoke for him!
Hey Ken, I"m trying to picture this.  Is the dog a Newfoundland or a shi-tzu?
Chihuahua.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #438 on: June 09, 2014, 06:58:25 PM »

Evening Steve!!!!!
Hey Jeff!  Let me be the first to congratulate you for attaining "Junior Status"!
Logged

glassken

« Reply #439 on: June 09, 2014, 07:04:03 PM »

Yummy. Who was it who used to say yummo? And was threatened to be stripped of his man-card? I almost said it, and you can take my man card over my dead body!
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #440 on: June 09, 2014, 07:05:05 PM »

Good Evening, Men!!! God I hate Mondays!!!
Evening, MFer!  Gotta get those US Open picks to you...
Hey Joey!!! Yes..you do as I try and figure out who my picks will be. Got Sunday all planned out...to be pampered, my ass on that couch when the US Open coverage starts...then leave me the hell alone.
Is that the "good dad" or the "bad dad", Jeff?  8) You work hard, you should be able to relax.
I will spend the family & Dylan time in the morning. I seem to do this every year because it's what I want to do. I wish they wouldn't have the US open & Father's Day on the same day every year. I do have the warden approval though. I did make sure we did what she wanted to do on Mother's Day.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #441 on: June 09, 2014, 07:05:25 PM »

[...]

Awwww.  He gets a pass then.  I've seen very few Chihuahuas not shiver and shake when they are startled or scared.  My old GF has had two Irish water spaniels (medium sized dogs) a generation apart, who both would go nuts with fireworks or thunder, racing upstairs and hiding under the bed, shaking like crazy.  Even worse when outside gone like a bolt.
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #442 on: June 09, 2014, 07:06:15 PM »

Evening Steve!!!!!
Hey Jeff!  Let me be the first to congratulate you for attaining "Junior Status"!
WOOO HOOOOO!!!! Thanks Steve!!! WOW...junior status, I've only dared to dream this big!!! ;)
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #443 on: June 09, 2014, 07:08:05 PM »

DPG Vegas Cubanas double corona.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #444 on: June 09, 2014, 07:08:06 PM »

Good Evening, Men!!! God I hate Mondays!!!
Evening, MFer!  Gotta get those US Open picks to you...
Hey Joey!!! Yes..you do as I try and figure out who my picks will be. Got Sunday all planned out...to be pampered, my ass on that couch when the US Open coverage starts...then leave me the hell alone.
Is that the "good dad" or the "bad dad", Jeff?  8) You work hard, you should be able to relax.
I will spend the family & Dylan time in the morning. I seem to do this every year because it's what I want to do. I wish they wouldn't have the US open & Father's Day on the same day every year. I do have the warden approval though. I did make sure we did what she wanted to do on Mother's Day.
What did she choose to do?
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #445 on: June 09, 2014, 07:09:05 PM »

Yummy. Who was it who used to say yummo? And was threatened to be stripped of his man-card? I almost said it, and you can take my man card over my dead body!
Tony was the first one I saw use the word, "Yummo".
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #446 on: June 09, 2014, 07:09:44 PM »

Evening Steve!!!!!
Hey Jeff!  Let me be the first to congratulate you for attaining "Junior Status"!
WOOO HOOOOO!!!! Thanks Steve!!! WOW...junior status, I've only dared to dream this big!!! ;)
Celebrate, celebrate ... dance to the music.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #447 on: June 09, 2014, 07:10:38 PM »

[...]

Yo quiero Taco Bell!
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #448 on: June 09, 2014, 07:14:36 PM »

DPG Vegas Cubanas double corona.
Hey Will, sounds nice.  Are we still smoking Churchill sized cigars in honor of D-Day?
I'll have to start hunting for one. Please post a play by play review.
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #449 on: June 09, 2014, 07:15:31 PM »

Good Evening, Men!!! God I hate Mondays!!!
Evening, MFer!  Gotta get those US Open picks to you...
Hey Joey!!! Yes..you do as I try and figure out who my picks will be. Got Sunday all planned out...to be pampered, my ass on that couch when the US Open coverage starts...then leave me the hell alone.
Is that the "good dad" or the "bad dad", Jeff?  8) You work hard, you should be able to relax.
I will spend the family & Dylan time in the morning. I seem to do this every year because it's what I want to do. I wish they wouldn't have the US open & Father's Day on the same day every year. I do have the warden approval though. I did make sure we did what she wanted to do on Mother's Day.
What did she choose to do?
Brunch with both of her boys at a new place I found. Then after..we stopped at the grocery store and I let her oldest load up a cart on me before taking him home. She says it was perfect!!!