jswaykos

« Reply #405 on: June 09, 2014, 06:12:03 PM »

Afternoon Gentlemen.  Famous Nic 3000 and Sparkling Water here on the patio.
Afternoon, Dave.

Afternoon Joe, how much longer you got working today?
Another half hour, at most.  Nothing else to 'do', just wrapping some things up.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #406 on: June 09, 2014, 06:12:33 PM »

Let's see if this 4 year aged cigar is good, shall we?
/// Nice, Ken.
Logged

Fitzy

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #407 on: June 09, 2014, 06:12:58 PM »

Let's see if this 4 year aged cigar is good, shall we?
is there such a bad thing as a bad opus!?!
HaHa! No, but these have so much bullshit with them, but yeah it is very, very good! The bullshit is the price. Does that Chateau Fuente leaf grow like all other tobacco? Like a weed? It is good, and I'm smoking it sitting here by myself, watching the thunderstorms with wardens scared dog. He's a pussy!
While I can't disagree with you on the price...  They are a damn good cigar.  My FIL gave me a half dozen.  He found a local shop that would sell a box of them for cheap...  Cash only...  Makes you wonder...
Logged

glassken

« Reply #408 on: June 09, 2014, 06:16:19 PM »

Let's see if this 4 year aged cigar is good, shall we?
/// Nice, Ken.
Howdy, Steve, and fitz, and Joe! This is a great cigar, though. No doubt about it.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #409 on: June 09, 2014, 06:18:17 PM »

Always irks me when people won't smoke something because it's their "last one" or something's being saved for a 'special occasion'.

1) Being the last one is as good a reason as it gets to smoke it!  Put it out of its misery!  You can always buy another.

2) A good enough occasion will never come. Smoke it and realize that the cigar makes the occasion, not the other way around.  -----jwacky-----Not necessarily.  Every Saturday night is a special occasion, (some more special than others) and a few of us smoke our best stuff together on Saturday nights.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #410 on: June 09, 2014, 06:19:38 PM »

Gonna call it a day.....have a good evening, folks.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #411 on: June 09, 2014, 06:19:56 PM »

Always irks me when people won't smoke something because it's their "last one" or something's being saved for a 'special occasion'.

1) Being the last one is as good a reason as it gets to smoke it!  Put it out of its misery!  You can always buy another.

2) A good enough occasion will never come. Smoke it and realize that the cigar makes the occasion, not the other way around.  -----jwacky-----Not necessarily.  Every Saturday night is a special occasion, (some more special than others) and a few of us smoke our best stuff together on Saturday nights.

Well, as with anything, there are exceptions. What I really meant was that sometimes the cigar makes the occasion and not the other way around.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #412 on: June 09, 2014, 06:20:47 PM »

Let's see if this 4 year aged cigar is good, shall we?
is there such a bad thing as a bad opus!?!
HaHa! No, but these have so much bullshit with them, but yeah it is very, very good! The bullshit is the price. Does that Chateau Fuente leaf grow like all other tobacco? Like a weed? It is good, and I'm smoking it sitting here by myself, watching the thunderstorms with wardens scared dog. He's a pussy!
While I can't disagree with you on the price...  They are a damn good cigar.  My FIL gave me a half dozen.  He found a local shop that would sell a box of them for cheap...  Cash only...  Makes you wonder...
Maybe the fancy band costs a lot! Real gold?
Logged

glassken

« Reply #413 on: June 09, 2014, 06:23:06 PM »

Always irks me when people won't smoke something because it's their "last one" or something's being saved for a 'special occasion'.

1) Being the last one is as good a reason as it gets to smoke it!  Put it out of its misery!  You can always buy another.

2) A good enough occasion will never come. Smoke it and realize that the cigar makes the occasion, not the other way around.  -----jwacky-----Not necessarily.  Every Saturday night is a special occasion, (some more special than others) and a few of us smoke our best stuff together on Saturday nights.

Well, as with anything, there are exceptions. What I really meant was that sometimes the cigar makes the occasion and not the other way around.
Joe, I agree 100%! Me and the dog are really enjoying this cigar! He jumped in my lap, because the thunder is scaring him. So, second hand smoke for him!
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #414 on: June 09, 2014, 06:24:36 PM »

Well, as with anything, there are exceptions. What I really meant was that sometimes the cigar makes the occasion and not the other way around-----jwacky-----This is true.

« Reply #415 on: June 09, 2014, 06:26:04 PM »

Afternoon Gentlemen.  Famous Nic 3000 and Sparkling Water here on the patio.
/// Just getting ready to eat dinner, thought I'd check in and Dave, your post caught my eye.
I used to get the Famous N3KGR (Gran Robustos) on a regular basis, when I had to move I stored my stash, so I haven't had one in a good while. How is it?  If I remember, there were comments saying that one batch to another might be different.  Sometimes they would be fantastic, then they'd sell out, and then the next batch may not be as good.  But when they were good, they were good.  Almost an oval shape, or soft box press.  Fred used to like them also.  Never could find out who made them.

They vary some but I have never had any bad ones.  Trick is they have to age at least 6 months and even much better in a year.  This one is 6 months and pretty damn good for a $1.95 cigar good burn but draw is a bit tight.  I try to buy some every year so I keep some well aged ones on hand.  Got a few left from over 4 years ago and they are extremely good.  No idea myself who makes them.
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #416 on: June 09, 2014, 06:26:22 PM »

Good Evening, Men!!! God I hate Mondays!!!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #417 on: June 09, 2014, 06:28:42 PM »

Good Evening, Men!!! God I hate Mondays!!!
Evening, MFer!  Gotta get those US Open picks to you...
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #418 on: June 09, 2014, 06:29:15 PM »

Damn it!!! Missed Dusty Dave!! Well..there is always another Dave around, just not the dusty one. ;)
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #419 on: June 09, 2014, 06:31:17 PM »

Good Evening, Men!!! God I hate Mondays!!!
Evening, MFer!  Gotta get those US Open picks to you...
Hey Joey!!! Yes..you do as I try and figure out who my picks will be. Got Sunday all planned out...to be pampered, my ass on that couch when the US Open coverage starts...then leave me the hell alone.