CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39

Author Topic: 6/9/2014  (Read 125411 times)

sfish

Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #180 on: June 09, 2014, 12:05:43 PM »

All this liquor store talk, think I may have to pay a visit today.
Have to look for some Horny Goat.
Comes in 12oz/4-packs. Can't miss it if you find it, distinctive packaging

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #181 on: June 09, 2014, 12:06:07 PM »

Tony said he had a meeting. I'm sure he'll be back later. ;)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #182 on: June 09, 2014, 12:06:21 PM »

Hey there, Dave.  Glad to see you found your way to the 'new' banter. 

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #183 on: June 09, 2014, 12:07:33 PM »

Time for a seegar, mornin gents
Mornin' FB

sfish

« Reply #184 on: June 09, 2014, 12:07:43 PM »

Good morning Joe, Dusty
Morning, Scott.  Nice weekend, lots of beers.  Stuck with IPAs, for the most part.  Port Brewing Mongo, Deschutes Hop Henge Experimental, and Knee Deep Simtra.  Squeezed a North Coast Old Rasputin in there as well.  All OK, nothing jumped out at me as a re-purchase.  Maybe the Mongo.  Old Rasputin was good but it had that high carbonation thing going on that kinda turns me off at times.  Just seems to clash with an otherwise thick, sweet stout.
See if you can find the Horny Goat Choc/PB Porter, it's really good. Brewed in Milwaukee
I'll ask.  No plans on stopping by the liquor store this week but that'll change by lunch time today.
Exactly, why fight the inevitable?
Exactly.  Normally I'd be saving my booze budget for the liquor store/whiskey tasting tomorrow night but it's looking unlikely that I'll be able to attend.  Dan's killing that for me, BTW.  Can get more in to that tomorrow if you'd like.  Or now, just say so.  Wife's got plans for the weekend that'll include plenty of beer... Darius Rucker concert Friday night at the fair, Oyster Fest on Saturday, and says Sunday will be 'low key' which I hope means leave me the hell alone and let me smoke cigars all day.
Well, something tells me you have differing views on the definition of "low key". Maybe that just means Dan and his wife and kids will come over to hang
Yes, we usually do have different definitions of that.  O'well.  Victory at Sea growler fills were available at one of the Ballast Point locations (still are).  Might run out there and get some.  Only thing holding me back are a few bottles that I already have, but I'm kinda curious to compare it how it tastes out of a bottle, see if I can pick up any differences.  That's an awfully heavy beer to have to go through so much of in just a couple days, though.
I would have to try that on tap, don't know how you're holding back. Whah, too much great beer to drink! I could think of worse challenges

sfish

« Reply #185 on: June 09, 2014, 12:08:13 PM »

Tony said he had a meeting. I'm sure he'll be back later. ;)
CNS

sfish

« Reply #186 on: June 09, 2014, 12:08:48 PM »

Hey Scott, Glad to see you had a chance for a couple drinks and at least 1 smoke. Better than no smoke. =)

I grabbed the last Creme Brulee off the local shelf. Only the Mokah left. Had a Tat Black CG Saturday, and another Namakubi on Sunday.
Have you gotten hold of the Chokolat yet?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #187 on: June 09, 2014, 12:11:22 PM »

And if you miss it, you can't find it.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2014, 12:11:52 PM »

Label looks like this, Dave.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2014, 12:12:17 PM »

I was wondering what to do with that....

sfish

« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2014, 12:12:33 PM »

Morning Fred

sfish

« Reply #191 on: June 09, 2014, 12:13:36 PM »

Yeah, I knew I left the door ajar on that one

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #192 on: June 09, 2014, 12:14:18 PM »

Hey Scott, Glad to see you had a chance for a couple drinks and at least 1 smoke. Better than no smoke. =)

I grabbed the last Creme Brulee off the local shelf. Only the Mokah left. Had a Tat Black CG Saturday, and another Namakubi on Sunday.
Have you gotten hold of the Chokolat yet?

Looked all over town and was only able to find 1. Had it Memorial Weekend. Really good. Hate that I have to wait until October until I can get another.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #193 on: June 09, 2014, 12:14:42 PM »

Good morning Joe, Dusty
Morning, Scott.  Nice weekend, lots of beers.  Stuck with IPAs, for the most part.  Port Brewing Mongo, Deschutes Hop Henge Experimental, and Knee Deep Simtra.  Squeezed a North Coast Old Rasputin in there as well.  All OK, nothing jumped out at me as a re-purchase.  Maybe the Mongo.  Old Rasputin was good but it had that high carbonation thing going on that kinda turns me off at times.  Just seems to clash with an otherwise thick, sweet stout.
See if you can find the Horny Goat Choc/PB Porter, it's really good. Brewed in Milwaukee
I'll ask.  No plans on stopping by the liquor store this week but that'll change by lunch time today.
Exactly, why fight the inevitable?
Exactly.  Normally I'd be saving my booze budget for the liquor store/whiskey tasting tomorrow night but it's looking unlikely that I'll be able to attend.  Dan's killing that for me, BTW.  Can get more in to that tomorrow if you'd like.  Or now, just say so.  Wife's got plans for the weekend that'll include plenty of beer... Darius Rucker concert Friday night at the fair, Oyster Fest on Saturday, and says Sunday will be 'low key' which I hope means leave me the hell alone and let me smoke cigars all day.
Well, something tells me you have differing views on the definition of "low key". Maybe that just means Dan and his wife and kids will come over to hang
Yes, we usually do have different definitions of that.  O'well.  Victory at Sea growler fills were available at one of the Ballast Point locations (still are).  Might run out there and get some.  Only thing holding me back are a few bottles that I already have, but I'm kinda curious to compare it how it tastes out of a bottle, see if I can pick up any differences.  That's an awfully heavy beer to have to go through so much of in just a couple days, though.
I would have to try that on tap, don't know how you're holding back. Whah, too much great beer to drink! I could think of worse challenges
LOL, I know... I try to cut back on the amount of beer I drink during the week.  I do really enjoy getting it on tap at the cigar shop.  It was my old regular, before they got in the Mother Earth SinTax.  That was before I realized that the PB stout was regularly available in stores.  Given a choice between the two I'd definitely take the VaS.  Maybe I'll go and get a smaller growler, just a 32oz jug.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #194 on: June 09, 2014, 12:16:06 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39