CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39

Author Topic: 6/9/2014  (Read 125421 times)

sfish

Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2014, 11:37:04 AM »

Happy Monday... I could use a trip to the liquor store this morning. This place is a GD clusterfuck. Sheesh.  :o
You been peeking under Scott's kilt? Mornin' Steve
CNS, getting crowded under there

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2014, 11:38:02 AM »

Happy Monday... I could use a trip to the liquor store this morning. This place is a GD clusterfuck. Sheesh.  :o

Nah. Seems like there's enough going on under there already. Mornin', DD.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2014, 11:41:16 AM »

Good morning Joe, Dusty
Morning, Scott.  Nice weekend, lots of beers.  Stuck with IPAs, for the most part.  Port Brewing Mongo, Deschutes Hop Henge Experimental, and Knee Deep Simtra.  Squeezed a North Coast Old Rasputin in there as well.  All OK, nothing jumped out at me as a re-purchase.  Maybe the Mongo.  Old Rasputin was good but it had that high carbonation thing going on that kinda turns me off at times.  Just seems to clash with an otherwise thick, sweet stout.
See if you can find the Horny Goat Choc/PB Porter, it's really good. Brewed in Milwaukee
I'll ask.  No plans on stopping by the liquor store this week but that'll change by lunch time today.
Exactly, why fight the inevitable?
Exactly.  Normally I'd be saving my booze budget for the liquor store/whiskey tasting tomorrow night but it's looking unlikely that I'll be able to attend.  Dan's killing that for me, BTW.  Can get more in to that tomorrow if you'd like.  Or now, just say so.  Wife's got plans for the weekend that'll include plenty of beer... Darius Rucker concert Friday night at the fair, Oyster Fest on Saturday, and says Sunday will be 'low key' which I hope means leave me the hell alone and let me smoke cigars all day.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2014, 11:44:29 AM »

Nah. Seems like there's enough going on under there already. Mornin', DD.

... and "this place" was the job, not the banter. I could see how one could confuse clusterfuck's. HA!
Speaking of places, looks like Joe bought all the #4's at the cigar place... Still 7 deals for the La Traviata's though.

sfish

« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2014, 11:46:48 AM »

Good morning Joe, Dusty
Morning, Scott.  Nice weekend, lots of beers.  Stuck with IPAs, for the most part.  Port Brewing Mongo, Deschutes Hop Henge Experimental, and Knee Deep Simtra.  Squeezed a North Coast Old Rasputin in there as well.  All OK, nothing jumped out at me as a re-purchase.  Maybe the Mongo.  Old Rasputin was good but it had that high carbonation thing going on that kinda turns me off at times.  Just seems to clash with an otherwise thick, sweet stout.
See if you can find the Horny Goat Choc/PB Porter, it's really good. Brewed in Milwaukee
I'll ask.  No plans on stopping by the liquor store this week but that'll change by lunch time today.
Exactly.  Normally I'd be saving my booze budget for the liquor store/whiskey tasting tomorrow night but it's looking unlikely that I'll be able to attend.  Dan's killing that for me, BTW.  Can get more in to that tomorrow if you'd like.  Or now, just say so.  Wife's got plans for the weekend that'll include plenty of beer... Darius Rucker concert Friday night at the fair, Oyster Fest on Saturday, and says Sunday will be 'low key' which I hope means leave me the hell alone and let me smoke cigars all day.
Well, something tells me you have differing views on the definition of "low key". Maybe that just means Dan and his wife and kids will come over to hang

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #170 on: June 09, 2014, 11:47:16 AM »

Good morning Joe, Dusty

And he was doing so good staying out of your way. Too bad. Mornin', Joe.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2014, 11:52:32 AM »

Time for a seegar, mornin gents

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #172 on: June 09, 2014, 11:55:10 AM »

Good morning Joe, Dusty
Well, something tells me you have differing views on the definition of "low key". Maybe that just means Dan and his wife and kids will come over to hang
Yes, we usually do have different definitions of that.  O'well.  Victory at Sea growler fills were available at one of the Ballast Point locations (still are).  Might run out there and get some.  Only thing holding me back are a few bottles that I already have, but I'm kinda curious to compare it how it tastes out of a bottle, see if I can pick up any differences.  That's an awfully heavy beer to have to go through so much of in just a couple days, though.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2014, 11:55:26 AM »

What's smokin', Freddie?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2014, 11:55:29 AM »

Morning, FB.  What are ya smoking?

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #175 on: June 09, 2014, 12:01:38 PM »

What's smokin', Freddie?
nothing special, just a Camacho connie.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2014, 12:02:01 PM »

All this liquor store talk, think I may have to pay a visit today.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #177 on: June 09, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »

All this liquor store talk, think I may have to pay a visit today.
Have to look for some Horny Goat.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #178 on: June 09, 2014, 12:04:39 PM »

What's smokin', Freddie?
nothing special, just a Camacho connie.
I really like those, actually.  Definitely among my favorite connies.  Glad that was one of the blends that didn't change when they went through that whole re-branding phase.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2014, 12:04:52 PM »

Hey Scott, Glad to see you had a chance for a couple drinks and at least 1 smoke. Better than no smoke. =)

I grabbed the last Creme Brulee off the local shelf. Only the Mokah left. Had a Tat Black CG Saturday, and another Namakubi on Sunday.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39