CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: 8/7/2017  (Read 12884 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/7/2017
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2017, 09:03:47 AM »

Morning Daves, Dean, and Mr. Mayor.  Still light rain here, bulk of it is pounding San Antonio area now. Sure glad I'm not trying to fly anywhere today.
Morning No Fly Day Bean, yeah you can bet ABI is a ZOO this morning after all those early Monday flights being disrupted.
I have two guys from the shop flying out this morning heading to CT.  I don't even want to look up the flight status.
Had to look.  Showing 1 hr delay now, so they'll miss the connection in CLT.  There's weather out east also, though, so who knows.
1 hour (if even marginally true) is less than I would expect.
They just say one hour....always means more like two....they just round down.
The old "one more hour every hour" routine
Exactly.  They think it makes people less pissed off I guess.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2017, 09:04:32 AM »

Dentist time  :(

Just install permanent crowns (that I now know are not really permanent since this all tarted with a failing crown).  Dentist said crowns usually last about 20 years.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2017, 09:04:53 AM »

Morning Daves, Dean, and Mr. Mayor.  Still light rain here, bulk of it is pounding San Antonio area now. Sure glad I'm not trying to fly anywhere today.
Morning No Fly Day Bean, yeah you can bet ABI is a ZOO this morning after all those early Monday flights being disrupted.
I have two guys from the shop flying out this morning heading to CT.  I don't even want to look up the flight status.
Had to look.  Showing 1 hr delay now, so they'll miss the connection in CLT.  There's weather out east also, though, so who knows.
It's not like they don't know exactly where the incoming plane is....
...and if flight time is an hour and a half and they haven't taken off yet....not likely there will only be an hour delay.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2017, 09:05:33 AM »

Probably so since it is exactly backwards from reality which is how airlines operate.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2017, 09:43:55 AM »

Thought I got all the states, but need to include SC, don't I?

Lighthouses survive at eight historic light stations in the state. Developers have restored two of the historic towers and also built several facsimile lighthouses. There is no statewide preservation group, and for the past two decades preservation efforts have been focused on the critically endangered Morris Island Light. Several other lighthouses need attention, including Georgetown, Hunting Island, and especially Cape Romain.

The Coast Guard continues to operate lights at only two of them, Georgetown and Sullivan's Island.

Sullivan's Island light is also quite possibly the strangest looking.

Threebean

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2017, 09:57:36 AM »

Lighthouses survive at eight historic light stations in the state. Developers have restored two of the historic towers and also built several facsimile lighthouses. There is no statewide preservation group, and for the past two decades preservation efforts have been focused on the critically endangered Morris Island Light. Several other lighthouses need attention, including Georgetown, Hunting Island, and especially Cape Romain.

The Coast Guard continues to operate lights at only two of them, Georgetown and Sullivan's Island.

Lighthouse Inspection and Maintenance Manager.  Sounds like the perfect retirement job for SoonToBeSCDave. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2017, 10:04:49 AM »

Lighthouse Inspection and Maintenance Manager.  Sounds like the perfect retirement job for SoonToBeSCDave.
Agreed, but does he do windows?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2017, 10:05:20 AM »

Morning Mr. Bean.
Your boys get off the ground yet?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2017, 10:06:59 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2017, 10:07:05 AM »

My favorite is when we are near or at boarding time, the board shows "On Time", and there is no frickin' plane at the gate.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2017, 10:08:20 AM »

Morning Mr. Raz.
Your heatwave finally break?

Threebean

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2017, 10:14:31 AM »

Morning Mr. Bean.
Yep, about a 1.5 hrs late.  What becomes of them once they arrive CLT remains to be seen. 

Threebean

« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2017, 10:16:20 AM »

My favorite is when we are near or at boarding time, the board shows "On Time", and there is no frickin' plane at the gate.
Mine is when the boards show the departure gate, you get there, and it's not that gate. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2017, 10:31:45 AM »

Mine is when the boards show the departure gate, you get there, and it's not that gate.
Yea, and on those days when you're not really paying attention....sitting there reading or bantering on your phone, then you realize you should be boarding, look up and see another destination at your gate...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2017, 10:44:28 AM »

Morning Mr. Bean.
Yep, about a 1.5 hrs late.  What becomes of them once they arrive CLT remains to be seen.
I'll tell you what...
https://www.yelp.com/biz/uptown-bar-and-lounge-charlotte

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12